Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. (32391 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons / My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by nduchucks: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
@Op, have you considered giving your wife and yourself the best gift of all and effectively suspending your problem for at least 9 months? get her pregnant Olodo. That will actually turn you into a man as well. You appear still be a little boy. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
@ OP.. Please don't even try sending dayo away. Friends are sometimes better than family.

To be honest with you, I think you should find a way to call for a meeting and keep your friendship going.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by ypzilanti: 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
One peculiar thing about men's relationship with old buddies is that we do not necessarily need constant contact. Your guy is not your babe that needs everyday reassurance of your love via many phone calls and text messages. I have many close male friends that I have not spoken to in a month...but I can always call up for anything in the world, and it would still be like we just spoke last night.

I have a couple of really close friends that I have known for years. We do not spend 2 hours on the phone everyday na. Haba! We may spend that amount of time once in a while when we have serious gist to dissect, but not every single day! A married man on the phone for two hours everyday with an old friend does not have his priorities right.

7 Likes

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by indie22(f): 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
ypzilanti: One peculiar thing about men's relationship with old buddies is that we do not necessarily need constant contact. Your guy is not your babe that needs everyday reassurance of your love via many phone calls and text messages. I have many close male friends that I have not spoken to in a month...but I can always call up for anything in the world, and it would still be like we just spoke last night.

I have a couple of really close friends that I have known for years. We do not spend 2 hours on the phone everyday na. Haba! We may spend that amount of time once in a while when we have serious gist to dissect, but not every single day! A married man on the phone for two hours everyday with an old friend does not have his priorities right.

End of. There's no way as a married man you would spend hours on the phone, EVERYDAY, with a friend close or far. That is not a healthy friendship. you might need to re analyse your feelings for your friend.

2 Likes

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by ypzilanti: 5:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
indie22:

End of. There's no way as a married man you would spend hours on the phone, EVERYDAY, with a friend close or far. That is not a healthy friendship. you might need to re analyse your feelings for your friend.

Maybe the OP is really young. Or maybe there is more to the story. It makes no sense at all to me. My closest friend and I passed through many challenges together just like he and his friend. We do not talk for two hours EVERYDAY. We talk for two hours on SOMEDAYS, but we are grown men with jobs and relationships...that would just be crazy and very GAY.

4 Likes

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Anka(m): 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2013
[quote][/quote]You are more like brothers that can't be separated. Now you are married notwithstanding your closeness you both must respect and give time to your partners (wife). The reason been that if you talk long hour with each other what time do you have for your family? Both of you should discuss on how to carry on your friendship without it hurting your wivies. Also both of you should bring your wivies together and ensure they are very close so that it wil reduce their feeling your absence. But note that too much of everything is dangerous. Please, your marriage is better than any other relationship outside.please you both ensure you give priority to your marriage
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by davades(m): 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
They also hate men that watches football...I and my GF used to fight over it. OP all she need is ur attention all the time !
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Elnuk34(m): 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
mentorken05: From what I read...I can say that he is more than a brother to you.let ur wife get dat into her head.Ask her why she hates him around and if there is no good reason from her,den don't listen to her.am sorry but as for me,I can't loose my brother from another mother special thanks to unmeaningless request from my wife... Meanwhile 1st to comment...dancing azonto
You wrote quite well in the starting part of your comment. But the first to comment stuff, that was childish. Grow up!
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by zeefa: 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
Wow! I have entered front Page! I just hope Morenike won't be reading these now. Well, its nice cos I need something good to come out of the marriage NOT just the way she chooses to act lately.

Thank you NL for pushing it forward, I will take my time to read the response from peoples comments and contributions later when am free.

* the Question I need to ask people reading this post is if they ever tasted being so close to som1. This is just what I experience and its hs been so wonderful with dayo. A friend like more than a brother. My brother from another woman as I always call him.

So many people are reading meanings cos u haven't been involve in2 such before!

Well, for people who just came across my present predicaments of mine. We have been in2 dis case for a week now. And am hoping things would take shape soon.

With Morenike present threat, its seems am about to change my body language and fast forward actions against her.

My PR is at stake here.....coupled up with the new added threats she dropped on the table few days ago.

I am not sure she is NL fan but at the sametime, I have committed no crime seeking peoples opinion on what would help us both resolve clear the cracks between us.

