Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Open Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Open Marriage? (2770 Views)

An Open Marriage Proposal From Linda Ikeji / Can You Agree To An Open Marriage? / Open Marriage.Can you?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Marriage? by Needlelady(f): 9:56pm On Apr 01, 2008
Recently, the issue of open marriage is becoming a source of concern to most western spouses because they suspect it's polygamy in disguise. It involves the both parties to seek sexual gratification elsewhere as long as the other partner knows about it. I've read in some subpar tabloids about celebrities like Will Smith and Jada that are involved in that kind of marriage claiming it strenghtens their relationship. Do you think it's another lousy way for cheating partners to exhale and sleep around or do you subscribe to the idea?

Personally, I am sure this is another masculine ploy to satisfy their unlimited sexual libido. As bad as I detest polygamy, I think open marriage is even worse and I urge Nigerian women to resist that culture at all cost. What do you think?
Re: Open Marriage? by Dreloaded(f): 10:02pm On Apr 01, 2008
You seem to worry yourself about alot of things.

First off the whole will and jada crap is an old rumor that has been proven to be a lie

secondly those who have open marriages/relationship are both engaging in it so in a way it's, actually it's better than polygamy ocs it's not just the husband getting his "variety is the spice of life", BOTH are and if they are find with it, hey more power to them, nah their business. No difference between them and swingers. They don't bother me.
Re: Open Marriage? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 01, 2008
Stupid excuse just to sleep with other people.  undecided
Re: Open Marriage? by Needlelady(f): 10:24pm On Apr 01, 2008
Stupid excuse just to sleep with other people
Ain't you seeing the [b]D[/b]umber generation here subscribing to it?
Re: Open Marriage? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 01, 2008
Let's just say we are racing for the age where applying self control would become history. I feel it's the easiest way to cover up people's insecurities. Personally, I'm not bothered by people demeaning their relationship in the name of having an open marriage, eventhough I firmly have it at the back of my mind that it is contradictory to my stance in life.  If it works for the couple, that is their bloody business. I detest people that do not know the meaning of self control. In these days of STDs flying everywhere, people still contemplate the idea of open marriage
Re: Open Marriage? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 01, 2008
y do pple especially blacks make references to will and jada when they talk about open relationship? wills statement was misconstrued and for some reason we had run with it.

anyways back to thread: open relationship/marriage is simply rubbish to me. cant get my head round it.
although it works for some pple. i guess it's each to their own.
Re: Open Marriage? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2008
Needlelady:

Ain't you seeing the [b]D[/b]umber generation here subscribing to it?
i maybe slow or better still it wasnt obvious. i went through the post again and noticed the letter in bold.
do i smell b1tch fight in the offing?
Re: Open Marriage? by Needlelady(f): 11:18pm On Apr 01, 2008
i maybe slow or better still it wasnt obvious. i went through the post again and noticed the letter in bold.
do i smell b1tch fight in the offing?

It's also obvious that 'blessed are the peacemakers' cannot be found in your personal bible.
Re: Open Marriage? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 01, 2008
Needlelady:

It's also obvious that 'blessed are the peacemakers' cannot be found in your personal bible.

i dont remember advocating for war
Re: Open Marriage? by Dreloaded(f): 1:18am On Apr 02, 2008
Omo Ibo, the girl is daft but thinks she's clever and if she continues I wont hesitate in making sure she ends up having to make ANOTHER screen-name grin

I genuinely replied the thread but since she's such an insufferable cunt she had to try to find a way to turn it into something else

I also like how she tried to imply that "I subscribe to it", Ode, is that what I said? I just said there are better things to worry about and that it's actually better than polygamy because wives are allowed to go outside too, both people make an agreement for it. It works for them, good. Wouldnt work for me or some others obviously. Not that hard to understand but when a person is an everlasting slowpoke, with nothing better to do than complain about other people's lives because theirs is so miserable, what do you expect
Re: Open Marriage? by Cassiel(f): 1:22am On Apr 02, 2008
@d-reloaded
Lovely outburst,lol grin grin Seems someone's got you pissed.
Thanks for your concern the other day dearie.Haven't been banned as yet wink
Re: Open Marriage? by Dreloaded(f): 1:26am On Apr 02, 2008
Cassiel, the girl's irritating cos even though sometimes I agree with her views shes still a hypocritical tart. It's depressing.

I was looking for that thread! I was praying you didnt get banned but good to see all is well wink
Re: Open Marriage? by Nobody: 1:31am On Apr 02, 2008
ibkaye:

Stupid excuse just to sleep with other people. undecided
you're so right,baby. people will always try to find an excuse to make cheating something normal or try to find ways to disguise wrong things as a good thing. back in the old days, when you get married, your body and you yourself belonged only to your spouse. i guess since more cases on infidelity in marriages have sky-rocketed, they're now trying to find ways to make cheating justifiable and right. but which idiot would agree to an open marriage, who else but cheaters and perverts. strengthen the marriage ke? what is the point of the marriage when your husband can just walk to the neighbor's house and sleep with her? .
i dnt think i can bare that o. lipsrsealed

