Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,134 members, 7,867,282 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:24 PM

Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? (41940 Views)

Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed / Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe / What Did Goodluck Actually Do In Bayelsa State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by 7842I: 10:56am On Mar 24, 2013
Madawaki01: Many igbos including ashebe ar stil bitter about how Awo deafeated them without firing a single shot himself,just leave them,let them continue their ranting about Awo...all we are asking is this..how did achebe contribute to d development of Nigeria...by sittin in a mansion at The US and pointin at how Nigeria is a failed state?he didn't even use his writin skills to fight he rather used it to promote hate.
REST IN PIECES ashebe

Achebe has a right to be bitter, bitter about Yoruba people who stopped Biafra and thus created this failed entity called Nigeria. He has been vindicated, we are left here to suffer for our failure to take the opportunity offered by Biafra to split from blood thirsty demons from the north, but we shall all suffer the consequences here.

Boko Haram is punishing us for not taking Ojukwu's opportunity in 1967grin

I heard they are massing around to attack Lagos? Good morning this evening Awolowo grin

3 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by ACM10: 10:56am On Mar 24, 2013
Who wrote "Chike and the River"?
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by ukenchi: 10:56am On Mar 24, 2013
Most of you nairalanders often bring up topics that are meaningless,in so far as i won't direct words at any one,it is also pertinent that i point out that,its not enough for one to abuse the dead,while Achebe was alive topics like this should have been brought to the burners.But its absurd that people can actually say all the bad things they have been saying about a man whose books meant a lot to all.you see books no matter how bad they are can serve so many purposes,like addressing the ills in thesociety,redirecting peoples minds to the need why somethings like corruption have to stop for the good of all we have collectively fought for.Achebes book i mean the last one was written to constructively guide our judgements and value and make us have a better understanding of events past,the reasons and the events that culminated to form such things.

1 Like

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by aryzgreat: 10:57am On Mar 24, 2013
django1:

Let me ask you a question bro, how would feel if one day soyinka writes a book indicting azikwe of double standards and nepotism! Will you still like him?

A lot of you can't help to see things from other peoples perspective, everything you guys are harping on are well understood, but you fail to realise that the yorubas that chinua denigrated are humans too.

When u write read b4 u post, is Awolowo = yoruba race? Do u know dat OBJ called Ojukwu "Rebel" in his book, "My command" so i should say Obj called igbos Rebel? Awolowo was power hungry and did all he did to win d war against d biafrans bc of his personal gain but Karma dissapointed him, He didnt get d power till he died. Call black clack

3 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by nduchucks: 11:02am On Mar 24, 2013
double post
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Bobandgreat: 11:02am On Mar 24, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
django1:

Let me ask you a question bro, how would feel if one day soyinka writes a book indicting azikwe of double standards and nepotism! Will you still like him?

A lot of you can't help to see things from other peoples perspective, everything you guys are harping on are well understood, but you fail to realise that the yorubas that chinua denigrated are humans too.

@django, u don't get it. You are still looking at the book from a bigoted point of view. The man wrote his own account of the book which turns out to be the truth. Did Awo not propose starvation for biafra? Did he not bring the 20pounds policy? Whatever may be ur reasons for him doing these things, the fact remains that he did them. It would have been more dignifying to innocent women and children that lost their lives due to Awos policies if u lot could argue on the line that yes we know he did these things but let's forgive and forget. Like that, we could begin a new healing process. U can't defend a genocide instigator against the receipients of this genocide. Its like trying to explain to the jews y Germany supported Hitler during the genocide on the Jews. They will never buy that.

2 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Boss13: 11:02am On Mar 24, 2013
aryzgreat:

When u write read b4 u post, is Awolowo = yoruba race? Do u know dat OBJ called Ojukwu "Rebel" in his book, "My command" so i should say Obj called igbos Rebel? Awolowo was power hungry and did all he did to win d war against d biafrans bc of his personal gain but Karma dissapointed him, He didnt get d power till he died. Call black clack

God sees the heart of men and never allowed Awolowo to become president. I wonder what would have happened. Thank you God.

