Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:45 AM

Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! - Jobs/Vacancies (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! (484059 Views)

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2013
Na so the army easy to enter? I didn't know army has turned an option for joblessness...if its cos of joblessness; army will be my last option. They are just talking as if the army is something you just walk into. 5 per state o. My lips are sealed.
@silna..sublieutenant 285k? That's like lt col salary o. I want to assume he his probably a medical doctor as a sub lt. Even if na dr sef, dnt think the diff is that much.Airforce/navy/army have the same salary structure. There is nothing like a lieutenant earns 185k in army, and a sub lt earns 285k in navy or flying officer in airforce.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2013
Passion my azz!...where was your passion before acquiring a degree or msc for yourself ? Ok! Let's assume that few of you here applied to NDA before university education and it didn't work out,why didn't you apply for regular intake instead of going to universty if it base on passion?

...And for those of you saying rubbish about forfeiting a well paid job for military job,that's a beautiful lie. A right thinking person who has a reasonable job that attracts nothing less than 250k would never think of leaving for military job where you will have no free will, where death and dissabilities are guaranteed, where you are no longer an imdividual, where people will tell you what to do, when to do it and by the law you must comply, wher you can't just find another job and quit, wher you will have to put your life on the line on a daily basis....taaaarh! Come off it.

..If truly you have a strong passion for the job, why struggling to be an officer. Choi! Everybody wants to command troupe and keep hiding their heads. Liars

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by dmajesticjoe: 1:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
Uziehot: i love d way d informatns are shared in d house. I'm a barrack boy,my dad is a serving personel in one of d barracks under d presidency(which is guards bridgade). 4 d sake of d passion 4 d job,we shudn't bother abt dea salaries. while 4 allowances,it depends on ur area of duty. A serving officer in guards bridgade doen't recieves d same allowance wit d 1s in maiduguri,bayelsa or ph due 2 dea duty base. Dea are sum duty base whr an officer recieves #500k,#250k,#200k &#150k as allowance respectively. Dis info covers my area alone whc is guards bridgade only.. I'm open 2 any questn. Pray hard.God is d only Godfather.
Barack Boy tnx 4d info bt can u be abit specific cos officers are personels of rank from 2nd lieutenant to field marshal so which one are u talking abt and what is their basic from ur source.tnx
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 1:05pm On Aug 18, 2013
ayodeji86:
If its all abt d passion,y nt jettison ur degree cert and start as a recruit?ma guy d money is part of d motivation o.don't come on here and talk tell me it is only abt d passion.wat abt d power and money?
You dey mind them?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
ladepete: Na so the army easy to enter? I didn't know army has turned an option for joblessness...if its cos of joblessness; army will be my last option. They are just talking as if the army is something you just walk into. 5 per state o. My lips are sealed.
@silna..sublieutenant 285k? That's like lt col salary o. I want to assume he his probably a medical doctor as a sub lt. Even if na dr sef, dnt think the diff is that much.Airforce/navy/army have the same salary structure. There is nothing like a lieutenant earns 185k in army, and a sub lt earns 285k in navy or flying officer in airforce.
Most of you guyz don't know jerk about military...a col in the army earns nothing less than 600k per month.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
So assuming I have always wanted to work in the government as a civil servant (afterall money dey there too) I shouldn't go to sch and pursue the best to start from a reasonable level. I should ignore sch and be a highway cleaner (they are civil servants too). If someone has passion for something, does that mean one shouldn't think of money too? Cos u have passion for something does not mean u limit ursef and go for lower options, when there is something bigger right in the same settings. Soldier and officer, are both military. I have passion for it does not mean I should down grade myself as a graduate, and opt to be soldier rather than an officer. Passion is not STUPIDITY! Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 1:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
ladepete: So assuming I have always wanted to work in the government as a civil servant (afterall money dey there too) I shouldn't go to sch and pursue the best to start from a reasonable level. I should ignore sch and be a highway cleaner (they are civil servants too). If someone has passion for something, does that mean one shouldn't think of money too? Cos u have passion for something does not mean u limit ursef and go for lower options, when there is something bigger right in the same settings. Soldier and officer, are both military. I have passion for it does not mean I should down grade myself as a graduate, and opt to be soldier rather than an officer. Passion is not STUPIDITY! Thanks
See african reasoning.

