Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1088138 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2013
Seun:
I disagree with you. Her survival demonstrates her common sense. She did not lose her head even after her father lost his. unlike him, she says what she needs to say to survive, even if it's a lie e.g. "my father is a traitor", "My heart is with my beloved King Joffery". Unlike other Starks, she has made herself appear completely harmless and non-threatening to the powerful figures around her.

Exactly. She says all the right things infront of people who needs to hear them but those people know she said them to keep her head. In situations where she needs to be more discreet and less trusting she is the exact opposite.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by platos56(m): 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
naijababe:

It is so hard for me to feel sorry for that girl, she is soo stewpid. Maybe marrying the imp would help her get some commonsense undecided
Agreed....though am forced 2 feel sorry 4 ha...one wud say it's d price 4 ha stupidty but I guess it's d naivety of ha age ....but again,she has a younger but a more intelligent sis
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 7:52pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hmmm you all mistake her silent demeanor for wisdom or survival instinct. She is just a dumb child. She lacks craftiness. I mean the sort Arya pulled off as a 'mason's child' in Tywins court.
Yes Arya always want to stick em with the pointy end, but it shows she has passion and takes advantage when it comes. She had a chance against Tywin but thought better of it.
Sansa is clueless slowpoke, Arya is the only Stark with a potential.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2013
Akanniade: Hmmm you all mistake her silent demeanor for wisdom or survival instinct. She is just a dumb child. She lacks craftiness. I mean the sort Arya pulled off as a 'mason's child' in Tywins court.
Yes Arya always want to stick em with the pointy end, but it shows she has passion and takes advantage when it comes. She had a chance against Tywin but thought better of it.

Thank you very much. The bolded just sums her up

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by platos56(m): 8:13pm On Apr 30, 2013
Akanniade: Hmmm you all mistake her silent demeanor for wisdom or survival instinct. She is just a dumb child. She lacks craftiness. I mean the sort Arya pulled off as a 'mason's child' in Tywins court.
Agreed,....exactly....Sansa is just clueless and just dances 2 anybdy's tone...
Ned mayb rigid and it shud b understood dat 4 sme ppl(lik Ned)...survival is nt erytin...truth and honour is more important....just dat he was naïve and didn't av time 2 learn d ways of King's landing
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by platos56(m): 9:56pm On Apr 30, 2013
Omorotionmwan: "Sansa however, simply survives. She reacts to whats
going on immediately around her and nothing more. She does not plan, she does not act, she makes no effort to better her position or save herself. She is merely carted around by other characters as a token or prize. Sansa is, for the most part, not really a character, merely a narrating set piece.

Indeed Sansa does survive. But so do cockroaches, and
frankly I like them both about the same."

A friend sent me this! I think its from a blog somewhere
The Sansa haters are plenty sha!

@Akanniade-Ned Stark was the worst of them all. He was a rigid goat whose stupidity cost him his life and bleeped up his family.
Plus, truth and honor weren't really all that to him. He lied, didn't he? He publicly admitted to treason to save his life and take the black, but it was too late.
To be frank, I hate Eddard Stark more than I hate Sansa. Sansa did what she did because that was what she was conditioned to believe and act simply that
from such an early age. On the other hand, Ned Stark was a veteran. In spite of that, he revealed, like a total reeeetard, to Cersei Lannister, the knowledge he had about her children, and trusted Littlefinger instead of taking her children hostage because of his bloody honor. He didn't take Renly up on his offer,because of his bloody honor. Silly man.

I like Sansa precisely because she is not the stereotypical 'strong tomboy badass' female heroine.
I love Arya, but you have to admit she is a walking, talking stereotype. Femininity is not bad, neither is masculinity absolutely good.
I love sword wielding heroines as much as the next person, but the focus on this type of heroine seems to suggest that femininity is bad and that a woman can only be strong by taking on stereotypically male roles and attittudes.
There is strength in being active,but I also think it takes strength of character to remain passive.
I still say it: Do you think Arya would have survived at Kings Landing as long as Sansa has?
She may av survived....she did unda Tywin's nose,though nt 4 a long time.
Ned Stark was a great guy....He lost his life 4 being honest,trUsting a 'friend' and trying 2 b kind 2 Cersei.....dos are good attributes....just dat in addition 2 naivety....it cost him his life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TerraCotta(m): 1:45am On May 01, 2013
Omorotionmwan:
I like Sansa precisely because she is not the stereotypical 'strong tomboy badass' female heroine.
I love Arya, but you have to admit she is a walking, talking stereotype. Femininity is not bad, neither is masculinity absolutely good.
I love sword wielding heroines as much as the next person, but the focus on this type of heroine seems to suggest that femininity is bad and that a woman can only be strong by taking on stereotypically male roles and attittudes.
There is strength in being active,but I also think it takes strength of character to remain passive.
I still say it: Do you think Arya would have survived at Kings Landing as long as Sansa has?

