Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies (23997 Views)

Checkout This Lady's Advice To Ladies About Cheating Men (Screenshot) / A Letter To Single Guys / A Single Lady's Advice To Married Women! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
@OP

Your use of the word 'make it' at the end shows how you contradicted yourself. You tried to make a perfect landing but you crash landed. Anyways more grease to your elbow.

It all boils down to the Value system of the social fabric, family values, our definition of what it means to be successful, our views on faith/spirituality( strengthening our inner being to face temptations,and so on )... It is fundamentally flawed in our today's society.

I was watching a documentary on Aljazeera English the other day. There was this lady who sacrificed all she had going for her and went to fight for a cause. On getting to the central point, she met a man who has been there for 25years, connected with him instantly and they married.

We focus on the unimportant things instead of to sacrifice and seek understanding, wisdom, knowledge from the almighty to direct our path and other things will be added unto us. We tend to approach and for the most part let our subconscious minds that have been programmed by the WANTS of our fellow men/women dictate our decisions to please them. We tend to view life/marriage through our own misunderstanding and live to the expectations of the world( what is known as Functionalism or Existentialism).

We are imperfect beings and are a work in progress. We ought to acknowledge what is fundamentally wrong to make a fundamental change. Until we address the fundamentals which is valuing things that truly matters... The Insanity continues....

2 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2013
Mbechun007:

I’ve had my fair share of heartbreaks and made mistakes, but I’m glad I’ve learnt and can confidently say I’m a better person for it. I’ve put together some thoughts and values that guide my relationship and my expectations of the guy I would eventually settle down with. I do hope it brings clarity and direction for some confused lady out there…

It's easy to write a long epistle on something you haven't done yourself.
Anyone can do this
Come back and preach this sermon after 40 years when you've lived it

2 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
A single man's advice to single ladies:.
Keep waiting for a knight in shinning armour ,to come and sweep u off ur feet and to paradise(u go wait tire).
Real ladies get married to d boy next door, confront and solve real life problems wt dem, live a real life and grow old in a real world, shikena!
A life wtout problems exist only in d bible and quran.
If u be learner no dey drive BRT cos u go misdirect a lotta destinies.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by passionate88: 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
utumunta:
A life wtout problems exist only in d bible.
wrong. Job suffer die for bible, d children of Israel suffer. D hebrews suffer in d hands of d babylonians, etc. Suffer dey bible bt most of our gals no wan experience small one bt na dm quote bible pass.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Vincent41(m): 2:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
Mbechun007: I’ve thought about writing this for a while but wondered where to start. A recent occurrence helped me make up my mind. After being in a couple of relationships that didn’t quite work out, I asked a friend of mine why she hadn’t considered a male friend of hers I felt was okay. The guy didn’t hide the fact that he really liked her and wanted to be with her; and he was the one who saw her through most of her breakups. She grimaced and told me she wasn’t attracted to him at all and that he wasn’t the kind of person she would like to be seen in public with. Fast-forward a few more years-she’s getting married pretty soon…and yes, to the guy in question! I’m sure she can’t remember telling me, but I can and it’s haunting. Sometimes I want to confront her, ask her what changed, confirm if she knows what she’s doing or if she’s finally allowed the pressure get to her, and then I remind myself it’s probably not in my place; but that’s not the point I’m trying to make here. Forgive my digression.

If you’ve been observant you would’ve noticed an increase in cases of domestic violence, infidelity, divorce, separations, single parenthood and other challenges that confront the institution of marriage.In summary, the distortion and disintegration of the single most important unit in the society has become a pandemic; so common place it’s now one of those things. It’s been of great concern to me ‘cos I can see how easy it is to end up in the shoes of those who have had to deal with these issues firsthand. What’s worrisome is the fact that we ladies aren’t learning from the mistakes of those who have gone before. We read the stories and watch the news and shake our heads in empathy and disgust, certain such things can never happen to us…until they do. We go into relationships that are doomed from the very beginning, ignoring obvious signs that should cause us to pause and re-evaluate, with the hope that things will get better. I’m not talking about this from a holier than thou perspective. It’s as much a note to self as it is advice for any lady who cares enough to listen.

