Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) (32167 Views)

Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) / Fresh IMSU Graduate Dead As Students Poured Dirty Water On Him! [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by amokemi(m): 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
When you have ignoramus in power, their actions and inactions outlive them. Akala and Oyinlola because of reasons best known to them turned my alma mata from the best state university in Nigeria to its present sorry state. Unfortunately, d current visitors to the school are also clueless on how to resolve this impasse.
The issues bedevilling the institution transcends te death of these student(s). Current Ladokites, pls let us exhibit high sense of decorum and intellectualism that we have always been known for. Our struggles shall not be in vain.

1 Like

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
adeaugustus: As an adage would say "There is no truth in the news, just as there is no news in the truth" Am a Ladokite, and I can boldly tell you that the news above is not what really happened.... This is what actually happened.

Some 200L student was sent out of the biology laboratory for not wearing their laboratory coat during the practical class, the girl that died (200L SLT student) and her friend (it might interest you to know that they're three friends that walk together, one of them is a very close friend of mine (she wasn't involved in the accident oo))... Rushed down to get their lab coat, and a drunk driver (a bread supplier precisely) ran his delivery car into their bike, and the girl that died jumped off the bike and hit the road with her skull, take note that the other girl is still alive and my friend (the NO3 friend in their group called her yesterday to confirm she is still alive) the only person that died was the girl at the back of the bike and her body was brought to our gross anatomy laboratory, where she was laid till her family came for her today.... The car was burnt and the driver beaten to pulp...

LESSON: Why is Nigeria education system so retarded? I believe the school should have a small shelf for all science student that are making use of the laboratory, so that we can keep our lab stuff inside, and take them home during weekend for cleaning...

THE PROTEST THAT IS CAUSING UNREST is actually not because of the girl that died! The school was already on ASUU strike before the incident occured, the reason being that, for the past 15 month or so, we dont have a real VC and governing body coucil, they're all acting. So ASUU wants permanent people in the office... And student want the same thing too... But the reason why student started a protest early this morning is because of the School Portal that was closed very early and the unfavourable policy that the acting VC is making, so they want the DSA (dean student affairs) and the VC (vice chancellor) removed and the portal re-opened!

I would have shared pictures of the Placard that the student wrote all this things and pasted it at the school gate, but it's dark already and i can't risk going into the school tonight. So @OP get fact straight before posting on Nairaland!

You call yourself student right ? When you finish you be terrible. Smh cheesy
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
hardeihorlar: It was only one student dat died, her mane is kemi in Science laboratory technology dpt(200l). Pls verify ur info b4 coming 2 a public forum
I wanna blv u shud be the one verifying ur news b4 posting inother not to mislead the public on a public forum
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by olanyte: 9:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
[quote author=monsuru560]Are u interested in making money online thru sport betting...mail me@okoya.monsuru@yahoo.com

Monsuru this is not topic for discution.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by biodge4real2000: 10:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
Dat a false story. U shudnt write a story dat u re nt sure abt nd stop makin pple say nonsense abt d school.nd bside it was only a girl in SLT nd her frnd badly injured
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Fussbot: 10:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
YoungSalute:

You call yourself student right ? When you finish you be terrible. Smh cheesy

I had 2 comment cus of u fool...is it d grammar dat matters here?didn't u get d msg he was trying 2 pass across??fool,idiot werey allinironu omo eran...

2 Likes

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by PurestBoy(m): 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
amokemi: LAUTECH Anthem.

Arise Oh Sing Oh Ladokite,
Ever militant, ever reasonable,
Fighting for peace, love and justice,
Intimidation we condone not,
Great LAUTECH I'm proud of you,
Great LAUTECH, you made me whole
Let's join hands to make her great.
Excellence, integrity and service.

End.

From what I have deduced from this struggle, the spirit of LAUTECH aluta that was in place in the late 90s and early 2000 when the likes of Diganga, Ropo, flow, Bolo etc held sway at the Kudirat Abiola building (SUG building) is still in place. The mantra then was no matter the protest, do not destroy any school property. And if the current students of my alma mata do not want their school shut down, they should remember the 2 days on, one day off of all aluta.
May the souls of the departed rest in absolute peace and may the struggle of the living not be in vain.

