Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? (39178 Views)

Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta / This Is My Prediction On The Forthcoming General Election / Will You Vote For Jonathan In The Forthcoming Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by DSB(m): 7:57pm On Apr 07, 2013
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by Obinoscopy(m): 7:57pm On Apr 07, 2013
honeric01:

And what exactly is your own on who she prefers to vote for?

What's your biz with her choice?
And exactly what's your business in my discussion with her?

4 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by MiloRambaldi(m): 7:58pm On Apr 07, 2013
kennydee05:
What has the new hands of GEJ achieved?

Why not judge him after his tenure? Seems he's on course to fix the power issue, airports, rail and roads that Obj and others had struggled with for decades. As criticized as GEJ has been, and sometimes justifiably so, only blind critics would ignore his govt's efforts the past 2yrs. And this in spite of the BH insecurity being used largely by a section of the country to make the difficult job impossible.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by DSB(m): 7:58pm On Apr 07, 2013
teniyi: It depends on who he contests against. But for sure Buhari is a million times better than the Clueless Mumu called GEJ.

when we dey shout and scream for 2011, una dey think say we dey mad. Buhari anyday.
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 07, 2013
How Jihadist are Mallams at age 60+ ?
AGBOR-MAN:
Even with N1m bribe, i will still not vote for Terrorist Malam Buhari....

Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by MacLovington(m): 8:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
Pros:
He's a nationalist
Desciplined
Less corrupt
Would ensure Naija does not waste resources
Will restore Naija pride in the comity of nations

Cons:
Truncated democracy
Had no solid plans to bring democracy before being sent packing
He cannot function in a democracry, lacks people/negotiation skills. Without decrees he'll be frustrated. Ask OBJ.
He may be coming to correct his "mistake" of not looting enough first time
He's not progressive enough.
He belongs to the past
He should go and play with his grand kids and enjoy the rest of his days.

NO VOTE FOR HIM. FASHOLA all the way.
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by Dawinlove(m): 8:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
as for me nd my household we shal vote for buhari..if u wil lyk dis post

2 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by Dthespian: 8:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
Not in my dream,Not in my death,Not in my reincarnated state,Neva $ Neva, d tot wuld dare not cross my mind cos twill promp compulsory fasting and prayer for me.
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 07, 2013
Buhari and his party, the CPC, have been in COMPLETE control of Nasarawa state for about 2yrs now. Where are the road construction, the intra-city railways, hospitals modernisation, rebuilt schools, social schemes, reforms, power plants, irrigation schemes, job created so far, etc? How far with the war against corruption in Nasarawa state? Jakande, as the then governor of Lagos state in the early 80s started a railway project, where is that of Nasarawa state? Where are the achievements of the govt so far? Even if they'r still ONGOING, but where are they? Where are they? Where is the promised paradise?

Simple question demands only a simple answer. We are waiting!

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by ROYALD(m): 8:02pm On Apr 07, 2013
honeric01:

Kindly show us where Buhari said so you rumor monger.

BUHARI HE WARNED: "IF WHAT HAPPENS IN 2011 SHOULD AGAIN HAPPEN IN 2015, BY THE GRACE OF GOD, THE DOG AND THE BABOON WOULD ALL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD."

KINDLY READ
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/opinion/41211-buharis-call-to-violence
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/politics/46967-ripples-over-buhari%E2%80%99s-2015-ambition.htm
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2013
Another reason to vote Buhari
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]Making Nigeria Work Once Again, by Muhammadu Buhari[/size]

Published on Wednesday, 06 April 2011 21:31
Written by General Muhammadu Buhari

It gives me great pleasure to have this opportunity of standing before you this morning to say a few words about our party and what plans we have for you and the nation in our manifesto. Let me therefore begin by welcoming all of you to the event. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the CPC Election Manifesto which sets out our election promises and plan of action. Its central and urgent message is that as Nigerians, we must restructure the
country and change our ways. And in this there is an invitation to each and every one of us to come forward and join the struggle, so that together we take the destiny of this nation in our hands—and change it into a united, prosperous, caring, truly democratic Federal republic.

