Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) (32168 Views)

Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) / Fresh IMSU Graduate Dead As Students Poured Dirty Water On Him! [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by deejayzee: 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2013
Na wa ooooo c comments many of u on dis nairaland r nut serious as 4 d students make dem take am easy,may God b with d family of d dead, n d heart to bear d irreparable loss of d dead
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by adezzy01(m): 7:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
so lautech std can b ds violent? Wel Idnt2say somtin nw den my oga@d top wil say anoda tin but giv dem fire4fire u wil get amnesty 4evrybody dats al.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by mayor007(m): 7:35pm On Apr 09, 2013
I even thought the SUG has been emasculated by The School Authorities. Violence is never an option cause I even remembered during the "tombolo" (serial rapist) saga around '05 then, traffic along the major road was just grounded without any property destruction whilst protesting to The Soun. May Their Souls RIP. Let me call my cousins to know the situation of things. This is so sad!
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by amokemi(m): 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2013
LAUTECH Anthem.

Arise Oh Sing Oh Ladokite,
Ever militant, ever reasonable,
Fighting for peace, love and justice,
Intimidation we condone not,
Great LAUTECH I'm proud of you,
Great LAUTECH, you made me whole
Let's join hands to make her great.
Excellence, integrity and service.

End.

From what I have deduced from this struggle, the spirit of LAUTECH aluta that was in place in the late 90s and early 2000 when the likes of Diganga, Ropo, flow, Bolo etc held sway at the Kudirat Abiola building (SUG building) is still in place. The mantra then was no matter the protest, do not destroy any school property. And if the current students of my alma mata do not want their school shut down, they should remember the 2 days on, one day off of all aluta.
May the souls of the departed rest in absolute peace and may the struggle of the living not be in vain.

ALUTA CONTINUA, VICTORIA ACERTA

7 Likes

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by mu2sa2: 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
blackmann: That front gate is usually a deadly place for the students. During my days as a student in Lautech we had numerous loss of lives there and several riots. Vehicles speeding from Ilorin don't even bother slowing down when the approach that area. It got to a point the skool closed that gate permanently and all students used the Under-G road (the back entrance).

May their souls RIP.
I dont know why schools are sited along busy roads in nigeria, even primary schools. Why dont they locate schools off main roads - places that are quiet and conducive for learning. Lautech has had so many of its students killed right in front of the school's main gate that to even close that gate permanently wont be too much to save lives. All this rioting is uncalled for - the students should rather suggest ways to end the wanton slaughter.

1 Like

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by maclatunji: 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2013
Soyedele1: Why are you calling those pple idiots?If it was your brother that was killed,will you be saying that nansense from your mouth?I am a ladokite and i knew what happened and at least,feel sorry for the parents of the dead.

There could easily have been more dead students as a result of your actions. There are better ways to channel grievances than putting your lives and those of others at risk.

Every country has its own peculiar problems but I cannot help but accept that many of those we face in Nigeria are totally avoidable.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Reference(m): 7:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
bloggernaija: These so-called students are mostly between the ages of 20 and 34.I am in the office right now with my oyinbo colleagues .Their average age is 23.many of them with masters degree.
The fact that a quarter of your productive life has been wasted first hit you when you are interviewed by a post puberty kid at any foreign embassy in Naija .On getting to your destination,you realise that those kids already have 5 years after uni practical working experience while 30 yrs old grandpa is still burning tyre in Naija .
Insanity rules Naija for real

Ouch!
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2013
Tony Spike: Well, as usual, it's time for the university to make some damn money from the students. From the level of damage(s) on ground, the students will be asked to pay at least NGN 5,000 as compensation fee. Eventually, the innocent students will pay for the wicked vandalism of other students.
students would not pay any damage .the mob action took place in the town,not in campus. vandalism is minimal.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by luluosas(m): 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2013
Eyah! May the soul of the departed rest in peace
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by StateOfMind: 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2013
Aadeolu:

You are obviously out of your mind... How dare u run your filthy mouth about my school? Stick to the topic fool! Which other state university is better self?

