Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,933 members, 7,828,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

I'm Going To Marry A White Man - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Going To Marry A White Man (72296 Views)

What This White Man Thinks About Black Women (PIC) True? / White Man Spotted In Benin Market Shopping For Nigerian Wife (Photos) / My Girlfriend Wants Me To Break Her Virginity: What I'm Going To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2013
Am sorry if it seems that way but truth is alot more white men see who ass their equal and have no qualms abt this being a women thin vs a man thin
amebopost:

But not SOME white men. You make it seem as if ALL white men are better than SOME black men!
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
abiL:

Hahahaha you're a fôol!

undecided
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by abiL(f): 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2013
Legit1:

undecided

WHAT?

1 Like

Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by amebopost(m): 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Am sorry if it seems that way but truth is alot more white men see who ass their equal and have no qualms abt this being a women thin vs a man thin

Don't be sorry. It is your opinion. I just don't understand how you reached that conclusion. So many of my African American friends feel the same way about white women; and now, our black women are starting to feel the same way. Even more troubling are the inordinate number of threads extolling white women over our black women. I have never seen nor heard a white person who puts us above theirs. These were the people who enslaved some of our ancestors and made life hell for their descendants, till this day. I will stick to my people no matter what. Better to be disrespected by a black woman than a white woman.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by MrsChima(f): 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
amebopost:
Yet you married a black man.

I was told igbo is a tribe not a race and Africans doent consider themselves black.
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by MrsChima(f): 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
White men rocks!
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by MrsChima(f): 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Yea yea! Liv ya husy for me na.. Go on! Let d sharing begin.cheesy tongue

Jealous na? kiss
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by amebopost(m): 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
I was told igbo is a tribe not a race and Africans doent consider themselves black.
Indeed Igbo is a tribe, but not a race; also Africans, in general, do not consider themselves black because we are not all black. There are White Africans, Black Africans, North Africans etc, Indian Africans etc.
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
Unfortunately this is true but i am not just seeking a white just for the sake of it. Am looking for someone i can be compatible with and unfortunately alot of blk men dnt view our thoughts and feelings appropriately,if we say something they do not like we are being feminism, even helping out with stuff that is seen as a woman's job is unafrican and even educated men still think this way. Maybe its because i am mostly dealing with African man but i also hear similar complaints abt non-african blk men. So what should i do, i refuse to settle for less. Unless am a housewife and he is a rich man then heck who am i too complain as i have nothing else but that to contribute to the relationship.
amebopost:

Don't be sorry. It is your opinion. I just don't understand how you reached that conclusion. So many of my African American friends feel the same way about white women; and now, our black women are starting to feel the same way. Even more troubling are the inordinate number of threads extolling white women over our black women. I have never seen nor heard a white person who puts us above theirs. These were the people who enslaved some of our ancestors and made life hell for their descendants, till this day. I will stick to my people no matter what. Better to be disrespected by a black woman than a white woman.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by amebopost(m): 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2013
@Subomi-luv

And you shouldn't settle for less. Settling for less not only hurts you but also the person that you will settle for. I hope that you will find the man of your dreams. Good luck.
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by 50calibre(m): 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Well Christianity is a big factor for me and i already make sure before i even date someone because i do not want to waste my time. There is no condescension towards blk men in my post. I admitted that i know i may have been a bit over the top but that was because of all the frustration over and over with the same things. Sweety i do not have low self confidence it;s quite the opposite because i know what i want and am going for it. I dnt hate blk men i luv u, u guys are my bros. There is no reason to hate or be upset with a lady for chosing her preferences. I said it has more to do with my personality and as well. So pls drop all these bitterness and lets be friends smiley

Hahahahahahaha! Why should I be bitter, are the only black woman on earth? For all it's worth, black men even got a choice and good shot with women of all races. It's only astounds me to see black women or men condemning their own race, it is something only peculiar to the black race and it is a spit on the face of our mothers and fathers.