2 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 24, 2013
What a load of rubbish!
Achebe like many of us African, is a man to whom a Nationality was foisted on. Unlike many of us he has grown to become a world National. An ethnic agenda throwing stones at his personality is like scratching the Mother Earth with stick. Even a mine can only make a scratch that heals all the same.

Yorubas should recognise that Achebe is beyond local politics where you use the media to becloud the minds of the unfortunate, or tell the rest of the world the lies you want them to hear! The man is just too big for your Nigerian Wrestling match.

8 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 24, 2013
Achebe never claimed to tell the truth about awolowo like some ibos on here will want us to believe, here is what he said:
“It is my impression that Awolowo was driven by an overriding ambition for power, for himself and for his Yoruba people. There is, on the surface at least, nothing wrong with those aspirations.

“However, Awolowo saw the dominant Igbo at the time as the obstacles to that goal, and when the opportunity arose – the Nigeria-Biafra War – his ambition drove him into a frenzy to go to every length to achieve his dreams.

“In the Biafran case, it meant hatching up a diabolical policy to reduce the numbers of his enemies significantly through starvation – eliminating over two million people, mainly members of future generations.”

He was a very crafty man, he knew quiet well people will respect whatever he says and take it as factual whereas all he said there was subjective and unverifiable, for that I say he deserves the term BIGOT, but he's still a great writer nonetheless and wherever they read the book "things fall apart" he likes it or not the country NIGERIA will also be mentioned.

The message in that excerpt is very clear, he believes the ibos are superior to the yorubas and they(yorubas) saw the ibos as a stumbling block to their progress hence the need to kill them off in a war! Please can someone tell me that isn't ridiculous?
The outside world may not be aware of that part of the man prof chinua achebe, but we know.

6 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by MrGlobe(m): 11:05am On Mar 24, 2013
abdul23: Wats all dis hate on Achebe! Well,he is an icon and i learnt so much from him.He says wat he believe was d truth dats y it is called a memoir.If you dont believe him write ur own memoir and then we compare.He did far more than those corrupt animals parading themselves as politicians and elites that are bent on taking dis country back to stone age.ACHEBE U ARE A HERO AND TRUE NIGERIAN WOULD KNOW WAT U STAND FOR without any hatred and prejudice.RIP SIR
Nice one ABDUL. we know the animals
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by nduchucks: 11:08am On Mar 24, 2013
As long as our brothers/sisters from the SW and SE cannot find common ground in anything, Nigeria will continue to be ruled by our brothers/sisters from "you know which" section of the country, one way or the other.

Its a shame that these two groups are too hateful and bigoted to understand the damage they are doing to themselves and future generations of their people.

My recommendation to you stressful SW people is to put ofe mmanu (oil based soup) on rice today and invite at least 1 stressed out person from the SE to join in the feast. If I'm invited to any of the said rice eating dinners make sure you nyamiri (give me water) to wash it down. cool

2 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 24, 2013
aryzgreat:

Read my later post and you'll understand the angle from where it affects the whole race.
And let's get something straight, if you attack the head you attack the whole body. Maybe it doesn't work that way in iboland, but it does in yoruba land.
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by MrGlobe(m): 11:09am On Mar 24, 2013
KenGali: What a load of rubbish!
Achebe like many of us African, is a man to whom a Nationality was foisted on. Unlike many of us he has grown to become a world National. An ethnic agenda throwing stones at his personality is like scratching the Mother Earth with stick. Even a mine can only make a scratch that heals all the same.

Yorubas should recognise that Achebe is beyond local politics where you use the media to becloud the minds of the unfortunate, or tells the rest of the world the lies you want them to hear! The man is just too big for your Nigerian Wrestling match.
Behold I spotted the best comment in this whole thread cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 24, 2013
alj harem:

Emotions Emotion.

Ok,

1, Was Fela a politician ?

