Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Why SKYFALL Sucked!! - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why SKYFALL Sucked!! (17300 Views)

Swing And A Miss(ThrowBack Edition): Skyfall / Perspective On Skyfall Needed / Skyfall Review - Jump In Wit Ur Opinions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by Eapps(f): 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2013
Skyfall is like sx with 1st a timer," I've had better"
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 15, 2013
Skyfall is like arsenal FC. "They always disappoint you"
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by kobosmart(m): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2013
Skyfall is like church services" too long,boring and if you don't bring your pillow and beds along, you are a learner"
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 15, 2013
Skyfall is like a vacuum cleaner "it sucks"
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by forreelinc(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2013
Skyfall is like microsoft office "they copy and paste"
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by 33117(f): 11:26am On Aug 15, 2013
Skyfall is like the story of naijeria" disorganized and filled lies and useless people" grin u know urselves
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
hahahahaha. Una too funny
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by leverage(m): 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
Skyfall is like kim K "Pretty face with no brains"
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by forreelinc(m): 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
Skyfall is like a broken compass "it has no direction"
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
Skyfall is like john nsofor's shot"any where belle face"
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by scaramenga: 2:53am On Aug 16, 2013
Skyfall? Sky-FAIL. Is more like it.it was like they deliberately did a bad movie as an advert for their marketing team. Man the marketing and branding/public relations.for this movie deserve an award GOD!!! I am applauding them for a movie like skyfall to not only break even but hit a billion wow Those guys are so good that if obasanjo. Can use them to campaign for a fifth term .
But on a more serious note man skyfall was pure rubbish.nothing anybody did made sense
I. take the bloody shot: bond was the closest to this guy bond was wrestling the guy and forcing the hard drive off his neck so why did she shoot him to me that was just a forced way of getting bond injured to "startle" the audience
II. moneypenny secretary: moneypenny was not a junior agent, she was not an MI6 trainee ,for her whole KIA service,SIS and even MI6 before becoming a 00 she didn't think that field work wasn't for everyone but bond gave her a 2 second pep talk and she decides to take a secretary job over a job that could even make her M in the future? Sounds like a flimsy way of bringing secretary moneypenny back
III. bond's skyfall idea: a shabby old unskilled bond convinces M to risk her life and Q to cooperate with his "plan". they all agreed without any objections nobody reported or opposed the plan or got bond arrested and retrieved M then bond heads to this old castle with no weapons or reinforcement and expected M to survive their last stand against tiaggo? I just saw that as a lame way of getting M killed off and forcing bonds "background history" on us
IV. Tiaggo's plan: so he wanted MI6 to come after him but made them go thru hell first what was his reason for that? How did that affect the plot or the audience in anyway? It was just another forced way of extending the length of the film and cashing in on the joker/loki get captured deliberately routine
It doesn't make any sense if they wanted to make skyfall better:
1.The istanbul incident,bond should've. Been sent to murder an english defector/informant to tiaggo and the chase should have ended with bond getting shot by this defector and after being waterlogged ,lands in a coma at the english embassy in turkey. When he wakes up, he results into opting for retirement after failing his fitness evaluation however his request is refused by a bureaucratic mallory. mentioning a leak of All 00's Id of which bond is one of them
2.Q should have been a secluded computer analyst like the guy from body of lies and he shdnt have been a young boy too he is the head of Q branch not just a random analyst
3. Rather than tiaggo. Just being out for revenge his primary objective should have been that he was selling cyber weapons and using MI6 as his test demonstrations but he is however infuriated when. M shows no remorse for betraying him just to save her political career NOT. Save some agents(try paint M black small)so he goes after M in retaliation
4. Skyfall. Should not have been bonds home but the orphanage where bond grew up now abandoned and bond is tormented by memories of his father being abusive and perhaps the death of his mother from cancer or something. Worth getting bond so upset and bond should have dragged silva to this orphanage using a key equipment to his cyber weapon as bait with hope of back up to get tiaggo trapped however tiaggo anticipates this and messes with their communication and satellite fixes to stop them from knowing that he was going head on with bond without his faceless goons
5. M should have died way earlier in the movie and it should have been brutal like tiaggo torturing her to death or something. Bond should initially not be sympathetic cos tiaggo got into bond's head and turned him against M
6.Severine should have been a counter terrorist 00 that assists bond in neutralizing tiaggos lethal threats around london. She should have ended up mortally injured and uncertain if she would live or die
7 bond shouldn't have been reinstated in the end or perhaps he should have turned it down just something that keeps you intrigued like QOS did
See I'm no professional but yet I even did a better story just to show that they made no effort to make this movie good its really a disappointment and a let down.
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by 33117(f): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2013
You are right. The movie was way too lazy and explored no new ground imagine an bond reboot story back to back just to show that they were seriously running out of ideas, it didn't really surprise me tho it was like a trend for movies in 2012 to be just another effort to make a quick buck apart from a few movies like denzel washington's flight, cars2, MI4, and maybe django unchained that broke new grounds. But the remaining big budget. Movies like taken2, TDKR,avengers,bourne legacy,prometheus,SKYFAIL,brave and so many others were just mere demonstration of effects and other trivial movie elements and people seem to like it for God knows what reason. I think nollywood. Should rise to the challenge cos hollywood is just on autopilot right now afterall the music industry is doing so well I can't remember when last I really listened to a foreign song
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
MI4 was wack. That franchise stopped at MI2
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by leverage(m): 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
Darthmaul: "I aren't criticising this"

