Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,796 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1494915 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2013
Haykayfarm: datz true bt those agents always buy as low as #5, and when i av farmers dat ar wiling 2 pay #10 then i sell them my best seeds and then sell d rest 2 the agents. simple

GBAM!!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 7:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
miqos02: @all, how i do i avoid infections after feeding maggots to fishes

How old are they?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
ab1x:

How old are they?
10 weeks from fingerlings
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
miqos02: 10 weeks from fingerlings

You should make use of salt to treat them. Whenever you drain their water, try as much as possible to spread the salt all over your pond and leave them for few minutes before pumping fresh water in.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by samshoz(m): 11:04am On Nov 10, 2013
robonski15: HELLO HOUSE!!!

DEVINE COOPERATIVE SOCIETY WILL BE HOLDING THEIR MEETING ON THE 10th OF NOVEMBER, THIS SATURDAY BY 10am PROMPT.. INTERESTED PERSONS SHOULD CONTACT ME ASAP..

THANKS
I attended yesterday, members were given feeds and had acess to fingerlings at an unbelievable discount. They are some of d benefits d society partnership with govt enjoy. They also help with members with unsold stock etc.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
ab1x:

You should make use of salt to treat them. Whenever you drain their water, try as much as possible to spread the salt all over your pond and leave them for few minutes before pumping fresh water in.
every time i change the water?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
miqos02: every time i change the water?

Maybe twice in a month depending on the kind of pond you make use of though
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
ab1x:

Maybe twice in a month depending on the kind of pond you make use of though
i use concrete and plastic tanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
miqos02: i use concrete and plastic tanks

Since u've decided to feed your fish with maggot, u will need to treat them with salt whenever u change their water. This is to prevent any disease outbreak which may terminate the life of your fish. You can't feed your fish through out with maggots. I don't usually advise people to make use of maggot since the process is cumbersome and one can even contact disease from the kitchen shi.t. Fish farming biz has gone beyong straining yourself or using shortcut, there are ways you can reduce the cost of feeds and still make huge profit.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 5:05am On Nov 11, 2013
ab1x:

Since u've decided to feed your fish with maggot, u will need to treat them with salt whenever u change their water. This is to prevent any disease outbreak which may terminate the life of your fish. You can't feed your fish through out with maggots. I don't usually advise people to make use of maggot since the process is cumbersome and one can even contact disease from the kitchen shi.t. Fish farming biz has gone beyong straining yourself or using shortcut, there are ways you can reduce the cost of feeds and still make huge profit.
no its just to supplement feeding, pls share other ways of reducing costs and making more profit
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Civory(m): 6:44am On Nov 11, 2013
Hello all? I have good news for those who do not wish to go through all the stress and risk of catfish farming by way of investment. If you invest as low as 100k you will get 20k every 5 months for 2 years. And your ROI. Will be 200k at the end of 2 years. If you are interested I will take you to the farm. It's a well established farm that has been in existence for over 15years and I have had my own investment their since 2009 and there's been no regret. You will see it for your self. Contact me 293794ED or 08025362660

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nairamaniac: 9:36am On Nov 11, 2013
Civory: Hello all? I have good news for those who do not wish to go through all the stress and risk of catfish farming by way of investment. If you invest as low as 100k you will get 20k every 5 months for 2 years. And your ROI. Will be 200k at the end of 2 years. If you are interested I will take you to the farm. It's a well established farm that has been in existence for over 15years and I have had my own investment their since 2009 and there's been no regret. You will see it for your self. Contact me 293794ED or 08025362660
we r here to learn how to fish. Not to eat free-fish or invest in other people's fishing-knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 10:37am On Nov 11, 2013
miqos02: no its just to supplement feeding, pls share other ways of reducing costs and making more profit

Give your fish enough floating feeds before changing to a local feeds. To reduce cost, make use of 20% FM on 100KG.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
ok
ab1x:

Give your fish enough floating feeds before changing to a local feeds. To reduce cost, make use of 20% FM on 100KG.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ijobaorun(m): 7:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
ab1x:

Pls like how many kg of salt can I add to a pond containing 1000 fishes and how often (say weeks or months interval)? Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ijobaorun:
Pls like how many kg of salt can I add to a pond containing 1000 fishes and how often (say weeks or months interval)? Thanks.

What kind of pond are u using? How old are they? Please let me know.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 7:45am On Nov 12, 2013
Where can I get a net(fishing net),want to use it to cover my new pond to prevent predators?the ones I've been seeing are fakes that can't be used more than twice.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 7:45am On Nov 12, 2013
Where can I get a good net(fishing net),want to use it to cover my new pond to prevent predators?the ones I've been seeing are fakes that can't be used more than twice.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ijobaorun(m): 9:38am On Nov 12, 2013
ab1x:

What kind of pond are u using? How old are they? Please let me know.
I make use of earthen pond and they are 5weeks from fingerling.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 10:19am On Nov 12, 2013
Ijobaorun:
I make use of earthen pond and they are 5weeks from fingerling.