ALUTA CONTINUA, VICTORIA ACERTA

You just mentioned my friends when LAUTECH was LAUTECH. I went to Ogbomoso dis February and was shocked to see that the routes linking the campus to Adenike have been blocked and fenced and students and motorists have to go round through the main gate by the express. I nearly cried for the innocent students and was made to understand that the routes would not have been fenced if Prof Ayeni was still alive.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by susay2006: 10:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
why can't these lautech students learn from unadites... they have to pay sha, whether inocent or guilty... When they pay 20,000 each, they'll stop all their useless riot.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by abiola081(m): 10:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
Inik: Why do Nigerian students always turn violent and embark on destruction spree whenever they have grievances or issues? Will the burnt cars and motor bikes bring back the lives of the dead students....smh
d car dat wos burnt hit d gal and she die instantly at d spot...
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by PurestBoy(m): 10:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
thompson56: At the age of 44 u re still poor u now finally
won a jackpot of 50million naira AT the age
of 45, then ur grandma was kidnap for
ransom of 49million naira as well
WHAT WILL U DO?

You're a disgrace to your family, I hope you'll die young.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by dc555: 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
let peace reign. violence wont bring back the dead.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by MsNas(f): 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
First, may th souls of the departed R.I.P.
May the good Lord console their parents, family and friends.
Lautech has never been a violent school, I know that because I attended the school from 2004-2009. For the students to have acted that way...somethingh definetely spooked them. Some dept in the school e.g SLT have lecturers that behave like demi-gods. For all you care, the practical might be an impromptu one. Everybody knows that once you're above 100L, you don't need to carry ur lab coats around. There's a fixed time for all your practicals.
As per the beaten lecturer...in as much as I don't condone female battering or violence of any kind, I'll say some of the female lecturers in that school had it coming. One of them in the dept of Pure and Applied Mathematics nearly gave me an extra session just because she was too lazy to search for a score sheet that contained my marks!!! Trust me..if I could beat her up then, I would.
If I'm not being selfish sha...I thank God I quickly collected my transcripts last wednesday, it would have been hell as those NASU people will seize this opportunity to go on strike!
RIP beautiful ones sad
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by MsNas(f): 10:44pm On Apr 09, 2013
PurestBoy:

You just mentioned my friends when LAUTECH was LAUTECH. I went to Ogbomoso dis February and was shocked to see that the routes linking the campus to Adenike have been blocked and fenced and students and motorists have to go round through the main gate by the express. I nearly cried for the innocent students and was made to understand that the routes would not have been fenced if Prof Ayeni was still alive.
Yess! I noticed that as well o. I had to walk down to Under-G from my dept (Physics) when I was going back home because I didn't want to pass through the main gate! Even as an undergraduate I was always scared to pass through that gate. A lecturer was hit by a car coming from Ilorin at that same spot in 2009 and he burnt to death in his car! Lord have mercy
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by andyanders: 10:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
bloggernaija: These so-called students are mostly between the ages of 20 and 34.I am in the office right now with my oyinbo colleagues .Their average age is 23.many of them with masters degree.
The fact that a quarter of your productive life has been wasted first hit you when you are interviewed by a post puberty kid at any foreign embassy in Naija .On getting to your destination,you realise that those kids already have 5 years after uni practical working experience while 30 yrs old grandpa is still burning tyre in Naija .
Insanity rules Naija for real

Never insult your country fool like you. Are you sure you actually went to school with the kind of grammatical error you displayed here? Congo meat like you. Oyibo my nyash.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by PurestBoy(m): 10:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
Ms Nas:
Yess! I noticed that as well o. I had to walk down to Under-G from my dept (Physics) when I was going back home because I didn't want to pass through the main gate! Even as an undergraduate I was always scared to pass through that gate. A lecturer was hit by a car coming from Ilorin at that same spot in 2009 and he burnt to death in his car! Lord have mercy

Yeah I remember, that was around exam time and that was a lecturer from Physiology dept who spent late in his office preparing the question for his student.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by PurestBoy(m): 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
Ms Nas: First, may th souls of the departed R.I.P.
May the good Lord console their parents, family and friends.
Lautech has never been a violent school, I know that because I attended the school from 2004-2009. For the students to have acted that way...somethingh definetely spooked them. Some dept in the school e.g SLT have lecturers that behave like demi-gods. For all you care, the practical might be an impromptu one. Everybody knows that once you're above 100L, you don't need to carry ur lab coats around. There's a fixed time for all your practicals.
As per the beaten lecturer...in as much as I don't condone female battering or violence of any kind, I'll say some of the female lecturers in that school had it coming. One of them in the dept of Pure and Applied Mathematics nearly gave me an extra session just because she was too lazy to search for a score sheet that contained my marks!!! Trust me..if I could beat her up then, I would.
If I'm not being selfish sha...I thank God I quickly collected my transcripts last wednesday, it would have been hell as those NASU people will seize this opportunity to go on strike!
RIP beautiful ones sad