No I'm not, I'm an ex-ladokite too and its the fact tongue
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by ninja4life(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2013
Tolexander: EH!
Wondering what fate has just befallen my neighbor!
The polygamist has just 15 children in LAUTECH.
I pray the fee for damages doesn't exceed #20,000 each.
just like seriouslyshockedshockedshocked
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by biolabee(m): 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2013
bloggernaija: These so-called students are mostly between the ages of 20 and 34.I am in the office right now with my oyinbo colleagues .Their average age is 23.many of them with masters degree.
The fact that a quarter of your productive life has been wasted first hit you when you are interviewed by a post puberty kid at any foreign embassy in Naija .On getting to your destination,you realise that those kids already have 5 years after uni practical working experience while 30 yrs old grandpa is still burning tyre in Naija .
Insanity rules Naija for real

U schooled it brah
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by thompson56(m): 8:24pm On Apr 09, 2013
At the age of 44 u re still poor u now finally
won a jackpot of 50million naira AT the age
of 45, then ur grandma was kidnap for
ransom of 49million naira as well
WHAT WILL U DO?
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by dulphines: 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
thehomer: Hmm. Future leaders of Nigeria. And people wonder why Nigeria's leaders are so terrible at what they do. They would fit right in with many state House of Assemblies and the federal House of Assembly.

Is there a house called The Federal House of Assembly? Oh, you mean National Assembly?
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by hardbody: 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
scobaba:

In my first year I paid for damages I did not cause.

From 2nd year till I graduated, I headed d damage team.

So I paid without frowning.

Just like me joor, I was always heading Aluta because at the end of the fracas, all students will pay for whatever damage caused. It was fun then, but looking back now, it was pure juvenile delinquency and it just doesn't make sense now.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2013
students riot is as old as history modern educational system. government and school authority to prevent crisis. i saw what happened ogbomoso people esp drivers and artidans are reckless.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
hop nig is not a cousred country o. evil tins here n there, unemployment. God help nig.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by hardbody: 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
thompson56: At the age of 44 u re still poor u now finally
won a jackpot of 50million naira AT the age
of 45, then ur grandma was kidnap for
ransom of 49million naira as well
WHAT WILL U DO?

The age calculation and poverty status doesn't fit with me, however if you kidnap my grandma, you are on a long thing, when you tire, you go release am either in life or in death. In the former case, we will celebrate her, in the later, we will give her a befitting burial, she has already achieved with my dad and uncles and myself and other siblings and cousins. She will otherwise die sometime anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by hardeihorlar(f): 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2013
It was only one student dat died, her mane is kemi in Science laboratory technology dpt(200l). Pls verify ur info b4 coming 2 a public forum
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by zaza1(m): 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
Seun: What's the status of the pregnant lecturer and her foetus?
grin grin..I don die
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by tobiit(m): 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
i'm a student of the school and i detest this protest. the school is presently on strike for some internal adminstrative issues and make the protest useless. secondly, this protest has been hijacked by some individual for their personal ambitions as it is no longer about the DEAD STUDENTS but now against the V.C of the school. words such as "GBADEGESIN must go", "the V.C is a thief" e.t.c were seen being carried by the protesters.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Osumare2013: 8:54pm On Apr 09, 2013
hardeihorlar: It was only one student dat died, her mane is kemi in Science laboratory technology dpt(200l). Pls verify ur info b4 coming 2 a public forum
U sure about dis? Intel tells us they're 3 girls. Two frm d bike (one jumped off and hit her head on d ground), the other was on d bike when d cab hit dem, and the third was a walking by d roadside.

U're the one that shld confir ur intel

1 Like

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
As an adage would say "There is no truth in the news, just as there is no news in the truth" Am a Ladokite, and I can boldly tell you that the news above is not what really happened.... This is what actually happened.

Some 200L student was sent out of the biology laboratory for not wearing their laboratory coat during the practical class, the girl that died (200L SLT student) and her friend (it might interest you to know that they're three friends that walk together, one of them is a very close friend of mine (she wasn't involved in the accident oo))... Rushed down to get their lab coat, and a drunk driver (a bread supplier precisely) ran his delivery car into their bike, and the girl that died jumped off the bike and hit the road with her skull, take note that the other girl is still alive and my friend (the NO3 friend in their group called her yesterday to confirm she is still alive) the only person that died was the girl at the back of the bike and her body was brought to our gross anatomy laboratory, where she was laid till her family came for her today.... The car was burnt and the driver beaten to pulp...

LESSON: Why is Nigeria education system so retarded? I believe the school should have a small shelf for all science student that are making use of the laboratory, so that we can keep our lab stuff inside, and take them home during weekend for cleaning...

THE PROTEST THAT IS CAUSING UNREST is actually not because of the girl that died! The school was already on ASUU strike before the incident occured, the reason being that, for the past 15 month or so, we dont have a real VC and governing body coucil, they're all acting. So ASUU wants permanent people in the office... And student want the same thing too... But the reason why student started a protest early this morning is because of the School Portal that was closed very early and the unfavourable policy that the acting VC is making, so they want the DSA (dean student affairs) and the VC (vice chancellor) removed and the portal re-opened!