Coming up on the real arguments on PR issue with her..ki olorun komi yo ni o.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by druid06(m): 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
They say we change friends every 6 years which I deem is true. Any friendship that has bypassed that limit is a friendship of a life time. OP, I won't say I am not itchy about the closeness between you guys ( you and your friend ) isn't kind of weird.. Comeon, talking for 2 hrs on phone and on skype is just too much except there's something between you two that you're not telling. I don't think any woman would be able to handle that too much attention you're giving to your friend. I don't want you to loose a good friend and I don't want you to loose your wife either so I've come up with a plausible solution that might work for you guys. Instead of talking 2 hrs on phone with your buddy, why don't the two family come together for BBQ and some beer every weekend and there you could catch up with your buddy while the missus get to know each other better. The two families could go to concerts together or maybe dine out at a nice restaurant. You have to let your wife understand he is a great friend but also, give her some undivided attention too. You have to share yourself between your wife and your friend. If you do these, things would work out fine. Don't worry about the threat of a divorce coming from your wife, she's just saying so because she's jealous and a little upset. Women are that way, I know you understand what I'm saying... Cheerio!
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by clintwine(m): 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
@poster, In this, both parties are wrong
Your wife threatening you with divorce is naive. This is some of the harsh realities of marrying someone from a broken home, especially if her advisor is from such.

From your side, you should know that your wife is feeling jealous, and thinks that her place has been displaced by your friend.
You should simply sit down and tell your wife that you will reduce the calls, but won't stop as he is your best friend and probably the only family you have around.
Just the way you can't stop her from relating with her mum.

You don't have to call your friend for 2 hrs everyday, cut that drastically to around 30mins, you are now married .
Every married man will tell you that once they got married, no more everyday nights out, as madam is in the house. She becomes your priority.
You don't loose your friendship , reducing the hours of talk doesn't reduce friendship.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
zeefa: I don't really know how to handle this case cos its becoming a huge problem between me & my wife. I have tried to play it to the best of my knowledge but the situation is not getting in anyway better.

I & dayo have been friends for more than 15yrs. We grew up together those days in Ibadan and fortunately, we attended the same university to study different courses. We were in the same faculty of Engineering but different department.

The university I attended is without school accommodation, so we got an apartment close to eachother & sometimes he comes to my place & I go there too.

He loves Beans a lot back then and he happens 2 b a good cook. So most times, I visited him cos of the beans, laced up with Gari egba @ night.

However, we graduated & I was posted to delta state while he went to IMo state. Even at that, he comes to my place. I served in an oil & Gas company and we had enough money to spend.

I used to give him enough money those days cos he was given just a small allawe which cnt take care of all his needs.

After our youth service, I was retained & he moved to the uk for his masters courtesy of the little money I made during my service year.

After 3yrs, I moved too curtesy of him & he helped with part of the bills cos he was working and studying then.

He got married and after about a year I got to uk and I did mine too almost immediately.

But lately, I have been having issues with my wife over the closeness between me & dayo. we have a free calls to ourselves on O2 network. So we talk virtually everyday for more than two hour after work. And weekends,like saturdays, we move from weekend free landline to landline call to skype.

Just yesterday my wife warned me to desist from such altitude or face divorce.

Please, I need decent people in the house to advise me. I can't ask him to stop calling me or visiting me. He once told me about his wife having similar problem with our friendship too. We are just normal friends with no string attached.

Do I call both families together to resolve it or ignore the threat from my wife.

Thanks so much for taken your time to read.

2 hours everyday after work?
First of all, how much time does a grown married man have after work that he will be using 2 hours to talk to another man?

Do you give your wife this same attention? undecided
Lord knows how much you starve her of your attention and are just incapable of sympathizing with her and understanding what she feels.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by madamebebe(f): 6:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
Mehn you need to make out with this your dayo friend to ease the tension!! Ahn ahn wish kin closeted friendship be this one? Una dey discuss business or football? If no then oga, hi put it to you that you are grin

On a serious note reduce your chitchat with your mate .. I thought it was we women that chat for that long though .. Nawa oo
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Elai147: 6:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
I think this should not be too difficult for you to handle. I was once in such a relationship with my best friend. Both you and Dayo need to understand that you are both married and need to be there for your families. Even the bible made this very clear: "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife". I understand the relationship between you and Dayo but the truth still remains that he is not your wife. You simply cannot choose him over your family. You guys need to limit or reduce the time you spend with each other on phone and even physically. This can even get your wives jealous because they are women and need to be cared for. It is possible your wife is getting jealous of the situation which is normal. She needs you to spend some of those times with her and not spending all of it with your friend.

However, it was very wrong for your wife to threaten you with divorce. That is a harsh word to use. I dont and will not take that likely from any woman. You need to do the right thing and then caution your wife never to use such a threat again.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
clintwine: @poster, In this, both parties are wrong
Your wife threatening you with divorce is naive. This is some of the harsh realities of marrying someone from a broken home, especially if her advisor is from such.