2. Is Soyinka a politician ?

3. Is Bill Gate a politician ?

etc

My brother think without EMOTIONS here

Apart from cultism what did Soyinka contribute to NATIONAL development?

Apart from making weed seem cool to youths, what did Fela contribute to NATIONAL development?

Answer these questions and you have the answer to Chinua Achebe's contribution!

6 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by nakoks(m): 11:10am On Mar 24, 2013
The summation of all you have written stems up from beef.The yorubas have always been envious of the Ibo man for his resourcefulness and doggedness.The ibo man is bold and fearless and what you cannot ever become you criticize and run down. Sanusi has said it,i have read it and i believe it"Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria".Continue beefing the ibos.

3 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Boss13: 11:16am On Mar 24, 2013
django1:
Read my later post and you'll understand the angle from where it affects the whole race.
And let's get something straight, if you attack the head you attack the whole body. Maybe it doesn't work that way in iboland, but it does in yoruba land.

If the head is wicked, what makes the whole body. Yes the Igbo race is never like that, they do not carry a stupid head. Many igbos will never forgive Ojukwu on the role he played in the war. It was a war fueled by personal ambition and instigated by power drunks. It could have been avoided. I don't hate Awolowo because he was Yoruba, I hate him because of what he did - killing innocent people. I don't care about the N20 policy. I will never allow tribalism becloud my judgement and turn me to a stupid fellow. If you feel happy about what Awolowo did, then that makes you too a wicked tribal fellow.

4 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 24, 2013
To my Igbo Brothers!
In my heart I weep not for what the lily-livered will do to Achebe in death, that they could not do to him in life.

But the great ones are going! They are passing to the realm of the of the irreproachable! Ojukwu is gone, and so is Achebe
It saddens my heart for I look, and there are no young Irokos in the land!
I see great Akpu trees in the likes of Kanu, Okocha, etc. But young Irokos have not taken root. Yes, a few shoot here and there, but not a harvest for a generation.
We must do more to bring back the glory, hope and strength of the people. Where are the Ikemba's of our time!

Yet some where in the depths of my heart is a certain gladness! The goings must mark some comings! the land must not be without shepherds! Call it reincarnation or what you will, but the cycle of life must bring its tides! They may already be suckling their mothers breast, or pounding the earth with the strength of youth.
Let's us make the land and our hearts ready for the Great-ones of our time!!!

2 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 24, 2013
Can we all get along? undecided
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by vandarsar(m): 11:23am On Mar 24, 2013
Fallacy! While ashebee was busy running around and moving his family from aba to umahiah for safety measure , Soyinka was busy traveling from Nigeria to the war ravage Biafran front to broker a peace deal.

Asheebee didn't collect the dough from 50cent because he's aware of what a hit the novel has become and wouldn't wanna do anything to halt the novel's heritage. Smart kid huh? Typical Ibo! Bigot! Ethno-centric!!

You know why I hate you clan? You whine a lot, you like to blame your woes on other people instead of accepting your fate and affecting a lasting change that would bring positive development... True be told asheebee is an ethno-centric warlord, who will forever been remember for only "things fall apart" he obviously kick the bucket because his last novel "there was a country" was never taken seriously or given the attention he craved for.

Soyinka > asheebee.

I know that simple analysis will hurt your ego but its the truth, and facts are there to back me up. The funny thing is Soyinka not only dusted him he floored him......inna go soon get your craved Biafra, just watch as we systematically disintegrate the one Nigeria. Yes we're aint gonna use your own orthodox and callous way that got your sons and daughter wallowing in the grave.

Soso990240: Haterz can hate frm january 2 december,WHO CARES? he achieved wot ur forefathers cudnt achieve..he conquard his generation.gues wot...? No yoruba writer would hav rejectd 50 cent's million dollar..i bet u.

2 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by ACM10: 11:26am On Mar 24, 2013
gbaky_floor:

Apart from making weed seem cool to youths, what did Fela contribute to NATIONAL development?

Chei! Nairaland grin grin grin
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 24, 2013
gbaky_floor:

Did you know how many times fela went to jail because he challenged the long years of military rule ?

