Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally (43792 Views)

How Do We Stop The Spread Of "Davido Syndrome" Among Our Ladies? / Share That Songs That Makes You Go Emotionally / Just Look At What Selfie Has Reduced Our Ladies Into. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Sanchez01: 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
"There are two kinds of books; those that build you, help you grow and put you on course, and there are those that will destroy you, not because they are fetish but because they fail to follow realities." - Anonymous

I have witnessed the effects of some of the movies we as Nigerians take delight in and I can say that they are unhealthy for our lives, emotional wise.

For those who remember "Cuando Seas Mia" (When you're mine), being one of the very few first Spanish-Mexican movies that graced our Television set several years ago. Its effect on the average mind was not just of love and admiration but something more devastating beyond running to a neighbour's house to watch when there was power outage. Unfortunately, more of these soaps flooded our screens for no cost and then we thought it was a blessing.

"When you're mine" was my first and my last. Even as a young man, I became squishy and sentimental and would act like I was some love-hungry fellow whose appetite for "True Love" was insatiable. The Utopian Love the soap preached seemed to have started and ended with the movie and could not be found in the real world, our world.

I have seen in some cases where most ladies try to induct their love life with the practices of these "perfect" movies and soaps and the result? Epic fail. Poor ladies! Some dedicate days, some weeks venting their anger on the "insensitivity" of their man and how he does not know and appreciate what true love is.

Korean season love movies, Philippines, Indian soaps, as well as Brazilian season love movies have terribly affected many, particularly our female folks. To some of them, there is love and there is TRUE LOVE. I can tell whether a man or a woman is a product Telemundo and co. upon hearing the words "True Love".

Unfortunately for most ladies, they don't realize that these soaps follow a linear plot, whether Korean or Mexican; a boy and a girl fall in love but an obstacle stays in the way of their love. It's either a wife who is forced on the poor guy or an estranged wife who refused to divorce him for selfish reasons OR an unfortunate young girl finds love in the arms of the master and it takes the young, rich, handsome dude three seasons of the movie to notice the love and another two seasons to get her to look his way.

Regardless, these soaps fail to focus on every day lives and some life's issues that could make relationships tiring at times. They fail to tell how difficult it can be with MTN's airtime sapping technique and how difficult it could take me to put a call through when I'm battling to ward off the sun from melting my brain. Rather, it's about a quest to finding the ultimate - TRUE LOVE. Newsflash, THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS TRUE LOVE! LOVE IS LOVE. If it's sole purpose is to use or take advantage of, then it was never love.

The height of deceits are usually the types of "Strong Love" these people preach but our ladies don't seem to get this. They love to apply abstractions into becoming realities. These soaps cum movies have a way of blinding one's eyes to seeing harsh realities. It is unfair to equate one's relationship with the ones projected in these films. Way unfair!

There are pressing issues in between relationships, which mostly involve keeping heart and soul together. A man cannot dedicate every minute of his life carrying "True Love" on his head like one would do Afro.

Dear ladies, no one is asking you not to watch what you love or what makes you tick. Where the problem lies is comparing Diego and Paloma's love to yours and that of your man. It's a disaster waiting to happen. What is acted in films should stay in films. They're not worth losing your relationships over.

246 Likes 25 Shares

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Last2comment(m): 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
All true.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by mynd1(f): 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2016
Reading.

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 23, 2016
telemundo that caused war bw my cuz and his wife, got a report that my lil sis have joined the crazy telemundo crew. I smh for her.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by cruzita(f): 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
reading and smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by phensbassey: 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
no truer words have ever been spoken... sadly this women can't stop watching it

30 Likes

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
VERY TRUE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Viktor1983(m): 5:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
Who cares if it messes with their minds? what I care more about is ; When will nollywood copy and replicate those emotional films for Nigerian and African women.
They should do stuff at Par with these Filipino films.
use emotional drama et al to create more jobs for our people.
With how cool Nigerian English is ,we could even make women worldwide get addicted to more of that stuff.
Let em get high!

14 Likes

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by afoobabs(m): 5:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
This is the question. Did the guy/lady that acted that perfect love scene in the play has a smooth relationship in the real world either? the answer to this question is enough for you to know that the perfect true love u see on screen is not applicable in real life. wink

To be candid i even dont like the film its very boring no action its all based on love and they talk, talk and talk. As in no Commando, Van derme, no jakckie chan, no jet lee pls, what pleasure does anyone derive from such film. mtchw undecided

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by JudgementHammer: 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
Lol I no kunkun dey follow una watch am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by theunnamed: 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
Who cares??

