Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,178 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam (16752 Views)

Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. / Christianity Does Not Have Anything In Common With Islam / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Morgan1092(m): 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ok
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by xtayle(m): 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel: of course he would , two sides of the same coin, Islam and Catholicism.

smiley

GBAMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by kwajahafiz(m): 5:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
maclatunji: Point of correction Pope Francis, you can only have a dialogue with Muslims not Islam. Outside of that error, you have spoken well as is expected of a leader. However, I will add that people study Islam objectively and independently not through hearsay or what haters say.

No point to be corrected sir..
Islam is a religion of muslims...
just as one can say, make peace with
Christianity, not christians.
what is tacitly implied is peace with the religion not just its adherents. because peace with Islam is peace with muslims......
Its wise to think before one gives vent, or one might run the risk of appearing ignorant.

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by xtayle(m): 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
idnoble135:
OMG!!! Neva knew dat! Sory 4 dz poor folks who wit abundant evidence stil preferred a lie.

I read many years ago from a book by an American author, Rebecca Brown-"He Came to set the Captives free"- That Catholicsm is fetish. What exctly is the difference between them and Islam?

Rosary and Tesbiu is the same
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by theripper: 5:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
Islam is at Loggerheads with other religions of the world, they should be more affable.

Currently, islamists and Buddists are killing each oda in Myammar, they are killing christians in Nigeria, sunnis and shias are eternally sworn enemies etc etc .It doesn't take one to b a rocket scientist to know there is sometin fundamentally wrong in Islam.

I wonder what they would b discussing.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
@Pope. They don't want to dialogue o. Their founder does not permit them.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
maclatunji: Point of correction Pope Francis, you can only have a dialogue with Muslims not Islam. Outside of that error, you have spoken well as is expected of a leader. However, I will add that people study Islam objectively and independently not through hearsay or what haters say.

We have studied islam with what we saw with our eyes, we didn't just hear it we have seen and experienced what islam can do to a nation. So what ever opinion we have about islam is due to the activities of islam in the world at large.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Profkenny1(m): 6:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
dialogue with Islam shocked shocked
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by ooman(m): 6:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
striktlymi:

What we keep getting wrong is expecting God to work with our time-table. God is a sovereign and he dose things when he wants to...I am human and I can choose to keep an answer to a puzzle to myself without fear or favour...God can do the same!

#Thread has hit the homepage, might be going off soon.

If the diseases that kill man is not part of the exigences in God's time table, what is?? Just what is??
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Dee60: 6:08pm On Mar 22, 2013
End times!
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
The Pope can have a dialogue on behalf of the catholic church but he certainly does not speak for the Head of the Church, Christ Jesus the King of Kings and Lord of Lords who said :

"I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture." - John 10:9

No other way will suffice , but his enemies represent the false way as Jesus mentioned :

"The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it." - John 10:12

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Danice253: 6:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

I am addressing the title of the post btw and not his entire speech which has a lot of good parts.

The crux of the matter is dialogue for what purpose ? Are Muslims going to believe that Jesus Christ is the WAY , the TRUTH and the LIFE ? If no , then there is no room for dialogue but prayer and preaching of the word of God to the lost , day and night.

St.Paul and co did not compromise with false religions or negotiate with them, they preached Christ and him crucified , they did not receive the applause and adoration from government or the false religion of the day, instead they were jailed, whipped, cursed, abused, rejected and killed.

There is no other way Pal but Jesus.

Any person who suggests otherwise is a wolf and hireling and careth not for the sheep.

Yes we should love all people, help all people with our resources, care for the poor and speak out against oppression, but at the end of the day, the most important thing is eternal life and freedom from sin , to deny people of this , is wickedness personified.

