Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,420 members, 7,819,514 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake (14424 Views)

Compromise: Where Do We Draw The Line / I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise / Best Way To Forget About A Girl You Love That Doesnt Care About U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Okijajuju1(m): 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
deols: A girl used to complain about her bobo like this. She thought it was his nature and she was ready to endure it..it didnt work.

I was surprised to see that he is getting married to another girl. I could bet that he doesn't treat the new girl the same way.

My opinion-he just isn't into you.He doeant care about your feelings and will never change. People dont hurt those they care about like this.

call it quits or face d cons3quences.

Typical woman!!! angry

Why cant you bet that the new girl does not behave as badly as the old?! angry

Instead of advicing her to learn how to be a good woman, you are encouraging her to break-up with a man that dosent cheat on her or even beats her.

I hope you will still be there to be advicing her on break-ups when she is 60 and still single. angry

1 Like

Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Orikinla(m): 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
[size=28pt]Majority of Nigerians prefer compromise to the sacred principles of love.[/size]
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by caesaraba(m): 1:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
stainlessino: i advice u to think towise be taken the final decision that what i have to tell u are ur boyfriend u now her better than us take and talk to her and what is the the problem.

WONDERFUL!!!

2 Likes

Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
lynpetra: Well,the am so certain that he loves me but he is sooooo selfish.One of the reasons I decided to go online with this issue is that I don't want to behave irrational by making hasty decisions because that is the ONLY problem I have in the relationship and its pissing me off big time
i do really pity u,so do i feel ur plight and pain......their is no perfect relationship,but u all av to make a scarifice to make it work....dont take it too far to d xtent of calling it quit...coz everyone here as his up's and downz but u still av to move on.....u neva can tell if the other relationship u wld go into myt be worse than this....but for all i care this ur bobo get strong head.....maybe u wld make/raise this issue again#midnight# cry out ur mind...left him knw hw u feel....coz d last discussion u had with him...he myt not take u srz....even if he his lazy....u can change him...itz gradual itz not constant....oko won lode o...hold him tight plz...

1 Like

Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 03, 2013
lynpetra: I actually called him right now to tell him that we are gonna have a conversation tonight....will call it quit.I know I deserve better.Thanks to everyone who has contributed.
plz dont do thiz.....#u wont say i didnt warn u#ooh u want a wife beater and a drunkard abi.....hey gurl take it easy...u can change him for real.....
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Jovanna(f): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2013
deobaba: Am i the only one that can see that this is a selective and biased assessment of a relationship? @ Op isn't this called being carefree I mean is that supposed to mean that he doesn't love you so if he does your laundry, delivers the fish to your mum means he can sacrifice and is a perfect man grin grin Please please this is an 8 year relationship and these excuses you are writing here seems fishy.Honestly my opinion is that you have started seeing someone better around you in that Abuja and all of a sudden the things you do without stress have sudden become a big deal (assumption) Men can be changed genuinely and if you really love him and want him to, you just have to make him see reasons why a change in his attitude will benefit you both, but anyone that advices you to terminate an 8 year relationship because of thess little inadequacies your man has is not doing so in your best interest. Unless there is something else you are not saying wink
wow! U spoke my mind!
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by deols(f): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2013
heheheh. funny enough the ones making mouth here probably put their women in high esteem in private o. The one who listens to them is d mumu!

The man Op talks about has a big problem.If he wouldnt deliver the fish for example, he should have made it clear to her with reasons rather than making it get spoilt. he is a sissy! giving silly excuses for his silly actions.
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by AnodaIT(m): 1:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
[size=13pt] I'm just tired of hearing girls turning to slaves in a BOYFRIEND's house. Somebody who have not seen your parent.
OP, get married
[/size]

Girls will never fail to amuse me

1 Like

Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by dabrake(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
I pray, after the breakup, he dates my 1st ex.
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
deols:
The man Op talks about has a big problem.If he wouldnt deliver the fish for example, he should have made it clear to her with reasons rather than making it get spoilt. he is a sissy! giving silly excuses for his silly actions.

