Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Should I Return To Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should I Return To Nigeria? (24869 Views)

Anyaoku Urges Return To Regional Govt / Patience Jonathan To Return To Nigeria Soon / Daniel Can’t Return To Pdp –obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by GalaxyNoteII: 4:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
BoboYekini: clown grin but he speaks the truth. @OP, I know how you feel, homesick. However, its no longer about you alone, think of your wife and innocent kids. They come first.

No, wife and kids don't come first.
Money does.
Without financial stability, who will he put them first?
Nigerian women don suffer. angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
OGBENI! COME BACK TO NIGERIA, Don't mind all those stoooopid, R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D muzz-cunts saying Nigeria isn't safe.. NIGERIA IS SAFE, safer than SA.... The only thing they have here is boko haram, and they are only in some nothern states, electricity is better, good roads, etc. Media is just painting us bad.. And besides SA isn't your home.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Marpol: 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
Billyonaire: You have wasted 13yrs of your life in SA, now you say you need a place to stay and also mention that you own a property in lekki axis, you are a fat liar. Did you say there are 10 kidnappings in Lekki ? I can only say God punish you. Cos there is no such things here, bring it on clever nematode.

See the kind of idiots you will contend with in niaja

17 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by playmode(m): 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
redsun: The tale of a blackman.Caught between the devil and the deep blue.

Foreign land is the devil,while his never dowell people is the deep blue sea and he is caught inbetween.

I feel you bruv.

Thanks.I know for a fact that many Nigerians even on nairaland are in the same boat as me but are either too shy or too scared to voice out their dilemma. My uncle who is 56 years old has been in the USA since 1978,he own 8 properties in Nigeria but does not seem to want to back home.When ever i ask him if he will ever move back to Nigeria permanently ,he just shrugs off the question.My older brother has also been in the USA since 1986 and also does not seem to want to come back home.Both of them are now citizens of the USA but visit Nigeria more regularly than i do. I certainly do not want to follow in their trend ,not even one bit.

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by otokx(m): 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
pls wait till after 2015, you can visit from time to time to feel the pulse.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by UD101(m): 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
playmode: I have lived in South Africa for close to 13 years but have been planning to return to Nigeria with my family for the past two years. Over the past two years i have sent money home to arrange a place for me and my family to reside in and have done a lot of research to determine what I will do when I get to Nigeria.

All my plans however have been put in disarray with the worsening Political, Infrastructural and Security problems in Nigeria. I just learnt yesterday that there has been close to 10 kidnappings in the lekki axis where i own a property and this just worries me.

Living abroad all these years has definitely "spoilt" me. Now i am used to constant electricity & water, good roads ,clean open market, parks , cheap ADSL internet, advanced security , strong currency , efficient service providers ,quick access to modern technology , world class medical facilities e.t.c All these things makes my life easy and enables me to earn a decent living. My wife is South African just as my kids are and they are also spoiled by the easy life in South Africa.

The recent state of kidnappings in Nigeria has scared my wife who was once eager to move to Nigeria to become reluctant to move. As everyday passes I see the hope of moving to Nigeria with my family fading away. My In laws have even made it clear to me that they do not want their daughter moving permanently to Nigeria because of the kidnapping situation. I have tried defending Nigeria in their presence but everyday news of bombing or kidnapping emanates from Nigeria.

My question to all Nairalanders especially the ones in Nigeria is this :

(A) If you were in my shoes what will you do?

(B) Is it worth it to come back to Nigeria at this time or should I wait a few more years till the security situation get better?

(C) Should I leave my family in South Africa, come back to Nigeria and visit SA once every two months?

