Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President (23398 Views)

Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / Taribo To Osaze: Shut-up & Focus On Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by ckkris: 10:15am On Apr 04, 2013
josh4ever:

You forgot "wonder boy" Bartholomew Ogbeche, who claimed he was 18years in 2002, while he was much older. He graduated from FGC OKIGWE in 95 and would have been at worst 16years. With his age falsification, it meant he graduated at 10! Trust me, I was 11 in 95 wink
Trust you? I jump and pass.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by ifebosco: 10:17am On Apr 04, 2013
payless: Michael Essien enstranged father also claimed Essien is 37 years old. Imagine Samuel Eto claiming to be 30 wheareas he played at USA '94 at the age of 17. Kanu Nwakwo graduated from secondary school in Owerri in 1989 but he claimed he was 16 during Under 17 World Cup in Japan 1993. All these Nigerians and African players need to stop cheating.
take etoo out of that,i know him from cameroon to madrid, child hood story.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Tolexander: 10:18am On Apr 04, 2013
St.Ola:

The youngest Cameroonian at the France '98 world cup was Desire Job. He and Michael Owen where the youngest.

I doubt that Eto'o played at France '98. He played at Ghana/Nigeria 2000 at age 19.
Michael Owen was the youngest scorer france '98

wikipaedia: Joseph-Désiré Job (born
1 December 1977 in
Vénissieux, Rhône) is a
former French-born
Cameroonian football
striker . He also plays for
the Cameroon national
team.

yahoo: Who was the youngest
player in 1998 world
cup in France?
He is now playing for
one of the best team in
Spain
Asked by afrilighton - 7
years ago -
Resolved Question:
Report Abuse
Best Answer
The youngest player in
1998 World Cup in
France was Samuel Eto'o
- Cameroon, and he had
17years old and 99days !
Samuel ETO'O
FC Barcelona - Forward
Height: 1.79m Weight:
75kg Nationality:
Cameroon
Born: 10/03/1981 in
Nkon
The youngest scorer in
1998 world cup in
France was Michael
Owen - England, and he
had 18years old and
190days !
Michael James Owen
Newcastle United -
Striker
Nationality: English
Born : 14/12/1979 in
Chester, Cheshire
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 04, 2013
ckkris:
Trust you? I jump and pass.

Well, keep jumping and you will end up like a cricket. I was 11 at that time and I have LOADS of live witnesses who can testify, including my birth certificate (not affidavit).

I can also get 10 credible classmates of Ogbeche to testify that the dude was n their class as well as get the records from FGC OKIGWE. So my good friend, keep jumping and u may end up playing basketball for Naija

1 Like

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by HAH: 10:20am On Apr 04, 2013
carr96:

So?? That dsnt signify anything undecided

May be you are the wife of the boy for you too see nothing wrong in a 17 years old boy with a wife and two kids
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by groovie(m): 10:22am On Apr 04, 2013
Okija_juju: I loved Taribo as a defender!! That guy sensational in the Super Eagles backline until that career ending dribble by Ebbe Sand of Denmark at the 98 World Cup, where we lost 4 - 1 to Denmark.
hahahahaha, that thing pain me die dat day o! chai, sent taribo sprawling
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by ladeski: 10:22am On Apr 04, 2013
musiwa20: if you notice alot of nigeria men develop muscle like weightlighter even while they dont go for body training.. it is the work of eba..

the nigeria national team eat it alot.. they dont eat foreign food. because they make them weak.. but eba makes people very very very strong.
The Nigerian National teams also die well before their time, check Segun Odegbami's set who have lost 6 players ! seriously though a diet based on high level of carbohydrates is bad for you. Its not a coincidence that the Japanese and Chinese who live the longest stay away from high carbs, preferring vegetables, protein, wheat and fruit based diets.

Stay away from high carbs !

