Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,521 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? (25665 Views)

Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva / Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by hikmoj(m): 11:37am On Apr 05, 2013
tomzman:
Sentiments! No sane government grants amnesty to terrorists.
sensles talk,wot of d one given 2 niger delta militants by yaradua?so d militants are nt terorists they're trouble shooters.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by ijeoma100: 11:40am On Apr 05, 2013
If MEND got an amnesty and its members reintegrated into society then why not Boko Haram?

If it'll stop the killings and make Nigeria a safer, more peaceful place then I'm all for it. And all this pro-Igbo/anti-Igbo rhetoric is total rubbish.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by ddippset(m): 11:43am On Apr 05, 2013
Tolexander: Some people can whine making devil known never to have done anything good before to feel remorse and repent!

Wonder why they see everyone as a betrayal.
Am not supporting the amnesty o. But when these people where planting bombs everywhere, you were complaining of igbo killing, now that he decided to pacify the terrorist to stop killing you, you are still complaining.
What do you want exactly?
pacify the terrorists? Did you just say that? Where in the world is this done? Can u perceive the smell oozing out your mouth?
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by solomon111(m): 11:45am On Apr 05, 2013
The OP is an idiott.
What has amnesty got to do with igbos?
Is it only igbos that were killed?
Besides,the reason why they 've not been granted amnesty up till now was because GEJ is in power.
If it were buhari/tinubu/APC they would have been granted amnesty a long time ago.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 05, 2013
Duk shegen da yaga amnesty bai mishi ba yaje ya sa ma Ojukwu cizo.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by kettykin: 11:50am On Apr 05, 2013
ijeoma100: If MEND got an amnesty and its members reintegrated into society then why not Boko Haram?

If it'll stop the killings and make Nigeria a safer, more peaceful place then I'm all for it. And all this pro-Igbo/anti-Igbo rhetoric is total rubbish.

Mend was not into terrorism while Boko Haram is a full fledged terrorist organisation with affiliation with Al qeada.

Jonathan should be cautious not to play the Aguiyi Ironsi game and feed is would be killers
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by UncleJJ(m): 11:50am On Apr 05, 2013
ijeoma100: If MEND got an amnesty and its members reintegrated into society then why not Boko Haram?

IJ, the painful fact is that ibo land is quick to judge , quick to kill and are always guilty of throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Some threads back, the ibo faction on Nairaland had all praises for Jona, we even had a huge argument on the SS + SE collabo for Biafra. Where majority of the SS, rejected the idea of dividing this great nation.

We always knew ibo land never had true affection for Jonathan, all they had was material love for him . i.e the use and dump love.

Nairaland is littered with examples of Ibo people denying other ibo folks because of one blunder or the other.

Today, Ebele Azikwe a purported ibo man has decided to grant amnesty to the boko haram sect who have killed and maimed over 2000 Nigerian's. Why do the ibo think, they are the only section who have lost live and properties - in all sincererity the ibo have not lost as many lives as the north - since the north comprises of muslims and christians; where most bombing where in churches.

Why is the east dramatizing this issue and looking for cheap "pity". Are you the only Nigerian's ?

As we await to terms and conditions of this amnesty, lets all pray to whatever God or gods we worships to solidify this arrangement and continue to expose all elements who have come to destroy and plunder.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 05, 2013
Don Demu: We are all for amnesty. Bleep how any igbo man or igbo woman feels. We dont even want anything igbo in the north let them carry their lifestyle of cheating, fornication and abortion and go shove it up Ojukwu's a*rse. Just because it is the North you guys are shouting cos y'all prefer seeing us killed. Yan burauba shegu.
Lwkmd
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by sapien(m): 11:53am On Apr 05, 2013
Kill 1 person, you are charged with murder!

Kill 10 people, you are taken for mental examination!

Kill 100 people, you are labelled a terrorist!

Kill 1000 people, you are granted amnesty!

That's Nigeria for you! A failed nation!