Please only serious minded people need reply and please none of that “I am the first to comment” nonsense. This is a thread directed at mature adults with some level of intelligence. Thank you.
Truth b told, I think U̶̲̥̅̊ shld stay put Ѡhε̲̣Ʀε̲ U̶̲̥̅̊ are. 9ja's not safe @least 4 now, as we r approaching D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ 2015 general elections. More kidnappings n robberies evryday. I had an uncle hu decided †Φ C☺♏є̲̣̥ bak 4rm D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ U̶̲̥̅̊.S after 7yrs, he ΨåS̤̈̊ 1 of D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ victims of dAt Murtala Muhammed Airport Bureau D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ Change robbery last month.He quickly boarded D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ nxt flight bAk, luckilY he still had his passport. So M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ advice, stay put i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ S.A n enjoy uR life there.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by IbroSaunks(m): 4:49pm On Apr 04, 2013
If I were in your shoes I wouldn't come, at least till I am quite old. I would only visit Nigeria occasionally. What's the point of leaving the good life I have made for myself and my family to come and start over in such an environment as Nigeria? Not worth it to me. But hey, that's just me..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by redsun(m): 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
It is a fight that we must sometime take on,or else we end up in foreign lands as old men.It is psychological,mental,physical and financial fight.It is a fight that must overcome darkness.

I dont think you have much choice but to head there sometimes when you think you are ready with a back up.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
UD101:
Truth b told, I think U̶̲̥̅̊ shld stay put Ѡhε̲̣Ʀε̲ U̶̲̥̅̊ are. 9ja's not safe @least 4 now, as we r approaching D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ 2015 general elections. More kidnappings n robberies evryday. I had an uncle hu decided †Φ C☺♏є̲̣̥ bak 4rm D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ U̶̲̥̅̊.S after 7yrs, he ΨåS̤̈̊ 1 of D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ victims of dAt Murtala Muhammed Airport Bureau D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ Change robbery last month.He quickly boarded D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ nxt flight bAk, luckilY he still had his passport. So M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ advice, stay put i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ S.A n enjoy uR life there.

YOU BE MUMU.... tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by nosike3(m): 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
drtwist: which kind advice una dey give this guy self, is the rate of HIV higher in nigeria than SA? Is pascal pitoria from nigeria? Are we being oppress by white men here? Guy dnt talk like if na only u don go SA.
Brother mi!! Itz oscar not pascal!!! SABA no dey reign again!! Upgrade mehn!!
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by eldoradoxx: 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
DJDOLA: Heyyyy bros don't mind them ooo..don't even try 2 come niger now..nigeria is more worst morethan before no light no gud road no water our police are somthin else no security...all dis fork sayin nigera is gud if they give them sa visa they wil live nigeria sharp sharp..if nigeria is gud why millions of nigeria que at embasy for visa nah..I weep for u if u try 2 come
If you are a failure in Nigeria, then definitely you will be a failure anywhere. You see the mouse that smells knows that it cannot escape that trademark stench that oozes around him because the stench runs in the blood and not in the skin ! Many Nigerians are abroad living from hand to mouth, managing some small menial and degrading jobs to pay bills and service charges. How many of them send home more than 100 pounds or dollars or euro? Many of them are more broke than common folks back home. Is that what life is all about ? You see the richest Africans are still Nigerians. The richest and most progressive Nigerians are not living in UK, France, Germany, US or SA, they live and earn there living here,tapping into our potentials, cheap labour and about 160million market. I don't think of any country where you can make over 100% profit in just any business. Our tax policy is very liberal (that is when one decides to pay). We may not have 24 hours light here but how much is the tariff in areas where there are good supply of electricity. Nigeria of today is not what it was 13years back, I have in 13years seen forests turn into estates with mansions, in 13 years we have sparked off economic revival that has caused Chinese, Lebanse, Americans, German just name it, all flooding Nigeria for business purposes. So I don't see any reason any Nigeria should flee home. Those begging for visa in other countries embassy are the failures that we need to export, they are people have lost faith with themselves and can't cope with the rugged life in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Philolos: 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
@OP/Chief: home is where you make it. Some of our fathers studied abroad in the 1950 to early 1970s with the option of staying abroad or coming back to Nigeria. I have to tell you that a lot of those who returned didn't do too well over time in Nigeria. While this is not an argument for staying abroad, home is where you make it. Since you have a family, it is not about your feelings alone. You have to think about your family's happiness and safety. You also have to factor in your kids' education. Can you afford a private school? Moreover, if your wife is reluctant to moving to Nigeria now, I would advice caution... my 2 kobo.