I agree.
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by wazobiaforu(m): 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2013
I swear GOOD women they suffer ooooo, travelling by road from Abj to lasgidi and he did not care.

I will not even allow my lady to come and wash cloth all the way from abuja, she will rather come to have fun,go to club,eateries, hang out, you even still wash and he can not spread?

PLZ leave him and accept one of those guy on the queue that will appreciate you but i bet he will come back to beg

1 Like

Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by bknight: 1:16pm On Apr 03, 2013
Poster: my partner doesn't knw how to pray
NL: Leave him

Poster: I'm scared of dogs & there r many dogs in his house
NL people: Leave him

Poster: I am catholic, she's MFM
NL: dump her sorry asss

Poster: he plays too much AC
NL: dump the looser

Poster: His nails are too long
NL advice: break up with him, he's no good
Smh! Ppl wit more problems in their lives than d devil turn themselves to relationship doctors here. Shout out to #teamNLadvisers

2 Likes

Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by deols(f): 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2013
Okija_juju:

Typical woman!!! angry

Why cant you bet that the new girl does not behave as badly as the old?! angry

Instead of advicing her to learn how to be a good woman, you are encouraging her to break-up with a man that dosent cheat on her or even beats her.

I hope you will still be there to be advicing her on break-ups when she is 60 and still single. angry

So not beating a woman is now a standard? shouldn't that be normal?

Nothing in d Op says she is a bad woman. She is in fact overdoing the goodness. Nothing to advise her on in that regard.

There is no way I would make a washer woman for someone I am not married to. NEVER.

In fact, she should be d epitome of a girl being real good to a man. If he cannot reciprocate d goodness, he doesn't deserve her and should be sent packing tongue
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2013
Daresh: My sister I would not ask you to quit o, just stop doing all those things you do and see what will happen. Dont travel to Lagos and go thru hell to see him, dont wash his clothes(God forbid I was a bf clothes, I never wash my own finish) angry . Dont buy his water abi r u his slave? Leave all that tin, when you show him you are a queen he will treat you as such. I never ever washed or did any work when I was dating, b4 one man will think I am his maid. Imagine him piling up clothes for you to wash? You be LG washer? Let him come and find you. When you marry and he loses his job thats how he will cross leg waiting for you to provide for him. Woman be careful.
all this speakz alot of whom u're....too bad
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
Never fighting with your partner is a sign of distance.
It shows that you don't really know each other.
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
Av bin there done that.the funny tin is ur guy cld have anoda person(Lady)who bosses him around and treats you like dirt.pls try hard and liv ds guy.He's not worth the pains!
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by anitank(f): 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
Okija_juju:

Dont mind her!! Make she no appreciate the one wey she get!! Na because she don see as ehn cool na ehn make she wan turn am to house boy wey she go dey send go buy water, carry fish go her brother house, spread cloth for line, e.t.c.
ONE DAY!! She go send amm go market, tell am to buy pad for her and even tell am to wash her pkata wey blood don stain! !! angry

If I see this her guy, I swear, na slap ehn go chop!! He is a disgrace to MEN around the world. angry
I sincerely want to believe someone stole ur NL password because this is not the intelligent okija_juju I know.
So asking her boyfrnd to help her deliver fish to her brother is now a sign of disrespect? Wow! Men!

I'm just surprised you think a man helping out his girlfrnd with little things makes him a DISGRACE. I must say I'm shocked at this and even more shocked itts coming from you.

@op, don't be so fast to call it quits with ur man because the next person u meet may be worse (most men are lazy when it comes to chores). Think about the good side of him and the reasons u've been with him till now, if they far outweigh this behaviour of his, then just talk to him about it. But if u feel u're helpless and can't take it anymore, then be mature and handle the breakup without drama........goodluck!
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by greedie1(f): 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
LastApostle:
My dear if I had a hectic day at the office maybe my superior queried my performance and upon that on my way home I branch into KFC to buy you snack( appertizer) as option to wait when dinner would be ready having dropped money for food before leaving to the office in the morning and because you are still on the dinner preparation which you are supposed to be done with earlier then instruct me to go downstairs for drinks to munch the snacks... If I finish scattering your mouth ehh, e go better thunder fire am than for me to smack am! ***seriously***

seriously? u don't want to go there...