When they clock 8 weeks, you can change their water and use 10Kilo of salt to treat them.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 10:26am On Nov 12, 2013
TOKUGAWA: Where can I get a net(fishing net),want to use it to cover my new pond to prevent predators?the ones I've been seeing are fakes that can't be used more than twice.

The one that I use is per harvest. I think it is better you get the one u call fake and u used it per harvest. Perhaps, it is just 4K and you can use it for like 2-5 times depending on the size of ur pond. I don't like repeating net because it can cause sickness to the fish.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
The fake nets gets torn at the slightest.The size of my pond is 50/50 ft.By the way where can I get one in shagamu(ijebu axis or Agege axis.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 2:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
TOKUGAWA: The fake nets gets torn at the slightest.The size of my pond is 50/50 ft.By the way where can I get one in shagamu(ijebu axis or Agege axis.

The one you talked about has killed 5 snakes within a month in my farm. You can get it at Oyingbo shopping complex at Ijebu Ode or any shop that sells floating feeds.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Aleshyto(m): 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2013
ab1x:

The one you talked about has killed 5 snakes within a month in my farm. You can get it at Oyingbo shopping complex at Ijebu Ode or any shop that sells floating feeds.
pls my fish is just 4weeks from juvenile, currently they are eating 3mm, when shld i change to local feed? When to change ther water? Im using earthen pond, any treatment after changing their water?? Tanx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
Aleshyto: pls my fish is just 4weeks from juvenile, currently they are eating 3mm, when shld i change to local feed? When to change ther water? Im using earthen pond, any treatment after changing their water?? Tanx

You can change their water and treat them with salt as soon as they finish with the present bag they are eating. You can then switch to local feeds. Make use of the formular that I recommended in my previous post on this thread and come back few weeks after to come and give testimony.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Aleshyto(m): 9:55pm On Nov 12, 2013
ab1x:

You can change their water and treat them with salt as soon as they finish with the present bag they are eating. You can then switch to local feeds. Make use of the formular that I recommended in my previous post on this thred and come back few weeks after to come and give testimony.
pls repost the formular sir, i am very greatful sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dapix: 8:55am On Nov 13, 2013
@abx1, please can the salt treatment be used for concrete ponds too? How many Kilograms and hope it wont kill the fish cause I know they dont like salt. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by DBounty(m): 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
Veery urgent!!! Helo house,anyone who can supply juveniles 40k pcs NO RUNTS PLS!. Contact 08150762813. ASAP
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Aleshyto(m): 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
ab1x:

You can change their water and treat them with salt as soon as they finish with the present bag they are eating. You can then switch to local feeds. Make use of the formular that I recommended in my previous post on this thread and come back few weeks after to come and give testimony.
pls i need the formula, i am about to make local feed for my fish, a very good formular, tanx sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 2:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
dapix: @abx1, please can the salt treatment be used for concrete ponds too? How many Kilograms and hope it wont kill the fish cause I know they dont like salt. Thanks.

Yes, you can use salt to treat ur fish in concrete pond too. The amount of salt depends on the size of ur pond and how many pieces of fish u have therein. You will make sure there is water in the pond to cover your fish before applying salt.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 2:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
Aleshyto: pls i need the formula, i am about to make local feed for my fish, a very good formular, tanx sir

FM 50, TS 15, GNC 15, Biscuit 20, vit c 100grams, salt 1, premix 0.5, lysine 0.5, dcp 1, molasis 10
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayosat(m): 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
robonski15:

I have never sold fingerlings or juvenile to anyone on this thread b4 niether has ab1x sold too.. The question is who always advertise fingerlings and juvenile on every catfish thread??.. All fingers points down to AYOSAT and AQUATIC1... Its none other than one of these two people... Tokugawa rightly said the fellow also shares inputs on this thread, and I don't think ayosat is active on this thread like aquatic1..

Mr tokugawa pls identify the person and let's thrash out issues here.. Thanks
hi fellow farmers.[quote author=robonski.. please people try to get your facts well before pointing acusing fingers to someone. The fact that i dont participate regularly does not mean that i dont go thru the pages from time to time when i have time. All that took my time is to make sure that my customers gets the best, and how i wish to be here to contribute, but not to compromise. But thank GOD non of my customers ever complain about my stock or else they wont keep coming back, because it not about selling only, i always ask about the space in which it is going to be kept and i always give instrutions on how they should manage it when i sell my fish. I dont sell runts and i dont sell sick fish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.