Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,434 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1089328 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2019
iamJ:

i didnt read the books b4 the show, i started getting invested after season 2

i have read the books took me 8months to finish it, cause it was pdf, i have watched the show almost 10 times from season 1- 7 cry

i have all the lores and history videos, i have watched that 1 so many times

i have a 20mb pdf map of the kingdoms

Oh boy!! See investment! The entire history of Nigeria from Slavery, Independence till date is not even up to 3mb pdf.

E go pain me sha if after all this investment, research, and secret email exchanges between you and Producers of GoT, your final prediction(s) end up Carry-over. E go really pain me.

11 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 5:03pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ksslib:

Oh boy!! See investment! The entire history of Nigeria from Slavery, Independence till date is not even up to 3mb pdf.

E go pain me sha if after all this investment, research, and secret email exchanges between you and Producers of GoT, your final prediction(s) end up Carry-over. E go really pain me.

Na him type dey look around for LF to come back to life. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2019
Rumours have it that there are episodes named:
Battle Of Winterfell
Exodus
They wouldn't be funny and arguments would calm down.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 5:08pm On Apr 16, 2019
GMan650:

All these and many more questions beg answers and not whinging (lol) about who is dumb or clever.

And for fuucks sake what does this sign mean?

You know, i kept quiet all this time and observed to see if anyone will get it but since no one has, and there's still alot of confusion, let me just put this mystery to bed.

As an engineering student, I can confirm beyond any doubt that the sign the Night King left on the wall is an Archemides Spiral.... named after the 3rd century BC Greek mathematician Archimedes.

An Archimedean Spiral is the locus of points corresponding to the locations ( Winterfell & King's Landing) over time of a point moving away (Night King) from a fixed point( Beyond the wall) with a constant speed along a line that rotates with constant angular velocity.

Mathematically speaking, this means the Night King will reach Winterfell in Episode 2. Tormund understood the mathematical implications of the Archimedes spiral that's why when he was asked how much time they've got by Jon in next week's snippet, he accurately predicted that before the sun comes up tommorow , using the angular velocity of earth round the Sun which is 2.0 × 10^-7 rad/s.

I know some will ask, why an Archimedes Spiral? Why didn't the Night King use a Pythagorean traingle , or Euclidean geometry which would have been far far creepier and mathematically perfect?

To understand this... and the Night King's motive for blood & revenge, we all have to go back to the very first episode of season 1. Where the Night King and The Mad King were briefly shown as roommates in their freshman year at Harvard working on a formula to improve Medivial mathematics based on the work of their hero, Archimedes.

Are you following?

14 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Atigba: 5:13pm On Apr 16, 2019
Can any body help me with a site to watch Game of Throne season 8 episode 1
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2019
meforkene:

Na him type dey look around for LF to come back to life. grin grin
Lol grin . I actually believed this theory about LF coming back after my crazy friend convinced me using some vodoo and black magic explanations.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 5:15pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ksslib:

You know, i kept quiet all this time and observed to see if anyone will get it but since no one has, and there's still alot of confusion, let me just put this mystery to bed.

As an engineering student, I can confirm beyond any doubt that the sign the Night King left on the wall is an Archemides Spiral.... named after the 3rd century BC Greek mathematician Archimedes.

An Archimedean Spiral is the locus of points corresponding to the locations ( Winterfell & King's Landing) over time of a point moving away (Night King) from a fixed point( Beyond the wall) with a constant speed along a line that rotates with constant angular velocity.

Mathematically speaking, this means the Night King will reach Winterfell in Episode 2. Tormund understood the mathematical implications of the Archimedes spiral that's why when he was asked how much time they've got by Jon in next week's snippet, he accurately predicted that before the sun comes up tommorow , using the angular velocity of earth round the Sun which is 2.0 × 10^-7 rad/s.

I know some will ask, why an Archimedes Spiral? Why didn't the Night King use a Pythagorean traingle , or Euclidean geometry which would have been far far creepier and mathematically perfect?

To understand this... and the Night King's motive for blood & revenge, we all have to go back to the very first episode of season 1. Where the Night King and The Mad King were briefly shown as roommates in their freshman year at Harvard working on a formula to improve Medivial mathematics based on the work of their hero, Archimedes.

Are you following?
This wasn't necessary, tho.

About the post, what exactly are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 5:16pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ksslib:

Are you following?

Make una come lock this one up before he starts biting....As in Fibonacci series.

NK is sending shout out to his creators, the Children Of The Forest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 5:32pm On Apr 16, 2019
Jon was surprised to hear Arya defend Sansa when he said Sansa thinks she is smarter than everyone. He knew that Arya and Sansa don't really like eachother like that.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seunpaul01(m): 5:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
grin

It so funny that cercei wants to have the elephants so badly. She was like,,,, since she came to me with dragons,,, i will show her my big elephants as well.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by larride(m): 6:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
Seunpaul01:
grin

It so funny that cercei wants to have the elephants so badly. She was like,,,, since she came to me with dragons,,, i will show her my big elephants as well.

She was just being petty. How would they transport several elephants on a ship without the ship sinking?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ifax(f): 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2019
Nope. Watch game of thrones: histories and lore- house Tarly

vizkiz:

His father sent him to the night's watch so he could probably have an "edge" (mold him into a man) because it was obvious Sam is a pussý (from the early season)

Watching this plan fail (Sam coming back with a Wilding and a baby) is enough to drive any father mad
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blingxx(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
larride:

She was just being petty. How would they transport several elephants on a ship without the ship sinking?