I would have shared pictures of the Placard that the student wrote all this things and pasted it at the school gate, but it's dark already and i can't risk going into the school tonight. So @OP get fact straight before posting on Nairaland!
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by 0yewale(m): 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
adeaugustus: As an adage would say "There is no truth in the news, just as there is no news in the truth" Am a Ladokite, and I can boldly tell you that the news above is not what really happened.... This is what actually happened.

Some 200L student was sent out of the biology laboratory for not wearing their laboratory coat during the practical class, the girl that died (200L SLT student) and her friend (it might interest you to know that they're three friends that walk together, one of them is a very close friend of mine (she wasn't involved in the accident oo))... Rushed down to get their lab coat, and a drunk driver (a bread supplier precisely) ran his delivery car into their bike, and the girl that died jumped off the bike and hit the road with her skull, take note that the other girl is still alive and my friend (the NO3 friend in their group called her yesterday to confirm she is still alive) the only person that died was the girl at the back of the bike and her body was brought to our gross anatomy laboratory, where she was laid till her family came for her today.... The car was burnt and the driver beaten to pulp...

LESSON: Why is Nigeria education system so retarded? I believe the school should have a small shelf for all science student that are making use of the laboratory, so that we can keep our lab stuff inside, and take them home during weekend for cleaning...

THE PROTEST THAT IS CAUSING UNREST is actually not because of the girl that died! The school was already on ASUU strike before the incident occured, the reason being that, for the past 15 month or so, we dont have a real VC and governing body coucil, they're all acting. So ASUU wants permanent people in the office... And student want the same thing too... But the reason why student started a protest early this morning is because of the School Portal that was closed very early and the unfavourable policy that the acting VC is making, so they want the DSA (dean student affairs) and the VC (vice chancellor) removed and the portal re-opened!

I would have shared pictures of the Placard that the student wrote all this things and pasted it at the school gate, but it's dark already and i can't risk going into the school tonight. So @OP get fact straight before posting on Nairaland!

nice one bro .. this is the same news am hearing from friends still present in the school.. ex-ladokite

1 Like

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by tobiit(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2013
adeaugustus: As an adage would say "There is no truth in the news, just as there is no news in the truth" Am a Ladokite, and I can boldly tell you that the news above is not what really happened.... This is what actually happened.

Good explanation...wht level r u and dept.? i'm also a ladokite 300L of Mgt. nd Acc.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Larryupsy: 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2013
StateOfMind:

I also wonder how the lecturer is at fault here o. I was really pissed when heard the story yesterday. That school is one of the worst state universities in nigeria at the moment with very little facilities and lazy lecturers. Their academic calender has k-leg and yet all they could think of is rioting and disrupting the already distorted academic calender.

Bunch of Jokers. Won o fe kawe, won o tun fe ka ogbon.

May the souls of the students rest in peace.
u 're stupid for uttering that arrant nonsense from ur mouth by bringing one of d most reutable university in Nigeria into ridicule.I doubt if u truely graduated or even attened a reputable university.I doubt d efficiency of ur Intelligent Quotience.Ladokite intimedation we condole not
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 09, 2013
0yewale:

nice one bro .. this is the same news am hearing from friends still present in the school.. ex-ladokite

I think i might know you!!! BLHCF? If yes, the you designed my church CACYOF website...., right?
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
tobiit:

Good explanation...wht level r u and dept.? i'm also a ladokite 300L of Mgt. nd Acc.
Human Anatomy 200L that was why i said the lady's body was brought to our Lab
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Captain2012(m): 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
Tony Spike: Well, as usual, it's time for the university to make some damn money from the students. From the level of damage(s) on ground, the students will be asked to pay at least NGN 5,000 as compensation fee. Eventually, the innocent students will pay for the wicked vandalism of other students.

For your mind.....
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by ayando(m): 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
oh my skool! May the souls of the departed rest in peace. That express road comin frm ilorin shud b avoided. Too many souls v died on dat road.cant forget dec 23, 2006.under g shud be used by closin dat gate to students.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by tosynbolade(m): 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
Hmmmm..my alma mata...
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by truthcom: 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
StateOfMind:

I also wonder how the lecturer is at fault here o. I was really pissed when heard the story yesterday. That school is one of the worst state universities in nigeria at the moment with very little facilities and lazy lecturers. Their academic calender has k-leg and yet all they could think of is rioting and disrupting the already distorted academic calender.

Bunch of Jokers. Won o fe kawe, won o tun fe ka ogbon.

May the souls of the students rest in peace.

Guy, U lie too much. I attended Lautech between 2006 - 2008, though in one of the UK Uni now. Lautech is one of the best State Uni in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trailer Carries 100 UNILORIN Students Due To Fuel Scarcity (Video) / Throwback Photo Of ABU Zaria 8 Months Before Its Commissioning In 1962 / Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.