I’ve had my fair share of heartbreaks and made mistakes, but I’m glad I’ve learnt and can confidently say I’m a better person for it. I’ve put together some thoughts and values that guide my relationship and my expectations of the guy I would eventually settle down with. I do hope it brings clarity and direction for some confused lady out there…

Know What You Want
Before you venture into a relationship with any man you need to first define who you are, what you stand for, what your values are, where you are going, your likes, your dislikes, what makes you happy, what you’re afraid of, what makes you tick, what you love about yourself, what you don’t, what you want in a guy, what you don’t, what you want your future to look like, the kind of life you want to live. Bottomline-know yourself inside out ‘cos its very easy to lose your identity in a relationship. But beyond that, it’ll also be easy to know when someone isn’t meant for you or when someone is, when you deserve better or when you’re compromised.

I was engaged to this guy and wedding plans were already underway. I called the engagement off to the mortification and utter shock of friends who felt I had caught a really big fish; the kind of guy ladies would kill for and they couldn’t understand how I could be stupid enough to dump him back in the ocean. For everyone that asked why I did it, I remember telling them that after all the aso-ebi wearing; I was the one that would have to live with the guy. I looked into the future and didn’t like what I saw, and decided to do something about it before it was too late. If I didn’t know who I was and what I wanted out of life, I would’ve been a Mrs. somebody today, with a kid or two in tow, unhappy, discontent and resentful.

I believe the concept of Mr. Right is as mythical as Unicorns. No one person is perfectly suited to someone else. But there are basics, things that irrespective of class, age or temperament you shouldn’t compromise. To those of you who aren’t sure, here’s how to know you’re with the right person; don’t quote me though smiley

What’s His Belief System?
I’m not talking Christian or Muslim, I’m talking about his anchor, his spirituality, and morality; his interpretation of right and wrong, of human existence; his values and how they translate to everyday life. Where does he find meaning? What keeps him grounded? If he doesn’t have any, trust me darling, there’s no point. The end in his case, will always justify the means.

Does He Respect You?
I mean everything you are and what you stand for! Your family, your friends, your opinions, your dreams, your past, your career. I find that guys who are disrespectful of women are also psychologically and verbally abusive. This is even worse than physical abuse ‘cos you have no scars or injuries to prove it. Ladies in relationships like this have very poor self-esteem, are very indecisive, rarely share their opinions in public, find it hard to take compliments and feel like the least beautiful in the room. They do can do anything to get approval, never feel like they have, and end up feeling inadequate and undeserving.

Is He A Confident Person?
Can he hold his own during conversations or does he give you every reason under the sun why he can’t make it for the birthday party? Self-confidence is the most attractive quality a guy can possess. It transcends money; it’s the assurance a woman needs that tomorrow is going to be okay. Dating a guy who has a poor sense of worth for himself and his abilities can be very emotionally draining because he’s most likely going to project his dissatisfaction on you and eventually rob you of yours. Sometimes this lack of confidence manifests as egotism and chauvinism. If he feels the need to remind you he’s a guy and in charge of the relationship then there’s a problem. You’ll find that getting him to see things from your perspective or to listen to advice will be practically impossible ‘cos to him doing that is accepting you know better.

Does He Love You?
I mean love the way 1st Corinthians 13 defines it, not love like we know it to be these days. Love is a gut feeling, a knowing that you’ll be okay with him. It’s knowing you don’t have to bend over backwards to please him. When he doesn’t deploy reverse psychology to keep you in a perpetual state of guilt or dredge up long forgotten fights every time there’s a new one, when he’s not intimidated by your tall dreams and desire to want to be your own person and ensures you stay connected to those who matter to you, if he’s the first person you run to when you feel overwhelmed, if he keeps you focused and does not exploit your weaknesses or insecurities; then he loves you.