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by babe2011(f): 4:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
My advise is pls pls stay where u are or u can be going to SA to see your family. Forget what people tell you to come back home, if some of them were in your shoe ,they will prefer to stay abroad cause of so many problem in nigeria. I live abroad too for a long time and people were advising me to come home no place like home now I'm back home, so many stress here and there, to get job wahala,no electricity, water and so many things. Sometimes I regret coming back to nigeria. Thou I'm not saying I'm not proud to be a nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by playmode(m): 4:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
Billyonaire: You have wasted 13yrs of your life in SA, now you say you need a place to stay and also mention that you own a property in lekki axis, you are a fat liar. Did you say there are 10 kidnappings in Lekki ? I can only say God punish you. Cos there is no such things here, bring it on clever nematode.

You know the sad part about your post? My wife and her younger brother are reading this thread and you are not presenting a good image of my beloved country.It is people like you who make foreigners see Nigerians as uncivilized people.If your brain can not muster an intelligent response to my request please be a decent man and exit the thread.This is not "Mushin" where you can be ranting like a tout.

14 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by occam(m): 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

every foreign country is abroad by definition.... so niger republic and cotonou are abroad!

Not abroad. If you can trek there or go by bus it's not. That's why we call it "oke okun" So Afghanistan and Uzbekistan are "abroad"
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by nosike3(m): 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
playmode:

Thanks.I know for a fact that many Nigerians even on nairaland are in the same boat as me but are either too shy or too scared to voice out their dilemma. My uncle who is 56 years old has been in the USA since 1978,he own 8 properties in Nigeria but does not seem to want to back home.When ever i ask him if he will ever move back to Nigeria permanently ,he just shrugs off the question.My older brother has also been in the USA since 1986 and also does not seem to want to come back home.Both of them are now citizens of the USA but visit Nigeria more regularly than i do. I certainly do not want to follow in their trend ,not even one bit.
#this guy is a clown... Who ask you all this question? Mod be this monkey wey escape for zoo? Stop disturbing us with ur family problem (thatz if itz even true).. Very soon you will tell us how ur daughter had her first menses and how you jeck off to sleep at night..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Marpol: 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
@OP why not come for a short visit first. Stay in your house for at least 2weeks then decide whether you wish to come back or stay in SA.

Nigeria is still a bit backward!

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 04, 2013
eldoradoxx: If you are a failure in Nigeria, then definitely you will be a failure anywhere. You see the mouse that smells knows that it cannot escape that trademark stench that oozes around him because the stench runs in the blood and not in the skin ! Many Nigerians are abroad living from hand to mouth, managing some small menial and degrading jobs to pay bills and service charges. How many of them send home more than 100 pounds or dollars or euro? Many of them are more broke than common folks back home. Is that what life is all about ? You see the richest Africans are still Nigerians. The richest and most progressive Nigerians are not living in UK, France, Germany, US or SA, they are live and earn there living here,tapping into our potentials, cheap labour and about 160million market. I don't think of any country where you can make over 100% profit in just any business. Our tax policy is very liberal (that is when one decides to pay). We may not have 24 hours light here but how much is the tariff in areas where there are good supply of electricity. Nigeria of today is not what it was 13years back, I have in 13years seen forests turn into estates with mansions, in 13 years we have sparked off economic revival that has caused Chinese, Lebanse, Americans, German just name it, all flooding Nigeria for business purposes. So I don't see any reason any Nigeria should flee home. Those begging for visa in other countries embassy are the failures that we need to export, they are people have lost faith with themselves and can't cope with the rugged life in Nigeria.

me: *wipes tear* that was some deep sh*t I LOVE YOU FOR THIS BRO! *NOHOMO*

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Godogwu: 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
redsun: Nigeria is lawless country at the moment,if you want to live there,you have to make your own rules that keeps you alive.

It is lawless,literally.

LAWL!! Please shoot someone in broad day light in front of the police and tell me how you fare in kirikiri.

At the Post... Ermm i think Rossike said it all, SA is more developed, but if you have a good steady income in Nigeria which according to your post.. You do, so my man you have nothing to worry about. Your not popular or anything that you should be kidnapped, I stay in VGC whenever I'm in Lagos with my Dad. Many of my friends do too and we chill a lot, and no one has been kidnapped -__-, so yea... Your safe. Its really not as bad as some broke Nigerians and "uninformed" outsiders paint it aii.....probably this helps.