It's called the iron fleet for a reason
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2019
blingxx:

It's called the iron fleet for a reason
For what reason?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 6:30pm On Apr 16, 2019
Well the preview of episode 2 is out and I see war looming.... The night king is close, very close.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Alday: 6:32pm On Apr 16, 2019
Are you a child of the forest?

Greyjoy ships and fleet are one of the best Westeros can boast of. Euron is a popular navigator and captain that can't make elephant-carrying capacity ships?

Isomerizm:
For what reason?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ocon: 6:34pm On Apr 16, 2019
Some people will just sit done and type rubbish angry
Some will carry online blog theories and call it golden
SMH
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by larride(m): 7:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
Alday:
Are you a child of the forest?

Greyjoy ships and fleet are one of the best Westeros can boast of. Euron is a popular navigator and captain that can't make elephant-carrying capacity ships?

Do you even know how much elephant weigh?

It was just wishful thinking on Cersei part. Not going to happen.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 7:31pm On Apr 16, 2019
larride:

Do you even know how much elephant weigh?

It was just wishful thinking on Cersei part. Not going to happen.
I no understand for the guy.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2019
cool
BenzEne1:

Before the doom of Valyria, there were many other families who had dragons and where stronger than the Targaryens. It was Aenar Targaryen (Aenar the Exile) who moved the Targaryens and their dragons from Valyria to the smoking mountain (Dragonstone). This was after his daughter Daenys (the dreamer) foretold the doom awaiting Valyria twelve years prior. That is why the Targaryens are the dragonlords that much is known about cause they survived where the others perished with their dragons in Valyria.
and are we before or after the doom?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 7:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
melodyogonna:

During the the dance of dragons, house velaryon produced a dragon rider though.
the queen that never was or corlys velaryon?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 7:39pm On Apr 16, 2019
armadeo:

Lol
Just didnt want to announce it this time but it's exactly the same. Episode 0 and 1 downloaded and stored. Awaiting further episodes.

Then I'll binge. I plan to avoid this thread well
I solemnly swear on my honor that this time this thread won't avoid you grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Sirfeeking(m): 8:32pm On Apr 16, 2019
Oasis007:

Not directly from the Site, rather from a third Party, and it didn't come with Subtitle.
Download MXplayer app.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by armadeo(m): 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
BraniacX:
I solemnly swear on my honor that this time this thread won't avoid you grin

I only read mentions. Am off this thread and you cant find me
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 9:48pm On Apr 16, 2019
iamJ:
killing ned stark fan service?

killing rob stark fan service?

bringing jon snow back fan service

the moment i saw the red priestess at castle black, i knew that he was coming back

game of thrones doesnt care abt fan service thats why i love the show

Ned and Robb parts were written by GRRM and do not in any means count as fan-service. Most of the fan-service happened in s06 when the show runners no longer required source material. But to their credit, they do not always bend to fans, like when fans clamored for Lady Stoneheart. That's why I believe GendArya is a possibility rather than a certainty.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Atigba: 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
[quote author=Eberex post=77597460][/quote]

Thanks
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by melodyogonna(m): 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2019
BraniacX:
the queen that never was or corlys velaryon?
Not Ranalle, she was a targerian, I don't it was corlys either - a bastard legitimized by the princess, and name heir to the sea snake, died on the battle of tumbleton. I don forget the name.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:34pm On Apr 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

Warriors only respect the strong not those giving second chances, that was why Robb Stark became the most foolish person in the whole series, Taking Lannisters prisoners instead of killing them instantly.
Anyone who followed the downfall of Robb Stark and still thinks you should be taking prisoners instead of instant death hasn't learnt any lesson

Aegon the Conqueror had prisoners. Prisoners are more useful alive than dead. Prisoners can be traded for each other. I don't think Robb was wrong in taking prisoners.

The Karstarks left Robb because he had just killed their Lord.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:34pm On Apr 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

You said its war

So was it not a war that made Danerys face the Tarly or did she go to their bedroom to wake them up?

Its war anyone who catches the other kills the other, she was more than magnanimous and gave them a choice to either submit or die.

Its war people use what they have to fight, She has her dragon and she is using it. The ironborn are nothing too without their fleet, Jon is nothing too without the wildling and the Vales

If you are telling me that the Tarlys would have killed her assuming they caught her why cant she kill them when she caught them too

The merciful Jon should have also pardoned Ramsay Bolton too right?

What happened in the Night's Watch was mutiny, those brothers of the Night's Watch became oathbreakers.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
melodyogonna:

The wise masters also commanded the unsullied to kill her.
The name of the series is Game of Thrones - maybe you should try to understand what that means. open your eyes and understand what the show is trying to tell you.
That was the game of power she played, when you play the game of power - you never leave your back open. the wise masters killed themselves by not thinking about what might happen if one day, one of their clients decided to use the unsullied against them.
she is not Ned Stark that killed himself with honor.

The Ned died forsaking his honor to protect his daughters. It's like every character who isn't an asshole or doesn't wield a sword is scrutinized on this thread.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ghen ghen...
Uncle have come. Oya you people should argue again nau

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.