A shame among the comity of nations!
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Faboo5050: 11:54am On Apr 05, 2013
Mr President sir, granting amnesty to Boko Haram is not remedy to the problem at all. I wonder why a terrorist group that could not appear physically for dialogue but concentrated on shedding innocent blood of christians and foreigners in the land should be granted amnesty. It is a taboo and breach of fondamental Human Rights section 33 (1) (of 1999 constitution of Fed. Rep. Of Nig.) which constituted the supreme laws of the land.
Mr President, the only solution from my own initiative is either erradicating the group entirely or vacating the seat for a muslim to rule because i'm seeing it against their tradition for a christian to rule them (one Nigeria) .
LONG LIFE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by ddippset(m): 12:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
Nigeria, what a country! What a people! Who says muslims are not killed by boko haram as well? Boko haram have 2 enemies: christians and any muslim who stands in their way and supports christians or the government. This guys have bombed many churches, how many mosques did the niger delta boys bomb? Niger delta fought our government officials and expartriates, boko haram fight christians, government and muslims opposed to their cause, niger delta fought for crude oil and development ,boko haram fight for no western education,islamization, and gej to become a 'believer', and then someone here would say; boko haram must be granted amnesty too becos the niger delta was granted. I weep for nigeria. The solution this problem is that if our president is too scared or too political to declare states of emergency he should resign and allow someone who has enough bal1s to. Or we should just put an end to this joke called nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by buJu234: 12:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
i can see that GEJ is ready to go to any length in order to win 2015
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Paschal007: 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
Am totally against GEJ on this one. He dare not grant amnesty to terrorists who are Not fighting for any reasonable cause let alone a just one. Amnesty for BH is a betrayal not only to Igbos but humanity! angry
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by ddippset(m): 12:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
One of their demands will definitely be to release kabiru sokoto and other jailed bokos. And I tell you that pvnk gej will. Mend are now very prepared to fight for henry orkar afterall how many has he killed compared to boko haram whom are now about to get paid?
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Panter215: 12:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
ifeduba1988: its clear that mr president took for granted the support of the igbos. You cant grant amnesty to people who have killed our brethren.
Stop making this sound like it is only Ibos who were the target of this blood sucking group. I am sure more Northerns than Ibos where killed and the economy most affected was the north. I cannot be sure what amnesty will achieve but if it will guarantee peace and my Ibo brothers can return back to the businesses in North I am in favour of it.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Pataki: 12:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
Igbos are the most ungrateful wretched bunch of whingers one can ever come across.

So the scumbag should not grant amnesty to Boko Haram and they continue to slay your industrious brothers and sisters in the north huh?
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by blackmale1: 12:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
Paschal007: Am totally against GEJ on this one. He dare not grant amnesty to terrorists who are Not fighting for any reasonable cause let alone a just one. Amnesty for BH is a betrayal not only to Igbos but humanity! angry
This is naija,anything goes..life continues cry
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by blackmale1: 12:24pm On Apr 05, 2013
Pataki: Igbos are the most ungrateful wretched bunch of whingers one can ever come across.

So the scumbag should not grant amnesty to Boko Haram and they continue to slay your industrious brothers and sisters in the north huh?
So what happens to humanity,justice,all the innocent lives crushed in the most cruel way possible. Is AMNESTY the best option 4 GEJ!! commander in chief Of Nigeria....SMH 4 ur children....
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by creativemusic: 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Pataki: 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
black male:
So what happens to humanity,justice,all the innocent lives crushed in the most cruel way possible. Is AMNESTY the best option 4 GEJ!! commander in chief Of Nigeria....SMH 4 ur children....

Don't ask me, ask your scumbag of a president.

My children have no pact in the madness called Nigeria.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by alkasimsani: 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
Amnesty! Amnesty! Gud idea, but people should knw dat, there are 3 categories of boko haram. 1. D first 1 boko haram in maiduguri 2. CAN BOKO HARAM. 3. Den GEJ boko haram. So only Gej boko haram now is existng. Is gud 4 him 2 do amnesty 4 dem bcoz he is d sponsor of d boko haram.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by BetaThings: 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
Ngwakwe:

The Sultan, Emirs and Northern Elders have agreed to guarantee an end to hostilities and bombings, if and only if the President will promise to grant Amnesty to Boko Sponsors, Foot-Soldiers and Sympathizers.

