Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down (10908 Views)

Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. / Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? / Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by okwutency(m): 7:09am On Apr 05, 2013
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by digidamage: 8:01am On Apr 05, 2013
niyyie:
Ladies and Gents,

My name is Oluniyi, I manage Web4Africa.
I thought it might be wise to response to the post here.

Facebook is only a tool and businesses are open to using it the way they deem fit. While we welcome general feedback on Facebook, we prefer to handle specific technical problems through our support channels: email and live web chat. We specifically encourage all web hosting clients to email support [at] web4africa [dot] net regarding all web hosting issues. This is because the department is manned 24 hours every day by technically competent people who would respond and act in the most efficient manner. Our Support Team are not reachable by Facebook. We prefer to restrict support issues to our ticket system for proper tracking and future reference. Whilst we welcome all shades of genuine feedback, we are at liberty to delete insulting, distasteful or malicious comments on our Facebook page.

When Idamiebi posted on our Facebook wall, I encouraged him to email support [at] web4africa [dot] net specifically where we attend to technical issues with the highest priority. Instead, he emailed Sales. I only realized that 4th April morning, re-assigned it to Technical Support and gave a response myself.

Our own website[s] were not down at any point, as he is alleging. This can be verified from the Pingdom screenshot. Websites sometimes might not be accessible, specifically due to connectivity issues from one's ISP. I've experienced same countless times whenever I am in Nigeria.

It is interesting that he opened this thread after we already emailed him 3 times updating him about the progress of the fix. This was confirmed by an earlier poster:

He creates the impression that we treat customers shabbily and don't take criticism well. Nothing could be further from the truth. Whilst it is perfectly understandable to be angry and to court public sympathy, exaggerating or spinning facts for the purposes of maximizing bad feelings towards others' businesses is something to think twice about as what goes around always comes around.
Bikko Mr. Niyi, i won't even bother to bandy words with you, your post just validated everything i said. And people i dont know from Adam have responded about how you seem to be more focused on holding your name together than making apologies.. So i wont bother to go there..
And yes that guy is right, going around saying to a client "what goes around comes around" as a company rep.. looks totally terrible..
Helpful Tip: If you ever have a Case Like this again , Dont Do that!!!
Were my sites offline? YES..
Was I contacted ? NO? ...NOT till the 4TH of April...4 days later....
And you're proudly saying i sent an email to another department and that's your defense ? seriouslyI really doubt i sent an email to Sales but due to your weird ticketing system, i cant even prove otherwise because no email address is provided on your site, I had to email with that blasted contact form..Even if i did, that's has never been my issue...(and if that happened, sales cannot forward emails to the proper department for 4 days? Habba Manna!!) From the beginning, i said i was pissed cause i was not informed ON THE DAY, the problem started.
Don't get it twisted. You emailed 3 times on the 4TH, four days after... After the Facebook Comment deleting saga (which sadly we don't have access to anymore, am sure the good people here would have been able to judge if it was in anyway "insulting, distasteful or malicious" rather than a complaint)
I have never had problems with accessing your web4africa.net site, how come it's the week all my sites are down that am suddenly hearing this "ISP-issues-in_Nigeria_may_not_give_one_access' story....(Besides, you run a business where a large number of sites are from a country and the site isn't accessible there?.. that just sounds wrong to me)..
You clearly are unable to handle the bad times in business.. Things were good and i was referring customers and friends to you.. If things are bad, i will do just the opposite.. that's what this is...
Infact all this story is too long...
I wont go around posting pictures as you did like some over-excited lawyer in a court tendering exhibits...
My sites are still inaccessible on PC...
I say PC because i tried it on a BlackBerry and they were opening though slower than normal
An using both my Glo and MTN modems.. (as will most of the people who will try to access it so let it not be the "ISP-issues-in_Nigeria_may_not_give_one_access" thingy again please.. my clients are in Nigeria )

While i appreciate your overnight work to get the sites back up,I just want my sites fully restored .Thank You
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by a1solution: 8:03am On Apr 05, 2013
niyyie: @iv4fb, I wrote: Our own website[s] were not down at any point. Reference was to web4africa.net
Thanks for your feedback.
Why is your sales department take almost a week to reply to E-mails? talking from experience cos i have tried to buy site from you people but it always take a week or so before I get response on my inquiries which implies if I dare host the site with you guys I may be in soup in time of technical issues.
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by digidamage: 8:05am On Apr 05, 2013
So i just refreshed the page and site is up...
Thanks people.. Am currently backing u my data to my PC..
One site at a time
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by Denn(m): 8:06am On Apr 05, 2013
niyyie: @iv4fb, I wrote: Our own website[s] were not down at any point. Reference was to web4africa.net
Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Niyi
Nothing stops you from 'sincerely apologizing for any inconvenience caused ' kinda statements. It calms customers and assures them you have empathy.

Your stance reeks of an 'I am always right' attitude.

I am sure you are a boss where you work but in business, customer is always king

Send the apology dude and get this behind you
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by digidamage: 8:11am On Apr 05, 2013
You know what i just noticed sef? grin
Look back at the pictures he posted,
When i mentioned it on Facebook on the 1st...
Their person said "There's absolutely nothing wrong at our end"
instead blaming it on my internet connection, meanwhile your servers were down...
But NOOOOO!!! thats impossible ? it HAS to be the client's fault doesn't it?

