Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,003 members, 7,814,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President (23400 Views)

Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / Taribo To Osaze: Shut-up & Focus On Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by dayokanu(m): 3:38pm On Apr 04, 2013
payless: Michael Essien enstranged father also claimed Essien is 37 years old. Imagine Samuel Eto claiming to be 30 wheareas he played at USA '94 at the age of 17. Kanu Nwakwo graduated from secondary school in Owerri in 1989 but he claimed he was 16 during Under 17 World Cup in Japan 1993. All these Nigerians and African players need to stop cheating.

Samuel Etoo didnt play in US 94
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by ballabriggs: 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2013
lol na news be this.

I went to Fratton Park to watch a game and the fans were singing

King Kanu Kanu

His older than you and me

His real age is 62

LMAO
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by dayokanu(m): 3:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
HAH: I can remember when one of the golden eagles men that won the 2007 world cup came to check the house given to them by yaradua , he came with wife and two children.

Raheem Sterling the Liverpool youngster is only 17 and has 2 children from 2 different women
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
Omo, imagine say Grandpa position for defense... grin
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
dayokanu:

Samuel Etoo didnt play in US 94

I was meant to say Rigobert Song. He claimed he was 17 at USA '94 World Cup. Look at the picture below if he looks 36 in that picture. He retired last year from football at the age of 36.

1 Like

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by ballabriggs: 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
^^^Blood of Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
ballabriggs: ^^^Blood of Jesus!

I am 35 and I look 15 years younger than that.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2013
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by tpia5: 3:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
HAH: I can remember when one of the golden eagles men that won the 2007 world cup came to check the house given to them by yaradua , he came with wife and two children.

what's your point?
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by dayokanu(m): 3:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

I was meant to say Rigobert Song. He claimed he was 17 at USA '94 World Cup. Look at the picture below if he looks 36 in that picture. He retired last year from football at the age of 36.

Do you believe the below is a 27yr old player thats that bald?

How do you think a 22yr old Rooney was this bald?

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by dayokanu(m): 3:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
payless: Read the article below:

http://www.soccerblog.com/2010/05/rigobert-and-alex-song-both-co.htm

That article still doesnt mean anything. This is Africa, Some people are agemates with their uncle. Where men give birth till 50-60

E.g Sarah Palins last child and her grandchild are almost the same age.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Tolexander: 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2013
dayokanu:

Raheem Sterling the Liverpool youngster is only 17 and has 2 children from 2 different women
no oga dayo!
He himself had come out to refute the claim.
[size=16pt]He said he has only a daughter, Melody Rose.[/size]
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4545449/England-whizzkid-Raheem-Sterling-is-a-dad-aged-17.html
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/just-many-kids-raheem-sterling-got-112440546.html
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/raheem-sterling-interview-the-liverpool-starlet-1528167
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
dayokanu:

Do you believe the below is a 27yr old player thats that bald?

How do you think a 22yr old Rooney was this bald?

Arjen Robben is 29. Baldness has nothing to do with age. The point is African players overdo it. Tell me any Nigerian player who still play at high level at the age of 28. A 28 year old Nigerian or African player is actually between 34 and 39 years old. That is the reason their game slow down at the age of "28".

2 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by dayokanu(m): 4:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

Arjen Robben is 29. Baldness has nothing to do with age. The point is African players overdo it. Tell me any Nigerian player who still play at high level at the age of 28. A 28 year old Nigerian or African player is actually between 34 and 39 years old. That is the reason their game slow down at the age of "28".

That was Arjen Robbens picture 2 yrs ago and that was Rooneys picture in 2008

We have fewer Nigerians doing it because Naija no too sabi play football like that though most Nigerians would disagree. But thats another topic for another day.

