Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Should I Return To Nigeria? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should I Return To Nigeria? (24912 Views)

Anyaoku Urges Return To Regional Govt / Patience Jonathan To Return To Nigeria Soon / Daniel Can’t Return To Pdp –obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by stunna2(m): 7:34pm On Apr 04, 2013
hello big guy,
i've noticed how the voice of a wicked few here who are abusing you is louder than the voice of the many good Nigerians who show concern and care for you and are giving you advice!

its the same situation on the ground...the few wicked Nigerians are so wicked that they try to drown out the actions of the many good Nigerians in the majority in nigeria.

if you can somehow find a way to get past the few who will do you harm...then you will be alright!

you did not indicate if you visit nigeria often or if ever...but one can try and deduce that since you have a property there...you either have been there recently or you have people there who really care for ya and have been there to help you put up ur place.

if you are the type that shine...then your fear of being kidnapped can become very real when you stepped into the streets of nigeria and you look like a foreigner as you sure will for the 1 few weeks!!

do not move your family with you to nigeria if you have not visited there since you left as that will not be very wise!
i have never been to SA but have met people who had and i hear its okay there...but that depends on where you lived there, unlike nigeria where everywhere is uniformly undeveloped!!

so some of your fears about a general deterioration in ur standard of living are very real...and pls forgive some nigerians in nigeria who do not know and think that having the things you listed are a sign of wealth - it's not, that's what average pipo have in some other places.

i hide out for a few when i go to naija...so that that 'i am a stranger attitude' i unconsciously - like everyone, carry with me when im in a new place can fade away a little before i start going out...so, if you do end up there with your family...pls try that 1st as my pipo says that a hen will walk and stand on one leg often in a new place b4 it gets its bearing!

some of your family will feel like harming you too, not just strangers...if they think you have made it big and have abandoned them all these years...
so, keep reading and get to the good advice and forget (STAY AWAY FROM) the vicious attacks here...since you will need to do so too when u do end up moving to nigeria!

so be wise and stay blessed
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by playmode(m): 7:38pm On Apr 04, 2013
$tunna:
hello big guy,
i've noticed how the voice of a wicked few here who are abusing you is louder than the voice of the many good Nigerians who show concern and care for you and are giving you advice!

its the same situation on the ground...the few wicked Nigerians are so wicked that they try to drown out the actions of the many good Nigerians in the majority in nigeria.

if you can somehow find a way to get past the few who will do you harm...then you will be alright!

you did not indicate if you visit nigeria often or if ever...but one can try and deduce that since you have a property there...you either have been there recently or you have people there who really care for ya and have been there to help you put up ur place.

if you are the type that shine...then your fear of being kidnapped can become very real when you stepped into the streets of nigeria and you look like a foreigner as you sure will for the 1 few weeks!!

do not move your family with you to nigeria if you have not visited there since you left as that will not be very wise!
i have never been to SA but have met people who had and i hear its okay there...but that depends on where you lived there, unlike nigeria where everywhere is uniformly undeveloped!!

so some of your fears about a general deterioration in ur standard of living are very real...and pls forgive some nigerians in nigeria who do not know and think that having the things you listed are a sign of wealth - it's not, that's what average pipo have in some other places.

i hide out for a few when i go to naija...so that that 'i am a stranger attitude' i unconsciously - like everyone, carry with me when im in a new place can fade away a little before i start going out...so, if you do end up there with your family...pls try that 1st as my pipo says that a hen will walk and stand on one leg often in a new place b4 it gets its bearing!

some of your family will feel like harming you too, not just strangers...if they think you have made it big and have abandoned them all these years...
so, keep reading and get to the good advice and forget (STAY AWAY FROM) the vicious attacks here...since you will need to do so too when u do end up moving to nigeria!

