Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1088799 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by platos56(m): 9:48pm On May 02, 2013
Omorotionmwan:
Ah yes, Ned still behaved like a dopemu.
He didn't tell Sansa why they were leaving for Winterfell. He could have told her, come, our lives are in danger from the Lannisters and that is why you have to leave now. He should have explained to her what was at stake. He only vaguely said it was for their own safety when he knew Sansa was still infatuated with Joff and had a close(well at least what she thought was a close) relationship with Cersei, who, so far, had been kind and motherly towards her. He didn't let them know that something really intense was going on. It was more of a "pat them on the head,my girls will do as I say without explanation" thing. Did he even need to tell them gan sef? Honestly, I keep thinking he didn't even need to tell them they were leaving for Winterfell beforehand. Just bundle them off the minute plans have been finalized.
He knew Sansa's relationship with him had soured since Lady's death, so she wasn't even happy with him to begin with, and then to take her away from the prince she was in love with just made her more pissed at him.

Perhaps, he couldn't have predicted that Sansa would sell him out to Cersei, but he could have handled the situation better.

And then,let's assume Sansa telling Cersei his plans was not his fault but hers. He still had an opportunity to salvage the situation, but he chose not to.

He did not accept Renly's help because he was trying to preserve the line of succession. Was he forgetting that Robert stole the throne in the first place? If disrupting the line of succession didn't bother him then,why on earth did it bother him at Kings Landing?
He did not take Cersei's children hostage because he didn't want to steal children away from their beds in the middle of the night. Wasn't he the same person who actively or tacitly approved of the murder of the Targaryen children in their beds?

My main issue with Ned is that he was stuck in his own little bubble. He was a genuinely good man but he made the mistake of assuming that everyone around him shared his system of honor-and that mistake cost him his life.
He was naïve. This is unfortunately, a common trait. Honorable men often lack the capacity to understand the darker side of human nature. Sucks that it killed Ned sha.
Wrong...he neva agreed 2 d death of Targaryen children,infact he resigned his post in proteSt.
Wot do u tink He wud tell dat love-struck blockhead 2 mak ha understand...dere are tins u dnt tell children...hey sansa darling,d boy u want 2 marry is a product of incest .......dnt tink so...besides dere is no time...he was just naïve but I dnt agree he shud b just as ruthless as dos vermin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by platos56(m): 9:55pm On May 02, 2013
Omorotionmwan:
Ah yes, Ned still behaved like a dopemu.
He didn't tell Sansa why they were leaving for Winterfell. He could have told her, come, our lives are in danger from the Lannisters and that is why you have to leave now. He should have explained to her what was at stake. He only vaguely said it was for their own safety when he knew Sansa was still infatuated with Joff and had a close(well at least what she thought was a close) relationship with Cersei, who, so far, had been kind and motherly towards her. He didn't let them know that something really intense was going on. It was more of a "pat them on the head,my girls will do as I say without explanation" thing. Did he even need to tell them gan sef? Honestly, I keep thinking he didn't even need to tell them they were leaving for Winterfell beforehand. Just bundle them off the minute plans have been finalized.
He knew Sansa's relationship with him had soured since Lady's death, so she wasn't even happy with him to begin with, and then to take her away from the prince she was in love with just made her more pissed at him.

Perhaps, he couldn't have predicted that Sansa would sell him out to Cersei, but he could have handled the situation better.

And then,let's assume Sansa telling Cersei his plans was not his fault but hers. He still had an opportunity to salvage the situation, but he chose not to.

He did not accept Renly's help because he was trying to preserve the line of succession. Was he forgetting that Robert stole the throne in the first place? If disrupting the line of succession didn't bother him then,why on earth did it bother him at Kings Landing?
He did not take Cersei's children hostage because he didn't want to steal children away from their beds in the middle of the night. Wasn't he the same person who actively or tacitly approved of the murder of the Targaryen children in their beds?

My main issue with Ned is that he was stuck in his own little bubble. He was a genuinely good man but he made the mistake of assuming that everyone around him shared his system of honor-and that mistake cost him his life.
He was naïve. This is unfortunately, a common trait. Honorable men often lack the capacity to understand the darker side of human nature. Sucks that it killed Ned sha.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:38am On May 03, 2013
ekt_bear:

i wonder ooo
Omorotionmwan:
No his own was the younger brother cannot inherit the throne before the older brother. Never mind that taking up Renly's offer would have saved him and his daughters at the moment , given him the support of House Tyrell and Renly's bannermen, and with him as the general of the armies of the North and House Tyrell-gbam! The war is over.
And Renly was arguably more trustworthy than Baelish, and even Lord Varys whose main desire was to prevent a war in the realm.
But nooo. His stupidity covered his brain and did not allow him think.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:45am On May 03, 2013
naijababe:

Exactly. She says all the right things infront of people who needs to hear them but those people know she said them to keep her head. In situations where she needs to be more discreet and less trusting she is the exact opposite.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 06, 2013
Pls guys what is happening, is GOT on break I can't find the video update on the internet! undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 06, 2013
django1: Pls guys what is happening, is GOT on break I can't find the video update on the internet! undecided

Not airing until 9pm this side of the pond.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by VillageBoi(m): 7:53pm On May 06, 2013
naijababe:
That girl is the equivalent of a blackberry babe abeg. Zero commonsense.

On Sansa... lololol. People no like the fine girl... we go see as things turn out.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by VillageBoi(m): 8:03pm On May 06, 2013
Omorotionmwan:
She's living amongst enemies in Kings Landing. She has to constantly put on a mask,and any slip would result in her death. She has to play the perfect little lady and manipulate her way through the sea of lies and deceit in Kings Landing-and she does it. She does what she needs to do to survive in a court full of Lannisters, a queen who hates her, a psychopathic betrothed who orders her beaten whenever he bloody well feels like it, no hope of ransom, a murdered father and a scattered family. She's learning to play the game.