Well ask Mitchell Obama what she saw in Fela to have bumped into his anniversary party last year and acknowledged his greatness !

Fuckingmoron

1 Like

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 24, 2013
I'm neither Yoruba nor Igbo as this thread appears to be a fight between d two. Well, even d whites who brought us civilization are very discriminating too. I'm sure if Achebe was a Ghananian or a Malawian, Nigerians on Nairaland would not remember his flaw(s). But come to think of it, who among d contributors to Nigeria's development that does not have noticeable flaw. Nigerians dont like hearing d truth and I think dat's y fate keeps on 'blessing' them with deceptive leaders. Will d OP say Sir Alhaji Ahmadu Bello of blessed memory was a bigot when he said 'we're not one' in response to a question dat we're all one in Nigeria. Achebe was bold to speak d truth which many Nigerians hate to hear. If all Nigerians in various areas of endeavor can be disciplined, principled and honest like this great hero, take it or leave it, Nigeria would hav been better than what it is today. Not extolling d good qualities of a man who never saw d well governed Nigeria of his dream is unsportsman and a disservice to humanity and hard work.

3 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Bobandgreat: 11:36am On Mar 24, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
vandarsar: Fallacy! While ashebee was busy running around and moving his family from aba to umahiah for safety measure , Soyinka was busy traveling from Nigeria to the war ravage Biafran front to broker a peace deal.

Asheebee didn't collect the dough from 50cent because he's aware of what a hit the novel has become and wouldn't wanna do anything to halt the novel's heritage. Smart kid huh? Typical Ibo! Bigot! Ethno-centric!!

You know why I hate you clan? You whine a lot, you like to blame your woes on other people instead of accepting your fate and affecting a lasting change that would bring positive development... True be told asheebee is an ethno-centric warlord, who will forever been remember for only "things fall apart" he obviously kick the bucket because his last novel "there was a country" was never taken seriously or given the attention he craved for.

Soyinka > asheebee.

I know that simple analysis will hurt your ego but its the truth, and facts are there to back me up. The funny thing is Soyinka not only dusted him he floored him......inna go soon get your craved Biafra, just watch as we systematically disintegrate the one Nigeria. Yes we're aint gonna use your own orthodox and callous way that got your sons and daughter wallowing in the grave.

Must u make ur point with a name we don't rcognise here. This a topic for intellectuals and not free education benefactors or Juveniles. Achebe and Soyinka can not be compared, they compliment one another. Wole is a bit of a rascal while Achebe was a philosopher. I think u shuld ask Soyinka himself if Achebe is great or not. Makee ur point without Yorubanising the name.

3 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by ACM10: 11:36am On Mar 24, 2013
Eziachi:
[size=28pt]2Face won a grammy , so he is bigger than Fela Kuti or Ebenezer Obey, case closed.
[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin
[size=28pt]Chei I don die o. Sometimes it's good to answer stupid question with stupid answer. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by larryjayz: 11:36am On Mar 24, 2013
Duru1:

Do you not think your silly question should encompass sentiments of human intellect in order to attract a humanly response?
just answer the damn question.
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by facideume: 11:37am On Mar 24, 2013
@OP,
I need not join the bandwagon in unleashing some venomous vituperations against your person. I believe you have fully received a lot of "insults" as you had rightly expected and anticipated. Your post totally stinks of abysmal ignorance of the person of Professor "Chinua Achebe" such that the only thing you made reference to was a book (Things Fall Apart) he wrote more than 45 years ago which has received numerous awards, and also translated into many major languages all over the world. I believe you first read the book as a teenager in secondary school, if i am not mistaken.

You are totally bereft of his professional experience and numerous positions in which he worked for the Nigerian state before the civil war started in 1967. Do you also know the capacities in which he continued to work for the Biafran nation after he fled from Lagos to save his life and that of his family, while working in a government establishment? Do you know the diplomatic missions he embarked upon for Biafra during that war? Do you know who was behind the famous Ahiara Declaration?