A passion is Intense, tireless concentration (focus) on a belief that a task can be completed despite scarcity of human/financial support or any other evidence or argument that would normally compel one's mind to accept an assertion that a particular task is worth doing
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
xykms101: Most of you guyz don't know jerk about military...a col in the army earns nothing less than 600k per month.
Which army? Stop arguing what you don't know. This is the lastest as at july 2010 review of the Consolidated Armed Forces Salary Structure approved by the president federal republic of Nigeria

Salary Structure Of Top Military Officers

Lt-Col/Wing Commander/Navy Commander N3,380,086 p.a.

Colonel/Group Captain/Navy Captain N3,715,859 p.a.

Brigadier Gen/Air Commodore/Navy Commodore N7,385,856 p.a.

Maj-Gen/Air Vice Marshal/Rear Admiral N12,038,945 p.a.

Lt-Gen/Air Marshal/Vice Admiral receives N13,363,229.00 p.a.

Generals N16,303,140.00 p.a.

How is colonel earning up to 600k. Who knows nothing now?

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201303240069.html/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2013
xykms101: See african reasoning.

A passion is Intense, tireless concentration (focus) on a belief that a task can be completed despite scarcity of human/financial support or any other evidence or argument that would normally compel one's mind to accept an assertion that a particular task is worth doing

Are you from europe, america, asia or ....
Where are u from?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
ladepete:
Which army? Stop arguing what you don't know. This is the lastest as at july 2010 review of the Consolidated Armed Forces Salary Structure approved by the president federal republic of Nigeria

2010?....where were you when uncle jona sky rocket their salary?

A private in the army earns nothing less than 70k now... 2lt about 160k.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by dmajesticjoe: 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2013
ladepete:

Calm down man and see ur mistake, we've all seen this, what u have here are basic salaries, if u add their monthly allowances which are percentages of the basic, u'll get something more than 600k for a colonel because am sure the allowances combined should be more than 100% of d basic.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
ladepete: Na so the army easy to enter? I didn't know army has turned an option for joblessness...if its cos of joblessness; army will be my last option. They are just talking as if the army is something you just walk into. 5 per state o. My lips are sealed.
i reserved my comment when i saw those figures, tank God u raise the issue so that ppl will not go thinking their salary is 215k as a lieutenant
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
@ Uziehot. There is difference b/w salary and allowances and we also have appointed officers and floating officers. There are benefits attached to an officer holding an appointment but salaries are the same in the armed force. Doctors, pilots, and special forces have special allowances and that's where the money is. You are paid the salary of ur rank, then allowances as a doctor. Let's sat 185k for lieutenant..then u paid extra 100k for being a medical doctor. That makes ur take home 285k. Meanwhile, another lieutenant is taking home just 185k. The figures I gace are assumptiones, just to make myself clear.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 1:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
Passion or no passion. The first thing to think as an African man when searching for a job is the security, followed by pay ( ego, owó, kudi). Every man get passion inside am. So make we no lie and allow that be our problem. Even if you no get passion to kill, when you see boko haram member they come you go get am by force. Like I said, job security, money then your drive and aim in addition to your passion. Abi you no know sey money fit ginger you up and bring out the passion in you?
Even bible talk am sey, it is not göod to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
dmajesticjoe:
Calm down man and see ur mistake, we've all seen this, what u have here are basic salaries, if u add their monthly allowances which are percentages of the basic, u'll get something more than 600k for a colonel because am sure the allowances combined should be more than 100% of d basic.
Excuse me the bone of contention here was salary and not allowanaces. You can not generalise about that, when not all officers of a particular rank have the same allowances. I have made myself clear about that too. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by anienwe(m): 1:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
PASSION OR NO PASSION/JOBLESSNES OR NO JOBLESSNESS: Everyone to its opinion! I know dat 'there are general opinion' which are generally acceptable and fair to ones hearing. 1. Everybody can't be officers/commander. Also everybody can't be soldiers. 2. Why should I apply for RRI when I already have degrees or whem am a professional? It does not make sense. RRI is for O'Level etc and not for degree holders. Passion or no passion. 3. A lot of people have well paid jobs yet stil aspire for military career. I am a living example. I know there are a lot more people who are in my shoe too. Please let's be informed and quided, as everyone who aspire to become army officer here are not jobless. Some of us here hold PHD offers of top 5 UK universities and in d Nigerian Univerties and our army career can not stop us from acheiving it. Even if we are jobless, it does not mean we should not have a class. Joblessenes or not, let's encourage our selves.let's try to do away with contributions that will not encourage d spirit of a fellow NLs in dis thread. We wil all get there in Jesus.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by fetok: 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hey!
To all that has passion for military{liars} and to all that doesnt.
Am not here to scare off anyone in the house but to keep us abreast of little things we might meet in the service.
Military is the work full of challenges,an average personnels ll say ''had i know'' at a point during his service years.
¤Being a military man,you are bond by both civil law and military law,civilians are bond with only civil law.
¤probability of staying with your family all through is zero.
¤military Man do serve God,but at a reduced chance and time.
¤Your life is based on only the so called salary beein paid to you,it's very hard for you to run other businesses alongside your job.
¤Hmmm,your only right in military is your salary,every other things are priviledges that can be withdrawn.
May God us through,i rest my fucking case.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
xykms101: 2010?....where were you when uncle jona sky rocket their salary?

