Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:39 PM

Why Women Dislike Nice Guys - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Women Dislike Nice Guys (44206 Views)

Guy Gets Epic Reply After Asking Why Women Vex When Men Don't Eat Their Food / 5 Reasons Why Some Women Dislike Condoms / Why Do Nice Guys Always Get Treated Badly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by AjanleKoko: 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
The article doesn't really describe a nice guy. More like a socially-insecure wimp.

3 Likes

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
Gbam! My type of guy
Oxygenbutter77: I don't agree. You are talking about a Jew, stupid geek, dollie or a Love reject. A nice guy is also different from a good guy and is also different from a Kiddish guy. Maybe you don't use these terms but you actually discribed a Kiddish guy or a naive guy. And a Kiddish guy may wake up from his assumption oneday to make amends but on the otherhand Nice and Good guys mostly remain thesame in a life time. A good guy loves, may not want to have sex, not indecent with words, loves himself more and is a guy of conviction as in well balanced. He also has time for others and looks before he leaps. Girls who are infantuated leave them because they may be moderate in bed and are not willing to be reckless with their resources(time, money, time and social standing). A nice guy actually loves the female more( perhaps as an equal) and is willing to take risk out of respect and compassion but he is not stupid. Also nice guys dont play women and they show a lot of Chivalry and are self concious of their outward persona. The women who say the Nice guys are too nice may because of Stature which carries a lot of connotations and not attitude. Niceness is an attitude. I have seen charming guys who are also nice guys and are not stupid and dont play women even when society tells them you can have anybody at anytime. The Kiddish ones somewhat behave like what the OP said. A woman wants security and A nice guy is security; that is why when they die, their women follow in months. Good guy are too rational. Only stupid female dispise the nice bcuz of sex and swaggs and the superficial demeanors but we know their end in 20yrs time when her kids are shackled to her wall of shame and inferiority complex. She regrets she did have an eye for the Nice, Strong, Powerhouse, Megaman and the Good. I despise Bad guys, so i wont analyze them. Even a 40yr old can still be Kiddish. Your article is insulting.
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
naturality: Absolutely true

And this traits are very much seen in younger women (below 21 years old)

But as they grow older and their congo has been shined by numerous bad boys who dumped them, they appreciate the nice guys.

Its not bad to be nice, but it limits your chance of getting laid, you would be stucked up in the friend zone, or the maga that they run to when they need care, advice and cash. (afterall, thats why you are nice)

constant drama and quarel stretches their emotions, and they fall deeply for guys with such traits.

Oya boy, try being bad if you wanna get laid. cool

Which is the very reason NICE guys should dump the donkey-act and become Rude Boiz.. if you wait for the ladies to get old and cranky as they approach menopause, you have yourself to blame for that frigid prune you ended up marrying.
Hit the Gym.. loose the nerdy glasses and ditch the tie..
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by esanland: 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
dahonestboss: You hear it all the time: “He was such a NICE Guy, and she’s such a Heartless Bitch for dumping him.”

And you might be wondering why women do not appreciate nice guys given the world to them.

I get letters from self-professed Nice Guys, complaining that women must WANT to be treated like shit, because THEY, the “Nice Guy” have failed repeatedly in relationships. This is akin to the false logic that “Whales are mammals. Whales live in the sea. Therefore, all mammals live in the sea.”

If you have one bad relationship after another, the only common denominator is YOU. Think about it.

What’s wrong with Nice Guys? The biggest problem is that most Nice Guys ™ are hideously insecure. They are so anxious to be liked and loved that they do things for other people to gain acceptance and attention, rather than for the simply pleasure of giving. You never know if a Nice Guy really likes you for who you are, or if he has glommed onto you out of desperation because you actually paid some kind of attention to him.