Seriously i dnt no y ppl find it difficult 2 undrstand simple grammer. The Pope is seeking 4 diague wit d muslim faithful cos he sees dem as human beings not christian antagonists. As such his interest is for peace nd unity 2 govern the world

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by deprince0(m): 6:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
He who has an ear let him hear. Pope's statement is the statement of the reign of the anti christ. That is the false peace the bible talked about. Lion and Tiger can't live in the same jungle. Christianity and islam can't work amicably. What kind of dialogue was the pope talking about. Christians shouldn't preach Jesus maybe on the street and call Jesus to be God in the public or Islam should stop seeing Jesus as one of the prophets and accept that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. Dialogue with hindu to embrace fantheism. Can we see that there is no peace because of belief. This is what revelations talked about two beasts in rev 13. The first beast was political and the second beast was religious. Somebody should read about united religious charter or organization. Just search it on google.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
i dont even like the new pope. h is always looking forward to combining islam with christianity. its not possible. the same purpose his predecessors followed. this is unbiblical and uncalled. tis an abomination. what is business with muslims. pls can somebody tell me what is wrong with the pope. why did say muslims worship the true God. ths is just nonsense and deception. if you dont believe me, pls click to open below...just read and dont be deceived. theg are planning to form a one world religion. their aim is to make way for antichrist to come in and rule, which anyone who does not bow to the antichrist(satan) will be killed. you still dont believe me right? dont worry things will begin to unfold very soon. the blible says, " their is nothing hidden under the sun that will not be exposed."

http://christiannews.net/2013/03/21/pope-francis-meets-with-muslim-jewish-leaders-praises-atheists-as-precious-allies/
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
Awon Musulumi tio ni itiju wo lo losi inauguration pope?only the hyocrite muslims who don't have an iota fear of Allah would be there,spit out angry

How can a practicing Muslim go where they profess Hail Mary Mother of God,Naudhubillah.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
There are so many questions to ask God in the end
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Classicalman(m): 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
Alfamann: unfortunately for you mr latunji, i am not a christian and much less a caholic so i am not obliged to have any dialogue with crazy people like you.

So go back to your cave and don't answer me so as not to disturb my guinness and bacon lunch.
Hmmm... O boy, Maclatunji go vex for you now, move this thread to muslim section. grin grin grin
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
Danice253:

Seriously i dnt no y ppl find it difficult 2 undrstand simple grammer. The Pope is seeking 4 diague wit d muslim faithful cos he sees dem as human beings not christian antagonists. As such his interest is for peace nd unity 2 govern the world

Peace at what cost ? At the cost of selling out Jesus , just like many false prophets do in Nigeria today , no ?

Jesus no longer has a say, the Holy Spirit is redundant and Yahweh is passive

Are you telling me that the God of heaven and earth does not know what he is doing and needs the Pope to utter blasphemies in his name and pretend to speak for his bride, the bride of Christ.

Mate, we are at war and I do not mean physical war, we are in a spiritual warfare and Jesus is leading his forces from victory to victory , no dialogue with the spirit of the anti-Christ , not now , not ever.

"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords." - Revelation 19 : 11-16
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Classicalman(m): 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
xtayle:

GBAMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!
Catholics are not suicide bombers.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by deols(f): 6:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

Trying to educate the gullible on what the catholic church means when they say dialogue, it has nothing to do with telling them ,out of love, that they need to believe in Jesus to receive eternal life or they will be forever lost.

The catholic dialogue from experience and practice is an all embracing ecumenical attempt to conglomerate all religions under one umbrella in the name of peace and humanity, while caring less for the integrity and honor of the gospel.

Maybe because the catholics or at least the pope is aware.

The gospel(as u mean it) has nothing to offer anyone. They just want to present something else, that may really serve humanity.

Without the shahada(belief in Allah and the prophethood of MuhammadS.A.W) though, it is still like pouring water in a basket

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
Peterjosh: There are so many questions to ask God in the end

their is no question to ask God. He is given us His word, which is yhe bible. read it, my brother, u will discover a lot in it. and u will never be deceived in this end time or make mistake.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
uplawal: Awon Musulumi tio ni itiju wo lo losi inauguration pope?only the hyocrite muslims who don't have an iota fear of Allah would be there,spit out angry

How can a practicing Muslim go where they profess Hail Mary Mother of God,Naudhubillah.

exactly, Catholics and their Mary worship, almost on the same par with Muslims who revere Mary to almost godlike status.

Same , all over.

Come to Jesus and receive life , stop lingering in the valley of death.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
deols:

Maybe because the catholics or at least the pope is aware.

The gospel(as u mean it) has nothing to offer anyone. They just want to present something else, that may really serve humanity.