From your side, you should know that your wife is feeling jealous, and thinks that her place has been displaced by your friend.
You should simply sit down and tell your wife that you will reduce the calls, but won't stop as he is your best friend and probably the only family you have around.
Just the way you can't stop her from relating with her mum.

You don't have to call your friend for 2 hrs everyday, cut that drastically to around 30mins, you are now married .
Every married man will tell you that once they got married, no more everyday nights out, as madam is in the house. She becomes your priority.
You don't loose your friendship , reducing the hours of talk doesn't reduce friendship.
You are wasting your time, do you know how many people on this forum have told him to cut down his calls to his friend to save his marriage. Just leave him alone, at the end of the day I see dayo cutting down his friendship with him. after the divorce, everyone will say zeefa and dayo are gay. Dayo will cut down the friendship with zeefa to save face.
Its the children I pity sef, Imagine them hearing their father left their mother for another man grin

3 Likes

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by adconline(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
When she's done kicking ur friend away, she might turn to ur mom/dad/siblings, after that, it could be u next.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
steph7: You are wasting your time, do you know how many people on this forum have told him to cut down his calls to his friend to save his marriage. Just leave him alone, at the end of the day I see dayo cutting down his friendship with him. after the divorce, everyone will say zeefa and dayo are gay. Dayo will cut down the friendship with zeefa to save face.
Its the children I pity sef, Imagine them hearing their father left their mother for another man grin

So if he stops calling Dayo and starts calling his parents fr those 2 hrs Would it also be because he is sleeping with his own parents?

If he spends those 2 extra hours at work talking to his work colleagues it would also be because he is sleeping with his boss at work?

If he spends those 2 hours at the local pub, bar or eatery it would be because he is sleeping with the bartender too?
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by dayokanu(m): 6:32pm On Apr 05, 2013
adconline: When she's done kicking ur friend away, she might turn to ur mom/dad/siblings, after that, it could be u next.

That is the possesive nature of some women, Today its the friend thats the enemy, next time it would be his parents, His siblings his colleagues etc. I have heard of a woman who complained her husband spends too much time with their own son playing PS3
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by vislabraye(m): 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
Women are very territorial. In the animal kingdom, its the male that exhibits such xteristics, but humans are different.
May be you should look for a time to talk to your friend that won't bother her.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 05, 2013
dayokanu:

So if he stops calling Dayo and starts calling his parents fr those 2 hrs Would it also be because he is sleeping with his own parents?

If he spends those 2 extra hours at work talking to his work colleagues it would also be because he is sleeping with his boss at work?

If he spends those 2 hours at the local pub, bar or eatery it would be because he is sleeping with the bartender too?
I never said he should stop calling Dayo, he should cut down on his calls(reduce his calls), from what the Op says, he does all this at home. Dayo this is a very simple issue, cut down the calls simple!!
Dayo, answer this question if u start calling your parents everyday for 2 hours, gist no go finish at a point in time, your folks will start asking you is all well, don't you have other friends to talk to.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by vislabraye(m): 6:36pm On Apr 05, 2013
dayokanu:

That is the possesive nature of some women, Today its the friend thats the enemy, next time it would be his parents, His siblings his colleagues etc. I have heard of a woman who complained her husband spends too much time with their own son playing PS3

PS3 again? She dey jealous
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
steph7: I never said he should stop calling Dayo, he should cut down on his calls(reduce his calls), from what the Op says, he does all this at home. Dayo this is a very simple issue, cut down the calls simple!!
Dayo, answer this question if u start calling your parents everyday for 2 hours, gist no go finish at a point in time, your folks will start asking you is all well, don't you have other friends to talk to.

Is calling Dayo the problem? Can he do something else with the 2 hours aside calling Dayo?

If he calls Dayo for 30mins and spend the rest 1hr 30min sleeping, Going to the gym alone, Reading newspaper, browsing the internet, watching football would she be ok? Or it would be because he is fuccking a girl in his sleep, the Trainer at the Gym, The columnist in the newspaper the Internet people or even the presenter on TV
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by dayokanu(m): 6:41pm On Apr 05, 2013
vislabraye:

PS3 again? She dey jealous

Some people are just attention seekers and drama queens
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
dayokanu:

Is calling Dayo the problem?
If he calls Dayo for 30mins and spend the rest 1hr 30min sleeping, Going to the gym alone, Reading newspaper, browsing the internet, watching football would she be ok? Or it would be because he is fuccking a girl in his sleep, the Trainer at the Gym, The columnist in the newspaper the Internet people or even the presenter on TV