Okocha for example was playing well at 28
Samuel Etoo should be 32 now that means in 2009 when he was still banging at Barcelona he was 28,
Didier Drogba actually signed for Chelsea at 27yrs and he was 32 last season
Yaya Toure would be 30 next month and he is still banging

We also have some European players whose careers were over before 28. Michael Owen, Owen Hargreaves, Lars Ricken, Patrick Kluivert, Andy Van der Meyde, Sebastian Deisler, etc
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
dayokanu:

That was Arjen Robbens picture 2 yrs ago and that was Rooneys picture in 2008

We have fewer Nigerians doing it because Naija no too sabi play football like that though most Nigerians would disagree. But thats another topic for another day.

Okocha for example was playing well at 28
Samuel Etoo should be 32 now that means in 2009 when he was still banging at Barcelona he was 28,
Didier Drogba actually signed for Chelsea at 27yrs and he was 32 last season
Yaya Toure would be 30 next month and he is still banging

We also have some European players whose careers were over before 28. Michael Owen, Owen Hargreaves, Lars Ricken, Patrick Kluivert, Andy Van der Meyde, Sebastian Deisler, etc

Of all the African player names you listed, Drogba and Yaya Toure have their real age on record. Okocha did not play with his exact age. Samuel Eto is not 32 either.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by otumfour(m): 4:24pm On Apr 04, 2013
taribu wests, teeth alone be like 7yrs, his ugly head, 8yrs......tht face ain't no joke neither.....the dude is ugly old.......add all tht to his real age and damn undecided.....we have a grand papa playing football......

tht dude is old and thts fact......u don't need any scientific breakdown to tell u how old tht dude is cheesy
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by dayokanu(m): 4:24pm On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

Of all the African player names you listed, Drogba and Yaya Toure have their real age on record. Okocha did not play with his exact age. Samuel Eto is not 32 either.

But Samuel Etoo is still playing top level football. He still won the Champions league as a key player at age 30 with Inter Milan

Okocha claims 1973 and as at 2003 age 30 he was still balling hard

He won BBC African footballer of the year in 2004 and 2005 that should be when he is 31 and 32. By 32 How many European footballer still win awards
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 04, 2013
dayokanu:

But Samuel Etoo is still playing top level football. He still won the Champions league as a key player at age 30 with Inter Milan

He won BBC African footballer of the year in 2004 and 2005 that should be when he is 31 and 32. By 32 How many European footballer still win awards

What about Oliseh? Did you know Oliseh was in third year at Lagos State University (LASU) when he proceeded to Belgium on trial? That was in 1990 at the age of 22. But he played under-23 football in 1996 claiming to be 22 years old. The only Nigerian player I trust his age has always been Daniel Amokachie. Others are fraud when it comes to age declaration.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2013
dayokanu:

Someone who went to school with Okocha was on this forum today claiming Okocha actually reduced his age by 7 years.

Did you also know Obafemi Martins graduated from secondary school and 1995 but claimed he went to Italy at the age of 14 with football agent in 1998? What about Taiye Taiwo?
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by dayokanu(m): 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

What about Oliseh? Did you know Oliseh was in third year at Lagos State University (LASU) when he proceeded to Belgium on trial? That was in 1991 at the age of 22. But he played under-23 football in 1996 claiming to be 22 years old. The only Nigerian player I trust his age has always been Daniel Amokachie. Others are fraud when it comes to age declaration.

I cant argue that people dont change their ages But in Nigeria someone can be in year 3 at age 18. I know a Girl who came for NYSC at age 19.

Amokachie that you said you trust his age retired young too. Someone who doesnt know Amokachi personally can claim it was due to old age that made him retire early
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
dayokanu:

I cant argue that people dont change their ages But in Nigeria someone can be in year 3 at age 18. I know a Girl who came for NYSC at age 19.

Amokachie that you said you trust his age retired young too. Someone who doesnt know Amokachi personally can claim it was due to old age that made him retire early

He retired because of bad knee. Doctors advised him to hang up his boot. I used to live in kaduna and Abuja and I know people who went to school with him.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by dayokanu(m): 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

He retired because of bad knee. Doctors advised him to hang up his boot. I used to live in kaduna and Abuja and I know people who went to school with him.