Without the shahada(monotheism in Allah and the prophethood of MuhammadS.A.W) though, it is still like pouring water in a basket

There is ONE God , to this we agree, but there is only ONE way to get to this God and it is not through religion or the traditions of MEN, but through the Person of Jesus Christ, who is the Son of the living God and the savior of all men who call upon his name.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by deols(f): 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

exactly, Catholics and their Mary worship, almost on the same par with Muslims who revere Mary to almost godlike status.

Same , all over.

Come to Jesus and receive life , stop lingering in the valley of death.

Muslims putting mary in godlike status?

I always have a problem with people who talk outta ignorance.

And you have all an education needs. Mary, godlike in Islam? It must be the most ignorant thing I have read on NL.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by deols(f): 6:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

There is ONE God , to this we agree, but there is only ONE way to get to this God and it is not through religion or the traditions of MEN, but through the Person of Jesus Christ, who is the Son of the living God and the savior of all men who call upon his name.

The son part can never be logical. A man saving fellow man neither.

Say something better jorh grin

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
deols:

Muslims putting mary in godlike status?

I always have a problem with people who talk outta ignorance.

And you have all an education needs. Mary, godlike in Islam? It must be the most ignorant thing I have read on NL.

The angels said to Mary: "God [Allah] bids you rejoice in a Word from Him. His name is the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary. He shall be noble in this world and in the world to come, and shall be one of those who are favored. He shall preach to men in his cradle and in the prime of manhood, and shall lead a righteous life." [Note 59]

It is interesting to note that in the Koran, Jesus is almost exclusively referred to as "Jesus son of Mary," rather than "Son of God." The Koran vehemently denies that Jesus is the Son of God, yet it holds both Jesus and Mary in high esteem. More important to our context, is the fact that Mary is arguably more highly honored than Jesus in the Koran and in the Muslim world. The Muslims, like the Catholics, refer to her as "Our Lady." She is also venerated as a pure and holy saint in the Islamic world.

Furthermore, Mary is mentioned no less than 34 times in the Koran. In addition, the 19th surah (chapter) of the Koran is named after Mary. Based on these facts alone, it is apparent that "Our Lady" is surely seen as blessed above all women by orthodox Muslims. In addition, consider the following three quotes taken directly from the Koran:

And remember the angels' words to Mary. They said: "God has chosen you. He has made you pure and exalted you above womankind." [Note 60]

The Messiah, the son of Mary, was no more than an apostle: other apostles passed away before him. His mother was a saintly woman. [Note 61]

Whereupon he [Jesus] spoke and said: "I am the servant of God. He has given me the Book and ordained me a prophet. His blessing is upon me wherever I go, and He has exhorted me to be steadfast in prayer and to give alms as long as I shall live. He has exhorted me to honor my mother and has purged me of vanity and wickedness" [Note 62]

Muslims and Apparitions of Mary

While it is apparent that Mary is considered by adherents of the Islamic faith to be the most blessed woman ever, does this necessarily imply that Muslims would respond to Marian apparitions or signs and wonders as many Catholics, Protestants, and Orthodox Christians have done? Would Muslims listen to these apparitions and heed the messages? In order to answer this question, we can consider an apparition of Mary that appeared to millions of Muslims in the 20th century.

At a Coptic Orthodox church in Zeitoun, Egypt, a suburb of Cairo, a remarkable series of events occurred. A woman that onlookers believed was Mary, appeared in the form of an apparition, performing signs, wonders, and healings. This same woman appeared several nights each week for years. The vast majority of spectators were Muslim. Here is a description of the events surrounding the Zeitoun apparitions:

The Zeitoun apparitions… were seen by everyone present… the persons present at apparitional events there varied from several thousand to over two hundred thousand per night. Total witnesses perhaps numbered into the millions.

Several nights each week, thousands of Moslems (who constituted most of the crowds) fell to their knees on prayer rugs spread wherever space permitted, and wept before the magnificent, wondrous, glorious form of Our Lady from Heaven. All witnesses agree that the Lady seemed to be composed of light that usually was intense, yet lessened occasionally.