Is He Responsible?
Can he be held accountable? Can he be depended on? Will he keep his side of the agreement? Does he understand the spiritual, cultural and social duties he ought to perform? Does he understand his job description? In fact, does he know he has one? The same way some guys describe ladies as ‘take home to mama’ I feel there should be ‘take home to papa’ guys. The major reason why families are in such a state today is attributable to the utter irresponsibility of a majority of the male species. He cheats on his wife; it’s her fault. If she hadn’t put on so much weight he wouldn’t have noticed his secretary. The teenage son is caught doing drugs, it’s the mother’s fault; she didn’t bring him up properly. You’re doing the dishes and making breakfast and spring cleaning and loading the washer with a kid strapped on your back and he calls out to you in the kitchen, asking where the hell you kept the TV remote. Need I say more?

Where Is He Going?
What’s the big picture for him? Is he a dreamer? Does he see a future that excites you? Is he constantly seeking out opportunities and ways to make tomorrow better or is he counting the number of years it’ll take him to get to level 8 in the Nigerian Civil Service? If he’s not ambitious chances are he’ll try to keep you from reaching forward as well. The most damaging consequence for me is how fast you’ll lose respect for him and wish you ended up with someone else. Look for a guy who’s going somewhere, who is on a journey and believes the destination is in sight; your successes and achievements will be less intimidating.

The Money Equation
A young lady I know came to me and said she needed my advice. I listened. The story: There’s this guy who’s been on her case and wanted to go out with her. He’d gone to great lengths to get her number and was ‘toasting’ her relentlessly. He was a Muslim, in his thirties, said he wasn’t married, lived in a different city and had a lot of money. She told him to give her some time to think about it even though she already seemed predisposed to the idea. She wanted to know what to do. So I asked questions…

Do you want to go out with him?
Yes.

Why do you want to go out with him?
‘Cos I can go back to school (She had dropped out due to lack of funds) and I won’t have to worry about money anymore.

Hmmm...Ok.

He’s a muslim, you attend Redeemed. How do you want to cope with this?
Slumped shoulders.

Since money is the major reason why he’s attractive to you, what happens when someone with more money comes along?
Blink.
Blink.

I stopped asking questions. I hope my advice to her that day made a lasting impact.

I remember a friend of my elder sister’s saying she couldn’t date a guy if he didn’t live within the VGC axis. This was close to a decade ago. She’s still not married. The thing is, by the time the guy moves from Berger to Yaba to V/I to VGC, he’ll most likely be taken by some lady who wasn’t afraid to live in Berger. You may say stories abound of women who stood by struggling guys only for the guys to make it and ditch them or marry younger women. I’d say for every one of those, there’s a story with a happy ending. I’m not saying marry a broke ass, I’m saying, let the guy’s bank account not be the reason why you choose to be or not be with him…

This list is by no means exhaustive so feel free to share your comments.

To be continued...

©Naomi Lucas
http://naomilucas..com/2013/03/a-single-ladys-advice-to-single-ladies.html

even if make dis a course in de university lets say GSS101 for women only...dey will still get am carry over..
hahaha..i laugh cos de brain of A hen is 100 percent better dan dat of women...
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2013
Horayce:

Anyone can do this

Nice one... I can't quantify if it skipped the OP memory that to "settle down with someone" actually means to "put up with their attitude". It shows that she isn't entering the relationship WHOLEHEARTEDLY - which is the essence of a relationship or perhaps true love.

The OP tend to exhibit the characteristics of a narcissist. I am sorry to say.
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Orikinla(m): 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2013
Poster, thank you for posting this.