Jesu!! what is the world turning to. , open r/ship, open marriage, what is the point of hitching yourself with a guy/girl when you can just be with anyone else the same time. WDH? that one na another name for polygamy jo.
Re: Open Marriage? by Dreloaded(f): 1:39am On Apr 02, 2008
lol infidelity skyrocketing? Hasnt it always been in the sky? tongue
Re: Open Marriage? by Nobody: 1:58am On Apr 02, 2008
reloaded,is that hotfunmi?
Re: Open Marriage? by Nobody: 2:05am On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

lol infidelity skyrocketing? Hasnt it always been in the sky? tongue
in the western world, there is no limit, dem they reach higher than the sky jare grin
Re: Open Marriage? by Dreloaded(f): 2:22am On Apr 02, 2008
at least in the western world polygamy isnt legal.

osisi, who else makes plenty of retarded threads whining all the time?
Re: Open Marriage? by Nobody: 2:26am On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

at least in the western world polygamy isnt legal.
does it matter if it is legal or not? what's wrong is wrong!! abeg, you might as well say an open marriage is another sect of polygamy. just like the western world formed their own idea of English, they're also slightly trying to make what is wrong something rightful. am not saying this is just from the western side, but this thread is talking abt the western side.
Re: Open Marriage? by Dreloaded(f): 2:33am On Apr 02, 2008
just saying how can people from Nigeria complain about infidelity in other countries

It's laughable.
Re: Open Marriage? by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

just saying how can people from Nigeria complain about infidelity in other countries

It's laughable.
just as how people from America complain about AIDs in Africa. . . yes, vey hilarious. yet a very serious matter
Re: Open Marriage? by Needlelady(f): 3:38am On Apr 02, 2008
i don't remember advocating for war
attaboy!
Re: Open Marriage? by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 02, 2008
Needlelady:

attaboy!
what does that mean?
Re: Open Marriage? by opokonwa(m): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2008
@poster
If what you described is true, then I think it is another sign of the end times.
The times are evil. It is a desecration of matrimony and a legalizing of both adultery and immorality.
Wetin God go judge plenty o!
Re: Open Marriage? by techzone: 1:29pm On Apr 02, 2008
Open marriage is wrong likewise polygamy
Re: Open Marriage? by Busta(f): 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2008
it's another lousy way for cheating partners to exhale and sleep around.

Besides, how do u curb jealousy which definately exists in this kind of relationship. This kind of relationship makes no sense to me.
Personally, I don't like to share lovers or be shared by lovers.
Re: Open Marriage? by Islander(f): 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2008
@topic
Open Marriage? NO way, Open relationship? hmmmmmmmm. why not?
Re: Open Marriage? by DrFerlie(m): 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2008
Islander:

@topic
Open Marriage? NO way, Open relationship? hmmmmmmmm. why not?

Wouldn't I rather ask for an open relationship with you? wink wink wink wink

how is you?? long time!!!!!!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Open Marriage? by Islander(f): 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2008
Dr Ferlie:

Wouldn't I rather ask for an open relationship with you? wink wink wink wink

how is you?? long time!!!!!!! kiss kiss kiss

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. The one and only Dr. is in the house grin grin grin grin grin.

erhmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I am very well, thank you. Have been very busy these days, work, school, family, you know, I just logged on to check up on my peeps, I am about to rush to work, Today is not one of my busy days, but I wish to finish up by 5pm. Take care and holla at your girl sometimes wink wink
Re: Open Marriage? by DrFerlie(m): 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2008
Busta:

it's another lousy way for cheating partners to exhale and sleep around.

It is NOT so far the couple involved agreed to do it.

Busta:

Besides, how do u curb jealousy which definately exists in this kind of relationship. This kind of relationship makes no sense to me.

There is no jealousy of any type. The objectives and limit of such relationship would have been set initially. It is just for sexual gratification only. No other feelings or attachment wink wink

Busta:

personally, I don't like to share lovers or be shared by lovers.
A lot of  lovers do and will continue to. who says sexual gratification outside your shell isn't remarkable and sweet?? tongue
Re: Open Marriage? by Needlelady(f): 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2008
By Dr Ferlie,
There is no jealousy of any type. The objectives and limit of such relationship would have been set initially. It is just for sexual gratification only. No other feelings or attachment

In that case, they are no more practicing the HOLY MATRIMONY, the couple are rather holding on to 'BUSINESS MATRIMONY'. sheeesh.
Re: Open Marriage? by DrFerlie(m): 3:45pm On Apr 02, 2008
Needlelady:

In that case, they are no more practicing the HOLY MATRIMONY, the couple are rather holding on to 'BUSINESS MATRIMONY'. sheeesh.

It is still holy matrimony just that the sexual gratification/satisfaction aspect has been outsourced. wink wink
The couple still live together, bear children and do what other couples do. cool cool
Re: Open Marriage? by DrFerlie(m): 3:54pm On Apr 02, 2008
Let's just say we are racing for the age where applying self control would become history. I feel it's the easiest way to cover up people's insecurities. Personally, I'm not bothered by people demeaning their relationship in the name of having an open marriage, eventhough I firmly have it at the back of my mind that it is contradictory to my stance in life. If it works for the couple, that is their bloody business. I detest people that do not know the meaning of self control. In these days of STDs flying everywhere, people still contemplate the idea of open marriage .

Why would you be infected with STD if the necessary PPM ( Privates Protective Materials) are used??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Thing Nowadays Girls Demand For In Relationship / Getting Married To A Man 18years Older? My Gawd! / Would U 'toast' A Guy Or Girl In The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.