The apparitions of "Mary, the Mother of Jesus" were serenely animate, moving from one side of the church roof to another, as if to provide a direct view to all the surrounding throng, from which many called to her to come their way. She often responded to the singing or chanting of the crowd, appearing to bow in acknowledgment, greeting and blessing. Sometimes she made gestures of prayer, or held out and waved what appeared to be an olive branch. At other times, thousands watched her radiant form, which was often aglow with bluish white light, as she held in her left arm what certainly appeared to be the baby Jesus. The Zeitoun apparitions seemed to affect all witnesses, including hundreds who were spontaneously healed. Many such cases have been documented by Dr. Shafik Abd El Malik, M.B., B.Ch., M.D., Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, who headed a commission of seven doctors to study the miraculous cures. [Note 63]

Source
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Wsdm: 6:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
gboss4sure:

We have studied islam with what we saw with our eyes, we didn't just hear it we have seen and experienced what islam can do to a nation. So what ever opinion we have about islam is due to the activities of islam in the world at large.
... And then will you attribute Christianity as been unclad, acute drunkenness and prostitution, eventhough it is not found in the bible because that is what we see everywhere around us? You bend to look at another persons's ' yansh' leaving your own widely open.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
deols:

The son part can never be logical. A man saving fellow man neither.

Say something better jorh grin

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." - 1 Corinthians 1:18
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by maclatunji: 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
Godjone: the muslim umah by way of fortitude, recognition, mature human isight and tolerance, have not since the inuaguration of this new pope, issue any statement in form of congratulatory massage. But here is my noble and peaceful pope calling for dialogue with them. What an examplary life! Papal Francis, may God guide you.

"We are hoping for better relations with the
Vatican after the election of the new pope,"
Mahmud Azab, adviser for inter-faith affairs at
Al-Azhar, Sunni Islam's highest seat of
learning in Cairo, told AFP. "We congratulate
the Church of St. Peter and all Catholics
around the world."

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/21/17390520-lets-start-over-muslims-hope-pope-francis-will-salvage-relations?lite

"Muslim leaders in indonesia have
congratulated the new pope on his election
and are hoping for increased cooperation with
the Catholic Church.

They say they have also prepared proposals
which could help boost Catholic relations with
Muslim groups within the country."

http://m.ucanindia.in/news/muslim-leaders-seek-closer-relations-with-pope-20536.html

Malawian Muslims Congratulate New Pope
http://malawimuslims.com/malawian-muslims-congratulate-new-pope/

Pope Francis' inauguration ceremony has been
underway in Rome. World leaders and religious dignitaries were among those attending.

An estimated 200,000 faithful attended the()
ceremony that lasted for two hours.
Delegations from 33 Christian Churches and
132 national governments or international
organizations, as well as Jewish, Muslim and Buddhist leaders were attending.

http://www.dw.de/hundreds-of-thousands-attend-inauguration-of-pope-francis/a-16682578
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
uplawal: Awon Musulumi tio ni itiju wo lo losi inauguration pope?only the hyocrite muslims who don't have an iota fear of Allah would be there,spit out angry

but you are not a christian. well you said the right thing. it is wrong and an abomination for one to worship mary or any other thing aside God that created heaven and earth. but unfortunately, you are not a christian, i wish you are anyway. but how can u be saved without Jesus as a muslim, where will you run into my friend. i feel so sorry. look at what is happening through out yhe world. this is what Jesus said that will precede His coming. my sister, you need Jesus.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by deols(f): 6:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
peteregwu: i dont even like the new pope. h is always looking forward to combining islam with christianity. its not possible. the same purpose his predecessors followed. this is unbiblical and uncalled. tis an abomination. what is business with muslims. pls can somebody tell me what is wrong with the pope. why did say muslims worship the true God. ths is just nonsense and deception. if you dont believe me, pls click to open below...just read and dont be deceived. theg are planning to form a one world religion. their aim is to make way for antichrist to come in and rule, which anyone who does not bow to the antichrist(satan) will be killed. you still dont believe me right? dont worry things will begin to unfold very soon. the blible says, " their is nothing hidden under the sun that will not be exposed."

http://christiannews.net/2013/03/21/pope-francis-meets-with-muslim-jewish-leaders-praises-atheists-as-precious-allies/

Muslims are worshipping the true God. The man is stylishly telling you the truth..better listen for ya own good.

I have talk my own.

Good night y'all smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Desmond Tutu Celebrates 60th Wedding Anniversary / 22 Things Christ Followers Should Totally Quit / More Fallacies & Scientific Inaccuracies In The Lying Koran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.