Nice Guys exude insecurity — a big red target for the predators of the world. There are women out there who are “users” — just looking for a sucker to take advantage of. Users home-in on “Nice Guys”, stroke their egos, take them for a ride, add a notch to their belts, and move on. It’s no wonder so many Nice Guys complain about women being horrible, when the so often the kind of woman that gets attracted to them is the lowest form of life…

Self-confident, caring, decent-hearted women find “Nice Guys” to be too clingy, self-abasing, and insecure.

Nice Guys go overboard. They bring roses to a “lets get together for coffee” date. They try to buy her affections with presents and fancy things. They think they know about romance, but their timing is all wrong, and they either come-on too strong, too hard and too fast, OR, they are so shy and unassertive, that they hang around pretending to be “friends”, in the hope that somehow, someway, they will get the courage up to ask her out for a “date”.

They are so desperate to please that they put aside their own needs, and place the object of their desire on a pedestal. Instead of appreciating her, they worship her. We are only human, and pedestals are narrow, confining places to be — not to mention the fact that we tend to fall off of them.

They cling to her, and want to be “one” with her for fear that if she is out of sight, she may disappear or become attracted to someone else. A Nice Guy often has trouble with emotional intimacy, because he believes that if she learns about the REAL person inside, she will no longer love him.

Nice Guys are always asking HER to make the decisions. They think it’s being equitable, but it puts an unfair burden of responsibility on her, and gives him the opportunity to blame her if the decision was an unwise one.

Nice Guys rarely speak up when something bothers them, and rarely state clearly what it is they want, need and expect. They fear that any kind of conflict might spell the end of the relationship. Instead of comprimising and negotiating, they repeatedly “give in”. When she doesn’t appreciate their sacrifice, they will complain that, “Everything I did, I did for her.”, as if this somehow elevates them to the status of martyrs. A woman doesn’t want a martyr. She wants an equal, caring, adult partner.

Nice Guys think that they will never meet anyone as special as she is. They use their adoration as a foundation for claiming that “no one will ever love her as much as I do.” Instead of being a profound statement of their devotion, this is a subtle, but nasty insult. It is akin to saying to her: “You are a difficult person, and only *I* can ever truly love you, so be thankful I’m here.”

The nice guy -needs- to believe that he is the best person for the object of his desires, because otherwise his insecurities will overrun him with jealousies and fear. The truth of the matter is that there are many people out there who can be a good match for her. We rarely stop loving people we truly care about. Even if we no longer continue the relationship, the feelings will continue… But love isn’t mutually exclusive. We can (and do) love many people in our lives, and romantic love is really no different. Though he may love her immensely, there will likely be other people who have loved her just as much in her past, and will love her just as much in the future. The irony of it all is: “Who would want to go out with someone who was inherintly unlovable anyways?”

More than loving the woman in his life, a Nice Guy NEEDS her. “She is my Life, my only source of happiness…” YECH! What kind of a burden is that to place on her? That SHE has to be responsible for YOUR happiness? Get a grip!

Another mistake Nice Guys make is to go after “hard luck” cases. They deliberately pick women with neuroses, problems, and personality disorders, because Nice Guys are “helpers”. A Nice Guy thinks that by “helping” this woman, it will make him a better, more lovable person. He thinks it will give him a sense of accomplishment, and that she will appreciate and love him more, for all his efforts and sacrifice. He is usually disappointed by the results.

This ultimately boils down to the fact that Nice Guys don’t like themselves. Is it any wonder women don’t like them? In order to truly love someone else, you must first love yourself. Too often Nice Guys mistake obsession for “love”.

Get this Guys: INSECURITY ISN’T SEXY. IT’S A TURNOFF.