But before we will be able to do this, we must secure, manage and govern the country in a way that releases the energies and potentials of our people and direct these to wholesome ends. Giving this direction is what a CPC government is here to do in order to arrest the nation’s aimless drift.

In its 12 years of misgovernance the government of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, had bastardised the nation. In all this period, it has done very little that is right, even less that is proper, and nothing intrinsically useful or cost-effective.

It was as if they only came to pauperise the nation; and it could be said that during their time, the only places that prospered were the cemeteries and the bank accounts of a thieving elite. People in their thousands died due to poverty, hunger, disease and violent crises and violent crimes, as custodians of the nation’s resources smiled their ways to the bank.

The wealth, which would have alleviated the people’s poverty; the food, which would have satiated their hunger; and money for drugs, which would have restored them to health; and the resources for the maintenance of law and order, which would have ensured the security of the land, have all been siphoned by this insensitive leadership.

As a result, today, we cannot sleep safely in our beds or drive in safety on our highways in safety. Without power, without water and without good roads, we lack all the things other normal societies take for granted.

We all know the problems of this country, and we have known them for the past 12 years ago and before; but, apparently, it is only now that the PDP is becoming aware of them, saying that it will try to solve them. So, where was the so-called largest political party south of the Sahara during the last 12 years? What stopped people of the ruling party from giving the nation electric power, something they promised to do after six months of coming to power?

What stopped them from securing the nation from communal, religious and political violence and from the new wave of terrorism? How many years do they need to do that?

And after this glaring failure they even had the temerity to ask for your votes. How on earth can anyone consider giving his vote to the PDP? Who in his right mind will consider four more years of this open thievery? Who in his senses will elect four more years of betrayal of trusts? Or four more years of broken promises? Or four more years of a collapsed and collapsing system? Or four more years of economic mismanagement?

Ladies and gentlemen, I am Muhammadu Buhari, and today I am 69 years old; and I am sure I don’t have to remind you that I have fought many battles in my life. I have fought drift and purposelessness in this nation. I have fought corruption and indiscipline. I have fought indolence and the betrayal of trusts. I have fought the Nigerian civil war and struggled for the unity of this country in many other ways.

I have had the fortune and privilege of managing national resources in various capacities—as a military commander, as a state governor, as a minister, as head of the Petroleum Trust Fund, and as the head of state of this great country. And in all that I have been and done, I have never touched a kobo of public funds.

I say this without pride and with all sense of responsibility and humility; but I challenge anyone in the race for the leadership of this country then or now to dare make the same claim.

After being head of state, I am sure I could easily have retired into a life of comfort and ease as an elder statesman, as a contractor or as a beneficiary of any one of the nation’s many generous prebendal offerings. But that is not what I wish to do with my life.

And so, if I don’t take any of these alternative courses of action, it should be clear that I am not in this for the love of office or for pursuit after personal glory or in order to achieve some personal goal. Far be it from me that this should be. I need nothing and I have nothing more to prove. I am in this solely for the love of my country and concern for its destiny and the fate of its people.

And that is why, despite the many disappointments along the way, I am still in the struggle and will remain in it to the end. I have decided to dedicate the remainder of my life to fighting for the people of this country—until their right is restored to them.

We call on you to join us and change the destiny of this nation. And change is what CPC is all about. I am sure you will all agree with me that the question is not whether there we should change, because change we must.

The only questions remaining are determining the type of change and the speed with which that change will be implemented. To effect this, we have assembled a team of competent, experienced and patriotic Nigerians to become the vanguard of the change to get the country out the woods and away from the malaise that has kept it down.

We are on a rescue mission to recreate Nigeria and transform it into a powerful and prosperous nation. Our focus will be on improving the efficiency of national economic management; and the reintroduction of national economic development planning and the plan to successfully manage change.

The area of emphasis of our government will be on the following five: ensuring security, in which a CPC government will seek the disarmament of all criminal gangs in the nation and securing the entire polity; raising the standard of education and providing quality services at all its levels; the aggressive pursuit after youth development and youth employment generation; rehabilitating dilapidated infrastructure; and the total disarming of the Niger Delta, finding solutions to its social problems and laying down a comprehensive blueprint for the development of the area.