Great men fought and died to emancipate black people from slavery, to create social equality, equal opportunity, it is now left for us to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery and the moment we begin to see white people as our equals, there would always be a problem.

Nothing wrong in dating or marrying a white person but skin colour shouldn't be a factor

4 Likes

Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
@Poster, can you please differentiate a black man with village mentality and the one with city mentality? 2. Are you now saying we don't have a white man with village mentality? Please reply because i am impatient.
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Idowuogbo(f): 9:01pm On Apr 09, 2013
Yomii: @Poster, can you please differentiate a black man with village mentality and the one with city mentality? 2. Are you now saying we don't have a white man with village mentality? Please i reply because i am impatient.
grin grin grin
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by MrsChima(f): 9:01pm On Apr 09, 2013
amebopost:
Indeed Igbo is a tribe, but not a race; also Africans, in general, do not consider themselves black because we are not all black. There are White Africans, Black Africans, North Africans etc, Indian Africans etc.

The one that said it was black and said Africans instead of being specific can't assume what he meant.
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Idowuogbo(f): 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Jealous na? kiss
angry angry
Share d damn cocky.
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
Where am i condemning blk men. Am just stating what is going on around me and why i have my preference so that i can be at peace. I don't know why blk men get so Agro when a black women says something they dnt like. Blk men can bash women and all the sorts, blk men can have preferences, but hell to the No if a blk women does. I mean even blk men themselves say the want a typical african woman who will be at their beck and call. Sorry that's not me, i don't like lazy men who say the reason they cant do this or that is because its a womans job. You man have said it countless of times. But when a woman does that, than the shit hits the fan. Skin colour is a factor in this case because its easier to find a white man with my views than a blk man
50calibre:

Hahahahahahaha! Why should I be bitter, are the only black woman on earth? For all it's worth, black men even got a choice and good shot with women of all races. It's only astounds me to see black women or men condemning their own race, it is something only peculiar to the black race and it is a spit on the face of our mothers and fathers.

Great men fought and died to emancipate black people from slavery, to create social equality, equal opportunity, it is now left for us to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery and the moment we begin to see white people as our equals, there would always be a problem.

Nothing wrong in dating or marrying a white person but skin colour shouldn't be a factor

3 Likes

Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by 50calibre(m): 9:08pm On Apr 09, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

WTF! Where on earth did you hear that? It's like saying the Greeks or french are not white.

You are married to a black man who gives you black magic stick and now you come here to deceive the gullible.
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 09, 2013
A blk man with villager mentality is the one who feels that a womens place is to cook and clean and he would not lift a hand but sit and watch tv. These are the ones who say its unafrican or unmanly for a man to help a lady in the kitchen or to help with the chores. They are not open minded. A bit sexist and really believe in gender roles
Yomii: @Poster, can you please differentiate a black man with village mentality and the one with city mentality? 2. Are you now saying we don't have a white man with village mentality? Please reply because i am impatient.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Unfortunately this is true but i am not just seeking a white just for the sake of it. Am looking for someone i can be compatible with and unfortunately alot of blk men dnt view our thoughts and feelings appropriately,if we say something they do not like we are being feminism, even helping out with stuff that is seen as a woman's job is unafrican and even educated men still think this way. Maybe its because i am mostly dealing with African man but i also hear similar complaints abt non-african blk men. So what should i do, i refuse to settle for less. Unless am a housewife and he is a rich man then heck who am i too complain as i have nothing else but that to contribute to the relationship.

If you like a white guy go for it smiley
Other people's opinions should have nothing to do with your decision babe.

That aside, what you are describing here can be gotten from a relatively travelled black man as well, not just white.
And I feel a lot of women are misunderstanding me.
E.g When I talk about dominance, I don't mean a useless guy barking around the house who doesn't see the need in helping out his wife (who most likely works) around the house.

A man can still be the head of the home, and yet take it as his responsibility to mow the lawn, take out the gargage, or even wash the dishes, etc. These are trivial bickerings aimed at deviating away from the real point.