2 Likes

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
My friend always disturbed me about this show forbidden passions or whatever. I never rested. Had to leave my room for her each time it came on. She'll start crying about how they are in love. Nonsenseangry angry

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Sanchez01: 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
Viktor1983:
Who cares if it messes with their minds? what I care more about is ; When will nollywood copy and replicate those emotional films for Nigerian and African women.
They should do stuff at Par with these Filipino films.
use emotional drama et al to create more jobs for our people.
With how cool Nigerian English is ,we could even make women worldwide get addicted to more of that stuff.
Let em get high!

Hahahahahahagrin The truth is Nollywood cannot bring itself to doing these kinds of soaps because that's not who we are.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Sanchez01: 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
afoobabs:
This is the question. Did the guy/lady that acted that perfect love scene in the play has a smooth relationship in the real world either? the answer to this question is enough for you to know that the perfect true love u see on screen is not applicable in real life. wink
@the bolded, that really is my subliminal message.

10 Likes

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Jblaiseboy(m): 6:24pm On Feb 23, 2016
After watching the telemundo,dem go expect u to come act like one Carlos wey dem see for film,buy flowers every day,dinner at an expensive restaurant 3 times a week..smh for all dis ladies,before u know dey go begin blame one innocent spiritual husband .

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
I loooove telemundo!
I mean who dosnt want sincere love, attention nd care? Is dt too much 2ask for?

Y'all Naija guys need 2upgrade ur stale a.ss abt how to treat a lady! *straightface*

My fav is Queen of hearts! Its ova tho

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Sanchez01: 7:41am On Feb 24, 2016
naughtynaughty:
I loooove telemundo!
I mean who dosnt want sincere love, attention nd care? Is dt too much 2ask for?

Y'all Naija guys need 2upgrade ur stale a.ss abt how to treat a lady! *straightface*

My fav is Queen of hearts! Its ova tho
That is where the problem lies, after watching the fantasies in these movies, some of the female folks will start looking for a replica of the affection and tenderness in these movies, forgetting that they're just movies. And then all of a sudden, you all realize that Nigerian men are not capable of romance and "True Love". The Nigerian man suddenly becomes archaic and outdated on emotional matters just because Don Pedro serenaded Martha and you go "awww, that should be me". Y'all need to snap out of it, for those involved.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Sanchez01: 7:44am On Feb 24, 2016
Jblaiseboy:
After watching the telemundo,dem go expect u to come act like one Carlos wey dem see for film,buy flowers every day,dinner at an expensive restaurant 3 times a week..smh for all dis ladies,before u know dey go begin blame one innocent spiritual husband .
Hahahahahahagrin At the mention of "Don Carlos", I just couldn't hold backgringringringringrin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Sanchez01: 7:47am On Feb 24, 2016
cruzita:
reading and smh
Wait, let me invite Farano, rocktation and Lalasticlala.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by decollex(m): 9:44am On Feb 24, 2016
mynd1:
Reading.
Hurry up Joor! Lol

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by CivilzedTyger(m): 10:32am On Feb 24, 2016
grin people when dey the film ee don better for dem dey kukun dey do love me when dey suffer I go carry myself go join dem no be mumu I be so?

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by callMeAlpha(m): 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
Last time I checked, I broke up wit a gal cox of her obsession over fictional things like Telemundo..

In timayas voice.. NO TIME TO WATCH Telemundo..me I get place wey I wan go.. grin grin..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Fiwasayo(f): 4:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by gbaskiboy: 4:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ko kan Aye ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by BUSHHUNTER: 4:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
That shitty tv stuff is really affecting them a lot in reality...I can't date any girl who is addicted to those sh!t...most girls that watch those douchebags film are dumb when it comes to reasoning.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by McMayowa(m): 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Lasveg(m): 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
those movies will start in a very interesting way, but as the movie goes on u realise it is boring, meaningless and they wont even know wot to act again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by sexymoma(f): 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
I don't like this telemudo of a thing ooo even the name sounds mumuish
how reletionship go dey sweet from beginning to the end.. even if dem wan get grudges, na romantic grudges dem go get angry
na yeye

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Kangol99(m): 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
k

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by emperorchedda(m): 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
Only in Telemundo will a guy chase a girl for months even with her display of arrogance.

A normal guy (e.g me) won't chase a girl for more than 2 weeks. If she displays any sign of pride I'm off in less than 24hrs

31 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? / Am I Unknowingly Dating A Prostitute ? / My Older Cousin Lets Me Do Anything I Want To Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.