Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? (36922 Views)

Bisi Alimi, His Mum And His Fiance Pictured Together / Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by SpicyMimi(f): 2:26pm On Mar 29, 2013
Hi my fellow Nairalanders,

okay, i have this friend who has been dating her guy for some few months now, and he also has plans of getting married to her but has never bought her any gift nor has he cared about her needs finacially. I personally told her the guy is a stingy guy and things might get ugly after marriage, but then again i might be wrong, so i need you all to share your views on this.

Also, would love to have answers to the following questions:

1. When should a guy start spending on a girl? ''For your info am not a gold-digger, i hardly collect stuffs from my boyfriend but atleast am glad he isnt the stingy type''

2. Why do guys so much believe in the word 'Give and take'?

3. Who should call more?

And for the Ladies, you could also tell us what and what your boyfriends or fiance's is doing or has done as per being in a relationship with him, same with the Male folks as well.

Note- Forming is allowed. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by akposdude(m): 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
whose responsibilities when ur girl or fiancee? got pregnant for anoda guy

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by SpicyMimi(f): 2:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
sad i don't know...
Hmm...they could both share the responsibilities. The fiance and the father of her baby, after all there is love in sharing. wink smiley

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by SpicyMimi(f): 3:20pm On Mar 29, 2013
angry
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Born2beRich1(m): 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2013
@OP, to your number 2 question, i believe most guys beleive in give and take because dem don suffer taya before dey get the money...

So for him to spend money finish for girl make the girl come dey say 'thanks i will see you next week' the guy no go gree...

If na you, you go gree

However, it is best that both should share the responsibilities with the man handling the bigger part...

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by SlyIg(f): 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2013
Boyfriend na for maintenance na.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by momodub: 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2013
wink
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by jhydebaba(m): 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2013
Nigerian Police and Nigerian Girls are the same. They visit u, u pay. U visit them, u pay. Either way, u lose something.

56 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by devigblegble: 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2013
I don't do relationship I only nak akpako so if u ask me the responsibility of naking akpako I will tell ya grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2013
To make her moan...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by SlyIg(f): 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2013
Op, Hope its not your true live story cos i see no good reason you should be taking panadol for another woman's headache. After all, you won't be the one in that marital home that you're worrying yourself over!

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by psamcin: 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2013
Give and take is the best rule, not give and give. Naija gals can demand!

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2013
He has no responsibility. He isn't married to her. If the girl wants gifts, she should go and work.

Why is it always in Nigeria that a girl thinks she can laze around and expect a guy to fulfil her every need because she has one watery t0t0 angry

Nonsense

105 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2013
jhydebaba: Nigerian Police and Nigerian Girls are the same. They visit u, u pay. U visit them, u pay. Either way, u lose something.
* dies

1 Like

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by naijaobi(m): 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2013
@OP, i know u r the one dat has d problem and not ur friend like u claim... U better say d truth so dat we knw wia to start helping u...

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by valdubem(m): 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2013
The main responsiblity is phucking. That's the main thing, any other one is secondary

1 Like

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2013
Responsibility of bf or fiance is very simple

[size=48pt]NA TO APPLY DAILY SCREWDRIVER & GIVE HER BELLE[/size]

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2013
How the hell do these threads make front page?

SpicyMimi: Hi my fellow Nairalanders,

okay, i have this friend who has been dating her guy for some few months now, and he also has plans of getting married to her but has never bought her any gift nor has he cared about her needs finacially. I personally told her the guy is a stingy guy and things might get ugly after marriage, but then again i might be wrong, so i need you all to share your views on this.

1. When should a guy start spending on a girl? ''For your info am not a gold-digger, i hardly collect stuffs from my boyfriend but atleast am glad he isnt the stingy type''

3. Who should call more?

And for the Ladies, you could also tell us what and what your boyfriends or fiance's is doing or has done as per being in a relationship with him, same with the Male folks as well.

Dear OP,
How convenient for you to suddenly reduce your friend's relationship to just one thing - Money.

1. When should a guy start spending on a girl?
It is not the primary responsibility of your boyfriend to "spend" on you. Infact when a guy starts by "spending" there is a huge probability he wants to "give and take". People are different and I am sure there are happily married couples out there whose husbands do not just dole out candy at every opportunity. Your friends parents/guardians are still alive presume or she should have a job to primarily take care of her, it's her responsibility.

