Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday (24214 Views)

Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics / PICS:Church Members Carry Their Pastor Because His Feet Must Not Touch The Floor / Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by HonKontigi: 6:16am On Mar 29, 2013
hurricaneChris: Tears dropped my eyes as I watched this! If the Pope has such love for prisoners, who are we as a country not to pardon our ex-convicts who have shown remorse.

"A new commandment I give you; love ur neighbor as I have loved you"
If ex-convicts deserve pardon it should be ALL ex-convict, not just those with political connections.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by yomalex(m): 6:20am On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel: Deception.

Jesuits are dangerous.

This MAN wants to bring all Christians under mother church , and guess what, many , many will be deceived.

"For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect." - Mark 13:22

Mario Monti
Mario Draghi
Herman von Rumpoy
Bergoglio (the new pope)
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by deandavid(m): 6:34am On Mar 29, 2013
What the pope has done, is being done every holy thursday every in every catholic church all over the world for over 2000 years, he (pope) just took it further by going to the prisoners, so that other clergy men will follow. The church has endured all sort of persecution, from the begining, but you know what, the gate of hell, can never prevail against her. All you protestants running ur mouth in ignorance, the church didnt start,when living faith church or redeemed church or fire on the church started, so shut ur mouths and learn from the holy father. I know, some wise pastors will copy the pope's gesture very soon. If na tb joshua or oyedipo do dis 1 now una go say na gud tin, but as na catholic church na show. My faith is too powerful, full of controversy to argue abt, but the most suprising thing is that, the church still dey increase to the glory of God
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by fabj1(m): 6:44am On Mar 29, 2013
i still remain christocentric. Pope, yeah, 9ice 1.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by GeebeeM(m): 6:46am On Mar 29, 2013
Red-Light:
kinda gay undecided
this is nt done just by the Pope in Rome but the whole Catholic Churches in d World. May God nt count wat u and other critics are saying against u. Amen
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Chynx(m): 6:48am On Mar 29, 2013
Keep it up...u lousy unbelievers. At least hell has to be occupied.

Please dear Christians, stand firm with God, for you surely shall reap your reward.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by irokobest(m): 6:59am On Mar 29, 2013
kessyur: I am glad u acknowledge the church as the mother church, hence the reason for all to be brought in. "Ewobi" like u.

matt. 24: 24,11
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 29, 2013

Jesuits are dangerous.

This MAN wants to bring all Christians under mother church , and guess what, many , many will be deceived.

"For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect." - Mark 13:22
Did i read Mother Church? then you are still roaming around those mushroom houses called church.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by ogayor: 7:34am On Mar 29, 2013
Kingslaw: Humility.
But,hope he won't stop it after some years?

Remember that he will age as years pass by. If he stops after some years it wont be as a result of other thing than age and strength.
This is humility in simplicity. I admire him
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 29, 2013
brosss: A lesson for all!
yap 4real, instead of criticising why not learn frm it.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by dammytosh: 7:39am On Mar 29, 2013

Read about him. The pope is humble to a fault.

As arch bishop, he takes a public vehicle to work every morning (He is entitled to a LIMO)

He does not live in the palace

He cooks his food alone.

etc.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by mrofficial2(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2013
Geebee-M:

this is nt done just by the Pope in Rome but the whole Catholic Churches in d World. May God nt count wat u and other critics are saying against u. Amen

He didn't say anything is wrong with what the pope did. He only pointed out that it looks gay, which I also agree with him.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 29, 2013
First he calls himself the head of the church, a title only jesus should bear,now he's washing the feet of 12 prisoners - is he now the new jesus christ or perhaps antichrist?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Ferdinandu(m): 7:48am On Mar 29, 2013

Jesuits are dangerous.

Father! please forgive him for he does not know what he is saying
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Parnassuss(m): 7:50am On Mar 29, 2013

He actually did this before and was known for his humility

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Reference(m): 7:55am On Mar 29, 2013
Billyonaire: The Pope washing the legs or Prisoners and kissing their sinful legs depicts the humility of Christ Jesus, we witnessed such gesture a few weeks back when GEJ pardoned Alamco.

GEJ had no spiritual authority to do that. It is righteousness that exalts a nation, the promotion of wrongdoing destroys. When Jesus forgave the condemned man on the cross it was for his sins because the man confessed them (first) and acknowledged Jesus. But guess what. He was not pardoned of the crime. By Roman law he was to die and he died.

God's law stands above any other but He respects the laws of men where there is no conflict. Alams sinned against both God and man.

Hope he has settled with God sha.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by mikyke(m): 7:57am On Mar 29, 2013
hurricaneChris: Tears dropped my eyes as I watched this! If the Pope has such love for prisoners, who are we as a country not to pardon our ex-convicts who have shown remorse.

"A new commandment I give you; love ur neighbor as I have loved you"

Is the pope bigger than a nation? He's just follow the steps of Christ who washed the feet of his
Disciples before His crucifixion. The pope washing and cleaning their feet does show their remorse but the pope's intent to teach christians to be indeed "christ-like". Bros this is nijja how can you tell prisoners who indeed are remorseful for their evil deeds as some do go back to the same crime they commited following their release.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by fruityjojo(f): 8:02am On Mar 29, 2013
John13 vs 1-20. Jesus wahes his Diciples feet on d nite b4 he was crucified. "I, your Lord and Teacher, have just washed your feet. You then, should wash one another's feet. I have set an Example 4 u......[color=#990000] its funny how peeps are quick 2 quote ohh thou false prophets nd Demons! May God 4give u!
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by otokx(m): 8:03am On Mar 29, 2013
looks like cheap publicity if true.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by mikyke(m): 8:04am On Mar 29, 2013
hurricaneChris:

I guess he wants to impress ur wretched life!

Damn!! Why wud d Pope do "eye service"
His not a political figure. He had nothing to lose if he hadn't done it, except his spiritual obligations....which ur visionless life has no business which.

Get a life bro, and stop hating!
On that ℓA̲̅ѕ† day many surprises would be in stock for you. The pope is also a human and not a saint yet.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Positiveminds(m): 8:05am On Mar 29, 2013
Nwa_Nimo: Sales gimmick . . .

If na 'naija pope' him go kiss person sh.iite self for 'collections'.

Na wayo . . . .
Some of you will perish because of cheer foolishness!
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Emmy9ite(m): 8:05am On Mar 29, 2013
The pope is an epitome of humility. I so much respect him. This has inspired me to show more love to my neighbours
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Positiveminds(m): 8:10am On Mar 29, 2013
qhiwegh:

R u a learner? He is not ordained by God but by a bunch of old white racist men who have never gotten laid!

Spiritual and physical death await you, unless you repent, oh man of blasphemy.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by HARDDON: 8:12am On Mar 29, 2013
What an astute religious pirouette

Unfortunately, Christianity is no religion. Rada a way of life
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by gameboy727(m): 8:14am On Mar 29, 2013
Those hating and persecuting the Catholic Church where una dey? God bless the Pope, Church, Nigeria and all faithfuls. Amen
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by kosire(m): 8:22am On Mar 29, 2013
loosers, continue deceiving urselves, u all knw d truth, and only the truth can set u free. he is imitating his master's humble way. BIG UP POPE FRANCIS. YOJ ARE A REAL MAN OF GOD. GOD BLESS THE HOLY MOTHER CHURCH(CATHOLIC), GOD BLESS THE POPE,THE BISHOP, THE REV. FATHERS, REV. SISTERS AND THE WHOLE CATHOLIC FAMILY.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Signs A Person Loves Money Too Much / 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.