Gbagaun!
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by kobosmart(m): 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
Skyfall be like darthmaul english language " ITS FOKED"
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by lechiffre: 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
Yo nairalanders I would love to see keri hilson naaked anyone wanna tell me how I can hack into CIA servers and access their satellites to focus on her house please
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by leverage(m): 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2013
Hehehe or no check this out, GEJ is such a horrible president. Why don't we hack into sss servers and cause a gas explsion in his house
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by 33117(f): 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
Oooooo! I'm so bored does anybody wanna have saex with me while I'm taking a shower after a long day. Warning he has to be a dangerous professional killer and he has to be a stranger.
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by kobosmart(m): 3:06pm On Aug 16, 2013
One baastaard shot me twice and threw me off third mainland bridge this morning I am still looking for the dude at least I just wan tell am say I no like the way e dey play before i go to a hospital
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by forreelinc(m): 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2013
My fellow nairalanders, finally someone has told me why skyfall is the best bond ever
1. Daniel craig really. Stamped his print on the franchise with this movie
2. We got to know about bond's childhood which is new
3. The villain is the most unique and realistic
4. The movie is deep and passes a deep message
5. M's departure from the franchise was moving as it was shocking
6.The return of Q, moneypenny and Male M
7.The action scenes are very realistic
8.It is the highest grossing. Bond movie till date
9. Truly original story
10. Mad ass soundtrack
11.Perfect storyline
12. MI6 was the focus this time
13.Breath taking scenes
grin as tempted as I am to shred this review in pieces I will love it if one of you could help me tell this guy why his views even makes skyfall worse than it was before
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by yoji: 11:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
This movie obviously had 2 versions , cos d version i and majority of fans and critics saw was really really good. It's okay to belong to a minority who didn't like the movie, just that in the case of skyfall, it's a very tiny minority.
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by forreelinc(m): 1:28am On Aug 18, 2013
@yoji grin when you talk about fans and critics liking the movie do you mean your daddy, mommy and your nieghbours children? cos you know they don't count
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by 33117(f): 1:32am On Aug 18, 2013
@yoji grin guy cool down na we are just having fun of course you are free to like the worst bond film in history you don't have to lie that people actually like it you know I just like to be among the sane"minority" who don't like the movie *clear throat* that's allgrin
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by yoji: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2013
The following aren't exactly my dad, mmummy and neighbors ' children:
James bererdinelli of reelviews.net gave it 3.5 outof 4 saying it's among the best bond can offer alongside goldfinger, majesty secret service and from Russia with love.
Roger ebert of Chicago times said it was the best bond movie in years
92% of critics liked it on rotten tomatoes while 85% of critics liked it on rotten tomatoes
Jeremy jahns liked it alot referring to it as the dark knight of the bond franchise
It got 81% on metacritic.com
Wall street journal and Hollywood reporter gave it 90%
Chicago tribune, rolling stone and USA Today gave it 88%
LA Times and new York times gave it 80%
Washington post calls it a classic
Neil Finn of total film gave it a100% sef
Christian science monitor gave it 91%
CNN says it's bond resurrected and re-invougourated
All this en route to earning over a billion dollars at the box office, a feat matched by only by 15 other movies. I think it's fair to say, u guys are in a minority.
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by Eapps(f): 12:33am On Aug 19, 2013
yoji: The following aren't exactly my dad, mmummy and neighbors ' children:
James bererdinelli of reelviews.net gave it 3.5 outof 4 saying it's among the best bond can offer alongside goldfinger, majesty secret service and from Russia with love.
Roger ebert of Chicago times said it was the best bond movie in years
92% of critics liked it on rotten tomatoes while 85% of critics liked it on rotten tomatoes
Jeremy jahns liked it alot referring to it as the dark knight of the bond franchise
It got 81% on metacritic.com
Wall street journal and Hollywood reporter gave it 90%
Chicago tribune, rolling stone and USA Today gave it 88%
LA Times and new York times gave it 80%
Washington post calls it a classic
Neil Finn of total film gave it a100% sef
Christian science monitor gave it 91%
CNN says it's bond resurrected and re-invougourated
All this en route to earning over a billion dollars at the box office, a feat matched by only by 15 other movies. I think it's fair to say, u guys are in a minority.

grin skyfall is like yoji's movie analysis "Hyped with no real reason"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Favourite Movie Quotes / Domak Shelter Rewards Big Dreams Talent Show Housemates With Land, Cash / Bisola: A Nairalander Replies Journalist Chris Ayo Joseph