The author seems to have a good grasp of the man shortage troubling majority of black women which is a common topic of hairdressing salons and agony aunts columns. But many women like her often don't practice what they preach as we have seen this kind of hypocritical posturing among church goers in black communities.
They can preach it, but they can't practice it.
So, it is easier said than done.
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by JEMMYP(f): 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2013
@op your write up is one hell of true. well done!
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 30, 2013
I think there is a simple answer to all these problems. Women should start asking guys out enmasse. Afterall, we are all screaming "gender equality".
Also, those criticizing people saying the post is long should stop it. All that "hide stuff in a book" for a black man does not apply here. This is a forum for fun. A lot of people prefer to skim through threads because 98percent of the topics on this forum are just jokes anyway. If you have the time, read through it, if you dont, move on.
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Revolva(m): 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2013
Haaa !!!! It got to a point I got confuse...@op next time give us a preview before posting
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by fiolaP(f): 3:17pm On Mar 30, 2013
hmm, makes sense
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by abey002: 3:21pm On Mar 30, 2013
Nice piece. I have a question; how easy or proper is it for one to date someone you're staying in the same house, i mean serious relationship.
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by CHIMSKY(m): 3:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
Mbechun007: I’ve thought about writing this for a while but wondered where to start. A recent occurrence helped me make up my mind. After being in a couple of relationships that didn’t quite work out, I asked a friend of mine why she hadn’t considered a male friend of hers I felt was okay. The guy didn’t hide the fact that he really liked her and wanted to be with her; and he was the one who saw her through most of her breakups. She grimaced and told me she wasn’t attracted to him at all and that he wasn’t the kind of person she would like to be seen in public with. Fast-forward a few more years-she’s getting married pretty soon…and yes, to the guy in question! I’m sure she can’t remember telling me, but I can and it’s haunting. Sometimes I want to confront her, ask her what changed, confirm if she knows what she’s doing or if she’s finally allowed the pressure get to her, and then I remind myself it’s probably not in my place; but that’s not the point I’m trying to make here. Forgive my digression.

If you’ve been observant you would’ve noticed an increase in cases of domestic violence, infidelity, divorce, separations, single parenthood and other challenges that confront the institution of marriage.In summary, the distortion and disintegration of the single most important unit in the society has become a pandemic; so common place it’s now one of those things. It’s been of great concern to me ‘cos I can see how easy it is to end up in the shoes of those who have had to deal with these issues firsthand. What’s worrisome is the fact that we ladies aren’t learning from the mistakes of those who have gone before. We read the stories and watch the news and shake our heads in empathy and disgust, certain such things can never happen to us…until they do. We go into relationships that are doomed from the very beginning, ignoring obvious signs that should cause us to pause and re-evaluate, with the hope that things will get better. I’m not talking about this from a holier than thou perspective. It’s as much a note to self as it is advice for any lady who cares enough to listen.

Know What You Want
Before you venture into a relationship with any man you need to first define who you are, what you stand for, what your values are, where you are going, your likes, your dislikes, what makes you happy, what you’re afraid of, what makes you tick, what you love about yourself, what you don’t, what you want in a guy, what you don’t, what you want your future to look like, the kind of life you want to live. Bottomline-know yourself inside out ‘cos its very easy to lose your identity in a relationship. But beyond that, it’ll also be easy to know when someone isn’t meant for you or when someone is, when you deserve better or when you’re compromised.

I was engaged to this guy and wedding plans were already underway. I called the engagement off to the mortification and utter shock of friends who felt I had caught a really big fish; the kind of guy ladies would kill for and they couldn’t understand how I could be stupid enough to dump him back in the ocean. For everyone that asked why I did it, I remember telling them that after all the aso-ebi wearing; I was the one that would have to live with the guy. I looked into the future and didn’t like what I saw, and decided to do something about it before it was too late. If I didn’t know who I was and what I wanted out of life, I would’ve been a Mrs. somebody today, with a kid or two in tow, unhappy, discontent and resentful.

I believe the concept of Mr. Right is as mythical as Unicorns. No one person is perfectly suited to someone else. But there are basics, things that irrespective of class, age or temperament you shouldn’t compromise. To those of you who aren’t sure, here’s how to know you’re with the right person; don’t quote me though smiley

What’s His Belief System?
I’m not talking Christian or Muslim, I’m talking about his anchor, his spirituality, and morality; his interpretation of right and wrong, of human existence; his values and how they translate to everyday life. Where does he find meaning? What keeps him grounded? If he doesn’t have any, trust me darling, there’s no point. The end in his case, will always justify the means.