so be wise and stay blessed

Thank you for your honest brotherly advice,may GOD be with you.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by 360command: 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
eldoradoxx: . Am really touched by this post. U see the problem with an average Nigerian of today is that he lacks vision and has no believe in himself anymore. He would rather discuss what GEJ did or hasn't done, what Obasanjo said to Tinubu than discuss real issue that would affect his economic well being. An average standard bakery you see today in major cities are owned and managed Chinese and Lebanese who then employ Nigerians as casual workers and salesgirl / attendants. Is there any Chinese wizardry there is to baking? Is there any secret in bakery known to Lebanese that is not available to Nigerian? Absolutely Nothing! The difference is that one believes that Nigeria is a place to make it despite the power shortage, the insecurity, etc. Whereas the ladlords (Nigerians) believe that what use is it baking in an economy that statistics shows 60% of citizens live below one dollar per day,there is no electricity, the cost of production is on the increase, there is insecurity etc all the litany of excuses. So in same place where people see a failing state, others are coming to make great wealth at our backyards while we are ok with criticising government.
Nigerians have the vision to start and progress on a business but the issue is the inability to make up the capital . China and lebanon your made mention about have easy access to loan in their and when they are in your country . For them, paying for interest loan is like 7-10%. Which is not much of a burden . Unlike here,paying interest loan is 21-30% depending on the bank. So how can a local compete with a foreigner in your country who had is loan with ease and paying a low percentage on interest rate . The difference is clear !
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by ektbear: 7:57pm On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

if you don't have enough money or a steady stream of income that can give you a mirror image of what you currently enjoy then never go to nigeria. people would build castles in the air for you with their mouths but they are all lying. only 1% of the population are actually living, the others are only existing!

home is where you make it - i dunno how people get home sick. i love nigeria but i don't miss it to the point of thinking about relocation. the time is not right at all so stay put until you can afford a nice house in a well-secured area....if you are married to my sister and you relocate her to nigeria and something terrible happens to her, i would kill you!

+100

Stay in South Africa unless you have a job/income already waiting for you in Nigeria.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 04, 2013
[quote author=esanland]Souti and Naija which one is more secure? I have lived in South Africa, that was the only country I have ever live that ole boys put gun in my head, i was so traumatized that it took me months and the special grace of God before I recover from my trauma. I escape death twice, for the years I lived in Naija I never had that experience.

So what are you talking about? whats so special about South Africa where black people live in the shadow of whites? Even the United States is not as secure as Naija. visit South Side of Chicago, visit Detroit, come to East New York of Brooklyn New York etc you go tired brother. Africans/Naija in the disapora should please stop projecting Europe, America, overseas as if is heaven on earth.

The earlier you go home, put your foot somewhere the better. I live outside Naija but I am going back home soon. whether light dey, no road, I dey go home, is a matter of time, things will be settle in Naija. And Nigeria will become the industrial base of Africa in the very near future.

if you want to move to Naija, do it gradually, don't rush your family at home once, you go in there set up business once you are settle you can move your family in. Everything is about planning.

How can you even compare the security situation of Nigeria with the United States
can you get in your car and do interstate highway travel in Nigeria at midnight?
do people in the states worry about armed robbers coming to there houses at night
what about car jackings, kidnapping nko.Can you dial 911 in Nigeria and within minutes
3 squad cars are outside your house, I tire for Nigerians and these false sense of
patriotism that has no basis in reality.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by pato405(m): 8:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
took my time to read all the comments here and I put myself in OP' shoes. it's most likely that OP would probably be more confused than he was initially before he blenched at the thought of coming here to solicit for advice.

well, that doesn't stop me from dropping my 'two-pence', not to further compound your woes of quandary but just from a feeling that is almost at the moment, similar to your worries. I currently reside in Uk, and given the chance: i.e a cosy accommodation in Lekki and a job, haaaaaaaaaaaaa!! I won't hesitate to be home in the next few hours.