You're right. Arya's too much of a tomboy stereotype sometimes. Maybe she'll end up being like Brienne (I'm guessing these two meet at some point) and it'll make sense because she's grown up under these circumstances. Your last point misses something too, though. How long could Sansa have passed for a boy page or summoned the courage to help Jaqen the faceless man? They've both survived by playing up their talents, but I think Arya had it rougher. She went from Ikoyi to Ajengule; Sansa just took a long drive to a new house in Lekki.

The most interesting siblings have gone through the biggest role reversals to me. Jon Snow went from cop to outlaw; Arya from heiress to house girl. Robb and Sansa are the ones still playing dress up in castles. They need a hot dose of harsh reality.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 2:23am On May 01, 2013
Jon snow is no outlaw,he is doing as bidded by the halfhand,who sacrificed himself for Snow to cement his place with the wildling and mance to get valuable intel..
Sansa isn't so stupid reality has not up caught with her yet is all,and at kings landing she is a fish out of sea there with no allies I doubt arya will do much better in her position.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Z8(m): 9:26am On May 01, 2013
Omorotionmwan: "Sansa however, simply survives. She reacts to whats
going on immediately around her and nothing more. She does not plan, she does not act, she makes no effort to better her position or save herself. She is merely carted around by other characters as a token or prize. Sansa is, for the most part, not really a character, merely a narrating set piece.

Indeed Sansa does survive. But so do cockroaches, and
frankly I like them both about the same."

A friend sent me this! I think its from a blog somewhere
The Sansa haters are plenty sha!

@Akanniade-Ned Stark was the worst of them all. He was a rigid goat whose stupidity cost him his life and bleeped up his family.
Plus, truth and honor weren't really all that to him. He lied, didn't he? He publicly admitted to treason to save his life and take the black, but it was too late.
To be frank, I hate Eddard Stark more than I hate Sansa. Sansa did what she did because that was what she was conditioned to believe and act simply that
from such an early age. On the other hand, Ned Stark was a veteran. In spite of that, he revealed, like a total reeeetard, to Cersei Lannister, the knowledge he had about her children, and trusted Littlefinger instead of taking her children hostage because of his bloody honor. He didn't take Renly up on his offer,because of his bloody honor. Silly man.

actually Ned agreed to lie to protect sansa that was the only reason he lied. Sansa on the other hand is naive and if not for the interest people have in her she could have been long gone.
Arya now that's a figthing stark would definitely do off with jeoffry's head in a one on one
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:21am On May 01, 2013
Omorotionmwan:
Ah. . Ok just picture this: Joff has Ned killed. Arya charges at Joff with Needle screaming "You killed my father you wretched scoundrel! Dieeeeee!!!!" The Hound or one of the other hundred men of the Kings Guard cut her down one time. The end. cheesy

Of course its good to have a fighting spirit, but what good would that do you when you have a hundred enemies and many more you don't even know about? When the odds are against you, you must change strategy naa

Haba! You are casting Arya as an impulsive spoilt little girl. Arya would and could not have done what you describe above. I don't hate Sansa but tell me exactly the reason why she would trust littlefinger or Margery and her grandmother so quickly. It is rather baffling that after all this time she is yet to figure out that she does not have friends in K.L; how can she possibly not know that she's just being used like a pawn!

Ned Stark?! Don't even get me started angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by platos56(m): 11:06am On May 01, 2013
Omorotionmwan: Well. . Sansa has flaws too, just like everybody else. She can be naïve sometimes, and she is too trusting.
As for trusting Littlefinger, I think she knows that he was in love with her mother and thinks that makes him her friend. We mustnt blame her too much for that-after all her mother and even her father trusted him.
With Margaery and Lady Olenna, I don't actually understand that one myself.
Doesn't she know that she is the key to the North? With everything that has happened to her so far, I can't understand why she isn't the least bit suspicious about their 'niceness'.
Dat's d point,afta all dis time...She still hasn't learnt anytin.
I dnt blive Arya would av done wot u described,she probably wud av plotted oda dangerous plans,she wud knw beta nt 2 plunge aimlessly.
I wonda wot u really av against Ned...I guess being an upright man in a land of vermins?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:11am On May 01, 2013
Omorotionmwan: Well. . Sansa has flaws too, just like everybody else. She can be naïve sometimes, and she is too trusting.
As for trusting Littlefinger, I think she knows that he was in love with her mother and thinks that makes him her friend. We mustnt blame her too much for that-after all her mother and even her father trusted him.
With Margaery and Lady Olenna, I don't actually understand that one myself.
Doesn't she know that she is the key to the North? With everything that has happened to her so far, I can't understand why she isn't the least bit suspicious about their 'niceness'