You don’t have to be an ego-inflated, arrogant jerk. You just have to LIKE yourself. You have to know what you want out of life, and go after it. Only then will you be attractive to the kind of woman with whom a long-term relationship is possible.

tongue tongue tongue
This author speaks from a narrow minded perspective. The writer pondering is as if what he is saying is the final word. unfortunately the writing is very adolescent. But good attempt though. In real life real men and women all seeks for a real human being in their life. Humanity naturally respond to good news and evil deed is a distraction to humanity. This piece is here and there beating about the bush. But keep writing and keep nurturing your thought, you are sure to do better in the matter of the deep of which you try to dare. God bless

1 Like

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Hugoboi(m): 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2013
coogar:

but the op is right - nice guys finish last!
after reading your long epistle, i realised you and the op are not on the same page of what being nice and not being nice entails. a bad guy isn't a tout or someone that disrespects women(far from it), he's not just a wuss like the nice guy. the single most important factor is most nice guys are single - women don't want them in a relationship, they just want them as platonic friends or bodyguards!

@ bolded: Fact!!!! Take it or leave it!!
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
I honestly don't think any girl above 21 likes "bad boys" or however you want to describe people like that... You might get a few thirsty chics to sha.g, however, I doubt you'll get a stable relationship.. Been there done that, you'll always stay losing...

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Snippets(m): 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2013
I Know the Gurrs in the house will be mad @ d OP for Raising facts that seem to be Fictitious..
Truth is that the OP is right when it comes to gurrs whose age range from 17-24. A Dude being or acting too nice towards a Gurl of this age bracket will definitely not endear himself to the gurl's heart. Why? Cuz she will only come to him when she needs help of one sort or another. Am Talking from experience. As per getting Laid! Nice guys don't even get a chance except for a few cases where the Gurl just gives it to u free of Charge. She knows that if she says NO, u as a Nice Guy won't Complain.

Its mostly mature ladies ready for Marriage that truly knows the value of a Nice Guy.. As per Boyfrnd/Gurlfrnd ish, U Don't have to be Nice Always.

The OP is on Point Sha. Nice Write-up

1 Like

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Dawdy(m): 3:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
@ OP, why did use the words nice guys instead of desperate guys? The difference is clear. Are they nice intentionally or to gain girls' love?

1 Like

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
@Coogar

Bro., if you want a nice, highly educated, and classy chic, you better stop being a bad guy... grin
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by coogar: 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2013
shymexx: I honestly don't think any girl above 21 likes "bad boys" or however you want to describe people like that... You might get a few thirsty chics to sha.g, however, I doubt you'll get a stable relationship.. Been there done that, you'll always stay losing...

if you put 20 women in a room to fill a questionnaire about the kind of man they want - they would all vote for mr. nice guy. however, in the real world, at least 80-90% are with the bad guys. there's a huge disparity in what a woman says she wants and what she would do. always pay attention to that.

shymexx: @Coogar
Bro., if you want a nice, highly educated, and classy chic, you better stop being a bad guy... grin

hahahaha - i bed female city traders on the regular.
contrary to what you think, they are the ones who actually want the bad guy. an agreeable guy is seen to lack self respect that enables him to stand up for his own values. these chics want men who can make them question their long-held beliefs, men who always keep them on their toes and ultimately bring out the best in them.
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by nenergy(m): 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2013
I posted this on facebook long ago and the comments were amazing. I've since learnt that women like "nice",but are fascinated by "game". So guys,be nice but get your game on.

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2013
coogar:
if you put 20 women in a room to fill a questionnaire about the kind of man they want - they would all vote for mr. nice guy. however, in the real world, at least 80-90% are with the bad guys. there's a huge disparity in what a woman says she wants and what she would do. always pay attention to that.

However, I bet you don't act like a bad guy when you first a meet girl... The "badness" only comes out after sha.gging her a few times and you know she is stuck, no?? grin

hahahaha - i bed female city traders on the regular.
contrary to what you think, they are the ones who actually want the bad guy. an agreeable guy is seen to lack self respect that enables him to stand up for his own values. these chics want men who can make them question their long-held beliefs, men who always keep them on their toes and ultimately bring out the best in them.