Along the way, we also intend to make this nation accountable and corruption-free, and bring morality back to governance. We shall make this nation uncomfortable to those who do not wish to play by the rules.

We shall challenge vested interests and erase unearned privileges. Propriety and legality will be our new watchwords; and, hopefully, in time this will become the new business as usual for the nation.

It goes without saying that this nation must be set free—from the clutches of a corrupt culture that has stunted the growth and development of democracy. A CPC government will seek to entrench democratic values, uphold the rule of law, respect the independence of the judiciary, and enforce the political neutrality of public service.

It is our undertaking that after just one term in office, a CPC government will entrench a new democratic culture that will be impossible to dismantle even by the most tough-minded anti-democrats.

We have set our priorities and we shall pursue them relentlessly. I urge you to read our manifesto and see what we have planned for this nation. And when you do so, you will see why, in the circumstance, the only sensible thing to do—is to vote for my party, the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC. It is a young party but it has already set all the others to flight. It will change the way politics is practiced in this country.

Our enterprise is truly an ambitious one. It is not just about winning an election: it is about restoring a sense of decency to our society. It is about taking pride in, and respecting, ourselves as human beings and consciously internalising democratic values. Unless we do this, development and true freedom will forever elude us and talents will never flower in the land. But if the answer is democracy, what exactly is the question? The question is: Why are we still not properly practicing it? And that is where CPC comes in—to provide the missing link. And with your support we shall begin to do just that in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you very much for your patience and attention.

Remarks by General Muhammadu Buhari,

Presidential Candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC,

at the Public Presentation of the CPC Election Manifesto in Lagos ,

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6085:making-nigeria-work-once-again-by-muhammadu-buhari&catid=25:politics&Itemid=92

[img]http://3.bp..com/-tsjTnEY9SYw/TbB_1VLXsgI/AAAAAAAAAD8/wO4Y5Fo2ltI/s1600/Muhammadu_Buhari.jpg[/img]
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by qhiwegh(m): 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2013
Y-E-S! Buhari is no Fashola or even OBJ, but he is certainly miles above GEJ. I would rather vote for the oga of Boko Haram than GEJ.
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by Dawinlove(m): 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2013
if u ar votin for GEJ God wil surely disgrace u,because if u do vote for im it means u both ar partners in coruptin naija
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by ewet: 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2013
Omexonomy: why is it that yaruba e-soldiers love insulting the president. You were ask a yes and no question and you result it to insult.
He sspoke the minds of the whole country and we are all fed up o the slowpoke angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by Dthespian: 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2013
And pls no que like this nxt tym cos dis type of que can melt down nairaland serverz ehn!
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by 5much(m): 8:04pm On Apr 07, 2013
we need fresh and young blood
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by Krisgift(f): 8:04pm On Apr 07, 2013
Vision2017:
point of correction, Nigeria as a nation is far greater than any individual and you're included as well. So stop been unpatriotic to our dear nation. You owe the entire nation an apology on that note
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by BrutusOj(m): 8:04pm On Apr 07, 2013
Abdul Adam56: Yes! If you wil vote for muhammad buhari 2015?Click like here.
A million likes on nairaland can neva change his destiny..He is a failure as far as democratic election is concerned..he can neva win be it free n fair..except He repent sincerely n God forgives him his atrocity against d inocent corps members in d last election..

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by tinnymerit(m): 8:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
I will rather vote for a dog or cow if they contest for election than voting for a vampire ayatollah.If hes elected as president,he will only turn naija to anoda libya because he will finalise what he started by submitting naija name to OIC(organization of islamic countries).

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by trojanjeremy: 8:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
Toktee: ur vote iz not important
who says Wrong mentality, if u ask me.
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by Krisgift(f): 8:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
Vision2017:
point of correction, Nigeria as a nation is far greater than any individual and you're included as well. So stop been unpatriotic to our dear nation. You owe the entire nation an apology on that note
LMAO,i hiss ma mouth 4 u.owe which nation an apology?a nation that has failed 2 protect it's own,abeg go siddon!
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by TechyGuy: 8:07pm On Apr 07, 2013
honeric01:

You still aren't making sense, if you like , live inside boko haram camp, you still do not know more than the late azazi who said pdp is boko haram, then pdp eliminated him before he exposes them more.

