Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies (24010 Views)

Checkout This Lady's Advice To Ladies About Cheating Men (Screenshot) / A Letter To Single Guys / A Single Lady's Advice To Married Women! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by TeeSeven(m): 1:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
Good job @op. Sadly though, women are simply not 'wired' to reason out things logically like you just laid it out. My heart really goes after ladies that have to make this 'life changing' decision of choosing a life-partner and yet have their reasoning beclouded with the inadequacies of feminine logicism. I wish them God's guidance.
And for you @op, I wish you the very best is finding YOUR man.

1 Like

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
Long thing...
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 30, 2013
Eh...e make sense but there are certain things wrong with this post:
1. E too long. Time no dey to dey read all this one na
2. You are searching for Mr. Perfect and there is no such thing as a perfect guy.
3. The post too long angry

1 Like

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
bcomputer101: @OP, please summaries it for ♍e in just two lines...

And if you refuse to do that, i will pay Seun $10 to remove it from front page...

i belive Seun will surely remove because he is not use to hard currency...

SUMMARY PLEASE!

whoa is your ADHD that bad ? what if you were told to read a Proposal for an IT Project, would you request for one in 140 Characters, i guess you can hide info from a blackman...............................................in a long boring textbook.

1 Like

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by crackhaus: 1:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
So my question to you poster is, which of your written options made you call off your engagement? Just curious...

1 Like

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Okworigeorge(m): 1:05pm On Mar 30, 2013
Too long but nice write up. My advice to u nw, GET MARRIED SOON COS 4RM UR ARTICLE U SOUND 30+
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by youngbest(m): 1:06pm On Mar 30, 2013
Very nice write up, i like that this is something real in our community and not like other articles that people cut and paste here pertaining to other communities. Keep it up.
It's kind of shameful for someone to write that this post is too long and they cant read it, i see people doing that a lot on Nairaland without shame. You can read but yet if its not two lines then its too much, why did you learn to read in the first place? was it not to enjoy the act of reading?

6 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by okemmadu(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2013
. smiley
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by passionate88: 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
Nice write up @op.. I dey tell some gals say no 2 luk money b4 u marry, luk d ambition of d guy.. Some gals make tall demands of dia guy like tall dark rich handsome, etc. If u c such a guy u go toast am?, wat of if u no b im type nko?, again u r ryt @op abt d perfect guy, no guy dey perfect, e must get comma for somewhere.. Bt y gals too like marriage sef?.

1 Like

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by anitank(f): 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
There's no such thing as the perfect guy

My friend once said that if a guy has 50% of what u want in a man, u have to compromise to the remaining 50%, cos if u sit around waiting for one man with all that qualities u mentioned above, u'd likely get old and wrinkled before u even realize it

A guy could love u and still not be the confident type. He could have respect for you but would rather stick to his own decisions than take advices from u. Some of them have all these qualities yet their marriages hit the rocks in a few years.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by jamace(m): 1:12pm On Mar 30, 2013
Good piece here.

Meanwhile, I'm sad and surprised that some persons here can not read the full write-up, claiming it is too long. Then, how short do you want it to be? If this same write-up was about how to f.u.ck 2 sisters in one night, these same guys will read and underline every sentence, and even ask for more of the story.

On a friendly note, I will advise US to learn to read topical issues; yes, this write-up is topical as it a big issue in our society today.

Happy Easter!

8 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by lolaluv1(f): 1:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
@op
This is a classic piece! Well done....

1 Like

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Cecero(m): 1:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
Tx op 4 d edifying piece. I'm richer reading ur article.
I indeed wonder in utter amazement where this 'fast generation' is fastly headed to? If this simple piece is so much so big 4u 2read dt u come hia 2post silly comments dt only tend 2accentuate ur vanity, then I really really smh @ds 'leaders (readers) of 2moro.

4 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
[quote
author=micki83]
Our reading culture is truly dying/dead. Most ppl fail to realise that
being too lazy to read an article might just deprive u of some important
lessons that culd aid u at some point in ur life(I'm also guilty of d
same thing sometimes,I admit).however,even if u can't read an entire
article,u culd skim thru it(I believe we all learnt that in English
language class).the article made a lot of sense.good one,O.P.[/quote] GBAM!