home (whether you like it or yes) is where your heart is, and where you have a sense of belonging...it's not where the frivolous amenities you've just listed are.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2013
my 9yrs experience in southafrica, sir, i think you have to be careful about your plan, especially with your wife's family.. bitter truth though but believe me, i ve been there. i advise you come home first then plan to bring your family. like i said, be careful how you disclose your plan to your inlaws, sometimes they are jealous of losing their daughter to the hands of nigerian husbands.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
Billyonaire: You have wasted 13yrs of your life in SA, now you say you need a place to stay and also mention that you own a property in lekki axis, you are a fat liar. Did you say there are 10 kidnappings in Lekki ? I can only say God punish you. Cos there is no such things here, bring it on clever nematode.

AM USED TO HAVING A SENSE OF RESPECT FOR YOU BUT THIS YOUR POST HAS SHOWN ME THAT YOU MAY BE A TOUT AFTER ALL undecided undecided undecided. HOW CAN YOU BE SO DESTRUCTIVE IN YOUR ARGUMENT? THOUGH I CRITICIZED THE BRO, I WAS AT LEAST SATIRIC IN A WAY. AND LETS BE HONEST, NIGERIA IS GETTING WORSE BY THE DAY! IF THERE IS A WORD LIKE WORSTEST, I WOULD HAVE USED IT. I KNOW THIS CONTRADICTS MY PREVIOUS POST AND MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A HYPOCRITE BUT TRUTH BE TOLD, I POSTED THAT PREVIOUS STUFF BECOS I WAS TRYNA BE PATRIOTIC AND DEFEND MY FATHERLAND. BUT ME AND YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY WISE, ECONOMICALLY, SOCIALLY AND ACADEMICALLY, NIGERIA IS NOTHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT...

MY HONEST 2 CENTS!
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by ballabriggs: 8:24pm On Apr 04, 2013
OP relocating to naija is a good thing but it has to be planned, see it as a project. You know your strengths, you know your weaknesses, I trust you can assess what is best for you. Basing your decision on what most of the trolls on here post will be misleading.

To be honest if I were to relocate to naija, kidnapping will be the least thing that will deter me. I visit naija at least two times a year. Even at the heat of the insurgency in the Niger Delta, I did visit quarterly. The bulk of my annual leave was spent with my old man and friends in PH.

One thing you must have in mind is, you are not going to get the same quality of service like you get in SA. It's a lot more different and you must be prepared for it.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by tonididdy(m): 8:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
playmode: I have lived in South Africa for close to 13 years but have been planning to return to Nigeria with my family for the past two years. Over the past two years i have sent money home to arrange a place for me and my family to reside in and have done a lot of research to determine what I will do when I get to Nigeria.

All my plans however have been put in disarray with the worsening Political, Infrastructural and Security problems in Nigeria. I just learnt yesterday that there has been close to 10 kidnappings in the lekki axis where i own a property and this just worries me.

Living abroad all these years has definitely "spoilt" me. Now i am used to constant electricity & water, good roads ,clean open market, parks , cheap ADSL internet, advanced security , strong currency , efficient service providers ,quick access to modern technology , world class medical facilities e.t.c All these things makes my life easy and enables me to earn a decent living. My wife is South African just as my kids are and they are also spoiled by the easy life in South Africa.

The recent state of kidnappings in Nigeria has scared my wife who was once eager to move to Nigeria to become reluctant to move. As everyday passes I see the hope of moving to Nigeria with my family fading away. My In laws have even made it clear to me that they do not want their daughter moving permanently to Nigeria because of the kidnapping situation. I have tried defending Nigeria in their presence but everyday news of bombing or kidnapping emanates from Nigeria.

My questions to all Nairalanders especially the ones in Nigeria are these :

(A) If you were in my shoes what will you do?

(B) Is it worth it to come back to Nigeria at this time or should I wait a few more years till the security situation get better?

(C) Should I leave my family in South Africa, come back to Nigeria and visit SA once every two months?

