Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) (32169 Views)

Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) / Fresh IMSU Graduate Dead As Students Poured Dirty Water On Him! [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by ngmart(m): 3:51am On Apr 10, 2013
GOD HAVE MERCY
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by thehomer: 3:53am On Apr 10, 2013
dulphines:

Is there a house called The Federal House of Assembly? Oh, you mean National Assembly?

Yes that.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Masiya(m): 3:53am On Apr 10, 2013
Imagine loosing a best friend, brother or colleaque to such flemsy excuse. The anger wul definately let loose....
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by skoloppy31(m): 4:00am On Apr 10, 2013
Evrybody just dey run dia mouth,am proud to be a LADOKITE and I knw most oof una wey dey talk rubbish for here no fits take half of all these shit dem dey do to us(dos NASU pple)....u pple skool wey be say my first year tuition pay for ur 4 years in skool and ur feeding dey talk here..SMH.no be skool property. Boyz destroy,so don't be misinformed.an injury to one is an injury to all.if u get pikin and he yarn u say,since he no se money pay on time,he dn get extra yera automatically...u go happy abi....ENI TI koba to fe she oribu.ruku ko ma so nonsense Ooº°˚˚....OGUN go strike u down

2 Likes

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by seunlayi(m): 5:52am On Apr 10, 2013
student should learn how to solve issues without confrontation. From this thread now, I think I can get a clearer picture of what cos the confrontation which I believe is the major reason, that is the closing of the school portal. What dis actually means is 'extra semester for majority of the student' and what do we expect? They will like to use the slightest opportunity to show their anger. Also, the government of the state in the past and present are not helping matters with their selfish policies. may God grant those concern the heart to bear the loss.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by boladez(m): 6:18am On Apr 10, 2013
Really don't understand why a Road traffic accident will lead to a riot?

The truth is that it takes two to tango , these days, pedestrians find it difficult to get out of the way of vehicles. Drivers have to struggle to avoid bikes, goats, sheep and dumb people.
Many times you blow your horn to warn pedestrians and they wont even turn around to look because they believe the driver can see and should avoid them without regard to the condition of the vehicle or the fact that vehicles are mechanical and any of the components can fail at any time.

Why did they have more than one person on the bike according to eye witness accounts and would the students rather take the exam without Lab coats? when they knew they should have them long before the exam.

This is just a reflection of the lack of investment in the youth hence leaving them misguided.

God give us good and competent leaders who will change our country for good.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Tdrums11(m): 6:50am On Apr 10, 2013
Diarogba: Continue with ur riots ..u idiots... U re only suffering urseves...spending more years and xtra years in the university.
you are such a big f**l,you should ve asked what lead 2 d riot. I will give u a break down analysis of d whole event-though 3 students died,2 are in coma,d last one with dislocation,the main cause of d riot is the vc's insistent that he wont open d skul portal for payment of tution and course registration,while he knows vividly dat only about 30-35% of students have paid,meaning d remaining 65% will loose a semester,also charges for hostel registration which of course d skul is not residential,we live off campus,and finally insecurity-students are being robbed daily at d atm points within d skul premises yet our vc and is non-challant attitude doesnt care.I hope you guys will put on ur thinking cap and reason in the right direction.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by ORMORT: 7:31am On Apr 10, 2013
If you don't know the real/full story,you will definitely add to it...The student did not damage any of the school properties.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by roqrules04(m): 7:52am On Apr 10, 2013
The school property was not destroyed ooo.
Students only burnt the vehicle that was involved in the accident and the towing vehicle that was brought to tow it away.
Tires were also burnt in some specific areas just to restrict movement.
I'm a 400Level computer science student in LAUTECH.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by shenney: 7:57am On Apr 10, 2013
TRUE STORY ABOUT LAUTECH RIOT. As earlier broadcasted,it has been confirmed that just 2 SLT students were involved in the accident,although one died but the other one survived and she is getting better in the hospital. She CONFIRMED today that they never made it to the school before the accident,apparently they were not sent back to get lab coat by the accused lecturer in charge of the practical. Pls let's STOP spreading information we are not sure of. The witness is alive to testify to this. This is not a fabrication, it is the truth,u can find out if u care to know d truth. Stop spreading bad news about the lecturer in charge she did nothing wrong. Pls broadcast this message.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Rexyl(m): 8:00am On Apr 10, 2013
@Tdrums11 I want to believe you are right that the School is still not residential as I knew about it years back. If the system still continues why will the VC impose hostel accommodation charges? Is it to harvest where they have not sown or what? If this is the matter I thought the way to go about it shouldn‘t have claimed any life if the student union had been dynamic and known how to appropriately handle unfair matters of the school‘s authority.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Rexyl(m): 8:01am On Apr 10, 2013
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by subnormal: 8:16am On Apr 10, 2013
Several people have tried to enlighten us about what happened, some even tried defending the protesting students bur, this doesn't change the fact that they could have handled the situation better. Why burn down the car and (especially) the towing van who was only trying to help clear the accident scene, was it responsible for the mishap? If this is the way our future leaders handle issues I weep for this country