Bro., it isn't about just beating it, it's about if they want to stay with out because of the kind of person you're... Most of the city girls are vulnerable, anyway - most of them just want to have fun... However, when the smoke clears, it's a different ball game entirely...[b][/b]

If you want a top chic, you better start acting nice, bro.. grin I'm learning as well - also trying to bring chivalry and being a gentle man back... cool

1 Like

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by scottN(m): 3:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
coogar:

Couldn't agree more or less.
Women generally like 2 b dominated,over-powered n subdued no matter who or what she is (4get d Beijing Conference. Deep within them is what they really want.) And it doesn't take an overtly nice guy 2 do that. Trust me wink.
4 u guys out there, just b urself, know ur basic etiquette n b very observant when u r with them.
And never go overboard just 2 b nice.

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
scottN:

Couldn't agree more or less.
Women generally like 2 b dominated,over-powered n subdued no matter who or what she is (4get d Beijing Conference. Deep within them is what they really want.) And it doesn't take an overtly nice guy 2 do that. Trust me wink.
4 u guys out there, just b urself, know ur basic etiquette n b very observant when u r with them.
And never go overboard just 2 b nice.

Being nice doesn't mean you have to be a sissy or a mangina, it means just exhibiting the required etiquette and courtesy...
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by scottN(m): 3:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
shymexx:

Being nice doesn't mean you have to be a sissy or a mangina, it means just exhibiting the required etiquette and courtesy...

Never said u shldn't b nice.
I said don't go overboard.
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nyggahs, little things count in decent women's(not scandalous whor.es lol) lives... You'd be surprised at how a 50p card can make a chic like you... grin Just be nice and handle decent women with care... wink

1 Like

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
scottN:

Never said u shldn't b nice.
I said don't go overboard.

Word... Going overboard would just make you look like a desperate stalker and a sissy...
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by coogar: 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2013
shymexx:
However, I bet you don't act like a bad guy when you first a meet girl... The "badness" only comes out after sha.gging her a few times and you know she is stuck, no?? grin

you must think being bad is yelling and abusing her. that's not what we are talking about. being bad is basically being unpredictable.....

the bad guy acts like he does not care which makes their women try ever so hard to be liked. the bad guy never replies the text messages until later which makes their women wait forever and make her miss him more.

the bad guy acts distant intermittently and this makes their women always yearn for their attention. he's so confident in himself he's the driver of the relationship anyway you look at it. this is the kind of men most women date!

Bro., it isn't about just beating it, it's about if they want to stay with out because of the kind of person you're... Most of the city girls are vulnerable, anyway - most of them just want to have fun... However, when the smoke clears, it's a different ball game entirely...

vulnerable?
well they are nice, highly educated and super-classy.

If you want a top chic, you better start acting nice, bro.. grin I'm learning as well - also trying to bring chivalry and being a gentle man back... cool

reserve those niceties for your wife.....

1 Like

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by contactmorak: 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2013
angry
UncleJJ:

Your proly still dating those broke 21 yr old girls. Big babes like nice, cos they dnt fk around ... Go figure

Yes, big babes appr8 nice guys cos they(big babes) have been used, dumped and made bunch of baggages by bad guys. Truth is if your are a naturally good person, no woman can make u become a bad person. You know what? F*ck love!!!!
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by coogar: 4:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
shymexx: Nyggahs, little things count in decent women's(not scandalous whor.es lol) lives... You'd be surprised at how a 50p card can make a chic like you... grin Just be nice and handle decent women with care... wink

guess what? the day this "decent woman" decides to backstab you, she would be fücking a bad guy!