Yes it is, because after talking to Dayo for 2 hours, he would STILL want to read newspaper, browse internet, watch football, etc. Making for another whole day without spending some quality time re-toasting his wife tongue
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by dayokanu(m): 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
2buff:

Yes it is, because after talking to Dayo for 2 hours, he would STILL want to read newspaper, browse internet, watch football, etc. Making for another whole day without spending some quality time re-toasting his wife tongue

So if he stops calling Dayo but spends that time in the office, Gym, bar, on TV, Internet or Newspaper she would be Okay?
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by clintwine(m): 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2013
Women are by nature possessive . The guy is simply trying to assert that he is not an item to be possessed and he can do whatever he wants
But the reality is she is not your girlfriend , I would have said you should send her packing to possess another individual , but you are married.

Now you have to start thinking of 2. Swap the roles for a min
Imagine if every time you comeback, your wife is on her phone chatting with a friend for 2 good hours.
You will tolerate this for a while, after sometime, it becomes a nuisance, cos you would start thinking that this person calling my wife, doesnt she have a husband?
Once one negative thinking starts, it spirals to more negative thinking.
And if am not wrong, you have a wife that bottles things until it explodes

Even as a guy, if my girlfriend is doing ping pong on BB all the time, it pisses me off. Everything should be done in moderation
Reduce this to 30 mins, and it becomes understandable and tolerable.

1 Like

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
2buff:

Thank you, at least with these activities , she can even interrupt and have some "we" time together, but if she tries it when he is with dayo, it is shuush she'll get.
@Op how long do you discuss with your own wife everyday ?
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by dayokanu(m): 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
steph7: Thank you, at least with these activities , she can even interrupt and have some "we" time together, but if she tries it when he is with dayo, it is shuush she'll get.
@Op how long do you discuss with your own wife everyday ?

You cant interrupt a guy watching Sports oo. Dont even try it

How do you interrupt him if he is at the gym, bar or in the office whiling away time

People get choked and probably the OP is getting choked
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by 4realfc: 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
Am married,so my advise is from experience. Immediately a guy get married, the best thing to do is to limit your association with friends. Women don't like sharing their husband attention with anybody.

2 Likes

Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2013
dayokanu:

So if he stops calling Dayo but spends that time in the office, Gym, bar, on TV, Internet or Newspaper she would be Okay?

It actually might. She just wants to see BALANCE in her man's life.
A married man who spends that much time talking to another MAN everyday just projects that this is a guy who likely doesn't have his priorities straight.

With women, it's usually not about what is done, but what is meant by what is being done.

The divorce thing is really just her way stoopid way of GETTING HIS ATTENTION because she didn't know any other way about it. Though it troubles me that a woman who is that apt to throwing around divorce papers over something like this projects that this is not the sort of person that will "go through the fire" with someone in tough times. This is something that will have to be addressed in a seperate instance.

Both of them have flaws and none of them are right.
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by cecechris: 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
Kgdavid: grown men shuld not spend so much time talkin to each other on the phone, your wife probably feels ignored and neglected during that period!
Re: She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2013
zeefa:

Well, I don't kw what to say as per your comment. I feel she is just getting jealous unnecessarily. As regards your suggestion, if she decided to pick up calls from any of her female friends too. Franklyspeaking, I won't mind if that will make her happy.
The person in question help her get the materials for her PLAB exams & other stuffz. This person is not just a friend but a brother from another woman ready to do anything for us as a family.

My dear, I can't be given u details of my family on NL. But he has done a lot for her too especially when she was pregnant. His wife don't really complain cos he told me he has warned her never to pokenose into our affair.

But my own wife seems to be strong headed that won't just listen or understand but all she intend to do is 2 dish out the threat of a divorce.

As I said, I will call both party to a meeting on sunday, then I will give the house details on our conclusion. I pray it works, but if things go wrong, I have no choice than to let her go. I respect her a lot & I love her and I don't expect such from a woman that care & love her husband.

Besides, am so grateful for all your advise & suggestions.
how can you say that, for a marriage to last you have to give up alot of things. You are giving your friend so much attention and less attention to your wife. With the way you are sounding u don't care about ur marriage. What are you discussing with ur friend that u can't discuss once a week. Think before you make a terriable mistake.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Soldier Catches His Wife Sleeping With Her Married Co-Worker / Nobody Wants To Marry Us, Employers Reject Us, Our Skin Is A Problem –albinos / Woman Gives Birth To A Boy In BRT Bus In Lagos (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.