Please only serious minded people need reply and please none of that “I am the first to comment” nonsense. This is a thread directed at mature adults wpith some level of intelligence. Thank you.
my bro,for me i cant assure you of security things oh.
my neighbour sister came from italy with her white italian hubby and their two kids to benincity.they have being around for 2wks now.the kids comeout to play,they go out tosee places,they evem went to church with me nd we walked cos the church isnt far.this is same nigeria oh.
what u must know is ITS GOD THAT PROTECTS and
your gamily and friends matters too.KIDMAPPERS DONT JUST KIDNAP RANDOMLY.THEY ACT ON INFORMATOION.
TRY TO OPERATE A GHOSTMODE.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by pato405(m): 8:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
exxell:

AM USED TO HAVING A SENSE OF RESPECT FOR YOU BUT THIS YOUR POST HAS SHOWN ME THAT YOU MAY BE A TOUT AFTER ALL undecided undecided undecided. HOW CAN YOU BE SO DESTRUCTIVE IN YOUR ARGUMENT? THOUGH I CRITICIZED THE BRO, I WAS AT LEAST SATIRIC IN A WAY. AND LETS BE HONEST, NIGERIA IS GETTING WORSE BY THE DAY! IF THERE IS A WORD LIKE WORSTEST, I WOULD HAVE USED IT. I KNOW THIS CONTRADICTS MY PREVIOUS POST AND MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A HYPOCRITE BUT TRUTH BE TOLD, I POSTED THAT PREVIOUS STUFF BECOS I WAS TRYNA BE PATRIOTIC AND DEFEND MY FATHERLAND. BUT ME AND YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY WISE, ECONOMICALLY, SOCIALLY AND ACADEMICALLY, NIGERIA IS NOTHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT...

MY HONEST 2 CENTS!

Frankly, that was uncouth of Billy. I think billy should tender an unreserved apology before the end of this very page.

while I agree with you that Nigeria may be getting worse, don't paint it as if there is no glimmer of hope.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Ninilowo(m): 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2013
Super story
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Gbawe: 8:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
exxell:

MY HONEST 2 CENTS!

Don't mind that fake yahoo-yahoo thug. When I saw the thread, I just knew the OP would be insulted by the many fake elements and fraudstars we have here. Nigerians are never humble. They all want to talk and castigate. Yet how many of these losers, like fraudonaire, have even a woman they can call their own let alone kids they fend for and would do anything for?

OP's concerns are legitimate an no one should insult him. Anyone doubting that should ask our deceitful politicians and "big men" sending their kids, in vast numbers, to be raised abroad while they continue to shout "Nigeria is working" long enough to abet their unconscionable looting.

We should all accept OP's reservation because no one wants to end up talking suspiciously about their own Nation. Thing are what they are because of what we Nigerians have made of Nigeria. Silly hacks like Yahooze boy will never accept that. Instead they will round on the OP for harboring legitimate reservation they interprete to be lack of patriotism.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by tawa89(f): 8:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
I think billynaire owes the OP an apology thats quite unlike him,maybe he is having a bad day i think. @ OP come home bro but not with the family . U need to taste the waters 1st den madam and the kids should start with visits den re-evaluate after that.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by nig2change: 8:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
See Mr playmode, western media have painted this country red, my simple advice is that Nigeria is safer compare to SA but SA have an excellent infrastructure. My uncle was killed in johannesburg in 2003 by unknown gunmen. Also one of my uncle relocated to naija and he lives well in Asaba. Infrastructure is growing but Nigeria is liveable. You sound as if you weren't born here. Challenges abound everywhere. Expatriates lives in Nigeria while can't you. Kidnappers or armrobbers act on information. So beware. Don't fluent your wealth. Those who don't have hope in this country will talk nonsense. Relocation should be in phases
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by tawa89(f): 8:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
Gbawe:

Don't mind that fake yahoo-yahoo thug. When I saw the thread, I just knew the OP would be insulted by the many fake elements and fraudstars we have here.
he is usually apt and on point here , guess its just one of those days for him.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by BUSHMAN1: 8:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy @op you sound like a very intelligent man, the only reason i am commenting is my admiration the way you responded to some of the insults on here,it was splendid i have lived in SA also (mimosa hotels,hillbrow JHB) years ago before i moved to england this was when SA was notorious in crime i hear now its better,anyway i can understand exactly how you feel as i have the same problem now aswell (married to an english woman and kids) i am also in a way considering some of the advices on here like you mentioned earlier some of us have the same problem but in denial or perharps not brave enough to ask for advice, i do visit nigeria atleast twice a year and i ve never encounterd any of crimes mentioned on here, thus its not as bad as its been made out to be,perharps because i am not living permanently in naija, whatever advice you get here ends with your decision..cheers mate
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
My friend pls go home,u may not b here 2moro 2 ask those silly question,we were the pple that were in SA when south was south,then hot but good,I see that u're new in SA if u re there only 13yrs,go on ask about these few pple Da south,sumuyi,larry,2pac and many more these are pple that made real money in SA,but where ra they now?all dead now,all their money gone now.a word is a enough.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by playmode(m): 8:49pm On Apr 04, 2013
nig2change: See Mr playmode, western media have painted this country red, my simple advice is that Nigeria is safer compare to SA but SA have an excellent infrastructure. My uncle was killed in johannesburg in 2003 by unknown gunmen. Also one of my uncle relocated to naija and he lives well in Asaba. Infrastructure is growing but Nigeria is liveable. You sound as if you weren't born here. Challenges abound everywhere. Expatriates lives in Nigeria while can't you. Kidnappers or armrobbers act on information. So beware. Don't fluent your wealth. Those who don't have hope in this country will talk nonsense. Relocation should be in phases

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle,may he rest in peace.Thank you for your advice.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by playmode(m): 8:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
BUSH MAN: cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy @op you sound like a very intelligent man, the only reason i am commenting is my admiration the way you responded to some of the insults on here,it was splendid i have lived in SA also (mimosa hotels,hillbrow JHB) years ago before i moved to england this was when SA was notorious in crime i hear now its better,anyway i can understand exactly how you feel as i have the same problem now aswell (married to an english woman and kids) i am also in a way considering some of the advices on here like you mentioned earlier some of us have the same problem but in denial or perharps not brave enough to ask for advice, i do visit nigeria atleast twice a year and i ve never encounterd any of crimes mentioned on here, thus its not as bad as its been made out to be,perharps because i am not living permanently in naija, whatever advice you get here ends with your decision..cheers mate

Thank you very much for the advice.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by playmode(m): 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
euromilion: My friend pls go home,u may not b here 2moro 2 ask those silly question,we were the pple that were in SA when south was south,then hot but good,I see that u're new in SA if u re there only 13yrs,go on ask about these few pple Da south,sumuyi,larry,2pac and many more these are pple that made real money in SA,but where ra they now?all dead now,all their money gone now.a word is a enough.

I understand where you are coming from and get your point.That being said please note that those people you mentioned were hardened criminals who were into the underground world in SA hence why death came early for some of them.Except you are talking of another person, Simunye is still alive and was arrested recently for being involved in the assassination of a South African woman. There are still some Nigerians dying every year in SA but 95% of them are criminals who are involved in drug dealings.Law abiding Nigerians who are mostly into IT rarely ever get into trouble in SA.If you mingle with law abiding people and don't associate with shady characters ,South Africans will not bother you.I live a pretty much low profile life as i enjoy my peace and quiet as well as the company of my family.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by BUSHMAN1: 9:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
playmode:

Thank you very much for the advice.
you are very wellcomed, and do not forget that some of the people (uncivilised thugs) insulting you on here, unfortunately you have to deal with in nigeria..its sad but fact.. good luck
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Niseamaka(m): 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2013
imperiouxx:

And after reading all the folktales, I was like "If someone coated ZA like this, what about those in the US/UK/CA?...... Even Aso rock won't be safe for them to stay and those that married British/Canadians/Americans would be asking for title of Lord"

It`s not folktales, SA is superb, i lived there briefly, the infrastructural facilities are same or even better than what is obtainable in the countries you mentioned. There's constant electricity and water supply, very good roads, world class healthcare facilities, even the weather is same as in the west. The first time i visited SA, i was over awed by the level of development.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by dasarge(m): 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2013
@ Poster, my candid advise to you is DO NOT MOVE YOUR FAMILY!! I have just returned from wasting away 1 full year of my life in Nigeria trying to return "home" Nothing works, and I mean absolutely NOTHING!

so many people will tell you to come back and you will adapt after some time, nothing like home etc.... but take it from me, when you land there, you become a target for many thieves to prey on starting from family members that will steal from you to drivers, Police, kidnappers etc! I was robbed by my own driver(international passport stolen along with many others. (I had to change drivers twice and both cases were due to theft).

You will pay for your own government; electricity generation(noisy generators) as PHCN is non-existent, you pay for security, you pay Police to do any civic duty you require of them, you pay for your life to stay alive! You will need loads of PRAYERS as one day without it could mean untimely death at a roundabout where people don't know the rules, motorway where people over-speed or where you have heavy duty trucks with no form of road-worthiness..You will also spend at least a fith of your working day in crazy Traffic...

You will have to put up with the slow process of business registrations, tax registration, bank account all the way down to getting your business to survive if you are a business man or you may have to wait for God knows how long, before you get a Job depending on which one you chose to do.

My brother, it is in fact better for you to stay back where you, alive and well with your family as everything you see in Nigeria is a charade, nothing works! the Big cars, houses and all the stuffs you may have been seeing on our Nollywood movies on Iroko Tv must not deceive you. The worst schools abroad (at least in the UK) are still better than those over-rated Lekki schools where you will find yourself burning your cash! You will most likely come across pressure like you have never seen when you get there.

I have spoken, in as much as I refused to listen when I went there I have warned you.

I went, I saw, I was robbed but I survived with my family, Now I am back HOME....Yes; HOME!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Ryda(m): 9:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ask google now!!

Or are they on vocation?
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
BUSH MAN: cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy @op you sound like a very intelligent man, the only reason i am commenting is my admiration the way you responded to some of the insults on here,it was splendid i have lived in SA also (mimosa hotels,hillbrow JHB) years ago before i moved to england this was when SA was notorious in crime i hear now its better,anyway i can understand exactly how you feel as i have the same problem now aswell (married to an english woman and kids) i am also in a way considering some of the advices on here like you mentioned earlier some of us have the same problem but in denial or perharps not brave enough to ask for advice, i do visit nigeria atleast twice a year and i ve never encounterd any of crimes mentioned on here, thus its not as bad as its been made out to be,perharps because i am not living permanently in naija, whatever advice you get here ends with your decision..cheers mate

good advice from a true brother..
I was also in Mimosa Hotel, I worked with Papa Umuoji when i was new, later moved to Randburg when Mimosa was closed. years later, i decided to come home and settle but did not find it difficult cos i was not married then.
truth be said @ the OP, moving to nigeria won't be a headache if your wife is sincere and truly wants to move with you. the problem is that deep inside their mind they are not always willing to go with us, otherwise no news from nigeria will surpass the horror stories we read in DailySun newspaper in joburg.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Rossikk(m): 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
andyanders: I stayed in US over 18yrs and I have home in Nigeria and brought my children home to stay here and study before going back to the US.Nothing wrong coming home and no where in the world you cannot get violence. People die every mins in America.
You can first come home and arrange things back home in Nigeria and later work on getting them back to Nigeria.
Home is home and you can enjoy life in Nigeria if you do away with nocturnal life style and know the kind of friends you keep. Stay away from troubles.You will get all the food things you mentioned here in Nigeria.