1 Like

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by akinwun(m): 4:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
You sound like a jezebel
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2013
Who said Women want Nice Guys! I prefer bad boys. I eat them up for breakfast. I luv bad boys because they think they are playing me while i am in fact playing them. Bunch of fktards i tell u, actually quite predictable because they all do the same ish. But at the end of the day, after all entertainment with the bad boys will always settle for a Nice Guy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
BAD boys rule cool cool
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
Volumptuos_bebe: Who said Women want Nice Guys! I prefer bad boys. I eat them up for breakfast. I luv bad boys because they think they are playing me while i am in fact playing them. Bunch of fktards i tell u, actually quite predictable because they all do the same ish. But at the end of the day, after all entertainment with the bad boys will always settle for a Nice Guy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Liar
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Orikinla(m): 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2013
[size=18pt]But I am a nice gentleman and the babes are still crazy for me to date and mate with them.
Why am I so lucky?
Is it because I am irresistible?
Towering at 6'3, dark blue starry eyes with full eyebrows and eyelashes, golden brown skin, flat tummy even at late 40s and fine smooth legs and the most important of all, my Alpha Man Mojo, that an ex-girlfriend called "MASSIVE".grin[/size]
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by coogar: 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2013
Volumptuos_bebe: Who said Women want Nice Guys! I prefer bad boys. I eat them up for breakfast. I luv bad boys because they think they are playing me while i am in fact playing them. Bunch of fktards i tell u, actually quite predictable because they all do the same ish. But at the end of the day, after all entertainment with the bad boys will always settle for a Nice Guy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[img]http://h6.abload.de/img/0382_s7tr.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
coogar:
you must think being bad is yelling and abusing her. that's not what we are talking about. being bad is basically being unpredictable.....

the bad guy acts like he does not care which makes their women try ever so hard to be liked. the bad guy never replies the text messages until later which makes their women wait forever and make her miss him more.

the bad guy acts distant intermittently and this makes their women always yearn for their attention. he's so confident in himself he's the driver of the relationship anyway you look at it. this is the kind of men most women date!

Bro., women are emotional beings and when you keep messing with their emotions, you're in for a tough time when they strike back... It seems you've never experienced the wrath of a broken woman... When you do, I bet you'll start singing a different tune, bro..

vulnerable?
well they are nice, highly educated and super-classy.

However, that doesn't make them less vulnerable... If your game is tight, they're the easiest to bed...

reserve those niceties for your wife.....

Bro., being a gentleman pays in the long run...
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Agency4homes: 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
guy no text book formular works with the Nigerian ladies-especially the ones from poor homes.its all about the physical-cash,cars,properties e.t.c.
Naija girls are dead to love.only the rich satisfied ladies understand love.

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
Am i? Its the truth sweety. Play or be played? I luv the fact that men think all women are stupid that they can easily be played than BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM suckerpunch! If he is a good guy never but a bad guy deserves his own medicine. Quite fun actually, more women should do it grin grin grin grin grin
dahonestboss:

Liar
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2013

I know you love all the spanking and kinky ___ that comes with bad guys, no??

We need to smoke a joint together asap!!
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by coogar: 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
shymexx:
Bro., women are emotional beings and when you keep messing with their emotions, you're in for a tough time when they strike back... It seems you've never experienced the wrath of a broken woman... When you do, I bet you'll start singing a different tune, bro..

you are already out of their lives by the time they realise to even strike back....
what are you talking about? wrath of a broken woman? maybe for a wuss or a nice guy trying to be bad guy. the real predators know when to stop and disappear into the thin air.

However, that doesn't make them less vulnerable... If your game is tight, they're the easiest to bed...

exactly - so bad guys can get any woman a nice guy can get plus loads more...

Bro., being a gentleman pays in the long run...

indeed!
say that to the men that have been used by volumptuos-bebe!
Re: Why Women Dislike Nice Guys by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
lol i only use bad guys after all they are the same ones trying to use me. I give out what i give in. If you play me dont think am going to fold my arms lol. But if you are nyc to me and respect me will give that out in return.
coogar:

you are already out of their lives by the time they realise to even strike back....
what are you talking about? wrath of a broken woman? maybe for a wuss or a nice guy trying to be bad guy. the real predators know when to stop and disappear into the thin air.

exactly - so bad guys can get any woman a nice guy can get plus loads more...

indeed!
say that to the men that have been used by volumptuos-bebe!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally / Ladies: A Smoker, A Womaniser Or A Drunk? / She Won't Date Me Until I Tell Her My Body Count!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.