Does He Respect You?
I mean everything you are and what you stand for! Your family, your friends, your opinions, your dreams, your past, your career. I find that guys who are disrespectful of women are also psychologically and verbally abusive. This is even worse than physical abuse ‘cos you have no scars or injuries to prove it. Ladies in relationships like this have very poor self-esteem, are very indecisive, rarely share their opinions in public, find it hard to take compliments and feel like the least beautiful in the room. They do can do anything to get approval, never feel like they have, and end up feeling inadequate and undeserving.

Is He A Confident Person?
Can he hold his own during conversations or does he give you every reason under the sun why he can’t make it for the birthday party? Self-confidence is the most attractive quality a guy can possess. It transcends money; it’s the assurance a woman needs that tomorrow is going to be okay. Dating a guy who has a poor sense of worth for himself and his abilities can be very emotionally draining because he’s most likely going to project his dissatisfaction on you and eventually rob you of yours. Sometimes this lack of confidence manifests as egotism and chauvinism. If he feels the need to remind you he’s a guy and in charge of the relationship then there’s a problem. You’ll find that getting him to see things from your perspective or to listen to advice will be practically impossible ‘cos to him doing that is accepting you know better.

Does He Love You?
I mean love the way 1st Corinthians 13 defines it, not love like we know it to be these days. Love is a gut feeling, a knowing that you’ll be okay with him. It’s knowing you don’t have to bend over backwards to please him. When he doesn’t deploy reverse psychology to keep you in a perpetual state of guilt or dredge up long forgotten fights every time there’s a new one, when he’s not intimidated by your tall dreams and desire to want to be your own person and ensures you stay connected to those who matter to you, if he’s the first person you run to when you feel overwhelmed, if he keeps you focused and does not exploit your weaknesses or insecurities; then he loves you.

Is He Responsible?
Can he be held accountable? Can he be depended on? Will he keep his side of the agreement? Does he understand the spiritual, cultural and social duties he ought to perform? Does he understand his job description? In fact, does he know he has one? The same way some guys describe ladies as ‘take home to mama’ I feel there should be ‘take home to papa’ guys. The major reason why families are in such a state today is attributable to the utter irresponsibility of a majority of the male species. He cheats on his wife; it’s her fault. If she hadn’t put on so much weight he wouldn’t have noticed his secretary. The teenage son is caught doing drugs, it’s the mother’s fault; she didn’t bring him up properly. You’re doing the dishes and making breakfast and spring cleaning and loading the washer with a kid strapped on your back and he calls out to you in the kitchen, asking where the hell you kept the TV remote. Need I say more?

Where Is He Going?
What’s the big picture for him? Is he a dreamer? Does he see a future that excites you? Is he constantly seeking out opportunities and ways to make tomorrow better or is he counting the number of years it’ll take him to get to level 8 in the Nigerian Civil Service? If he’s not ambitious chances are he’ll try to keep you from reaching forward as well. The most damaging consequence for me is how fast you’ll lose respect for him and wish you ended up with someone else. Look for a guy who’s going somewhere, who is on a journey and believes the destination is in sight; your successes and achievements will be less intimidating.

The Money Equation
A young lady I know came to me and said she needed my advice. I listened. The story: There’s this guy who’s been on her case and wanted to go out with her. He’d gone to great lengths to get her number and was ‘toasting’ her relentlessly. He was a Muslim, in his thirties, said he wasn’t married, lived in a different city and had a lot of money. She told him to give her some time to think about it even though she already seemed predisposed to the idea. She wanted to know what to do. So I asked questions…

Do you want to go out with him?
Yes.

Why do you want to go out with him?
‘Cos I can go back to school (She had dropped out due to lack of funds) and I won’t have to worry about money anymore.

