Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! - Jobs/Vacancies (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! (476810 Views)

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by bishop4APC: 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2013
idris4r83: Today is d 90th day after closure of registration and still counting.
Happy counting till jan 2014.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by FOF4u: 12:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
anikpegabriel: They have offered me a job in a pharmaceutical industry already and have been posted to makurdi branch.I tank God for that but if my name comes out on d DSSC list,I will quit d job with immediate effect.I tired of waiting ooo
quitting is not a good idea until ur name is enlisted for d training. Sucex 2u bro.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
na wa oooooo.chai man dey think ooooo list shaaaa
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Kevsman(m): 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2013
ladepete: grin We'll dance like this on POP day..IJN! grin
chaii, i love the moral of this soldiers
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
Kevsman: chaii, i love the moral of this soldiers
some pple are talking of peep.them neva c d list oooo not to talk of facing d selectn board
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by dmajesticjoe: 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
Kelklein: we re in serious trouble in this country...when MSc holder begin dig soldier job

I dont understand u. first, we're not intending soldiers but officers. secondly, apart from the fact that we're here for the sake of passion, can u comfortably name 5 jobs that Msc holders can take up and that are better than a career as an officer in the Nigerian military? you had better done more research about why we're here and mind u that most of us already have good jobs
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2013
dmajesticjoe:

I dont understand u. first, we're not intending soldiers but officers. secondly, apart from the fact that we're here for the sake of passion, can u comfortably name 5 jobs that Msc holders can take up and that are better than a career as an officer in the Nigerian military? you had better done more research about why we're here and mind u that most of us already have good jobs
Guy drop dat yarnings, there are hundreds of good jobs that are far far better than military job out there.

....No tell me say u dey compare miltary job to oil companies even communication companies, firs, stil counting.

....No be now people with no choice dey rush d job, who dey join military in the 80s and early 90s...4get passion, all na to make ends meat.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by tenderlaw(m): 6:56pm On Aug 17, 2013
xykms101: ....No be now people with no choice dey rush d job, who dey join military in the 80s and early 90s...4get passion, all na to make ends meat.
Well, by the grace of God I'm doing very well for myself right now. The whole military stuff is a PASSION, take it or leave it. I work in a place where I have a furnished 2-bedroom flat to myself, plus a handsome salary(even though it's not up to the oil companies you mentioned)and I'm sure others here are doing well too, although of course not everyone. However, one thing is common to MOST of us here, and that is PASSION. May God give us all our hearts' desires. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
Monday 19th.August 2013....wishing u all the.best

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
All this people that will just jump into this thread and be trying to insult us with style. Majority of us are not here cos of joblessness, we love the job. People like you don't really know anything about the military, Its far more than the men u see on khaki with rifles. You saw the title of this thread,must u eavedrop on us. You didn't apply,y u dey eye us.you have no biz here. Carry your msc to oil company and telecommunications na. and Leave us alone. This is what we chose. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by dmajesticjoe: 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2013
xykms101: Guy drop dat yarnings, there are hundreds of good jobs that are far far better than military job out there.

....No tell me say u dey compare miltary job to oil companies even communication companies, firs, stil counting.

....No be now people with no choice dey rush d job, who dey join military in the 80s and early 90s...4get passion, all na to make ends meat.

we consider alot of things when making choice of job. oil job is not the best, infact i cant exchange my current job for any oil job even though it might not pay as much as oil job. its not all about the money, have you considered job security? ask questions, even those in your so-called oil firms respect jobs with security no matter how small the pay is. i've beeen to the the Banking industry, i knew how people jealous me when i was leaving for my current job because according to them, its better to be sure of 1 naira per month than to be on a job when u cant predict what happens in the next minute, ladies suffer it most. My brother, think again, contrary to what the their guys believe, military job deserve the best brain, their job condition is very good and i dont think much Msc holders and even PhD holders earn better than them. for instance, since pay is ur interest, it may interest u to know that a lieutenant colonel earn better than a professor, lets not talk of benefits attached to appointments that goes with the rank of lt. col.I can keep talking about this till 2morow cos i've got fact even b4 i applied but lets keep it here for now.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
dmajesticjoe:

we consider alot of things when making choice of job. oil job is not the best, infact i cant exchange my current job for any oil job even though it might not pay as much as oil job. its not all about the money, have you considered job security? ask questions, even those in your so-called oil firms respect jobs with security no matter how small the pay is. i've beeen to the the Banking industry, i knew how people jealous me when i was leaving for my current job because according to them, its better to be sure of 1 naira per month than to be on a job when u cant predict what happens in the next minute, ladies suffer it most. My brother, think again, contrary to what the their guys believe, military job deserve the best brain, their job condition is very good and i dont think much Msc holders and even PhD holders earn better than them. for instance, since pay is ur interest, it may interest u to know that a lieutenant colonel earn better than a professor, lets not talk of benefits attached to appointments that goes with the rank of lt. col.I can keep talking about this till 2morow cos i've got fact even b4 i applied but lets keep it here for now.
Gbam! God bless you. I was tired to explain further like this. Hence I just said many people no nothing about the military. You don talk am finish.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2013
kwajay1: Monday 19th.August 2013....wishing u all the.best
Spell" kwajay1 is a malu" ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Kemiawo2004(f): 10:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
chei ! emma hope u ar not trying 2 speak in tongues in the house oh!
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by siina(m): 7:21am On Aug 18, 2013
xykms101: Guy drop dat yarnings, there are hundreds of good jobs that are far far better than military job out there.

guy let me correct ur impression,it is only the army that doesn't pay w£ll and that is mostly because of corruption, a sub leutenant(leutenant equivalent in the army) collects 285k per month which competes w£ll with most jobs U mentioned but i prays the army too have a change of heart.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Madawaki01(m): 7:36am On Aug 18, 2013
siina: guy let me correct ur impression,it is only the army that doesn't pay w£ll and that is mostly because of corruption, a sub leutenant(leutenant equivalent in the army) collects 285k per month which competes w£ll with most jobs U mentioned but i prays the army too have a change of heart.
lwkmd
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by adekanmbi1986(m): 7:45am On Aug 18, 2013
[quote
author=xykms101]

No be now people with no choice dey rush d job, who dey join
military in the 80s and early 90s...4get passion, all na to make ends
meat.[/quote]

I can see that u are empty headed.U are refering to 80s and 90s; how old were u then ? If I have passion for it and am old enough to apply in the 80s, I would 've done that before now.So, don't relate passion with the 80s, they are two parallel line.Are u telling there are nobody in the military that joined in the 80s becus of their passion for it ?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by adekanmbi1986(m): 7:53am On Aug 18, 2013
[quote
author=xykms101]Guy drop dat yarnings, there are hundreds of good jobs
that are far far better than military job out there.

....No tell me say u dey compare miltary job to oil companies even
communication companies, firs, stil counting.

....No be now people with no choice dey rush d job, who dey join
military in the 80s and early 90s...4get passion, all na to make ends
meat.[/quote]

So, Rear Admiral Itunu Hotonu(the only female two star general in the Armed Forces as at today) joined in the 80s just to make ends meet ?

Rtd. Major General Aderonke Kale (the first female two star general) also joined in the 80s to make ends meet..

Its better u go back to ur drawing board and always think before u talk.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by dmajesticjoe: 7:54am On Aug 18, 2013
Madawaki01: lwkmd
Yes, 285k per month should be correct for lieutenant because I knw very well that 2nd lieutenant earn 215k and above. Its true, u can confirm
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by SailorXY: 8:07am On Aug 18, 2013
So many people dey jonz on this thread. For those feeling like they are superior to a military applicant, I just dey laugh grin grin grin some has inherited family businesses to run & can be commissioned lieutenants as well as CEOs somewhere. If your own ends no dey meet well, keep it to yourself & don't generalize it in public brothers... Besides, it not as if we are applying to be terrorists undecided
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by SailorXY: 8:09am On Aug 18, 2013
Kelklein: we re in serious trouble in this country...when MSc holder begin dig soldier job
SMH undecided
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by clemzo101(m): 8:50am On Aug 18, 2013
SOme people will just come to the thread and start talking paparazzi, if u are hunngry and jobless must u generalize it? A friend of mine left a govt agency job where he was earning 350k for the Nigerian army job, as a liutenant he knows how influential he has bcom now and how he has saved his friends and family from oppression. Money is not everything ooo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 18, 2013