It can be argued that it was due to old age that made his injury not to heal on time

We all know healing slows down with age

I am not doubting Amokachis age because I dont know him but a lot of people use circumsantial evidence to arrive at their conclusion e.g Unhealing injuries, Having a child or "looks old"
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by dayokanu(m): 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

Someone who went to school with Okocha was on this forum today claiming Okocha actually reduced his age by 7 years.

Did you also know Obafemi Martins graduated from secondary school and 1995 but claimed he went to Italy at the age of 14 with football agent in 1998? What about Taiye Taiwo?

Secondary school graduation doesnt mean much in a country like Nigeria, Unlike in US when your age determines your class.

If you tell many of the guys I went to secondary school with my age, they would argue because I was the tallest but I finished SS3 before my 15th birthday

Most of my mates when we finished were 18,19 and above

I never skipped any class. I did Primary 6 and finished SS3

If i did like some people nowadays i.e Jump from primary 4 and skip ss3 I could have finished before 13-14yrs and people would come and argue that I am older

2 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by iker: 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
I remember Yakubu Aiyebgeni joined Everton at age 24 , and left to play for Leicester City as a 23 year old
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Mcleo007(m): 5:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

That means he graduated from secondary school in 1989 at the age of 13. LMAO

It is possible. I graduated secondary school at age 14; my kid sis at 13. So? By appearance, I look almost 10yrs older than my age.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by creativemusic: 6:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin this oyinbo people dey are funny after what time grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by hardbody: 7:30pm On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

You are very stu.pid. Why must one lie when it comes to declaring their age? Have you read how John Obi Mikel was ridiculed last year at Chelsea training base on his birthday. After he was presented a cake, it was John Terry who asked him if he was truely 24 or just his footbal age. It seems you must have been lieing your way too. When Nigerian get caught lieing in western countries, it affects every other Nigerian abroad. So many Nigerians giving us bad names. Enough!

If it is okay to lie about your age, then it is okay to lie about education qualification.

Did you just call me stvpid? Perhaps you are right. I dont bandy insults. It would be preferable if you made a logical point, i usually bow to superior argument not to invectives. When you have reviewed your manners, we can talk. Have a good evening.

1 Like

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
arantess: no be small broda, mikel obi(26),real age 32(ask P Square), martins obafemi, taye taiwo, yakubu, aghahowa,chrisantus, stanley okoro....i could go on
u 4get Pius Ikedia, MARTINS NA 41 PLUS CONFIRM! grin
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:49pm On Apr 04, 2013
Mcleo007:

It is possible. I graduated secondary school at age 14; my kid sis at 13. So? By appearance, I look almost 10yrs older than my age.
which skool be dat? Mango tree skool? make unu no come dey wash us here ooo! shocked
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by ckkris: 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
iker: I remember Yakubu Aiyebgeni joined Everton at age 24 , and left to play for Leicester City as a 23 year old
Africa Magic.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by goldfish80(m): 10:02pm On Apr 04, 2013
dayokanu:

Secondary school graduation doesnt mean much in a country like Nigeria, Unlike in US when your age determines your class.

If you tell many of the guys I went to secondary school with my age, they would argue because I was the tallest but I finished SS3 before my 15th birthday
Most of my mates when we finished were 18,19 and above

I never skipped any class. I did Primary 6 and finished SS3

If i did like some people nowadays i.e Jump from primary 4 and skip ss3 I could have finished before 13-14yrs and people would come and argue that I am older
Oga you can lie for Africa sha. So ure saying you enrolled into primary school at the age of 2-3yrs old. Kai! Even the genius of Isaac Newton/Shakespare/Einstien didn't achieve this in their life time!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub / FIFA Unveils The Design For Russia 2018 World Cup Ticket / Iheanacho Scores First Goal For Leicester In 12 Months (Video).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.