When God almighty created the family cell, there are things he put in place. Natural laws so to speak. Family's start having problems when people start doing "I too know" and before you know it, someone is fighting with another person over who should wear the pants in the house.

If a man loves you and you love him, submitting to him would come easy and natural. In fact, it will happen before you even know what is happening. To those of you who don't get what I'm saying, it is because you are still too young and, like I said, not ready for marriage.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by truthisbitter: 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2013
Subomi-luv:
They are not open minded. A bit sexist and really believe in gender roles
You are a hypocrite! Didn't you say this in a previous thread?

Subomi-luv:
It is the MANS job to protect his WOMAN. A woman should not be the one protecting both of them.

Isn't that what you call a gender role?

https://www.nairaland.com/1232333/why-dont-black-men-protect#14857265

3 Likes

Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 09, 2013
I agree with you. Am not fighting to be the man of the house neither do i want too, all i was saying from my experience that alot of blk men do not feel it is manly or want to help a woman out which honestly thats a no no for me because from there arguments start, not feeling appreciated etc. But now you have made yourself clear and i can see that you are the type that has no qualms abt helping your woman out which is kewl and hopefully you really mean it and are not saying that. If i find a guy like that whose thinking is not narrow minded etc then great will choose him anyday.
2buff:

If you like a white guy go for it smiley
Other people's opinions should have nothing to do with your decision babe.

That aside, what you are describing here can be gotten from a relatively travelled black man as well, not just white.
And I feel a lot of women are misunderstanding me.
E.g When I talk about dominance, I don't mean a useless guy barking around the house who doesn't see the need in helping out his wife (who most likely works) around the house.

A man can still be the head of the home, and yet take it as his responsibility to mow the lawn, take out the gargage, or even wash the dishes, etc. These are trivial bickerings aimed at deviating away from the real point.

When God almighty created the family cell, there are things he put in place. Natural laws so to speak. Family's start having problems when people start doing "I too know" and before you know it, someone is fighting with another person over who should wear the pants in the house.

If a man loves you and you love him, submitting to him would come easy and natural. In fact, it will happen before you even know what is happening. To those of you who don't get what I'm saying, it is because you are still too young and, like I said, not ready for marriage.
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2013
lol pls dnt bring other threads to my new threads. ok let it break it down. In the past when ppl used to say bad things abt blk men we would condemn them and fight back. When something bad is said abt blk women, blk men will agree and even add more salt in the injury. That is what i meant, but nowadays women dt care or fight back because men do not care and continue to say bad things abt women. it is not a gender role if it's a two way thing. But as 2buff said as the head of the house if someone insults your wife and you do nothing, what is the head of a house then for. Reply on the other thread if you want more clarity. Hope i answered your q
truthisbitter:
You are a hypocrite! Didn't you say this in a previous thread?

Isn't that what you call a gender role?

https://www.nairaland.com/1232333/why-dont-black-men-protect#14857265

Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao... I thought you're Jamaican, no?? We JA mandem are cocky like that, that's the blessing from Marcus Garvey, Selasse, and Jah... wink grin

Gatts follow "ShymmexLion" asp, girlie... Dun noe bredrin... wink tongue
I am, but I still will detest his ignorant backside. Anyway, he eventually calmed down and pulled out a Marcus Garvey pocket book... Seriously, who does that?! Was that you? grin. We bonded over Marcus Garvey's thoughts on societal morals and honesty.
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
As a woman who has also dated a white man, there is a big different between a white, black and Asian man because they are all different(backgrounds, cultures etc.

You cannot say one is better then the other but it depends on the type of Girl you are.

If you are the more traditional type a black man would be more suited for you(culture etc), if you are the independent type(21st century) you will go for 21st century type of guy or most likely a non-black male.

It is kind of bad to generalize that all black man are a certain way when you have not been with all black men but do what is best for you. Not all non-black men hate black women, the white guy i dated wanted to marry me.

