Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Should I Return To Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should I Return To Nigeria? (24899 Views)

Anyaoku Urges Return To Regional Govt / Patience Jonathan To Return To Nigeria Soon / Daniel Can’t Return To Pdp –obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Gbawe: 6:12pm On Apr 04, 2013
@Playmode.

You must do what is best for your children and your wife. Forget yourself. You are a man and can/must 'rough it'. Don't put them in any gamble you want to make. Don't listen to the "Nigeria is paradise" charlatans here. Move back, alone, for a year and see if you can make it work and if the Country meets your expectations. If the move is good and productive then bring your family to join you.

look, let me tell you this for free since not many tell the truth here. The number of families (wife and kids) sent to the UK to be maintained by a husband in Nigeria is increasing frighteningly - especially among the wealthy class who can easily afford to maintain their family in Nigeria yet choose to send them here. I am telling you the truth.

Our political leaders are evil with how they say "Nigeria is safe and fantastic" while they are sending their wives and kids to live abroad as if Nigeria is about to be nuked. Nigerian political family can now even claim St John's wood and Hampstead in London. Through direct and extended association I know at least 20 families with this arrangement. My brother, no long thing. Move back on your own abeg. You are a man. You will be OK. Bring the family if you feel they can be happy and fulfilled. I am telling you this as a husband and father with kids.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by kekerazi(m): 6:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
I Never Knew some people still had hope for this Gr8 Nation Called NIGERIA Like I also Do.@PLaymode you should be aware of some statistics about AFRICA's untapped Resources..Nigeria is home to about 3
20% of those resources while 53 or 54 other countries are sharing 80% including that south Africa you reside.I'm sure my fellow NLs have been able to convince you and your wife and not confuse you about your idea of coming back Home....160million people its not beans.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by chukxie(m): 6:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
nosike3: #clapping for you!!! Then stay the f*uck where u are.. Who gives a damn abt ur life there... By the way what do u do in south africa? Sweep the street? Sell fresh fruits? And most importantly... Is you wife 72 years old? Are those kids yours? Do you have HIV? Abeg stay for south africa and don't transfer one of your unseen problems here!! We have enough visible problem!!! Oloshe!!

Some people will never grow up because their brains were wacked and retarted right from conception. Why curse the OP out for simply seeking for genuine advice to his problem? If you've got nothing to see to him why not just ignore his post? Were you forced to respond to it? The words we speak show how dignified or disgusting o
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Ufeolorun(m): 6:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
Where are the mods.nitori Olorun ,we hardly see sensible,far reaching conversations like this,dont allow this thread be derailed njare!/please.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
nosike3: seee person wey dey correct person? If the dude is frustrated,mehn you are frustration!! You just lashed on the poor fellow that just said his opinion... Make ur point and stay clear of people's post!!!

young man, i guess English language is an abomination in your family, anyway, I have no business with you, so just waka pass my side
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by UyiIredia(m): 6:22pm On Apr 04, 2013
@ playmode: My 2 cents is that you come and check things out for yourself. Then bring your family along during the holidays. If you and them are comfortable with the country then you can stay. However in answer to your 1st question, if I were you I would remain in South Africa. You've just mentioned the advantages of living in SA which Nigeria is clearly lacking in or lagging behind.

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Rimbaldi: 6:24pm On Apr 04, 2013
playmode: I have lived in South Africa for close to 13 years but have been planning to return to Nigeria with my family for the past two years. Over the past two years i have sent money home to arrange a place for me and my family to reside in and have done a lot of research to determine what I will do when I get to Nigeria.

All my plans however have been put in disarray with the worsening Political, Infrastructural and Security problems in Nigeria. I just learnt yesterday that there has been close to 10 kidnappings in the lekki axis where i own a property and this just worries me.