If she lives long enough I think she could turn out to be as wise as 'Lady Olenna'

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Santino1(m): 8:19pm On May 06, 2013
I love littlefinger's quote about 'chaos'..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:25pm On May 06, 2013
django1: Pls guys what is happening, is GOT on break I can't find the video update on the internet! undecided
Definitely not on break. Just saw it this morning, after getting it from that which must not be mentioned cool.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Santino1(m): 8:27pm On May 06, 2013
VillageBoi:

On Sansa... lololol. People no like the fine girl... we go see as things turn out.

She's obviously now a big pawn in everyone's game
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:28pm On May 06, 2013
Santino1: I love littlefinger's quote about 'chaos'..
That guy is way smarter than the eunuch.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 06, 2013
Akanniade:
Definitely not on break. Just saw it this morning, after getting it from that which must not be mentioned cool.

Pls can you PM me "that-which-must-not-be-mentioned" place? Thanks
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:34pm On May 06, 2013
naijababe:

Not airing until 9pm this side of the pond.
Ok waiting for your comments.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 06, 2013
Seems I have no idea hw ds PM works....
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:56pm On May 06, 2013
django1: Seems I have no idea hw ds PM works....
Check ur mail.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Santino1(m): 8:57pm On May 06, 2013
Now in retrospect, I think Sansa shoulda gone with littlefinger as he atleast loves her mother and wouldn't let harm come to her but that's still too early to say.

Poor Arya, now she's got no friends anymore.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 06, 2013
Akanniade:
Check ur mail.

Tnx, seen it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 9:20pm On May 06, 2013
Santino1: Now in retrospect, I think Sansa shoulda gone with littlefinger as he atleast loves her mother and wouldn't let harm come to her but that's still too early to say.
From the last episode, it should be obvious to everyone that Littlefinger is as much of monster as Joffery, only much smarter, which makes him more dangerous. She didn't lose anything by not going with him. The dwarf is straight and he is not cruel. She's getting a very good deal.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Santino1(m): 9:39pm On May 06, 2013
Seun:
From the last episode, it should be obvious to everyone that Littlefinger is as much of monster as Joffery, only much smarter, which makes him more dangerous. She didn't lose anything by not going with him. The dwarf is straight and he is not cruel. She's getting a very good deal.

You are right.. I guess I just want her to leave KL for good
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 06, 2013
Seun:

Who tried to kill the dwarf ? I think he mentioned who during his conversation with his sister but I didn't catch it.
Also, who & why is that guy torturing the guy who wanted to take over Winterfell(i can't remember his name)?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 9:59pm On May 06, 2013
I.Joan:

Who tried to kill the dwarf ? I think he mentioned who during his conversation with his sister but I didn't catch it.
Also, who & why is that guy torturing the guy who wanted to take over Winterfell(i can't remember his name)?
Twas geoffry that tried to have the imp killed. The guy torturing Theon Greyjoy is the son of one of Rob Stark's ally.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Santino1(m): 10:03pm On May 06, 2013
Akanniade:
Twas geoffry that tried to have the imp killed. The guy torturing Theon Greyjoy is the son of one of Rob Stark's ally.

Are you sure of this cos the guy denied that already leading to Theon losing one of his fingers. Also, the Karstark are no longer Robb's bannerman, hence, they are no longer bound by any sense of loyalty to the Starks.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 10:08pm On May 06, 2013
@Akinniade: We do not know who the torturer is for sure. He may have lied about Theon being right. But you seem to be right about Joffery being the assasin; based on the dialogue, Tyrion clearly believes Joffery did it, and Cersei didn't disagree.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 06, 2013
Seun:

You can say that again. I can't wait for Geoffrey to die. I hope his body is sliced into pieces. He killed that prostitute in such a wicked manner.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 06, 2013
I.Joan:

You can say that again. I can't wait for Geoffrey to die. I hope his body is sliced into pieces. He killed that prostitute in such a wicked manner.

No one is more sadistic than Lord Baelish, I will be happy to see Joffery shoot an arrow through his ar5e.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 10:16pm On May 06, 2013
Seun: @Akinniade: We do not know who the torturer is for sure. He may have lied about Theon being right. But you seem to be right about Joffery being the assasin; based on the dialogue, Tyrion clearly believes Joffery did it, and Cersei didn't disagree.

Yes we dont know for sure but he seems to be someone who has a score to settle. Theon sure made lots of enemies since his winterfell campaign. He is having it worse off than even the king slayer.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 10:26pm On May 06, 2013
I cant wait to see Shae's reaction when the imp breaks the news to sansa.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 06, 2013
Akanniade: I cant wait to see Shae's reaction when the imp breaks the news to sansa.

Is he really going to marry Sansa? And Cersei with Loras shocked That really is one to look forward to grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 06, 2013
Akanniade: I cant wait to see Shae's reaction when the imp breaks the news to sansa.

Shae is there for his money! I don't think she cares.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 06, 2013
I.Joan:

Shae is there for his money! I don't think she cares.

I don't think so
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by montelik(m): 11:32pm On May 06, 2013
naijababe:

Is he really going to marry Sansa? And Cersei with Loras shocked That really is one to look forward to grin

The "Kingslayer" is returning to Kingslanding soon. No way will he allow Cersei marry Loras and Loras will be more than happy to remain single. Sansa on the other hand is done for, unless Rob raises enough men overnight and marches on Kingslanding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.