do u mean dat she is jobless? or dat she devotes less time, energy and effort to her job? perhaps she is superhuman and can have a hectic day, still make dinner and dash off to buy drinks so dat d man of d house can ve something to wash down his snacks while he waits for d main meal?

take it back!!!!!
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
lynpetra: I actually called him right now to tell him that we are gonna have a conversation tonight....will call it quit.I know I deserve better.Thanks to everyone who has contributed.
You are definitely doing the right thing. While I am out here looking for a sincerely dedicated mate, those that have them seem not to know their worth. You will definitely get a better person.
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by nikkyshyne(f): 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
Okija_juju:

Who told you infidelity is the only reason for a break-up? I don't pray to have such an uncaring boyfriend cox it sure wouldn't get better at marriage considering having kids to tend to.

Sometimes, a man's action compels a woman to nag. We all have emotional needs. He should be ready to change before we can take it to the next level. I can't boast I have a sweetheart if he has a nonchalant attitude towards my needs.(I am not talking financial)

1 Like

Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by bukatyne(f): 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2013
lynpetra: Well,the am so certain that he loves me but he is sooooo selfish.One of the reasons I decided to go online with this issue is that I don't want to behave irrational by making hasty decisions because that is the ONLY problem I have in the relationship and its pissing me off big time

Dear,

Love is not in words but deeds.

Men truly in love have been known to compromise over and over again...

So many men have helped their wives with chores in secret before it was acceptable...

A man in love can't watch you stress yourself without lifting a finger to help or improving your life one way or the other. A man in love is NOT difficult to please. He is pleased with all she does provided she doesn't take his love for granted.

Are you sincerely sure you are NOT forcing yourself on him? A man that doesn't love you will never do no matter what you do for him, to him and with him.

This issue you think is 'only' is really very complex. He doesn't care about you and it will keep manifesting in several ways.

Sit down and decide if you can cope with his lack of care or not and make your decisions.

It's well.
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Inca(m): 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2013
Touchy; but the choice is yours. The truth is that he may never change from what you already know. You deserve to be fulfilled; so do i and everybody. Do talk to him and possibly find a common ground or you move on(not so simple though).
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2013
A good woman is not one that does not make demands of the husband.
But OP a few things here?

1. There is nothing wrong with asking your BF to help out . . . its the 21st century. You are already helping out with finances as I can see.

2. There is a problem when an unmarried woman begins to treat her BF like a husband. You are jumping before the horse. Act like a visitor in his house till he marries you proper. Else you ar cheapening yourself and calling that love!

3. I do not think your BF is not being compromising. I think he is just a slothful lazy fellow. Check it out from that perspective and be sure you can tolerate his laziness. He might also be suffering from procastination.

And do not mind all these cyber warriors shouting at you. Many of them would even wash undies just to score a woman. A man that is not self-confident enough to recognize and do what is needful is simply lost to success. How successful is that you BF?
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Okijajuju1(m): 1:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
anitank:
I sincerely want to believe someone stole ur NL password because this is not the intelligent okija_juju I know.
So asking her boyfrnd to help her deliver fish to her brother is now a sign of disrespect? Wow! Men!

My boyfrnd goes to the market sometimes if I'm coming over to cook for him and I'm working late, all I do is BBM him the list of items he needs to buy (and that is always his idea). He has also had to board a pregnant woman against their airline rules, just for her to help deliver a parcel to Asaba for me. And does all that make him less of a man? Yes he has his own flaws but this thread is not about me.

I'm just surprised you think a man helping out his girlfrnd with little things makes him a DISGRACE. I must say I'm shocked at this and even more shocked itts coming from you.

@op, don't be so fast to call it quits with ur man because the next person u meet may be worse (most men are lazy when it comes to chores). Think about the good side of him and the reasons u've been with him till now, if they far outweigh this behaviour of his, then just talk to him about it. But if u feel u're helpless and can't take it anymore, then be mature and handle the breakup without drama........goodluck!