Please I don't believe this.
Can you back it up with evidence?
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
Explosion rocks Kano again
Tweet 99
April 5, 2013 | 11:55 am
News
Kano – Another explosion on Thursday
evening rocked Dangi roundabout in
Kano metropolis.
An explosion had earlier occurred a few
hours after a special prayer session
organised by the state government in
the morning.
Capt. Ikedichi Iweha, the Military Joint
Task Force spokesman, who confirmed
the incident, told newsmen that security
personnel had secured the area to
minimise civilian casualties.
He urged people to go about their lawful
businesses, saying that no death was
recorded in the explosion.
Men of the Bomb Disposal Unit of the
Nigeria Police were at the scene. (NAN)
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by ijeoma100: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
kettykin:

Mend was not into terrorism while Boko Haram is a full fledged terrorist organisation with affiliation with Al qeada.

Jonathan should be cautious not to play the Aguiyi Ironsi game and feed is would be killers

MEND was not into terrorism? Really? Go check your dictionary for the meaning of the words "terrorism" and "terrorist". Just because you might agree with the "ideals" of MEND doesn't mean that their methods were legal. Lets not use sentiments to cloud our objective judgement here.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by ROYALD(m): 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2013
Tolexander: Some people can whine making devil known never to have done anything good before to feel remorse and repent!

Wonder why they see everyone as a betrayal.
Am not supporting the amnesty o. But when these people where planting bombs everywhere, you were complaining of igbo killing, now that he decided to pacify the terrorist to stop killing you, you are still complaining.
What do you want exactly?

Reason well, if amnesty is given to bokos today dont you think tomorow another bokos will come up?
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by ume(m): 12:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
Weep not my beloved igbo brothers *we fought a war we were betrayed*we voted GEJ he stabed us at the back* but i beat u my brothers we ar de rainmakers in this country *no body who shed de blood of an igbo man will go un punished*bcs i am a living spirit of the endangered specie which is ur beloved igbos
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Beync(f): 12:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
Who tell tell this GEJ that granting amnesty to BOKOharam would quench their appetite for suicide mission? see what greed for power can cause
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Afam4eva(m): 1:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
The problem i have with the government of JOnathan is not just that it has failed. We can excuse him because we never expected him to succeed anyways and he's just following the footsteps of his predecessors. My greatest annoyance is that his government is the most 1diotic in the world. Where in the world are terrorists granted amnesty? Isn't it when you know what they're fighting for before you even think of sitting on a round table with them. This is really shameful. We have done it for the Niger Delta militant, now it's the turn of Bokohara,. Tomorrow, Massob, OPC, armed robbers, rapists, ritualists will ask for amnesty and they better be given because a bad precedence has been set and must be maintained.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by ROYALD(m): 1:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
Afam4eva: The problem i have with the government of JOnathan is not just that it has failed. We can excuse him because we never expected him to succeed anyways and he's just following the footsteps of his predecessors. My greatest annoyance is that his government is the most 1diotic in the world. Where in the world are terrorists granted amnesty? Isn't it when you know what they're fighting for before you even think of sitting on a round table with them. This is really shameful. We have done it for the Niger Delta militant, now it's the turn of Bokohara,. Tomorrow, Massob, OPC, armed robbers, rapists, ritualists will ask for amnesty and they better be given because a bad precedence has been set and must be maintained.

My dear that amnesty to terrorist can never stand
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by kettykin: 1:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
ijeoma100:

MEND was not into terrorism? Really? Go check your dictionary for the meaning of the words "terrorism" and "terrorist". Just because you might agree with the "ideals" of MEND doesn't mean that their methods were legal. Lets not use sentiments to cloud our objective judgement here.

There you go again , MEND was a purely into insurgency which is different from terrorism.

Insurgency has to do with fighting the Government with a definite political aim like what has happened in Libya and indonesia while terrorism has no definite political aim or goal and targets innocent citizens of the Country like september 9 11 attacks and the lockerbie bombing

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by EzeUche(m): 1:08pm On Apr 05, 2013
He didn't just betray the Igbos.

He betrayed any Christian who lost their life in the North. Jonathan is actually spitting on their graves by giving amnesty to these monsters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inec’s Team Probes Alleged Irregularities In Rivers Polls - PUNCH / President Buhari Arrives Paris, France (Photos) / Hushpuppi: Kyari Not Reinstated — Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.