For all those Nigerians that see SA as Heaven, *laughs*.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
Dnt bother to bother for now cos u & ur family will be frustrated esp ur wife cos things are getting worse in ds country esp day by day with our government!
Like some pple have suggested, u can start wit 2wks holiday first.

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by esanland: 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
Souti and Naija which one is more secure? I have lived in South Africa, that was the only country I have ever live that ole boys put gun in my head, i was so traumatized that it took me months and the special grace of God before I recover from my trauma. I escape death twice, for the years I lived in Naija I never had that experience.

So what are you talking about? whats so special about South Africa where black people live in the shadow of whites? Even the United States is not as secure as Naija. visit South Side of Chicago, visit Detroit, come to East New York of Brooklyn New York etc you go tired brother. Africans/Naija in the disapora should please stop projecting Europe, America, overseas as if is heaven on earth.

The earlier you go home, put your foot somewhere the better. I live outside Naija but I am going back home soon. whether light dey, no road, I dey go home, is a matter of time, things will be settle in Naija. And Nigeria will become the industrial base of Africa in the very near future.

if you want to move to Naija, do it gradually, don't rush your family at home once, you go in there set up business once you are settle you can move your family in. Everything is about planning.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by playmode(m): 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
babe2011: My advise is pls pls stay where u are or u can be going to SA to see your family. Forget what people tell you to come back home, if some of them were in your shoe ,they will prefer to stay abroad cause of so many problem in nigeria. I live abroad too for a long time and people were advising me to come home no place like home now I'm back home, so many stress here and there, to get job wahala,no electricity, water and so many things. Sometimes I regret coming back to nigeria. Thou I'm not saying I'm not proud to be a nigerian.

I am so sorry to hear about your experience,i hope things get better for you.I had a friend who left SA in 2010 but returned in 2011 because he could not get used to living in Naija again.At the time i thought he was crazy but here i am in 2013 in almost the same shoes as him.I guess for each person it is a different scenario.Life has a way of throwing curves balls at people.

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Oshiite: 5:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
Rossikk: This is the problem with the media, exaggeration, and anti-Nigerian propaganda. Look at how this man's mind has been poisoned against Nigeria to the point where he cannot even see his country as it is, as opposed to the way enemies of progress want him to see it.

Please poster, if you want to return home, please feel free to do so. Infrastructure is getting better by the day, and is most certainly BETTER than when you left Nigeria 13 years ago. Most of the major federal highways are fixed or undergoing major renovation. 15 airports have been (and are being) completely remodelled. Major cities like Lagos, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Calabar etc are witnessing major infrastructural transformation. The railways are seeing unprecedented investment as is the power sector. In fact power generation has doubled in the last two years and many homes and businesses have seen greatly improved supply, with more plants coming on stream. The power sector is being privatized, so is certain to transform the sector as the telecoms privatization did to that sector.

Security wise, you are SAFER in Nigeria than in South Africa.

I repeat for sake of emphasis:

Security wise, you are SAFER in Nigeria than in South Africa.

In fact you are at least 3 times safer in Nigeria if you compare the crime rate in the two countries. Armed robberies have virtually ceased to exist in Nigeria compared to the spate of their occurrence 13 years ago when you lived here.

Kidnapping occurs, but is EXTREMELY RARE and you are statistically, most unlikely to be a victim. Even if you were, 9.9 times out of ten you will not come to any physical harm. Whoever told you that 10 people were kidnapped in Lekki in the last week or whatever is LYING to you. The usual exaggeration for which many miserable people here are well known for. There are millions and millions of well-to-do Nigerians, including ex-diasporans, who go about their business daily with no problems. There is no reason you and your family would not join them and go about your business daily, with no problems.