I believe Professor Chinua Achebe have rightly responded to pessimistic people like you in his recent book "There was a Country" but i also know that your utter resistance to knowledge, abysmal ignorance, and paralyzed sense of research will not let you read that book. In the same book, he answered his reason for rejecting the awards. Have you read his book "Problem with Nigeria"? A person who has not worked for Nigeria in different capacities cannot write an insightful and detailed book of that nature which continues to be relevant in modern day, Nigeria. In fact, you are part of the "problem with Nigeria" in the way and manner you have created this post. Why do you think he was given those awards that he vehemently rejected? Do you think it was only because of his literary works? The same amount of time you spent on the internet or on Nairaland typing this silly, annoying and provocative post would have been well invested on Google search about the highly respected Professor Chinua Achebe. I am not also in doubt that if anything happens to Professor Wole Soyinka tomorrow (God forbid) that someone like you won't come here to create similar post.
Reading maketh a man...even if you had the worst teachers in school due to the fallen standard of education in Nigeria you must learn to read! read!! read!!! SMH

9 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 24, 2013
I'm neither Yoruba nor Igbo as this thread appears to be a fight between d two. Well, even d whites who brought us civilization are very discriminating too. I'm sure if Achebe was a Ghananian or a Malawian, Nigerians on Nairaland would not remember his flaw(s). But come to think of it, who among d contributors to Nigeria's development that does not have noticeable flaw. Nigerians dont like hearing d truth and I think dat's y fate keeps on 'blessing' them with deceptive leaders. Will d OP say Sir Alhaji Ahmadu Bello of blessed memory was a bigot when he said 'we're not one' in response to a question dat asked to know wether we're all one in Nigeria. Achebe was bold to speak d truth which many Nigerians hate to hear. If all Nigerians in various areas of endeavor can be disciplined, principled and honest like this great hero, take it or leave it, Nigeria would hav been better than what it is today. Not extolling d good qualities of a man who never saw d well governed Nigeria of his dream is unsportsman and a disservice to humanity and hard work.

3 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by ypzilanti: 11:40am On Mar 24, 2013
alj harem:

No I am a true born Lagosian from the royal family. I am half Awori(father) half Egun (mother).

I am not being a tribalist here, teach me and I would understand. I do not intend to stand on my point if I am ignorant here.

Tell me the positive impact Achebe achieve in the life of an average Nigerian. Give me good sensible achievements and I would drop this argument.

If you are an illiterate, it is not Chinua Achebe's fault. Blame your rulers.

Achebe wrote a classic work for generations to come. A book that is in the league of great works of literature like 'War and Peace' or the Charles Dickens classics. He was the first African person to write a work of international acclaim. At the time he sent his manuscript for publishing, some publishers were even laughing at the thought of an african book. By publishing that work, he opened the doors to people like Wole soyinka, Ngugui wa Thiongo, and the rest. He gave africans and nigerians bragging rights at a time of little African achievement... at a time we were written off as sub human.

Still on the literary circle, he was the editor of the African writers series that produced the majority of well known african authors today, thereby mentoring a future generation of writers.

In saner climes, Achebe would not have to become political and attack successive bad governments. Writers in Britain and America face thier occupation and leave politiking to politicians. In developing nations however, it is a public duty (which many avoid) to use your platform as a tool to shame the thieving policians. He could have sat pretty and ate his money, but he did not: delivering harsh critiques of the governing class though his profession.

Now, it is nobody's fault if you feel that being associated with the country that produced a world icon does not reflect positively on you. It is nobody's fault if you refused to read the classic that the man wrote so as to emancipate yourself from mental slavery to the white man. Just being mentioned as the inspiration to a generation of African writers is enough contribution for one man.

If we all were so diligent and resourceful in our chosen professions...

If we all could be listed as top 50 in the whole world in the job we collect our salary from...

Then Nigeria would be the greatest country on earth. Why do you think the USA is admired? The USA has over 50 'Achebes' in every single profession in this world.