If you have a supportive and understanding family too and you really want to marry a white man then go ahead.
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by 50calibre(m): 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Where am i condemning blk men. Am just stating what is going on around me and why i have my preference so that i can be at peace. I don't know why blk men get so Agro when a black women says something they dnt like. Blk men can bash women and all the sorts, blk men can have preferences, but hell to the No if a blk women does. I mean even blk men themselves say the want a typical african woman who will be at their beck and call. Sorry that's not me, i don't like lazy men who say the reason they cant do this or that is because its a womans job. You man have said it countless of times. But when a woman does that, than the shit hits the fan. Skin colour is a factor in this case because its easier to find a white man with my views than a blk man

I see! Well I have one last question for you

- why would a white guy from a normal working class family( not trashy or a junkie ) marry a black woman if she is going to be characteristically the same as a white woman? They might as well settle for a white woman who they feel has the generally accepted features of beauty ( blonde, blue eyes, long legs, big boobs ) why would they stress it?

Black guys go for white women because they are submissive, they do anything you want without opposition. White men marry black women because they got what white women haven't.
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
abiL:

It's a public thread. I can quote and unquote man-bïtches as my heart desires. smiley

Now answer my question mr obese-tryna-pass-it-off-as-hench.

Wow interestingly I missed this comment. smiley
My dear Abil, in case you haven't gotten it into your thick little skull yet, I obviously like you. smiley
It will be fun when I finally get to manhandle and use that sharp mouth of yours for my personal pleasure.
I'll use/abuse you so good baby. cool
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
SMH......I pity the supposed old ppl of Naija undecided
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 09, 2013
That's like me saying why would white woman marry blk men when white men tend to be better educated, richer, great features, more reliably(not thousands of baby daddys), are willing to help out more at home. Really? The main reason white woman go for blk men and white men go for blk woman is because of attraction. A white man who is not attracted to blk women would not go there. I think white men will go for a blk woman who is educated, attractive(takes care of her body etc) btw long legs and big boobs are not limited to white women and sees himself a compatible partner. A woman is a woman and if you have the same views then it can work. Also some white men have a thing for blk women(complexion, body etc) and also alot of blk women are very homely, stand their ground but at the end of the day i think its mostly to preference.
50calibre:

I see! Well I have one last question for you

- why would a white guy from a normal working class family( not trashy or a junkie ) marry a black woman if she is going to be characteristically the same as a white woman? They might as well settle for a white woman who they feel has the generally accepted features of beauty ( blonde, blue eyes, long legs, big boobs ) why would they stress it?

Black guys go for white women because they are submissive, they do anything you want without opposition. White men marry black women because they got what white women haven't.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by biolabee(m): 10:03pm On Apr 09, 2013
50calibre:

Sweet!
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2013
Busy!! Gwan?

Everything ya want, chicken and beer?

Bad man fi tek puss.yclart devil from babylon seriously, ya noe.

White man fi devil from babylon!
Re: I'm Going To Marry A White Man by biolabee(m): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2013
V0LV0tic: As a woman who has also dated a white man, there is a big different between a white, black and Asian man because they are all different(backgrounds, cultures etc.

You cannot say one is better then the other but it depends on the type of Girl you are.

If you are the more traditional type a black man would be more suited for you(culture etc), if you are the independent type(21st century) you will go for 21st century type of guy or most likely a non-black male.

It is kind of bad to generalize that all black man are a certain way when you have not been with all black men but do what is best for you. Not all non-black men hate black women, the white guy i dated wanted to marry me but my family unfortunately are the old school types and want me to marry a Nigerian.

If you have a supportive and understanding family too and you really want to marry a white man then go ahead.

grin grin you don't know that LOL...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply)

Delta Pastor Dies During Sex Romp With Teenager In Hotel / Ladies In Bikini Climb Pole To Dance, Cause A Stir At The Club With Remy Martin / Transsexual Ivana Spends £87,000 To Look Like A Sex Doll (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.