This is the kind of returnee I like. They don't come back home sniffing at the place and cursing everything in sight. They simply get on with life, and life smiles back at them.

Poster, if you come in with an attitude where you see everything as a 'problem', you will not enjoy Nigeria. Simply adopt this bobo's attitude and like him, you and family will be happy. One guy up there said he knows 20 people that sent their families to London. For every 20 guys that do that there are 20,000 guys who don't even though they can afford to. Why? Because at the end of the day, Nigeria is sweet. The social scene is amazing. Once you get into the system, you won't really want to leave, and that includes your family. There are THOUSANDS of 'foreign wives' in Lagos and across the country, from all countries. There is no great stampede by them to leave Nigeria. They love the place even more than Nigerians. And I speak from direct experience. I have a cousin that's married to a Russian lady who wouldn't return to Russia if you gave her $10 million. Such is her love for Naija. So what are we saying? Just make sure you have a good source of income, and you'll be just fine. Don't let some of these possibly jobless and frustrated people here discourage you from returning to your fatherland. They're not on your level. Just find one nice estate in Lekki or on the island and enjoy your life. Some of the new estates springing up in Lekki are barely distinguishable from their counterparts in Florida and elsewhere. All facilities in abundance, safe, with great neighbours on your same wavelength etc.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by BUSHMAN1: 9:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
991:

good advice from a true brother..
I was also in Mimosa Hotel, I worked with Papa Umuoji when i was new, later moved to Randburg when Mimosa was closed. years later, i decided to come home and settle but did not find it difficult cos i was not married then.
truth be said @ the OP, moving to nigeria won't be a headache if your wife is sincere and truly wants to move with you. the problem is that deep inside their mind they are not always willing to go with us, otherwise no news from nigeria will surpass the horror stories we read in DailySun newspaper in joburg.
really? i lived in mimosa from 1997 until 2000 before i moved to london, i lived with okey amara mma and nze west
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by victokafor(m): 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2013
pls come home...come home...Maiduguri, kano, Yobe, Kaduna, Sokoto are ironically the safest place in Nigeria!!!
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by nosike3(m): 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2013
@playmode.. You have been so consistent in replying posts here!!! Don't you have a job? Where in SA do u say u stay and where is ur wife from?
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
playmode:

I understand where you are coming from and get your point.That being said please note that those people you mentioned were hardened criminals who were into the underground world in SA hence why death came early for some of them.Except you are talking of another person, Simunye is still alive and was arrested recently for being involved in the assassination of a South African woman. There are still some Nigerians dying every year in SA but 95% of them are criminals who are involved in drug dealings.Law abiding Nigerians who are mostly into IT rarely ever get into trouble in SA.If you mingle with law abiding people and don't associate with shady characters ,South Africans will not bother you.I live a pretty much low profile life as i enjoy my peace and quiet as well as the company of my family.

you are right, those he mentioned were criminals, but innocent nigerians get killed on daily bases too . i remember Ababio from Ihiala ananmbra state(RIP)
note that Sumuyi is dead, unless some one else is answering the name.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by BUSHMAN1: 9:31pm On Apr 04, 2013
euromilion: My friend pls go home,u may not b here 2moro 2 ask those silly question,we were the pple that were in SA when south was south,then hot but good,I see that u're new in SA if u re there only 13yrs,go on ask about these few pple Da south,sumuyi,larry,2pac and many more these are pple that made real money in SA,but where ra they now?all dead now,all their money gone now.a word is a enough.
i rememeber DA SOUTH he used to own a nite club in hillbrow, i also remember 2PAC he lived in mountbatten hotel this people were criminals,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

No Completed Federal Project In Pdp’s 16 Years Reign – Osinbajo / Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For $40m Automotive Assembly Plant / Abba Kyari Reacts To Comment About Him On Facebook From Someone He Helped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.