Living abroad all these years has definitely "spoilt" me. Now i am used to constant electricity & water, good roads ,clean open market, parks , cheap ADSL internet, advanced security , strong currency , efficient service providers ,quick access to modern technology , world class medical facilities e.t.c All these things makes my life easy and enables me to earn a decent living. My wife is South African just as my kids are and they are also spoiled by the easy life in South Africa.

The recent state of kidnappings in Nigeria has scared my wife who was once eager to move to Nigeria to become reluctant to move. As everyday passes I see the hope of moving to Nigeria with my family fading away. My In laws have even made it clear to me that they do not want their daughter moving permanently to Nigeria because of the kidnapping situation. I have tried defending Nigeria in their presence but everyday news of bombing or kidnapping emanates from Nigeria.

My question to all Nairalanders especially the ones in Nigeria is this :

(A) If you were in my shoes what will you do?

(B) Is it worth it to come back to Nigeria at this time or should I wait a few more years till the security situation get better?

(C) Should I leave my family in South Africa, come back to Nigeria and visit SA once every two months?

Please only serious minded people need reply and please none of that “I am the first to comment” nonsense. This is a thread directed at mature adults with some level of intelligence. Thank you.

It is usually best to relocate home alone at first till u get to know how things work here. Ur family can join u if u still want after 6 months to a year.This gives u time to acclimatize with the practices here and provide a soft landing for ur family. U have been away for long and u need a little time to learn about present day Nigeria. Is ur wife white or black? Sometimes the way the western media paints the picture, it makes it look like there's pandemonium here by the second. If south Africans and other nationals are queuing up at our embassies in droves despite the security challenges just to come make a living here, how much more u a son of the soil?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by eldoradoxx: 6:24pm On Apr 04, 2013
Rossikk:

Thanks my brother. I used to live in the US. That remains the only country where I've had a gun pointed at me, and TWICE for that matter. In the USA you'll see small boys walking around, armed with guns. Once, a group of guys burst into my apartment looking for what their father did not put there. Thank goodness I had left the place just 5 minutes earlier. It's by the special grace of God that one is here today typing this stuff.

Compared to these places, Nigeria is very safe... You would be very very unlucky to encounter such nonsense in Naija.
this is just the point.People claim US and other advanced democracies re more secure than Africa (Nigeria) yet everybody owns and operates a fire arms armoury at home! Who and what are they scared of? What most of these countries have is good packaging. A guy recently gunned down (is is 40 pupils and teachers) in US, they packaged him and America in the media well and said he had "mental disorder". If it was a Nigerian that did that he would be termed "barbaric African, primitive,an tha act attributed to frustration borne out of hunger and starvation ravaging Africa". Yet the streets of California are not safer than Aba, nor Lagos. Neither is the streets of London or SA safer than those of Kaduna, Ibadan or Enugu. All is packaging.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by festusb: 6:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
Consult the real men of God for counselling and prayer concerning your coming home(Nigeria)
wesley80: @OP, Person wey no read your post well go think say you dey stay for Kensington Palace Gardens in London!
Any of these ring a bell? Marikana mine riots - 32 dead, Worse crime rate in the world, home of Soweto all stars, Rape more common than pure water sachet, ubiquitous male-nyash observers (homo thingz), Wetinnnnnnn no be South Africa again?
Truth SA is years ahead of Nigeria with great infrastructure and much different challenges but plase please please dont regale us with tales of superb everything cos we know that just like our dear Naija, not everything is superb. Dont use your 504 to remind me my Fathers beetle is crap - no be person dey ride Ferarri? Bros abeg park well jare.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by chukxie(m): 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2013
nosike3: You weren't able to finish what you were typing.. Why na? Did you run short of mb? Ogbeni stay one place!! He is seeking genuine info indeed!! He is a sick man that got married to his grand mother's mate, got HIV from his adventures with south african whoress and he is about to be deported for fraudulent behaviour!! I knw him very well!! I can't just antagonize the poor man like that!!