Now you are talking.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 01, 2013
^ grin grin grin grin grin. Ned Stark, the most foolish of them all. The one that beats me the most was not accepting Renlly's offer knowing how he close he was to Loras. Renlly had as much right to the throne as Stannis and he already knew Joffrey was a bastard. That man was just so stupid it was beyond belief.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 1:24pm On May 01, 2013
Valyrian sounds so good from Khaleesi's mouth. I wonder if its related to any known language or studio fabricated like Dothraki.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 01, 2013
Omorotionmwan:
No his own was the younger brother cannot inherit the throne before the older brother. Never mind that taking up Renly's offer would have saved him and his daughters at the moment , given him the support of House Tyrell and Renly's bannermen, and with him as the general of the armies of the North and House Tyrell-gbam! The war is over.
And Renly was arguably more trustworthy than Baelish, and even Lord Varys whose main desire was to prevent a war in the realm.
But nooo. His stupidity covered his brain and did not allow him think.

Foolish man. Renly was on ground with the needed resources to put the Lannisters out for good. How could he not know that his support for Stannis was a 'long thing'?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by platos56(m): 3:24pm On May 01, 2013
Omorotionmwan:
A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. Our guy no just get sense.
1.Wen he was warning Cersei 2 escape b4 he tells Robert,he didn't anticipate Robert's death...u wud agree dat if Robert came hme healthy 4rm dat hunt,tins wud b a lot different.
2.Agreed,he shudnt av trusted Baelish but Baelish also played his part well...I tink he wud av fooled anybdy.
3.Ppl are fast 2 say f**k honour,but I tink it's d diff btw dots and crosses....(Excluding d Taegeryns)Stannis shud b heir 2 d throne,if he gave Renly power...4rm his point of view wud b wrong.
4.Let's nt 4get he was new in K.L. and didn't really have time 2 make friends and 2 knw who 2 trust...he can't b as ruthless as they are
If he had stayed long enuf,he shud b d one evn controlling d king's guard dat slaughtered his men and Baelish wud nt av to.
In fact, d death of Robert spiralled erytin out of control,if u ask me

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 01, 2013
platos56:
1.Wen he was warning Cersei 2 escape b4 he tells Robert,he didn't anticipate Robert's death...u wud agree dat if Robert came hme healthy 4rm dat hunt,tins wud b a lot different.
2.Agreed,he shudnt av trusted Baelish but Baelish also played his part well...I tink he wud av fooled anybdy.
3.Ppl are fast 2 say f**k honour,but I tink it's d diff btw dots and crosses....(Excluding d Taegeryns)Stannis shud b heir 2 d throne,if he gave Renly power...4rm his point of view wud b wrong.
4.Let's nt 4get he was new in K.L. and didn't really have time 2 make friends and 2 knw who 2 trust...he can't b as ruthless as they are
If he had stayed long enuf,he shud b d one evn controlling d king's guard dat slaughtered his men and Baelish wud nt av to.
In fact, d death of Robert spiralled erytin out of control,if u ask me

While many people see Ned Stark as a fool for warning Cersei before springing on her, his plan would have actually worked and the story would be different.
The screenplay actually made it that way, that it was Sansa who ran to tell Cersei that their father planned to send them back to Winterfell, after hearing this Cersei sprung to action and countered Ned Starks move.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Z8(m): 7:52pm On May 01, 2013
winkGuys episode 5 is out and there has been complications..dont expect any spoilers from me.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 01, 2013
Omorotionmwan:
Ah yes. In the book, Ned still behaved like a dopemu.

Honestly, I keep thinking he didn't even need to tell them they were leaving for Winterfell beforehand.

My main issue with Ned is that he was stuck in his own little bubble. He was a genuinely good man but he made the mistake of assuming that everyone around him shared his system of honor-and that mistake cost him his life.
He was naïve. This is unfortunately, a common trait. Honorable men often lack the capacity to understand the darker side of human nature. Sucks that it killed Ned sha.

I laughed real hard reading this. Truth be told Ned Stark really was a Dopemu same could be said for Robb Stark.
ONe reason i don't diss Ned as much as i'd like to is the fact that his kids/household accounts for over 80% of GoT story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ektbear: 9:08pm On May 01, 2013
Omorotionmwan:
Another thing-how on earth could he trust Littlefinger?
Please, you're a guy shey? Can you ever trust a man who's in love with your wife?

i wonder ooo
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 01, 2013
Omorotionmwan:
No his own was the younger brother cannot inherit the throne before the older brother. Never mind that taking up Renly's offer would have saved him and his daughters at the moment , given him the support of House Tyrell and Renly's bannermen, and with him as the general of the armies of the North and House Tyrell-gbam! The war is over.
And Renly was arguably more trustworthy than Baelish, and even Lord Varys whose main desire was to prevent a war in the realm.
But nooo. His stupidity covered his brain and did not allow him think.

The same stupid strong head of robb stark, that family is cursed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 01, 2013
django1:

The same stupid strong head of robb stark, that family is cursed!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.