Economy wise, there could not be a better time to return to Nigeria. With GDP growing at 7% per annum, Nigeria is the place to be in Africa today. The Chinese are rushing in. As are the Indians, Lebanese, Europeans, Americans, and South Africans themselves. Hundreds of South African companies are establishing outlets here and their number keeps growing, as this country posts the highest returns on investment of any country in the developing world. The Nigerian middle class is growing, and poverty is reducing. The World Bank recently reported that poverty in Nigeria is on the decrease, as better governance leads to more opportunities for people to make progress.

So welcome home.

pls mr lecturer,which nigeria are u talking about?is it the one am living in wt federal capital abuja or another one u are praising like,pls oga south,stay there till everything gets a little better,come for a holiday first,then u can start from there

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by occam(m): 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2013
eldoradoxx: If you are a failure in Nigeria, then definitely you will be a failure anywhere. You see the mouse that smells knows that it cannot escape that trademark stench that oozes around him because the stench runs in the blood and not in the skin ! Many Nigerians are abroad living from hand to mouth, managing some small menial and degrading jobs to pay bills and service charges. How many of them send home more than 100 pounds or dollars or euro? Many of them are more broke than common folks back home. Is that what life is all about ? You see the richest Africans are still Nigerians. The richest and most progressive Nigerians are not living in UK, France, Germany, US or SA, they live and earn there living here,tapping into our potentials, cheap labour and about 160million market. I don't think of any country where you can make over 100% profit in just any business. Our tax policy is very liberal (that is when one decides to pay). We may not have 24 hours light here but how much is the tariff in areas where there are good supply of electricity. Nigeria of today is not what it was 13years back, I have in 13years seen forests turn into estates with mansions, in 13 years we have sparked off economic revival that has caused Chinese, Lebanse, Americans, German just name it, all flooding Nigeria for business purposes. So I don't see any reason any Nigeria should flee home. Those begging for visa in other countries embassy are the failures that we need to export, they are people have lost faith with themselves and can't cope with the rugged life in Nigeria.

So people living abroad are "rats" that can't afford to send common $100 back home. This is a very **informed** opinion. Now we know **wise** one

5 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by nnenna311: 5:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
wesley80: @OP, Person wey no read your post well go think say you dey stay for Kensington Palace Gardens in London!
Any of these ring a bell? Marikana mine riots - 32 dead, Worse crime rate in the world, home of Soweto all stars, Rape more common than pure water sachet, ubiquitous male-nyash observers (homo thingz), Wetinnnnnnn no be South Africa again? "y dear
Truth SA is years ahead of Nigeria with great infrastructure and much different challenges but please please please dont regale us with tales of superb everything cos we know that just like our dear Naija, not everything is superb. Dont use your 504 to remind me my Fathers beetle is crap - no be person dey ride Ferarri? Bros abeg park well jare.
my dear thanks a million for tellling him, south africa na abroud? Mtseew......
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by playmode(m): 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
nosike3: #this guy is a clown... Who ask you all this question? Mod be this monkey wey escape for zoo? Stop disturbing us with ur family problem (thatz if itz even true).. Very soon you will tell us how ur daughter had her first menses and how you jeck off to sleep at night..

You should do an IQ test and post the results here so we can determine how retarded you are.Your brain definitely lacks sufficient electrical power to generate coherent and intelligent responses.FYI this is a forum not BBM so please type in readable English language instead of kindergarten sms language.Your capacity or lack of to reason intelligently exposes the fact that you have the mind of a two year old child. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by mrjingles(m): 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
OP u just dey chop mouth, the question is WHAT DO YOU WANT? If you want all d blah blah you've mentioned then sit down there, if you don't have the liver siddon there, if you have what it takes and are ready to make some BREAD then hurry on down. If you don't have SOLID business ideas or skills don't bother. If you are thinking of coming to find work forget it , when you see guyz reel out qualifications and experience you go run. This place is SWEET but its not for the faint of heart, and all the crime stats is rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Ibadiarann(m): 5:09pm On Apr 04, 2013
Guy, the questions you asked are absolutely unnecessary. You sound like a smart dude. Relocation is not a joke no matter the direction (home to abroad or abroad back home). You know exactly what to do. Come home alone, get your business or work going. By the time you stay around for six months, I am very sure u ll make up your mind even b4 6 months elapse.