Scroll up the threads to read the words i had for you. You say the op is sick. A lot of people here will agree you're sicker than the op is. Your mouth is really foul. I wonder what you're high on? Ni you mei you fu mu ? Ke neng ni mei you suo yi ni de xin bu hao ! E
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by samkoro: 6:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
Armed robbery is very rare in Nigeria today.Nigerian armed robbers do not rob unless they are 100 percent sure u dumped large sums of money in the house.

Its just one important thing that u should consider,and that is what lucrative business u have to engage in.A business that can take care of ur family needs.

The best way to go about it is to come over and do a thorough research before venturing into any.In the course ur research ,u should use ur instinct and experience to know who to trust and not to.

Before u venture into any business,make sure u do a short apprentiship.Pretend as if u don't have much money to start big;of course u must always start small to test the ground.

If the business stabilizes,then u can come over with ur family.

It will be ideal to build or buy a house first,so that the issues of rentage will be out of ur mind.If ur house is positioned in such a way that it can both serve as a residence,warehouse or show room,its a plus.

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Fishout(m): 6:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
my broda,home is home, nothing is like home bt i cant just advise u to just pack to nig like dat.though dat is nothing like kidnapping nd robbering in d place u said ur property located unless dere is a plan from relative or close friends.so u can come spend like 2, 2weeks during ur holidays to know d situation things before u bring ur family.small small nig go better.bt nig is hot now ,very soon things will be normal.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Inoknowbook: 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2013
Rossikk:

Thanks my brother. I used to live in the US. That remains the only country where I've had a gun pointed at me, and TWICE for that matter. In the USA you'll see small boys walking around, armed with guns. Once, a group of guys burst into my apartment looking for what their father did not put there. Thank goodness I had left the place just 5 minutes earlier. It's by the special grace of God that one is here today typing this stuff.

Compared to these places, Nigeria is very safe... You would be very very unlucky to encounter such nonsense in Naija.

If you read my earlier comment, I did say that there's crime everywhere, whether US, Europe, Nigeria etc, except may be North Korea. But crime dey grade by grade. You will be the biggest fool to say that Nigeria is very safe, and also to say that crime rate in Nigeria is comparable to that of the western world. Na proper lie. There is no basis whatsoever for the comparison. Nigeria is far worse, and there is no active enforcement of laws in Nigeria. Now, talking about the US in particular, I still live in nyc, and I can tell you that most people do go to bed in the night without any fear of being invaded in the dead of the night. Most people still cruise about in their cars on the road at any time of the day without being hijacked on the way. And when you have any security issue that threatens your life and you call 911, the police will be there within minutes. Crimes are actively investigated and culprits brought to book. Can you say that about Nigeria?

I know that many people do carry guns in the States, but one thing that I have found out is that, if you mind your business and try to avoid them, you will live there for years without having even a near experience with violence. But when you start dealing and mixing up with them or chasing their women or engaging in criminal activities especially drugs, then and only then will you be a target.

Western nations have their challenges when it comes to security, but you must be out of your mind to compare those challenges with that of Nigeria. It is like comparing sleep and death.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by NLGwoodey: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2013
Don Carlos: My guy, some years ago I made up mu mind the hit the exodus flight out of this country but as I was rushing to the airport, the Chinese, Indians, Lebanese, Koreans were rushing in from the airport with a smile. Meanwhile, the resident Americans and Europeans were sitting pretty, and refusing to return to their beautiful countries even when their services were no longer needed. A particular British man cried the day immigration people caught up with him in Lagos and told him his papers are expired and he's got to be repartriated. Then I looked back and returned home to discover what it was I have missed all these while and I never regretted my decision to stay back. Kidnappers, armed robbers no fit pursue me from wetin I don taste.