You see how you shoot yourself in the foot
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by niyyie(m): 8:21am On Apr 05, 2013
@digidamage and all affected.

Gentlemen, We were having some technical glitches in the past 24 hours, and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are sorry that some of our customers didn't get the email we sent but we would keep at it to ensure they get the email. Once more my sincere apologies. Keep the feedback coming, and we appreciate your fairness and consideration in this matter. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by Ecash1: 8:23am On Apr 05, 2013
I had similar issues with web4africa over the past one month, just got resolved yesterday, I have more than enough proof to show that, something is wrong, I even have the insulting mail they sent to me.

[size=13pt]As for me, I am in the process of fleeing from web4africa, thanks web4africa for all the hullabaloo of hosting.[/size]
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by digidamage: 8:34am On Apr 05, 2013
That's all.Utterly Simple

Accepted... now we can all go back to work
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by grad: 8:51am On Apr 05, 2013
why would u even host with web4africa, thats the worst web host i have come across, i have a million and one bad reviews about them. they are crappy, my advise try hostgator
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by Ogundale(m): 9:04am On Apr 05, 2013
Guy web4africa is a srewed hosting site. I dump them long ago wen my website was having probes of hack issues.
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 05, 2013
You guyz should calm down with your bashes, some Eediots who just wanna sell theirs, would just bash web4africa all in d name to promote theirs,.

Though am not in support of the fact that you needed to go all d way to FB before you could get their attention.

That's the topical way Nigerians handle their businesses, but one thing am sure about is that they are waaaay Berra Dan d oda sites Odas are advertising here.

Even almighty Google often av issues with their server. How much more an African company.
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by damorac: 10:50am On Apr 05, 2013
this website is down....:www.smslive247.com . i have not been able to send sms there for few days.
could this be the reason?

Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by sluvy4tune(m): 12:12pm On Apr 05, 2013
damorac: this website is down....:www.smslive247.com . i have not been able to send sms there for few days.
could this be the reason?

you can use our bulksms portal www.ipagesms.com
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by digidamage: 12:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
And they are all down again....
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by digidamage: 12:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
All thats left now is to pray "Let my sites just be up for a few hours ..lemme do my backups..."
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by Gim2001ym(m): 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
Sorry, I have always have my own reservation for hosting site with Nigerian hosting. Now i can confirm it though expensive abroad but i prefer it
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by felix2013(m): 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2013
Wait, let me ask my oga at the top; #Abeg NO ban me o#
Seun: Is it back now?
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by JackSparro: 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
sorry to read about business websites being down. Is there any update about the cause of downtime from the web hosting company Web4Africa?
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by favcom(m): 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
Hi All,

I host two (2) websites with Web4Africa: www.entrepre-news.com and http://sms.favnetsms.com

I also noticed the downtime. But as a businessperson myself, I understand this could be due to server problems. So I relaxed cool

Note to Niyi: it seems like your replies usually take more than 24 hours - and that's too long in our today's world. I hope you're not the only one handling everything wink

Folks, please let's encourage the folks at Web4Africa. I've used other hosts with different issues but haven't had such with Web4Africa.

Peace.
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by otokx(m): 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
customer service is a big issue in Nigeria, the providers will always want to pass the bulk to the consumers who they try to paint as ill informed, sad part is with few choices we get stuck in a kind of quagmire.
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by digidamage: 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
Update:
Sites are back online again....
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by cbaba: 10:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
digidamage: Update:
Sites are back online again....
chei! and simple sorry for cure all these things. I thank God for my Zenith Bank training even though I 'hated' it..Customer Bu Eze! Any Situation! And dude its paying off for me and feeding my family with no stress even though i have sometimes skonskon with my service. My madam would say do 2 things first: Escalate the situation and do what SAY SORRY! this niyyi guy na normal hustler wey dey make things happen for him family but that EGO just lost him some correct clients. Did we all learn something from this. I did! Life goes on...NEXT post

1 Like

Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by elnino3(m): 8:39am On Apr 06, 2013
What i normally advise people is this..
When you want to get web hosting, please think hard and long....dont rush for a known name...relax and think objectively. if you cant do that then use plan b.. my own plan b was i reg my domain with godaddy or any other big domain guys, then i order my hosting with these nigerian host..after that set up your backup system to be robust....sign up for dropbox and be sending your back ups there..any time the web host packs up or is having issues just go ahead and change your nameserver to a new host and download and extract your backup and then u can get your sites up within 30mins..
That was what i used to do before is got my own web hosting account..though it might seem like wasting too much money but uptime is very vital in online biz.

@OP i pray they resolve your issues soon
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by confusion247(m): 10:44pm On Apr 06, 2013
I am sure that you've learnt a lot of lesson with all that happened.
Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by Iytech(m): 11:05pm On Apr 06, 2013
I will like to know the website host of nairaland, foreign or local?. I think their hosting is good and reliable.

1 Like

Re: Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down by babsomotde(m): 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2013
Every web hosting company has their downtime especially the one around web africa. I would say that the foreign ones are better but if we are using abroad stuffs, we can't develop ours. Well, I am with smartwebng for now. 9ICE CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

.com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For / 10 Signs of Online Scams! / The Broke Web Designer Is Now Rich - Thanks Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.