2. Why guys believe in Give and take?
No guy who wants you in a serious relationship would be thinking of give and take. It's ladies like you who have formed the opinion that a guy who is a spendthrift is the correct guy and the more conservative guy is stingy. At that point it ain't rocket science, services has been paid for in cash, the payee expects service in kind for the pizza or the blackberry z10 he bought, simples.

3. Who should call more undecided undecided

My advice is go back and look out for the important things in a mans character that would make him a solid rock for you tomorrow instead of chasing flimsy things like who spends on you or not. Men do not want a financial or even an intellectual liability at home, grow your sense of pride as an individual most especially as a lady and whatever you do kindly stop advising your friend or anyone on what makes a marriage ugly.

Cheers.

72 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2013
psamcin: Give and take is the best rule, not give and give. Naija gals can demand!

The demand nor be small, my brother
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by valdubem(m): 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
SlyIg: Boyfriend na for maintenance na.

See ur mouth like maintanance

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Royou: 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
The only responsibility is to be faithful to the relationship! If u get gifts and all - cool! If it doesn't - that's life!a relationship is not a welfare system; friendship is about looking out for each other-all parties must learn to give-it should even be competitive!the average nigerian woman only wants to receive an ipad and buy u a swimming short!it won't work!

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2013
yea, to maintain ur punny after it has slacked. U need rubber to make it tight so dat u can have a fiance and tink u are responsible?

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Morgan1092(m): 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2013
SpicyMimi:

okay, i have this friend who has been dating her guy for some few months now, and he also has plans of getting married to her but has never bought her any gift nor has he cared about her needs finacially. I personally told her the guy is a stingy guy and things might get ugly after marriage, but then again i might be wrong grin
D reason 4 going in2 any relationship shld nt be based on gettn financial help only. Like wht u told ur frnd wht if d guy doesn't hav d money? Hav u nt seen an affair wia d lady is supportn d guy financially? Relationship is al abt ur emotions, feelings & preparing 4 marriage. And nt an avenue of lukn 4 financial support.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by otokx(m): 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2013
First of all lets give glory to God that 9ja boys don dey wise up. Finally we give God praise that 9ja girls will soon learn to stop pocknosing in oda peoples business.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by vanstanzy(m): 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2013
SpicyMimi: Hi my fellow Nairalanders,

3. Who should call more?

Is this a "trick" question? Are u trying to catch me in a lie? angry
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by karpentar: 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2013

You're damn right, but the door swings both ways. You maintain me as a guy and I return the favor with cash and gifts. Simple life, but girls always want to make it so complex! I don't know why?
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by premlove(m): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
pDude: He has no responsibility. He isn't married to her. If the girl wants gifts, she should go and work.

Why is it always in Nigeria that a girl thinks she can laze around and expect a guy to fulfil her every need because she has one watery t0t0 angry

Nonsense
na wao u dey vex o
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by carlos1(m): 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2013
pDude: He has no responsibility. He isn't married to her. If the girl wants gifts, she should go and work.

Nonsense

Pdud, U r so so on point, Let her go and work !

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by tivta(m): 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2013
Royou: The only responsibility is to be faithful to the relationship! If u get gifts and all - cool! If it doesn't - that's life!a relationship is not a welfare system; friendship is about looking out for each other-all parties must learn to give-it should even be competitive!the average nigerian woman only wants to receive an ipad and buy u a swimming short!it won't work!

Bros watch out oh, the female liabilities here will soon start calling you stingy.
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 29, 2013
See As I love and mumu reach.. I bought my GF a blackberry, me i no get one oh...i even load d bis sometimes even when i can't afford to sort my own needs...she just called me to tell me she needs to upgrade her phone.. wetin i go do? don't forget sa i no get bb battery oh..God go help nija girls
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by kavey10(m): 4:10pm On Mar 29, 2013
Oh no! I clicked on a dumb thread AGAIN! WTF nah? And for the record you sound bi.tchy and a wicked friend. "I TOLD HER THAT HER MAN IS STINGY BUT I MAY BE WRONG" (can't quote it word-for-word, it irks me). Abeg, shharrap!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by vanstanzy(m): 4:10pm On Mar 29, 2013

This is an unpleasant sign of what is to come when they get married,that is, assuming ur friend is not being

economical with the truth. wink wink wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Jane Mena Shares 10 Years Throwback Photos / Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money / Can A Prostitute Make A Good Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.