That's because expatriates get more connections and rights more than Nigerians in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by playmode(m): 6:34pm On Apr 04, 2013
whitebrown: Firstly, It is very sad the way some people are so eager to swear and curse and insult, even if the poster's question seemed a bit insensitive, is it too much to respectfully reproach and correct? I wonder atimes the age of some contributors on nairaland. @ playmode I also reside in SA and have been for over a decade but I will share my experience with you. From your post, I can infer that you have been absent from Nigeria for far too long, you have lost touch with reality, the longer you stay away from home, the more difficult it is to return, over the decade, I have not ever for a period of 1 yr never visited home atleast thrice, not really visit in the real sense of it but from the onset , I chose a line of business involving trade between the two countries, moving back to Nigeria is not just about packing and finding accommodation and going there to start a business, Nigeria is a country with unique dynamics, definitely easier to do business in, and a great place affordability, SA is like most of the western countries, I do travel very very much and host friends who come down on holiday and we get to sit and talk and I promise you, if you don't leave sentiments and start looking home, you will be so so so lost and behind. First thing you need to do is decide whether you really want to and ready to return home, because if you are all the things you listed are not enough to deter you. Secondly I am not advocating relocating your family suddenly, but your wife needs to make up her mind whether she wants a husband or infrastructures, I believe wherever the mans goes, the wife follows, it's called love and support, lastly from my experience, people build their world and comfort around them in Nigeria, start your business and then you can always buy your comfort, if Nigeria is now growing economically at such a phenomenal pace, what would you be looking for anywhere else, just to finish off, fuel for your car?affordable;food, I mean great food?affordable; cash? We are a cash economy, I.e no credits, no accounts, no lawyers or debt collectors chasing you with phone calls and credit bureaus and blacklisting etc; lastly the most loving and amazing people, my wife comes to Nigeria with or without me and when I hear her talk of Nigerians and calls them 'my people' , it atimes takes me a while to even remember that she isn't Nigerian and she lets me in on what's happening in the social circle in Nigeria including the latest musics LOL, your wife needs to open up and decide!

Thank you ,your advice is very crucial as you stay here.

I will intimate you about a few facts :

(A) My wife is crazy about Nigeria.
(B) My wife and kids love Nigerian food and eat it at least twice a week
(C) My wife prefers to listen to Nigerian music than western music
(D) My kids refer to themselves as Nigerians even though they only have SA passports
(E) My wife is addicted to linda ikeji and reads the blog daily even at work
(F) My wife wear Nigerian clothes with pride and joy

My wife is the one who first suggested we move to Nigeria a few years ago before i started feeling home sick.She is so addicted to Nigerian food especially plantain,suya,ogbono and moi moi that she just wanted to move immediately grin .She was not bothered about boko harams or Naija delta fighters then because she knew from the onset that we will be staying in Lagos.I subsequently made plans with my family and built a residence in Lagos,researched which school my kids will attend and so on and so forth. Our plans were on track until last year when this kidnapping incidents started getting worse and then it reached a breaking point early this year when kidnappings took place in lagos.

Predictably she started getting scared and her enthusiasm to move to Nigeria died down.She hasn't given up on moving but understandably she is worried about the safety of the kids.I actually visited home 5 years ago but only stayed for a week because of pressing business in SA.I did not get a chance to look around or settle down.The sad part of it is that i travel a lot out SA on business but not to Nigeria.I guess i thought sending money home was enough than actually visiting and having first had experience of what is going on.I do want to change that now and the advice you have given is very much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by vizboy(m): 6:35pm On Apr 04, 2013
Rimbaldi:

It is usually best to relocate home alone at first till u get to know how things work here. Ur family can join u if u still want after 6 months to a year.This gives u time to acclimatize with the practices here and provide a soft landing for ur family. U have been away for long and u need a little time to learn about present day Nigeria. Is ur wife white or black? Sometimes the way the western media paints the picture, it makes it look like there's pandemonium here by the second. If south Africans and other nationals are queuing up at our embassies in droves despite the security challenges just to come make a living here, how much more u a son of the soil?
@ bolded i love that part
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by ndeepurity(m): 6:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
No come back, all da people 4 9ja don die, stay more 13 years by den BK boys o don graduate. Aji amu