Argh!! AniTank.

Infact!! I cant even speak anymore. You wont understand. This woman is simply trying to control her Man!
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2013
pato405: NL- the wrong-est place to solicit for advise on this sort of issues.

it's nailed even before arrival.

As soon as I read the post, I predicted the responses and it was absolute

over 95% of responses yelling ''LEAVE HIM, JILT HIM, HE DOESN'T DESERVE YOU; bla bla bla

serzly OP: you are one control freak, when you turn his errands down, he doesn't think of aborting the relationship, but when he turns yours down, you brood over it, frown, remonstrate, hyperventilate and then, grab your keyboard to ask pessimist NLders - knowing fully well what their response will be. to better curry their favour in their usual biased/one-sided judgement,you have painted the story to your favour and painted him like the devil.

NOW YOU HAVE IT! hope you are satisfied !

GO get a man who wouldn't bother you, one who'll make you sleep 26hours out of a day's 24 hours, give you body massage and pedicure (as Okija suggested), wash your undies, do domestic chores, go to market and prepare meals, work from dusk to dawn while you relax like queen eliza.

I just don't get it. angry I keep saying it: ''our generation of ladies have lost it'' this generation of equal right has got it all wrong'' it's now a man-run-errand-for-me case. you want to wash while he spreads the clothes. RUBBISH. you can as well leave the laundry filthy. good old days, mothers do these without any complain. In some cultures, it's even a taboo sending your husband on errands, and if you must, then you have to garnish your plea with courtesy. besides, it musn't be too often. nowadays, 'it's do as I say' you must run an 'equivalent errand for me' afterall I've been the one doing it. You deserve trashing

ori e pe........fact
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2013
Okija_juju:

Argh!! AniTank.

Infact!! I cant even speak anymore. You wont understand. This woman is simply trying to control her Man!

Okija, Everyman, even the greatest of warriors is a baby in the hands of some woman. Before her he behaves like a child, a coward, a foolish person or any other thing you can call it. The only catch is that some of us are not lucky to be loved back by that same person. There is no need charging like a bull.
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by pappythinko(m): 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=shizzle11]Your story is touchy! When your partner doesn't compromise for love sake, then he shouldn't be with Ɣ☺ΰ.

Must you jump at logical conclusion n just throw tantrums at d guy even when you haven't heard anything from Him Glad u said its ur 1# though. @op there are ways u talk to pple (ur guy inclusve) dt u get them do ur wish. just watch this. #my two pesewas#
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by Okijajuju1(m): 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
KenGali:

Okija, Everyman, even the greatest of warriors is a baby in the hands of some woman. Before her he behaves like a child, a coward, a foolish person or any other thing you can call it. The only catch is that some of us are not lucky to be loved back by that same person. There is no need charging like a bull.

YES I AGREE!!

But this woman is obviously not capable of that! Back in the good ol'days when women still had respect for men, we men use to help our wives out alot. We would even enter the farm to pluck foodstuffs, pound yam, do dishes, e.t.c, but only at our pleasure and not the command of our women. In the good old days, its a big shame on a woman for her husband to be caught in the market shopping for food.

Like Ichie Pato rightly said, she is a control freak. If she leaves this man, it would be the best thing that can possibly happen to him.
Re: When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake by ayando(m): 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
It just a pity that some pple aren't just lucky. you hear cases of good guys falling into the bad gals and the other way round.
I am afraid to say dis but the truth is that, his orientation of women has to change. He loves you but he doesn't understand what sacrifices you are putting into the relationship because he is suffering frm inferior complex. To overcome that, he feels if he bosses u around, he will show to you that he is the man.

My Advice: Tell him your problem and be firm to follow your heart on whatever decision you might take thereafter. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ROMANTIC STORY: My Landlady, Her Daughters And A Tenant (part 2) / Can You Marry A One Minute Man? / My Ordeal Wth -sinaj The Port Harcourt Fine Gal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.