Nigeria is actually better than 13 yrs ago. It depends on which part you fall. For those living in the north, gboko haram has made it worse than 13 yrs ago, for those in govt qtrs, those in the oil and gas sector and those that work out oil subsidy, now is better than 13 yrs ago. So bro, the ball is in your court, decide for yourself.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by playmode(m): 5:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
Godogwu:

LAWL!! Please shoot someone in broad day light in front of the police and tell me how you fare in kirikiri.

At the Post... Ermm i think Rossike said it all, SA is more developed, but if you have a good steady income in Nigeria which according to your post.. You do, so my man you have nothing to worry about. Your not popular or anything that you should be kidnapped, I stay in VGC whenever I'm in Lagos with my Dad. Many of my friends do too and we chill a lot, and no one has been kidnapped -__-, so yea... Your safe. Its really not as bad as some broke Nigerians and "uninformed" outsiders paint it aii.....probably this helps.

Well said bro,good and very informed comment.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by redsun(m): 5:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
Godogwu:

At the Post... Ermm i think Rossike said it all, SA is more developed, but if you have a good steady income in Nigeria which according to your post.. You do, so my man you have nothing to worry about. Your not popular or anything that you should be kidnapped, I stay in VGC whenever I'm in Lagos with my Dad and so many of my friends do too and we chill a lot, and no one has been kidnapped -__-, so yea... Your safe. Its really not as bad as some broke Nigerians and "uninformed" outsiders paint it aii.....probably this helps.

You probably say that because you are not unfortunate to be caught up orile,ajegunle and ikotu breed like most nigeria are.Plceshere suppose hard working sane people literally live in hell on earth,made so by years of misrule by unconstructive and inhumane laeders.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by DJDOLA(m): 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2013
eldoradoxx: If you are a failure in Nigeria, then definitely you will be a failure anywhere. You see the mouse that smells knows that it cannot escape that trademark stench that oozes around him because the stench runs in the blood and not in the skin ! Many Nigerians are abroad living from hand to mouth, managing some small menial and degrading jobs to pay bills and service charges. How many of them send home more than 100 pounds or dollars or euro? Many of them are more broke than common folks back home. Is that what life is all about ? You see the richest Africans are still Nigerians. The richest and most progressive Nigerians are not living in UK, France, Germany, US or SA, they live and earn there living here,tapping into our potentials, cheap labour and about 160million market. I don't think of any country where you can make over 100% profit in just any business. Our tax policy is very liberal (that is when one decides to pay). We may not have 24 hours light here but how much is the tariff in areas where there are good supply of electricity. Nigeria of today is not what it was 13years back, I have in 13years seen forests turn into estates with mansions, in 13 years we have sparked off economic revival that has caused Chinese, Lebanse, Americans, German just name it, all flooding Nigeria for business purposes. So I don't see any reason any Nigeria should flee home. Those begging for visa in other countries embassy are the failures that we need to export, they are people have lost faith with themselves and can't cope with the rugged life in Nigeria.
oga park well joor..mr man can u pls tell me how many nigerian eat three times a day..nigeria a country dat thousand of people roamin on d street doin notin graduate ridin okada..a country were armrobber operate near police brack a country were govment collect from d poor...its a sin if u don't have money here in nigeria...many of my friend stay in southafrica and they are living good in another man country..but bros sory 2 say dis I think u are d failur for not sayin d truth

4 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by playmode(m): 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ibadiarann: Guy, the questions you asked are absolutely unnecessary. You sound like a smart dude. Relocation is not a joke no matter the direction (home to abroad or abroad back home). You know exactly what to do. Come home alone, get your business or work going. By the time you stay around for six months, I am very sure u ll make up your mind even b4 6 months elapse.

Nigeria is actually better than 13 yrs ago. It depends on which part you fall. For those living in the north, gboko haram has made it worse than 13 yrs ago, for those in govt qtrs, those in the oil and gas sector and those that work out oil subsidy, now is better than 13 yrs ago. So bro, the ball is in your court, decide for yourself.

God Bless you , appreciate the way you shoot straight.This is definitely one of the best posts here so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic / Tam David-West On Patience Jonathan / Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.