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by billante(m): 6:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
@ playmode my honest advise! Tarry a while for SA, give it a two year break and relocate 2015! You will be glad you did.... Nigeria will by then be condusive to raise a family! Nigeria for now is a work in process.....there is a men at work sign at the airport! so tarry a while.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by eldoradoxx: 6:49pm On Apr 04, 2013
Don Carlos: My guy, some years ago I made up mu mind the hit the exodus flight out of this country but as I was rushing to the airport, the Chinese, Indians, Lebanese, Koreans were rushing in from the airport with a smile. Meanwhile, the resident Americans and Europeans were sitting pretty, and refusing to return to their beautiful countries even when their services were no longer needed. A particular British man cried the day immigration people caught up with him in Lagos and told him his papers are expired and he's got to be repartriated. Then I looked back and returned home to discover what it was I have missed all these while and I never regretted my decision to stay back. Kidnappers, armed robbers no fit pursue me from wetin I don taste.
. Am really touched by this post. U see the problem with an average Nigerian of today is that he lacks vision and has no believe in himself anymore. He would rather discuss what GEJ did or hasn't done, what Obasanjo said to Tinubu than discuss real issue that would affect his economic well being. An average standard bakery you see today in major cities are owned and managed Chinese and Lebanese who then employ Nigerians as casual workers and salesgirl / attendants. Is there any Chinese wizardry there is to baking? Is there any secret in bakery known to Lebanese that is not available to Nigerian? Absolutely Nothing! The difference is that one believes that Nigeria is a place to make it despite the power shortage, the insecurity, etc. Whereas the ladlords (Nigerians) believe that what use is it baking in an economy that statistics shows 60% of citizens live below one dollar per day,there is no electricity, the cost of production is on the increase, there is insecurity etc all the litany of excuses. So in same place where people see a failing state, others are coming to make great wealth at our backyards while we are ok with criticising government.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by McDoe(m): 6:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
Please,.feel free to come home. I can assure you that, with a genuine business plan, u will make it here in Naija. My other advise is for you to maintain a lifestyle that will be devoid of flamboyancy. Be a good fellow, be a patriotic Nigerian.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by nosike3(m): 7:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
ndeepurity: No come back, all da people 4 9ja don die, stay more 13 years by den BK boys o don graduate. Aji amu
I am feeling your point man!! Isi dey there!! U too much..
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Osama10(m): 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
If not for family and maybe a few properties which can be sold anytime you wish,Nigeria is just a waste of time.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by informatix: 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
How is South Africa Safer than Nigeria.

1. Why is Pistorious and many other white rich keeping Arsenal of automatic weapons in their houses?.
2. You think the world didn't see the Maricana mines incident?.
3. You think we didn't know about the crimes happening in the world's poorest slum in outskirts of capetown?.