1 Like

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by folubola(m): 8:33am On Apr 10, 2013
ArQueBusieR: Lab coats serve as protection against chemical spills and other accidents while working in the lab, so how is the lecturer wrong? I detest such attitudes. You just gotta love the military.
sometimes lecturers av to just show mercy.....and fact is there should be a place to rent lab coats and stuffs like that instead of going home to get it since u 4got it in d 1st place
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by 0yewale(m): 8:37am On Apr 10, 2013
adeaugustus:
I think i might know you!!! BLHCF? If yes, the you designed my church CACYOF website...., right?

nope... ex-RCFite

1 Like

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by gidiMonsta(m): 8:54am On Apr 10, 2013
TF have these fucktards turned my Alma mata into? The SUG president should be expelled for this madness, beating up a pregnant woman? Iya Ghana's skunk must have gotten stonger. angry
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Sundex70: 9:23am On Apr 10, 2013
When will all these rubbish cease from our tertiary institutions? Violence is not the best answer. The students should have made known their grievances to the school authority in a proper manner.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by deelite: 10:34am On Apr 10, 2013
paparazzi1987: @Op this information is somehow not true ..Only one male student (200L dept of Pure and Applied Physics) lost his live.
I am an ex-Ladokite currently in Ogbomosho for my Transcript.
Dt's not true. It was a 200L female student of Science Laboratory Technology(SLT)
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by deelite: 10:36am On Apr 10, 2013
boladez: Really don't understand why a Road traffic accident will lead to a riot?

The truth is that it takes two to tango , these days, pedestrians find it difficult to get out of the way of vehicles. Drivers have to struggle to avoid bikes, goats, sheep and dumb people.
Many times you blow your horn to warn pedestrians and they wont even turn around to look because they believe the driver can see and should avoid them without regard to the condition of the vehicle or the fact that vehicles are mechanical and any of the components can fail at any time.

Why did they have more than one person on the bike according to eye witness accounts and would the students rather take the exam without Lab coats? when they knew they should have them long before the exam.

This is just a reflection of the lack of investment in the youth hence leaving them misguided.

God give us good and competent leaders who will change our country for good.
Mind Ɣ☺ΰ, the driver was drunk.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Tholudee(f): 11:26am On Apr 10, 2013
paparazzi1987: @Op this information is somehow not true ..Only one male student (200L dept of Pure and Applied Physics) lost his live.
I am an ex-Ladokite currently in Ogbomosho for my Transcript.
no bro,u ar d . Dat is wrng here,i'm a ladokite...1 male nd 2 female students lost dia lives...Fadekemi of 200L SLT student
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by MsNas(f): 12:16pm On Apr 10, 2013
PurestBoy:

Ok, dat was my guy G-Max dept & these dark twin who were exploiting me in d hope of 'runzing' phy 202 for me. I still wish to slap one Ajadi man & a dark horrible looking man at old phy lab for scamming me unto phy 104 parol from dat dept. Thanks to d women secretaries there, they have understanding and helped me when phy 104 nearly gave me an extra year. Lol
Gogo was my friend too
Lmaooo! I had ish with the PHY 202 too, the Ajadi man refused to release my result cos he claimed I didn't buy his textbook! I showed him my textbook to confirm my claim that I bought (my idiot rep refused to remit the money to him). He seized my result for 2 sessions but I refused to re-do the course. He eventually released it after demoting my grade from A to C. The guy is a menace! Those ones in the lab are even worse, it was one of the guys there (one Alfa) that I deal with. He will gimme my scores before it even reaches the dept.
Those women secretaries are a bit better. One of them (the alhaja) has been transferred to the Deputy Registrar's office, she was the one that helped me with the transcripts verification I went for last week and she didn't collect a dime! Bless her!!
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by papagiddy(m): 1:06pm On Apr 10, 2013
so what is d situation today in ogbomoso? are classes now open? ASUU srike action?,MBA Exams??....pls can someone tell us!
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by borntwice2008(m): 1:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
The lecturer is never at fault. Since they failed to meet the requirement for staying in class. Why are they not in their lab coat?
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by crimo4us(m): 1:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
StateOfMind:

I also wonder how the lecturer is at fault here o. I was really pissed when heard the story yesterday. That school is one of the worst state universities in nigeria at the moment with very little facilities and lazy lecturers. Their academic calender has k-leg and yet all they could think of is rioting and disrupting the already distorted academic calender.

Bunch of Jokers. Won o fe kawe, won o tun fe ka ogbon.

May the souls of the students rest in peace.
. Am not in support of the students for rioting and fighting a woman who is doing her job, and moreso, she was protecting the students against injuries but you must be someone who lack knowledge and ability to make research and find facts before you write jargons. Check Nigeria university rating before you can say the university is lacking in facilities or saying LAUTECH is one of the worst state university. Name your school and let us tell you the stand of the school as of today.Ignoramus

2 Likes

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by MsNas(f): 3:24pm On Apr 10, 2013
crimo4us: . Am not in support of the students for rioting and fighting a woman who is doing her job, and moreso, she was protecting the students against injuries but you must be someone who lack knowledge and ability to make research and find facts before you write jargons. Check Nigeria university rating before you can say the university is lacking in facilities or saying LAUTECH is one of the worst state university. Name your school and let us tell you the stand of the school as of today.Ignoramus
Don't mind them! Let them name their schools and we'll look up their rankings. Last I checked, Lautech is the second best state Uni...after LASU. It was the best for two years consecutively (2003-2004). Its always been ranked within the top 15 since I can remember. And this is a school that was established in 1990 o. *hiss*

1 Like

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Usherseun(m): 4:46pm On Apr 10, 2013
This is a false report, no lecturer was beaten, no school property was damage, no bike was burnt. When u don't know d full report will u jst hang ur hands from posting false report. RUBBISH.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by ddeola: 11:43am On Apr 11, 2013
It shall be well with Lautech. Great Ladokites, am proud of you...
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Tdrums11(m): 7:42am On Apr 12, 2013
Sum pple here ar just saying rubbish,u ar nt in lautech and u ar nt in ogbomoso,1.dey did beat any lecturer.2.we ar nt fighting becos of d accident,it becos of d skul portal dey close by d v c. 3.we did nt damage any skul property ok let it sink into ur brain always find d tru b4 saying rubbish. am proud 2 be a Ladokite great LAUTECH
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Kairoseki77: 2:54am On Apr 14, 2013
thompson56: At the age of 44 u re still poor u now finally
won a jackpot of 50million naira AT the age
of 45, then ur grandma was kidnap for
ransom of 49million naira as well
WHAT WILL U DO?

Would your Grandma still be alive??

If she is, then I would spend 2 million hiring police men and getting guns. Then I would ask the kidnappers to meet me to get the money and blow their heads off.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by tosynbolade(m): 12:56pm On May 09, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Would your Grandma still be alive??

If she is, then I would spend 2 million hiring police men and getting guns. Then I would ask the kidnappers to meet me to get the money and blow their heads off.
...#u r on point#
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by MistadeRegal(m): 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
''I CONDEMN the beating of the pregnant lecturer" or what else would FG say?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of ABU Zaria 8 Months Before Its Commissioning In 1962 / Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics / Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.