A private in the army earns nothing less than 70k now... 2lt about 160k.
Jesus christ..when was this? Provide a link. Stop giving false info plz.get ur facts right b4 posting.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
fetok: Hey!
To all that has passion for military{liars} and to all that doesnt.
Am not here to scare off anyone in the house but to keep us abreast of little things we might meet in the service.
Military is the work full of challenges,an average personnels ll say ''had i know'' at a point during his service years.
¤Being a military man,you are bond by both civil law and military law,civilians are bond with only civil law.
¤probability of staying with your family all through is zero.
¤military Man do serve God,but at a reduced chance and time.
¤Your life is based on only the so called salary beein paid to you,it's very hard for you to run other businesses alongside your job.
¤Hmmm,your only right in military is your salary,every other things are priviledges that can be withdrawn.
May God us through,i rest my fucking case.
What is your point? We knew all this before we started applying for the job. Every job has its challenges. Thank you!
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
anienwe: PASSION OR NO PASSION/JOBLESSNES OR NO JOBLESSNESS: Everyone to its opinion! I know dat 'there are general opinion' which are generally acceptable and fair to ones hearing. 1. Everybody can't be officers/commander. Also everybody can't be soldiers. 2. Why should I apply for RRI when I already have degrees or whem am a professional? It does not make sense. RRI is for O'Level etc and not for degree holders. Passion or no passion. 3. A lot of people have well paid jobs yet stil aspire for military career. I am a living example. I know there are a lot more people who are in my shoe too. Please let's be informed and quided, as everyone who aspire to become army officer here are not jobless. Some of us here hold PHD offers of top 5 UK universities and in d Nigerian Univerties and our army career can not stop us from acheiving it. Even if we are jobless, it does not mean we should not have a class. Joblessenes or not, let's encourage our selves.let's try to do away with contributions that will not encourage d spirit of a fellow NLs in dis thread. We wil all get there in Jesus.
Did i hear you say phd from the Uk unis?...this airhead must be a clown.

...I don't think you even have any lowest paying job....a well paid employee would prefer to settle down and plan for the future to walking into an isolation world.

Do you ever know the meaning of a well paid job?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by henchyk(m): 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
It all boils down to doing whatever you can do to put food on your table. I don't see anything wrong with someone going for a military job solely because he is jobless or there isn't any other option. This country is not smiling with anybody so please allow people to do what they have to do to find food. Yes food. Everything boils down to food. We work because we have to eat.... Now forgive my joke, but seriously, there is nothing wrong with aspiring to become an army officer just because you don't have any other choice. It's a sad country we are in, and the last time I checked, unemployment rate was 48%. 48% my brothers, so it has gotten a little redundant to insult a fellow Nigerian for his joblessness. It's kindda out of his hands now.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
ladepete:

good job man! this is their total annual BASIC SALARY. it exclude ALLOWANCES, and DEDUCTIONS (pension, tax and any other deductions applicable to them) . the ONLY way to knw someone's salary is to look at his PAYSLIP. i.dnt believe those qouting 600k for lt. col nd 285k for sub lt.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
henchyk: It all boils down to doing whatever you can do to put food on your table. I don't see anything wrong with someone going for a military job solely because he is jobless or there isn't any other option. This country is not smiling with anybody so please allow people to do what they have to do to find food. Yes food. Everything boils down to food. We work because we have to eat.... Now forgive my joke, but seriously, there is nothing wrong with aspiring to become an army officer just because you don't have any other choice. It's a sad country we are in, and the last time I checked, unemployment rate was 48%. 48% my brothers, so it has gotten a little redundant to insult a fellow Nigerian for his joblessness. It's kindda out of his hands now.
Don't mind the hypocrites.

...Nigerian definition of passion is to make an ends meat...nobody is ready to work or settle for less...if ASUU could be fighting for 82billion naira and put a halt to classrooms then tell me the meaning of passion.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
dmajesticjoe:
allowances r calculated individually not collectively and remember after adding allowances u get GROSS SALARY, then DEDUCTIONS follow - pension, tax and any other deduction applicable to them. the difference is their NET SALARY (take home). u can only hv an idea frm above figures not their take home, u need their PAY SLIP to be sure. mark u salary is a top secret of any public servant hardly do ppl disclose their exact salary even to close associates
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
joker5180: good job man! this is their total annual BASIC SALARY. it exclude ALLOWANCES, and DEDUCTIONS (pension, tax and any other deductions applicable to them) . the ONLY way to knw someone's salary is to look at his PAYSLIP. i.dnt believe those qouting 600k for lt. col nd 285k for sub lt.
stale news! Their salary has been reviewed.

http://www.africanmanager.com/site_eng/detail_article.php?art_id=17013
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by anienwe(m): 2:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
xykms101: Did i hear you say phd from the Uk unis?...this airhead must be a clown.

...I don't think you even have any lowest paying job....a well paid employee would prefer to settle down and plan for the future to walking into an isolation world.

Do you ever know the meaning of a well paid job?
Bros I beg give me one least paying jobs as I no get any one. By d grace of God, people who know me one on one on dis forum wil tell you more about me. Pride asside. As for PHD offer in UK UNI, I was just trying to make a reference. But if u insist, I might be pushed to post my PHD offfer in a top 5 UK University on this forum. I Don't have to talk too much sha.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
anienwe: Bros I beg give me one least paying jobs as I no get any one. By d grace of God, people who know me one on one on dis forum wil tell you more about me. Pride asside. As for PHD offer in UK UNI, I was just trying to make a reference. But if u insist, I might be pushed to post my PHD offfer in a top 5 UK University on this forum. I Don't have to talk too much sha.
Shut da phuck bragger.

...Securing an ordinary admission in the uk has turned to an achievement for you.
Local bigot, who sabi you here?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by siina(m): 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
na fact i dey tell U bro,navy earns better

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by siina(m): 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
ladepete:
Jesus christ..when was this? Provide a link. Stop giving false info plz.get ur facts right b4 posting.
army uses HTACOS now
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
siina: na fact i dey tell U bro,navy earns better
How did navy earn better than NA? Pls tell us the criteria.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
xykms101: stale news! Their salary has been reviewed.

http://www.africanmanager.com/site_eng/detail_article.php?art_id=17013
Ordered a review,Does that mean salary increment. After it has been reviewed by the body in charge, will it not be summitted and approved by the president before there can be any increament?
Please read to understand.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by anienwe(m): 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
xykms101: Shut da phuck bragger.

...Securing an ordinary admission in the uk has turned to an achievement for you.
Local bigot, who sabi you here?
Sorry sir, thank u sir for d names. For our own good let's try to work on d way we address people. Dis applies to both dose u know and dose u don't know cos whoever can tell. I want to believe dat d original intention of this forum or thread is not to call people names or to run people down. Who am I to brag? I will never, I mean never do dat. Even if I have it all, I will never! Dats d reason why some people on dis forum with useful and genuine info concernin d shortlist wil decide to hold infos to dem selves so as to avoid being called names and getting insults. God wil help us all as we wait for d list.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (203) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Recruitment For Graduate Trainee 2017 (Bsc And HND Only) / Diamond Bank Test / The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.