Hmmm...Ok.

He’s a muslim, you attend Redeemed. How do you want to cope with this?
Slumped shoulders.

Since money is the major reason why he’s attractive to you, what happens when someone with more money comes along?
Blink.
Blink.

I stopped asking questions. I hope my advice to her that day made a lasting impact.

I remember a friend of my elder sister’s saying she couldn’t date a guy if he didn’t live within the VGC axis. This was close to a decade ago. She’s still not married. The thing is, by the time the guy moves from Berger to Yaba to V/I to VGC, he’ll most likely be taken by some lady who wasn’t afraid to live in Berger. You may say stories abound of women who stood by struggling guys only for the guys to make it and ditch them or marry younger women. I’d say for every one of those, there’s a story with a happy ending. I’m not saying marry a broke ass, I’m saying, let the guy’s bank account not be the reason why you choose to be or not be with him…

This list is by no means exhaustive so feel free to share your comments.

To be continued...

©Naomi Lucas
http://naomilucas..com/2013/03/a-single-ladys-advice-to-single-ladies.html

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by 190: 3:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
bigfat08: [size=15pt]what of advice from a single guy to single ladies [/size]

grin grin grin
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Jonwesley(m): 3:57pm On Mar 30, 2013
I initially thought this writer was a male. Why are some female Nairalanders afraid to indicate if they are female here on their profile? Is it not a sign of hypocrisy? A response to a post can make better meaning if your sex is known as emotions and sentiments can be easily seen in our reaction to issues. You did a good job on this piece, but for hiding your sex from us, you receive my knocks.
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 30, 2013
Okworigeorge: Too long but nice write up. My advice to u nw, GET MARRIED SOON COS 4RM UR ARTICLE U SOUND 30+
Yes. And if she decides to follow every relationship dos and donts in her article, she is likely to remain single till is.....forever.
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2013
Jonwesley: I initially thought this writer was a male. Why are some female Nairalanders afraid to indicate if they are female here on their profile? Is it not a sign of hypocrisy? A response to a post can make better meaning if your sex is known as emotions and sentiments can be easily seen in our reaction to issues. You did a good job on this piece, but for hiding your sex from us, you receive my knocks.
Are you mad? Can't you see the name of the writer below the article?
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Gistaholic: 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2013
You are so on point OP. But it is high time people start internalizing these advices and walk the talk. For guys who say the piece is too long, some day, someone will write a life changing piece and you will be too lazy to read and miss an opportunity.
Nothing beats reading guys!
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 30, 2013
teejayreal: Passing by.
CHECK MA SIGNATURE TO GET THE DSTV SOFTWARE FOR UR P.C AND PHONES.
can it work for an N8 phone
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2013
Went to this lady's blog. She is even more guilty of the things shez accusing others of. Simply couldnt bear it undecided
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by MOBBDEEP: 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2013
jamace: Good piece here.

Meanwhile, I'm sad and surprised that some persons here can not read the full write-up, claiming it is too long. Then, how short do you want it to be? If this same write-up was about how to f.u.ck 2 sisters in one night, these same guys will read and underline every sentence, and even ask for more of the story.

On a friendly note, I will advise US to learn to read topical issues; yes, this write-up is topical as it a big issue in our society today.

Happy Easter!

My people, I tire oooooooo for these "It is too long" folks
Like you stated, go see their seriousness & reading zeal in threads like "I am a Sex-addict", "NYSC- National Year of Sex & Comfort" etc, you go laugh die.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by MOBBDEEP: 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
Olodostein:

Nice one... I can't quantify if it skipped the OP memory that to "settle down with someone" actually means to "put up with their attitude". It shows that she isn't entering the relationship WHOLEHEARTEDLY - which is the essence of a relationship or perhaps true love.

The OP tend to exhibit the characteristics of a narcissist. I am sorry to say.