i think 'almajiri' with all his controversies addressed his issue succinctly: more money, power and influence.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 18, 2013
We pretend alot, u cant use yourself nd generalise. a sizeable number of those applying for NA r ACTUALLY JOBLESS. this however is not limited to NA , remember Dangote executive driver? after all we r in nigeria whr rate of unemployment is high. yes a FEW hv passion for the job nd r ready to trade ANYTHING for it bt majority is due to lack of ALTERNATIVE. for me it is PASSION MORE MONEY POWER and INFLUENCE

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by 9izguy(m): 9:43am On Aug 18, 2013

Bro, passion is the key aim of joining Army & not just the money & influence...it is a self made choice & not for those with no choice or forced by someone else... There are more to Army than many of us think. So if you got not the passion, i advice you make your career somewhere else before you regret it.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by anienwe(m): 9:44am On Aug 18, 2013
clemzo101: SOme people will just come to the thread and start talking paparazzi, if u are hunngry and jobless must u generalize it? A friend of mine left a govt agency job where he was earning 350k for the Nigerian army job, as a liutenant he knows how influential he has bcom now and how he has saved his friends and family from oppression. Money is not everything ooo.
My brother, you guys have said it all. From inception, military jobs had always been compectitive. Any Barrack boys in house? Or people with military ties in d house? Dey wil comfirm dis. I started pursuing military career (NDA) in d early 90s, and DSSC in d Mid 2000. So I know what I am talking. Infact, I remembered sometimes ago, one of our bank customers who was a senior lawyer den (He is not less dan 60 interms of age) told me he made attempts to join d army in his time but he was not selected. Even my pastor who work with Chevron presently, when I met him for prayers concerning my army ambition, he told me he had tried it too. This pastor should be in his late 50s or early 60s. What are we not saying? My bros (Army Brig Gen) always tell me: U CAN BUILD ANY CAREER IN D ARMY. Although, d number of army applicants had increased recently, am not disputing dat fact. Maybe, I will attribute it to recently improved renumeration in d army. I remebered 5 years ago when I took my DSSC form to a (army Col)for signing and assistance, the Col asked me: as a Banker, how much was I earning? I told him. Then he showed me his pay slip. As at den he earns 200,000 monthly or thereabout. He told me to my face dat I earned more than him dat what am I looking for in d army. I TOLD HIM I HAVE PASSION FOR THE JOB. Its all about passion but not d pay. Dose chasing d army for d sake of pay should better give way for people who have passion for d job o. LOL. Happy sunday all NL and God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 18, 2013
why do ppl kept comparing salaries? do ppl in government make money out of their salaries? why do ALL of us admit to corruption in the NA? is it the PASSION that brought the corruption? pls let barrack boys on this thread respond to these questns so that those of us who do not knw military job wil b better informed.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by FOF4u: 10:31am On Aug 18, 2013
anienwe: My brother, you guys have said it all. From inception, military jobs had always been compectitive. Any Barrack boys in house? Or people with military ties in d house? Dey wil comfirm dis. I started pursuing military career (NDA) in d early 90s, and DSSC in d Mid 2000. So I know what I am talking. Infact, I remembered sometimes ago, one of our bank customers who was a senior lawyer den (He is not less dan 60 interms of age) told me he made attempts to join d army in his time but he was not selected. Even my pastor who work with Chevron presently, when I met him for prayers concerning my army ambition, he told me he had tried it too. This pastor should be in his late 50s or early 60s. What are we not saying? My bros (Army Brig Gen) always tell me: U CAN BUILD ANY CAREER IN D ARMY. Although, d number of army applicants had increased recently, am not disputing dat fact. Maybe, I will attribute it to recently improved renumeration in d army. I remebered 5 years ago when I took my DSSC form to a (army Col)for signing and assistance, the Col asked me: as a Banker, how much was I earning? I told him. Then he showed me his pay slip. As at den he earns 200,000 monthly or thereabout. He told me to my face dat I earned more than him dat what am I looking for in d army. I TOLD HIM I HAVE PASSION FOR THE JOB. Its all about passion but not d pay. Dose chasing d army for d sake of pay should better give way for people who have passion for d job o. LOL. Happy sunday all NL and God bless us all.