1 Like

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by groovie(m): 10:23am On Apr 04, 2013
MUSIWA! wat is it wit u & eba na?
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by ladeski: 10:30am On Apr 04, 2013
efosanice: the only reason this is coming out now, is because, he is a pastor, the devil knows how to attack people when they are doing the work of GOd, we all know they falsify ages, but now that he is a pastor, he should come out clean and let old things pass away. it is well
No

the only reason its coming out is BECAUSE the man chose this moment to reveal it
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by KingPradas(m): 10:32am On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

That means he graduated from secondary school in 1989 at the age of 13. LMAO

Bros 12.
1993 - 1989 = 4
12+4 = 16
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Slickest(m): 10:34am On Apr 04, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I see some positives in this story......how many of us wouldn't like to be fighting fit like that when we hit 40 or 44? Dude must have been showing up all those 18 year old 'spring chickens' in training. grin grin grin Looks like a diet of unripe plantains and catfish is the key to eternal youth then. wink

Taribo, bros carry go abeg!
Took doz wordz ourra ma mouth
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by HAH: 10:36am On Apr 04, 2013
One of the causes of age cheating is the age grade competition.

Daniel Amokachi used his real age to play cos he never played in the age grade competitions..

Amochachi graduated from government college kaduna in 1989 .
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by DGranite(m): 10:46am On Apr 04, 2013
musiwa20: Kanu Nwakwo was 17 when he played in fifa world cup.. that is correct age.. he was not telling a lie.. who are you and why are you asking this question. KANO did not lie.
but KADUNA lie lol
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Arsenate(m): 10:57am On Apr 04, 2013
arantess: no be small broda, mikel obi(26),real age 32(ask P Square), martins obafemi, taye taiwo, yakubu, aghahowa,chrisantus, stanley okoro....i could go on
there's age cheat in Nigeria football but Mikel isn't older than 30. I Won't be surprise if plays at the highest level for a long time.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 04, 2013
Can they also tell us that lampard real age is 34 years or can they tell us that raheem steling of liverpool that is with a wife and three kids is just only 18 years old. Abegi make una stop all dis rubish, by d way both oyibo and africans d cheat.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by ozodigboo(m): 11:28am On Apr 04, 2013
Nashoji: Can they also tell us that lampard real age is 34 years or can they tell us that raheem steling of liverpool that is with a wife and three kids is just only 18 years old. Abegi make una stop all dis rubish, by d way both oyibo and africans d cheat.
Stop talking bullshit.
Raheem Sterling still lives with his Mum in London.
That was their home when he was playing for QPR youth team.
Liverpool are still trying to get him a permanent house near Merseyside.
They should have done that earlier, but they were waiting to see if he will sign a new contract - which he has done.

Lampard is 34.
If u were educated enough, or have travelled to England, u would know that anyone born in a British hospital must have his birth date recorded and forwarded to the National data system - so, u cannot forge.
Likewise, every other DEVELOPED country.But am sure of England.

1 Like

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by ladeski: 11:33am On Apr 04, 2013
ozodigboo:
Stop talking bullshit.
They should have done that earlier, but they were waiting to see if he will sign a new contract - which he has done.

Lampard is 34.
If u were educated enough, or have travelled to England, u would know that anyone born in a British hospital must have his birth date recorded and forwarded to the National data system - so, u cannot forge.
God bless you. a voice of reason
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by ladeski: 11:50am On Apr 04, 2013
Nashoji: Can they also tell us that lampard real age is 34 years or can they tell us that raheem steling of liverpool that is with a wife and three kids is just only 18 years old. Abegi make una stop all dis rubish, by d way both oyibo and africans d cheat.
who is they?
they who?
you have to be specific here !

there you go with the classic unthinking African mentality (as opposed to the thinking African mentality)

Just because we do it , you automatically assume everyone does.

Here's a question for you to muse over

FIFA World Youth Championship took place in Nigeria in 1999. Amongst others the following players were at that tournament

1. Seydou Keita (still plays)
2. edu (still plays)
3. Xavi (still plays)
4. Cambiasso (still plays)
5. Mahamadou Diarra (still plays)
6. Ronaldinho (still plays
7. santa cruz (still plays)

Where is our young friend Julius Aghahowa?