Nope sir!, the OP is trying to say there are some values & ideals that are indispensable to the fulfilling/successful outcome of any relationship ( not only marriages ) irrespective of your personality, background, educational status, wealth, culture, gender etc

A selfless/non-narcissistic life does not include putting up with disrespect, being without purpose, wealth-driven life, insensitiveness, inconsiderate-spirit, immorality/unfaithfulness etc

2 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2013
Great piece! Love it kiss

1 Like

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by tantita(m): 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2013
tpia@:

this has to be one of the top silliest reasons not to date, that's ever been posted on this forum.

no offence.

so, if this lady refuses to consider anyone living outside VGC, she'll probably consider anyone from outside lagos itself, as haram.

maybe she just doesnt want to marry, and is making up excuses for those who were asking why.
...maybe she wld conside som1 frm agege..post menopause.
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by tantita(m): 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2013
Dnt worry u still gt age ur side wn u don de approach 40 n ur mother n frnds don de use u shine..u go dish al dos doctor Phil advice u cl personal principles n settle for even terrorist..#gt ma eye on u#

1 Like

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
MOBBDEEP:

Nope sir!, the OP is trying to say there are some values & ideals that are indispensable to the fulfilling/successful outcome of any relationship ( not only marriages ) irrespective of your personality, background, educational status, wealth, culture, gender etc

A selfless/non-narcissistic life does not include putting up with disrespect, being without purpose, wealth-driven life, insensitiveness, inconsiderate-spirit, immorality/unfaithfulness etc

Dear Sir,

I grasp where the OP is coming from and thank you for expatiating more on that cool. However, we are only tackling the SYMPTOMS of the whole issue and not the ROOT causes that brought the symptoms in the first place.

This is essence of my posts.

As per 'Narcissistic' part, We are all a work in progress. No one is perfect. The central theme is -- Change is constant-- as long as we are willing to change. Learning is a lifelong process as well as relationship. You grow in it. The bottom line is to recognize our weaknesses and strengths, ask God for guidance to change the things we can and to recognize the things we cannot....

In our today's society, people tend to judge people at first glance based on what they wear, phones they use, cliques they hang out with and funnily calling phony phoneee swag... Haha....There are certain things expected of you to conform to, join the bandwagon. It pollutes the society psyche understanding of basic things, most importantly marriage and relationships. Those are contrary to what makes a True marriage institution work.....

I could give more examples but because of time, we will leave that for another thread.

God bless your Easter smiley
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Legalplayerz: 5:47pm On Mar 30, 2013
Story Story...
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by lordlinton: 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
I luv dat
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by claremont(m): 6:21pm On Mar 30, 2013
The problem with todays' relationships is basically people trying to tailor-make their relationship according to specific objective criteria they read about; unbeknownst to them, it really shouldn't be that complicated. In the days of our ancestors, a relationship was purely based on mutual compatibility and each party accepting their roles, but alas, today we have all sorts of criteria that people say we MUST follow for our relationship to work. An irony if you ask me, considering that more relationships fail these days for petty reasons as compared to the days of our ancestors.

In my opinion, mutual compatibility should be the one and only key ingredient.

1 Like

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by obowunmi(m): 6:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
^^^ I concur...even science can't explain compatibility. If you connect with someone, you just do. It just happens. The challenge however comes, because that connection may not last forever, this is where you have to work on the relationship. To maintain and keep that bond. Sometimes, spouses can "outgrow" each other.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by honeeyplum(f): 6:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
bcomputer101: @OP, please summaries it for ♍e in just two lines...

And if you refuse to do that, i will pay Seun $10 to remove it from front page...

i belive Seun will surely remove because he is not use to hard currency...

SUMMARY PLEASE!

Virus, finally I ve to agree dat U̶̲̥̅̊ no well
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
Horayce:

Anyone can do this
its just a way to give young women focus in their relationships consequently preventing them from men that lack standards,not necessarily a note for marriage,abeg read in between the lines and stop being a mediocre joor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Unblock Your Blocked Instagram Account / Relationships are Overrated / See Fine Brea*sts With Stretch Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.