So mister Harem...go and contribute your quota to national development and leave achebe alone to rest. He has made us proud. He ran a good race.

7 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by talktimi(m): 11:40am On Mar 24, 2013
olufunmibi: Well for me it just happened that I've never read any of Chinua Achebe's books, my elderly sibblings did, because it was the fad in their days, but history effectively told us that he is a great literary icon,he was a strategist during the biafran war, he received national honours and turned some down, and he wrote a book "there was a country" at age 81 or so which reignited generation old animosity, hatred, and disaffection between the Yorubas and the Igbos.the book is a time bomb, it has a potential to cause carnage and bloodshed in the future, if the wound of ethnic hatred remained festering and fungating. For me, I regret that that book was written in the twilight of his life, it has not helped national unity, it has made us hate ourselves more. I read with disgust what people, the Igbos, write on this forum about my Patriach,Obafemi Awolowo. Never mind. It is what it is. You, your children, your Grand children will spend Naira, that name Naira, our Collective Monetary Identity as Nigerian was coined by Obafemi Awolowo, and please always remember to collect your N100 Change, that is Awo in your pocket. It is what it is! Obafemi Awolowo University Ile Ife, best University in Nigeria, is Awo's Brainchild, he was the Chancellor, it is what it is. If you are great, You are Great, it is just what it is! By the way I commiserate with you my Igbo compatriots on your loss, may God keep raising great men and men who foster peace and not divison among you. And may you one day again have a great leader, who you can all rally around, who can be your guiding light and lead your race to the greatness you always aspire to, not just people writing books causing fight among children on the internet. Accept my condolences.
as you were reading with disgust what the igbo people wrote about the late chief Awolowo, did you by any chance notice that it was your yoruba compatriots who started the tribal mudslingings on this thread ? Let's call a spade a spade & I would like you to go to the first page of this thread and see who started these tribal rantings then immediately the igbos respond, they are instantly called bigots. I'm neither yoruba or igbo but na wetin I see I dey yarn. cool

1 Like

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 24, 2013
Boss13:

If the head is wicked, what makes the whole body. Yes the Igbo race is never like that, they do not carry a stupid head. Many igbos will never forgive Ojukwu on the role he played in the war. It was a war fueled by personal ambition and instigated by power drunks. It could have been avoided. I don't hate Awolowo because he was Yoruba, I hate him because of what he did - killing innocent people. I don't care about the N20 policy. I will never allow tribalism becloud my judgement and turn me to a stupid fellow. If you feel happy about what Awolowo did, then that makes you too a wicked tribal fellow.
You're too misinformed or just being obtuse!
What don't you know about the 20pounds policy? Is it that its an ex gratia that is given to all ibos (who came out of the civl war) across board not some remittances of their bank account! Those who had proven bank statments got their money, abi you want make fed govt dey dole out money to evey ibo man?
Your reasons for calling awo wicked is all borne out of ignorance and hatred fed you by your predecessors.

2 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 24, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Did you know how many times fela went to jail because he challenged the long years of military rule ?

Well ask Mitchell Obama what she saw in Fela to have bumped into his anniversary party last year and acknowledged his greatness !

Fuckingmoron

Is Mitchell Obama's authority greater than Mandelas ( Mandela did praise Achebe highly)

Achebe used his pen to inform the world that IGBOS were not rebels. And his last book was showing your kind what they did wrong but as always, you don't like corrections.

So Fela been an ex-prisoner is HIS CONTRIBUTION to National development.

Pele oo, if that's d case all ex-prisoners have contributed to NATIONAL development.

FYI, you and your kind are why Nigeria lacks development.

Who is the slowpoke now!

1 Like

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 11:43am On Mar 24, 2013

bluetooth
is just a persistent slowpoke!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (37) (Reply)

Tinubu To Ayade: I’m Your Senior Brother, Respect My Presidential Ambition / I Am Wiser Now - Governor Akinwunmi Ambode / Omosede Igbinedion Meets Yasmina, Ivory Coast's Youngest Female Lawmaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.