Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? (36971 Views)

Bisi Alimi, His Mum And His Fiance Pictured Together / Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Yvete(f): 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2013
Committed to maintaining a good relationship. This encompasses everything from sweet romance, honesty, making decisions in our best interest and mutual goals, and emm ..... supporting my dreams (being my number one fan or my hype man! smiley )
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by nobniger: 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2013
Nawaoo, Niger women, you're sooooo very behind, I'm sorry

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by jhydebaba(m): 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2013
mondi_cheeks: * dies
Sprinkles water on her head
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2013
jhydebaba: Sprinkles water on her head
that was too funny
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by jhydebaba(m): 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2013
mondi_cheeks: that was too funny
as in, that's the position of things down here.
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2013
jhydebaba: as in, that's the position of things down here.
dont worry, be patient God will surely turn the situation around for u cheesy
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by a1solution: 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2013
If you are rich you dont need to maintain a Nigerian girl unless you feel like, she would look for alternative means to maintain herself while hoping and using you to pose as her guy both at home and among her friends.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Chomzy19(f): 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2013
pDude: He has no responsibility. He isn't married to her. If the girl wants gifts, she should go and work.

Why is it always in Nigeria that a girl thinks she can laze around and expect a guy to fulfil her every need because she has one watery t0t0 angry

Nonsense
he isn't married to her? But he expects her to give him d wifely duties a wife gives to the husband? Naija guys sef! I will tell you Y, because you guys need d watery toto

1 Like

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by chikeorji123(m): 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2013
For girlfriend sorry l don't have the time,but fiancee ok we can sit down and reason how to sort our responsiblities out afterall we are about to start a journey here..

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by jhydebaba(m): 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
mondi_cheeks: dont worry, be patient God will surely turn the situation around for Nigerian Guys cheesy
cheesy
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by freecocoa(f): 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
There is no defined responsibilities in a relationship as far as I'm concerned, its not a job that comes with description, however when two people genuinely love\care for each other then helping out with stuffs(financial or otherwise) should come naturally.

They both should call, no one is supposed to call more but because of the way God and the society has made man the head, women expect men to take the lead, there's no law that says a man should call more, if he doesn't call then pick up that phone and call him, it only becomes a problem when only one person calls, if its so in your relationship then check am well, na only you dey the relationship not both of you.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
Well, he's not responsible for her until he gets married. At the same time, she has to be sure he's not stingy. I believe if you're with a stingy person, you would definitely know. Does he spend on himself and people around him, if he has siblings or friends, how well does he give to them when they're in need. Also, if you guys are together somewhere and your purse is not around, you start feeling thirsty and he cannot get you water (knowing fully well that there is money in his pocket), then, maybe you need to think twice.

What I am trying to say is that he doesn't need to pay your rent and give you salary before you know he's not stingy...watch how he relates with other people and his reactions in seemingly little situations and you would know if he's stingy or not.
Good Luck!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Chomzy19(f): 4:24pm On Mar 29, 2013
pDude: He has no responsibility. He isn't married to her. If the girl wants gifts, she should go and work.

Why is it always in Nigeria that a girl thinks she can laze around and expect a guy to fulfil her every need because she has one watery t0t0 angry

Nonsense
he is not married to her but he expects her to do d wifely duties, wifes do for husbands, Naija guys sef! Y? Becos u need the watery toto, n u shld shoulder the responsibilities coming with it
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 29, 2013
nnafather: To make her moan...

2000000000 Likes grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by dayokanu(m): 4:25pm On Mar 29, 2013
Did you go into the relationship with the intention of getting financial benefit?

If you want money check the nearest bank or ATM

Why should he give you money? Are you saving money with him?

Why are some girls leeches

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by FXKing2012(m): 4:25pm On Mar 29, 2013
SpicyMimi: Hi my fellow Nairalanders,

okay, i have this friend who has been dating her guy for some few months now, and he also has plans of getting married to her but has never bought her any gift nor has he cared about her needs finacially. I personally told her the guy is a stingy guy and things might get ugly after marriage, but then again i might be wrong, so i need you all to share your views on this.

Also, would love to have answers to the following questions:

1. When should a guy start spending on a girl? ''For your info am not a gold-digger, i hardly collect stuffs from my boyfriend but atleast am glad he isnt the stingy type''

2. Why do guys so much believe in the word 'Give and take'?
What's with all these talk about buying her things or spending for her like she's crippled? I love and respect independent women who dont really need your money to look good or pay their bills. If a girl expects me to pick all her bills then she had better be ready to answer to my every call and she shouldnt expect much respect from me.