South africans are born poor Nigeria's poverty is artificial.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by whitebrown(f): 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
@nosike3
Did you not read that the poster said 'his wife' and 'his family'? How do you write such senseless utter rubbish about someone's wife? Even if you are 15 yrs of age, is that the way you have been taught ? Is that how much we respect the women in our society now? You are an embarrassment and disgrace to your society, culture and religion, I really weep for my country . Well you will find your match, certainly you will get married someday and you will know exactly how it feels for your wife to get insulted and washed down by some brainless idiot like you, anyway I doubt if you'll even care because its obvious that whichever jungle you're from, women are used as toothpicks! Just one of those we need to rid our country of and we'd have a better place to live.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Luvlagos(f): 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2013
@play mode, since you have said that your wife is looking forward to move & she knows all things Nigerian then your problem is half solved. Please advise if you have family support back home, as your wife & kids will rely on that to settle. You have been out of Nigerian for a long time & things have really changed & they are getting better. I was in Nigeria last year & I had the time of my life, I guess just like going to any country in the world you need to be careful where & who you hang around with, i have travelled to a lot of places but when i advised hubby to let me be, he was worried just like you so when visited Lagos I did everything normal to just show that things aren't as crazy as you have read, we jogged everyday along the highway ( express), even forced hubby to abandon the car & we took a taxi to Oshodi as I wanted to experience the real feel of Lagos, drove to Yaba Market & yes they have malls ( spur, mug & bean, woollies, identity, mango, zara, movies & etc hey they have shoprite too ( I know shoprite is for the low income group in SA but hey it does the trick when you are in Nigeria), electricity was constant too. I wanted to experience Lagos for what it is & I am glad I did & if I listened or took to Heart to what other people were saying on Nairaland regarding Nigeria I would have not enjoyed it or i would have been paranoid, I will say this a lot of Nigerian are not good ambassadors for their country & the media out there is not helping as well, the Nigeria you read about or see on Tv is very different from the real Nigeria.
Wish you you all the best
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nonybb: 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2013
esanland: Souti and Naija which one is more secure? I have lived in South Africa, that was the only country I have ever live that ole boys put gun in my head, i was so traumatized that it took me months and the special grace of God before I recover from my trauma. I escape death twice, for the years I lived in Naija I never had that experience.

So what are you talking about? whats so special about South Africa where black people live in the shadow of whites? Even the United States is not as secure as Naija. visit South Side of Chicago, visit Detroit, come to East New York of Brooklyn New York etc you go tired brother. Africans/Naija in the disapora should please stop projecting Europe, America, overseas as if is heaven on earth.

The earlier you go home, put your foot somewhere the better. I live outside Naija but I am going back home soon. whether light dey, no road, I dey go home, is a matter of time, things will be settle in Naija. And Nigeria will become the industrial base of Africa in the very near future.

if you want to move to Naija, do it gradually, don't rush your family at home once, you go in there set up business once you are settle you can move your family in. Everything is about planning.
guy u made the best post so far
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by DonCarlos1(m): 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
NLG_woodey:

That's because expatriates get more connections and rights more than Nigerians in Nigeria.

That is exactly what we are made to believe so we can run away for them to occupy and that I refuse to accept. What connections? I don't need no connection to make it. All I need are the skills and the intelligence to apply such skills. I have come to understand these expartriates will fear and respect you if you know your onions. But if you give them the impression they are superior, they will live it. So, if we continue with the negative mindset and allude superiority to the expats, a day will come when people who control our economy will dictate who rules this nation.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Gatsby(m): 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2013
@PlayMode
I hope and trust that you have certainly prayed over this relocation matter.
James 1:5-7 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all.
Nigeria is not for the faint hearted.
As the head of your home, what vision do you have for your family?
Nostalgia won’t get you very far once you are back in Lagos.
Naija is a hustler’s paradise.
Make sure that you are hearing from God before you decide.
Also pertinent to remind you that God did not send you to SA by mistake.
You need to pursue God’s purpose for your life. That is the only place of fulfillment and contentment.
You need to build on your success and not abandon it to pursue smoke and mirrors.
May the Almighty God guide you!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by nosike3(m): 7:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
whitebrown: @nosike3
Did you not read that the poster said 'his wife' and 'his family'? How do you write such senseless utter rubbish about someone's wife? Even if you are 15 yrs of age, is that the way you have been taught ? Is that how much we respect the women in our society now? You are an embarrassment and disgrace to your society, culture and religion, I really weep for my country . Well you will find your match, certainly you will get married someday and you will know exactly how it feels for your wife to get insulted and washed down by some brainless idiot like you, anyway I doubt if you'll even care because its obvious that whichever jungle you're from, women are used as toothpicks! Just one of those we need to rid our country of and we'd have a better place to live.
your stupidity is violently radiating from your post!! Insult me;you're welcome but to abuse my tribe is shallow of you!!Anyway sha!! What can I say to u? You are as confused as your name? Whitebrown? Don't make me laugh!!! go to hades and dine with lucifer!!
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by playmode(m): 7:32pm On Apr 04, 2013
Gbawe: @Playmode.