Nice one.....its well by his grace we will get there. Hpy sunday 2u 2.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by FOF4u: 10:34am On Aug 18, 2013
joker5180: why do ppl kept comparing salaries? do ppl in government make money out of their salaries? why do ALL of us admit to corruption in the NA? is it the PASSION that brought the corruption? pls let barrack boys on this thread respond to these questns so that those of us who do not knw military job wil b better informed.
oya wia all d barrack boys make una talk ooooo
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by dmajesticjoe: 11:57am On Aug 18, 2013
anienwe: My brother, you guys have said it all. From inception, military jobs had always been compectitive. Any Barrack boys in house? Or people with military ties in d house? Dey wil comfirm dis. I started pursuing military career (NDA) in d early 90s, and DSSC in d Mid 2000. So I know what I am talking. Infact, I remembered sometimes ago, one of our bank customers who was a senior lawyer den (He is not less dan 60 interms of age) told me he made attempts to join d army in his time but he was not selected. Even my pastor who work with Chevron presently, when I met him for prayers concerning my army ambition, he told me he had tried it too. This pastor should be in his late 50s or early 60s. What are we not saying? My bros (Army Brig Gen) always tell me: U CAN BUILD ANY CAREER IN D ARMY. Although, d number of army applicants had increased recently, am not disputing dat fact. Maybe, I will attribute it to recently improved renumeration in d army. I remebered 5 years ago when I took my DSSC form to a (army Col)for signing and assistance, the Col asked me: as a Banker, how much was I earning? I told him. Then he showed me his pay slip. As at den he earns 200,000 monthly or thereabout. He told me to my face dat I earned more than him dat what am I looking for in d army. I TOLD HIM I HAVE PASSION FOR THE JOB. Its all about passion but not d pay. Dose chasing d army for d sake of pay should better give way for people who have passion for d job o. LOL. Happy sunday all NL and God bless us all.
Little update 2 ur info which is obviously old. I've seen d new harmonizes Armed forces condition of service, a lieutenant colonel earn abt 280k as basic salary and their monthly allowances should be above 100% of their basic pay, dat will place a lieutenant colonel on abt 600k take home per month currently. There are also some allowaces they are entitled to that are not monthly, example is furniture allowance plus others. The condition of service is now good and its also good we knw that so that our passion will be complete. Its also important to point out that the money may not worth d sacrifies expecially for those going to the combat session, if u're here because of the money, please, u can make urself a beautiful career elsewhere. Happy sunday all
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by ayodeji86: 11:58am On Aug 18, 2013
9izguy:

Bro, passion is the key aim of joining Army & not just the money & influence...it is a self made choice & not for those with no choice or forced by someone else... There are more to Army than many of us think. So if you got not the passion, i advice you make your career somewhere else before you regret it.
If its all abt d passion,y nt jettison ur degree cert and start as a recruit?ma guy d money is part of d motivation o.don't come on here and talk tell me it is only abt d passion.wat abt d power and money?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Uziehot(m): 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
FOF4u: oya wia all d barrack boys make una talk ooooo
i love d way d informatns are shared in d house. I'm a barrack boy,my dad is a serving personel in one of d barracks under d presidency(which is guards bridgade). 4 d sake of d passion 4 d job,we shudn't bother abt dea salaries. while 4 allowances,it depends on ur area of duty. A serving officer in guards bridgade doen't recieves d same allowance wit d 1s in maiduguri,bayelsa or ph due 2 dea duty base. Dea are sum duty base whr an officer recieves #500k,#250k,#200k &#150k as allowance respectively. Dis info covers my area alone whc is guards bridgade only.. I'm open 2 any questn. Pray hard.God is d only Godfather.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (203) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Recruitment For Graduate Trainee 2017 (Bsc And HND Only) / Diamond Bank Test / The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.