I believe in spending for a girl out of love, not out of necessity.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 29, 2013
Chomzy19: he is not married to her but he expects her to do d wifely duties, wifes do for husbands, Naija guys sef! Y? Becos u need the watery toto, n u shld shoulder the responsibilities coming with it

Please, there is something i'm yet to understand. Do you ladies sell toto or wot Isn't it both of you that enjoy the stuff What is with the 'if you want to get toto, be ready to give money' mentality

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by fitzmayowa: 4:26pm On Mar 29, 2013
wise_many2k: Responsibility of bf or fiance is very simple

[size=48pt]NA TO APPLY DAILY SCREWDRIVER & GIVE HER BELLE[/size]
LMAO

1 Like

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by dayokanu(m): 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2013
alutacontinua: Well, he's not responsible for her until he gets married. At the same time, she has to be sure he's not stingy. I believe if you're with a stingy person, you would definitely know. Does he spend on himself and people around him, if he has siblings or friends, how well does he give to them when they're in need. Also, if you guys are together somewhere and your purse is not around, you start feeling thirsty and he cannot get you water (knowing fully well that there is money in his pocket), then, maybe you need to think twice.

What I am trying to say is that he doesn't need to pay your rent and give you salary before you know he's not stingy...watch how he relates with other people and his reactions in seemingly little situations and you would know if he's stingy or not.
Good Luck!

Have you asked if the girl too is stingy?

Ask her what she has ever given to the guy before? has she ever bought the guy a handkerchief in her life yet she wants Blackberry and BIS
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by ITbomb(m): 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2013
SlyIg: Boyfriend na for maintenance na.
No worry , when he don pound away ur punny and the thing come slack u go know say that ur punny-for-maintenance game plenty gurls don play am tire before they look for husband dem no see
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2013
Chomzy19: he isn't married to her? But he expects her to give him d wifely duties a wife gives to the husband? Naija guys sef! I will tell you Y, because you guys need d watery toto

What are you talking about undecided

What wifely duties? undecided

Did you see anything in the topic that said the guy wants her to perform wifely duties undecided

This is how people fail exams. Stay on the topic and keep your sentiments to yourself.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Have you asked if the girl too is stingy?

Ask her what she has ever given to the guy before? has she ever bought the guy a handkerchief in her life yet she wants Blackberry and BIS

Of course...dt's another perspective to the story!
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Chomzy19(f): 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2013
Royou: The only responsibility is to be faithful to the relationship! If u get gifts and all - cool! If it doesn't - that's life!a relationship is not a welfare system; friendship is about looking out for each other-all parties must learn to give-it should even be competitive!the average nigerian woman only wants to receive an ipad and buy u a swimming short!it won't work!
its not friendship, its a relationship, bsyds friends give gifts to each other, buh wenever it comes to giving their GF naija guys begin to cry lyk babies. I pity your girlfriend sha

1 Like

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by GentleNaaz(m): 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
Men hv only 1 common indespensible responsibility for women; ..............kpekusiology
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
A man has no responsibility taking care of a woman who isnt his wife or daughter. if that is done, it isnt compulsory but out of the man's benevolence.

On the other hand girls misuse the priviledge of any man that says hello to them should start taking care of them. Even to the point of using a guy who she calls ordinary friend but you want him to bankroll you for nothing. She has no dream of settling with you. Women make themselves worthless with such cheap behaviour.

OP. Get that into your head.

#hungry nigerian girls at work#. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Popowaa: 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
Let's take her to SCOAN
jhydebaba: Sprinkles water on her head
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by genxris: 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
Chrisbenogor: How the hell do these threads make front page?

Dear OP,
How convenient for you to suddenly reduce your friend's relationship to just one thing - Money.

1. When should a guy start spending on a girl?
It is not the primary responsibility of your boyfriend to "spend" on you. Infact when a guy starts by "spending" there is a huge probability he wants to "give and take". People are different and I am sure there are happily married couples out there whose husbands do not just dole out candy at every opportunity. Your friends parents/guardians are still alive presume or she should have a job to primarily take care of her, it's her responsibility.
Super story

2. Why guys believe in Give and take?
No guy who wants you in a serious relationship would be thinking of give and take. It's ladies like you who have formed the opinion that a guy who is a spendthrift is the correct guy and the more conservative guy is stingy. At that point it ain't rocket science, services has been paid for in cash, the payee expects service in kind for the pizza or the blackberry z10 he bought, simples.

3. Who should call more undecided undecided

My advice is go back and look out for the important things in a mans character that would make him a solid rock for you tomorrow instead of chasing flimsy things like who spends on you or not. Men do not want a financial or even an intellectual liability at home, grow your sense of pride as an individual most especially as a lady and whatever you do kindly stop advising your friend or anyone on what makes a marriage ugly.

Cheers.

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2013
alutacontinua:

Please, there is something i'm yet to understand. Do you ladies sell toto or wot Isn't it both of you that enjoy the stuff What is with the 'if you want to get toto, be ready to give money' mentality

Can you imagine. Rubbish. When you dey nack the thing na so the thing go dey sweet them till dem go dey twist waist and cry out mmhmm, ahhhh, yeeeee, uuhhh.

Nonsense
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Temismith(f): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2013
U re meant to Just prove to her dat u are capable of taking up d responsibilites of being a good husband and father.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by thehunted(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2013
Op and her friend are unrepentant gold diggers
Re: What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2013
Popowaa: Let's take her to SCOAN
wats that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why I Vowed Never to get married ( A Nairalander) / What To Do If A Lady Asks For Money For Data Or Changing Of Phones - Reno Omokri / Boyfriend Punches Man For Staring At His Girlfriend’s Butt In North Carolina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.