1 Like

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Sike(m): 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2013
Too long to read. Please Excuse me.
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by free2ryhme: 1:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
let me see him hide this post

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by anonimi: 1:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
Okworigeorge: Too long but nice write up. My advice to u nw, GET MARRIED SOON COS 4RM UR ARTICLE U SOUND 30+

Is marriage COMPULSORY
Please respond with sound basis.
Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by An0nimus: 1:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
phaya: @op I think u just spoilt most guys 'show'
Please explain this undecided
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by passionate88: 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2013
anitank: There's no such thing as the perfect guy

My friend once said that if a guy has 50% of what u want in a man, u have to compromise to the remaining 50%, cos if u sit around waiting for one man with all that qualities u mentioned above, u'd likely get old and wrinkled before u even realize it
chai, so una knw something like this una refuse to dey tell d gals?, make una dey hammer am 4 dia ear till e enter dia head na, make una dey preach am, pt am 4 una bb status or even fb post, that ur frnd na wise gal.. She use d head wey God give ha take do better thing

1 Like

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by jidemojola(m): 1:29pm On Mar 30, 2013
Nice piece op but you forgot to include prayer for divine direction.
I heard about the pathetic story of a lady who met Mr right after putting into consideration most of the points discussed by the poster.They got married and lo and behold she discovered that the guy had been married with children back in the uk.
Our single ladies need to go down on their kneels after every physical observation/investigation and ask God for the spirit to unravel any hidden fact that would bring sadness into the relationship.
She might get the revelation in the dream and what she need to do is confront the guy,definitely with the help of the holy spirit he should confess.
May the lord open the inner eyes of our single ladies to be able to see beyond the physical.

4 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by honeric01(m): 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2013
nice, even applicable to men too.

1 Like

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
Shame on you if you couldn't get yourself to read this post. Can't believe how lazy we've become in this country towards reading. Funny enough some people are praying for the death of our leaders and a better Nigeria. At this rate, it can only get worse.
Nice article OP. Very articulate. Sadly, like someone pointed out, 90% of girls between 18-23 don't reason this way. They only start realising their mistakes when its too late.
I can count over 20 girls who have undergone heartbreaks, abusive relationships and are even married to a very terrible man. Yet they all turned down responsible men at one point or the other for one silly reason.
Keep preaching it. Those wey go hear go hear.

4 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
Tee_Seven: Good job @op. Sadly though, women are simply not 'wired' to reason out things logically like you just laid it out. My heart really goes after ladies that have to make this 'life changing' decision of choosing a life-partner and yet have their reasoning beclouded with the inadequacies of feminine logicism. I wish them God's guidance.
And for you @op, I wish you the very best is finding YOUR man.

I also like the poster's write up BUT I don't fully agree with you.
When it comes to choosing a partner it's NOT all about reason but also about feelings. That is what makes it so hard to find THE RIGHT ONE. Many times women meet men who would be great husbands when you consider them with logic and reason but the problem is they don't feel anything for them. Other times they fall in love but know that the person is not a good choice when it comes to marriage. It's very hard to find the one that makes you THINK and FEEL he is the right one. It's the quarrel between your mind and your heart that makes it so hard.

9 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by SisiKill1: 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2013
When will people stop defining others by their own kind?

I'm reading comments from guys with words like "women are not wired to think like that" and "women are not logical"....look I can't say there aren't women who aren't logical, I can't say that because I haven't met all women. However I can say that many women are logical because all the women I know are.

Now if it's only illogical women you know because it is only illogical women you are capable of associating with that's your issue. If it is only women who are wired like dumbos you are aware of because that's the crowd you roll with...that's your palaver....just don't come here painting all women in the same light.

Women are not logical they type with their stubby fingers on a thread written by a woman. Women are not logical from the same people who will insult a woman and tell her she is too picky or she is full of herself if she attempted to put these rules to practice.....talk about illogical.

4 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by pendusky(m): 2:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
free2ryhme:

what do u expect from a woman's handbag angry
and another homo... grin
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Fadheelah(f): 2:10pm On Mar 30, 2013
iamswizz: can someone pls tell me the moral lesson of this post?

I think Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ should read it 10 times over, then Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ W̶̲̥̅̊Iι̥ι̥ get the moral lesson. aπϑ if after that u still cannot figure out the moral lesson(s), then u are on Ɣ☺ΰя own. Olodo oshi.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Fadheelah(f): 2:11pm On Mar 30, 2013
iamswizz: can someone pls tell me the moral lesson of this post?
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by deols(f): 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2013
Who no go learn no go learn.
Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by obowunmi(m): 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2013
while we have a responsibility to do all of this...... I think that getting married is a gift from God. You can't force the hands of God - no matter the amount of rules you follow.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by Fadheelah(f): 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2013
yamunla: All this theories don tire Man pikin o..everyday na so so New new advice about Man and Woman..

If Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊. are so keen about making Ɣ☺ΰя relationship work, if Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ have any, a little harmless advice wouldn't be too much.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Lady's Advice To Single Ladies by blackbeau1(f): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2013
Nice advice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Prove My Love To My Gf? / Why Relationship Is A Scam / Black Beauties, You Are Beautiful!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.