1 Like

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by modluk: 11:51am On Apr 04, 2013
Pastorrrrrrrrrr
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by andyanders: 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
Allow these guys be.It is rather good for them to have used their talent to feed themselves and family , than to have turned to become armed robbers with the strength they invested on their God gifted talents. If they like, let them be 100 yrs old and still playing. 90 % of government workers in Federal and states civil service, all falsified their ages to still be working in their respective offices. Most of them retire from civil service after 70 yrs, still claiming 50. What of OBJ and their likes? Who among us here that have not lied in his or her life time? Sin is sin no matter how small. Allow Taribo be. This is someone that came out of abject poverty, took crime and God saved him through football. Keshi and their likes also lied of their ages. All of them. Nobody is clean as far as age football issue are concerned.

1 Like

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Sogo10: 12:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
mumumugu: I thought he was a pastor.
bad boy
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
ckkris:

Bad belle?

For wetin na ? U or Him be my God ?

A fool is always in a haste to display foolishness.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2013
ozodigboo:
Stop talking bullshit.

Lampard is 34.
u should stop saying tins you dont know, you travelling to england does not make u d most inteligent person on dis forum. By the way who is asking u if sterling is living with his parents or not, but d tin i want u to understand is dat sterling is married and he is with three kids. Pls make google ur friend and for ur information, staying with ur parents doesn't make u a young boy. Lampard is older than 34 years and u knw dat right inside u but u dont want to say d truth.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by badesco(m): 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
This does not only apply to Taribo West alone but to so many of them like. J.J.Okocha, Nwakwo Kanu etc. Since Taribo is now a pastor, i think he should now be bold enough to either deny or otherwise.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by ddeola: 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
Story story o,abeg make I balance with my guy jare!
musiwa20: taribo did not lie.. that is taribo correct age.. take my word for it..
why would taribo lie over his age..

he is telling you his true age..

they were not telling lies.

this is why they perform well, it is call eba, it has high rate of Carbohydrate , so it makes them strong and play longer on the field of play..
food in north america make people weaker .. compare to eba.. it make people feel strong..

I became weaker when i stop eating eba.. even when i eat, i know it in my body..
www.nairaland.com/attachments/288033_eba_and_egusi_soup_jpg384b9bf2fa7b0cdd05c2092f8d9b877e
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by badesco(m): 1:44pm On Apr 04, 2013
ddeola: Story story o,abeg make I balance with my guy jare!

Dis one na real eba abi na photoshop eba..
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
Nashoji: u should stop saying tins you dont know, you travelling to england does not make u d most inteligent person on dis forum. By the way who is asking u if sterling is living with his parents or not, but d tin i want u to understand is dat sterling is married and he is with three kids. Pls make google ur friend and for ur information, staying with ur parents doesn't make u a young boy. Lampard is older than 34 years and u knw dat right inside u but u dont want to say d truth.
No, Sterling has only one child.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by BabaOlowo: 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
At least he delivered!
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Tolexander: 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2013
alekside: No, Sterling has only one child.
Melody Rose
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by rasroland: 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2013
remember our victorious 1993 u-17 worldcup players were welcomed at the airport by their wives n kids.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2013
hardbody:

Keep calculating his age while he is creaming out on bucks. It is this same attitude of 'killing our own' that has kept us where we are till date.

Oyinbo no dey cheat for age but them use all manner of medical support but no one is gonna talk about those because being oyinbos they are supreme. Awon mumu oshi

You are very stu.pid. Why must one lie when it comes to declaring their age? Have you read how John Obi Mikel was ridiculed last year at Chelsea training base on his birthday. After he was presented a cake, it was John Terry who asked him if he was truely 24 or just his footbal age. It seems you must have been lieing your way too. When Nigerian get caught lieing in western countries, it affects every other Nigerian abroad. So many Nigerians giving us bad names. Enough!

If it is okay to lie about your age, then it is okay to lie about education qualification.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
Tolexander: samuel etoo didn't play in USA '94

He was the youngest player in france 1998 at [size=16pt]17years, 99days[/size]

It was a mistake. I was talking about Song.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub / Ghana’s Plot To Destabilise Eagles With COVID-19 Uncovered / FIFA Unveils The Design For Russia 2018 World Cup Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.