You do not know more than jonathan who said boko haram are his brothers and that they are in his cabinet.

Sambo
ndume
sokoto, these are pdp guys

everything about boko haram points to pdp, so next time pick someone without a brain if you intend lying to anyone about who boko haram is.

You have decided to believe that and I can't help you. If you lived in Borno or Yobe, you don't need anybody to tell you who BH are. For your information, they were not in hiding until after their first attack in 2009. They were known people. Muhammed Yusuf had close relationship with ANPP leaders in Borno and some other Northern states.
They had a known bank account where people, Muslims, freely donated to their cause. I could go on but again, you have decided to believe BH is PDP.
I am not talking about what I read on paper or heard someone say, I witnessed it.
If PDP is BH as you believe, why is it the ACN/CPC/Arewa leaders that are calling for amnesty?

2 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by Gwekzy: 8:07pm On Apr 07, 2013
Jonathan all the Way

2 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by eeee: 8:08pm On Apr 07, 2013
God forbid 1,000,000 times
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by kennydee05(m): 8:10pm On Apr 07, 2013
Okija_juju: [size=18pt]Never will I vote for an Aboki..[/size] angry
May be Ƴöů should stop eating plant products from the North...
Point of correction "aboki" means my friend.
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by nijaspace(m): 8:11pm On Apr 07, 2013
No, I willnot vote for Buhari. He will never be a president of Nigeria again.
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by Handsomeemmy(m): 8:11pm On Apr 07, 2013
berem: 19999 likes! don't mind those fools who don't know anything about good leadership. most of these fools who are shouting buhari bla bla bla were still infants when Buhari was head of state. they just grew up and started hearing false stories about the great man. Buhari still remains my choice candidate. If buhari does not contest,me and my family will never vote in any of the election. period!

So because someone aired his or her opinion about not voting for Buhari, the best name you can call them is FOOL ? Some of us if given power or leaadership, we will perform worse than Gej. May God help us to put the teaching of our upbringing into good use with calling people names with the tongue we use in praying and praising God.
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by capoditutticapi(m): 8:13pm On Apr 07, 2013
noblezone: I will vote for Buhari on 2 conditions:

1. There is no other candidate contesting against him (Something like sole candidate)
2. I am held at gun point to vote (my life is worth more than Buhari and Nigeria)
U no well oo, wallai. LOL!
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2013
[size=18pt]8th January 1984 - The NY Times
Buhari steps up search for all Politicians and Officials who have failed to report to a Police Station.[/size]

LAGOS, Nigeria, Jan. 7— Nigeria's new military Government is stepping up searches for former politicians and officials of the civilian Government that was overthrown in a coup a week ago.

The new regime is making television appeals for news of the whereabouts of former officials and other Nigerians who are wanted for questioning and is urging citizens to telephone the police if they have information about those who are being sought.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.64.html
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by MiloRambaldi(m): 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2013
BOMBSHELL: Northern politicians created Boko Haram – Mustapha Jokolo, former Emir of Gwandu – Says North should forget about the presideny in 2015 - http://transformationwatch.com/2012/03/28/bombshell-northern-politicians-created-boko-haram-mustapha-jokolo-former-emir-of-gwandu-says-north-should-forget-about-the-presideny-in-2015-naijapundit/

Hmmmmm
Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2013
For me and my entire people, it is a big capital letter NO! I can never vote for Buhari. He is a bad man without a conscience. He ordered the killing of youth corpers in the North and he shown no remorse for his actions.

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election? by gigg: 8:16pm On Apr 07, 2013
if u wil vote fr him click like...... i wil vote for BUHARI....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply)

Buhari's N40M Cash Gift Tears CAN Apart - Vanguard / Lai Mohammed Replies Nnamdi Kanu, Speaks On Buhari Being A 'Clone' / Reno Omokri Blasts Kenneth Okonkwo: "You Are A Liar & A Disgrace"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.