You must do what is best for your children and your wife. Forget yourself. You are a man and can/must 'rough it'. Don't put them in any gamble you want to make. Don't listen to the "Nigeria is paradise" charlatans here. Move back, alone, for a year and see if you can make it work and if the Country meets your expectations. If the move is good and productive then bring your family to join you.

look, let me tell you this for free since not many tell the truth here. The number of families (wife and kids) sent to the UK to be maintained by a husband in Nigeria is increasing frighteningly - especially among the wealthy class who can easily afford to maintain their family in Nigeria yet choose to send them here. I am telling you the truth.

Our political leaders are evil with how they say "Nigeria is safe and fantastic" while they are sending their wives and kids to live abroad as if Nigeria is about to be nuked. Nigerian political family can now even claim St John's wood and Hampstead in London. Through direct and extended association I know at least 20 families with this arrangement. My brother, no long thing. Move back on your own abeg. You are a man. You will be OK. Bring the family if you feel they can be happy and fulfilled. I am telling you this as a husband and father with kids.

Thank you very much bros,as usually you are very articulate.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by MANOSUB(m): 7:33pm On Apr 04, 2013
I live in Nigeria while i am praying for an opportunity that will make things turn around for me so i can be a source of blessing to others. Where i do not care. I hear there r problems of kidnapping in some parts of d country but my family, as wealthy as we are, have never experienced such things. Many come from abroad but d truth is, they dnt seems to have any mind for investment. My broda, what mades you different is that you have it in ur mind to help people by investing. God blesses those who make people happy by giving them means of livelihood. The fear of the unknown is one of the killers of man. So dnt allow what the media say abt ur country to make a firm impression in ur heart bcus dy always excalate issues, their aim is d money dy can make frm their lies. I dnt care if u have made up ur mind never to come back to Nigeria or not but what u must know is dat ur nt those people who av fell victim cuz ur destiny no man can destroy. Come back home if u really love ur family. Ur children will forever be greatful to their dad.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by playmode(m): 7:33pm On Apr 04, 2013
Luvlagos: @play mode, since you have said that your wife is looking forward to move & she knows all things Nigerian then your problem is half solved. Please advise if you have family support back home, as your wife & kids will rely on that to settle. You have been out of Nigerian for a long time & things have really changed & they are getting better. I was in Nigeria last year & I had the time of my life, I guess just like going to any country in the world you need to be careful where & who you hang around with, i have travelled to a lot of places but when i advised hubby to let me be, he was worried just like you so when visited Lagos I did everything normal to just show that things aren't as crazy as you have read, we jogged everyday along the highway ( express), even forced hubby to abandon the car & we took a taxi to Oshodi as I wanted to experience the real feel of Lagos, drove to Yaba Market & yes they have malls ( spur, mug & bean, woollies, identity, mango, zara, movies & etc hey they have shoprite too ( I know shoprite is for the low income group in SA but hey it does the trick when you are in Nigeria), electricity was constant too. I wanted to experience Lagos for what it is & I am glad I did & if I listened or took to Heart to what other people were saying on Nairaland regarding Nigeria I would have not enjoyed it or i would have been paranoid, I will say this a lot of Nigerian are not good ambassadors for their country & the media out there is not helping as well, the Nigeria you read about or see on Tv is very different from the real Nigeria.
Wish you you all the best

I am glad to hear about your great experiences in Lagos.Thank you for your concern and well-wishes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Offa Robbery: Court Summons Saraki Over Fresh Criminal Complaint / Afenifere to MACBAN: ‘There is no indigenous Fulani in Yorubaland’ / Ondo Government Confirms Rotimi Akeredolu's Death, Governors Mourn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.