Seems we're the same 04 set. I finished from chemistry. You finished from what dept?
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by MsNas(f): 11:08pm On Apr 09, 2013
PurestBoy:

Yeah I remember, that was around exam time and that was a lecturer from Physiology dept who spent late in his office preparing the question for his student.
Yes. Exam time. The guy was from Anatomy

PurestBoy:

Seems we're the same 04 set. I finished
from chemistry. You finished from what dept?
Physics
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by heykims(m): 11:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
StateOfMind:

I also wonder how the lecturer is at fault here o. I was really pissed when heard the story yesterday. That school is one of the worst state universities in nigeria at the moment with very little facilities and lazy lecturers. Their academic calender has k-leg and yet all they could think of is rioting and disrupting the already distorted academic calender.

Bunch of Jokers. Won o fe kawe, won o tun fe ka ogbon.

May the souls of the students rest in peace.
my dear mediocre brother, dont talk trash here, dts d best state university in nigeria leading dt feat for d past 8yrs, stop being moronic dude...nd go seek statistics..

1 Like

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Simolicatalano: 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
blackmann: That front gate is usually a deadly place for the students. During my days as a student in Lautech we had numerous loss of lives there and several riots. Vehicles speeding from Ilorin don't even bother slowing down when the approach that area. It got to a point the skool closed that gate permanently and all students used the Under-G road (the back entrance).

May their souls RIP.
blackmann: That front gate is usually a deadly place for the students. During my days as a student in Lautech we had numerous loss of lives there and several riots. Vehicles speeding from Ilorin don't even bother slowing down when the approach that area. It got to a point the skool closed that gate permanently and all students used the Under-G road (the back entrance).

May their souls RIP.

May their souls RIP.
speed breakers have already been put on d road a long time ago.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Simolicatalano: 11:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
PurestBoy:

You're a disgrace to your family, I hope you'll die young.
lmao
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Simolicatalano: 11:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
CrazyMan: Why mob and beat up a pregnant woman?

Would it bring back the dead?

Would it undo what has already been done?

I just pray she doesn't loose the baby.
i really dont support d mob tho...
But if only she was a bit careful with her words she would have spared herself d humiliation.
She said "the death of the student(s) isnt my concern, i only did my job"
she could have reconstructed dat statement in a million beta wayz....
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by PurestBoy(m): 12:00am On Apr 10, 2013
Ms Nas:
Yes. Exam time. The guy was from Anatomy

Physics

Ok, dat was my guy G-Max dept & these dark twin who were exploiting me in d hope of 'runzing' phy 202 for me. I still wish to slap one Ajadi man & a dark horrible looking man at old phy lab for scamming me unto phy 104 parol from dat dept. Thanks to d women secretaries there, they have understanding and helped me when phy 104 nearly gave me an extra year. Lol
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by simiolu1(m): 12:03am On Apr 10, 2013
obo_man: I'm thinking laboratory coats are meant to be hung and kept in the laboratory?

Why should students be allowed to take it home in the first place?

That being said, didn't the student that were sent home know that it is mandatory to go inside the lab with laboratory gowns?

The accident is very unfortunate but I don't think it is the pregnant woman's fault.... Beating a pregnant woman is barbaric and callous.

Burning your university down in anger isn't also a smart idea either. You end up disrupting your education and prolonging your graduation date.

As youths, we have to think and reflect before taking any actions.

Overall, I blame it on our lackadaisical approach toward how we run our system.

RIP the dead.

To set the records straight, I am a Ladokite (500L) and I followed the protest yesterday. Truly, the pregnant woman was doing her job. But when a student rushed into the Lab to break news about the dead student that dies on the spot, she allegedly told all the students in the Lab to stay put else they would forfeit the marks of the practical and that no make-up would be organized. She further went on to say that the student's death was none of her business and that "she was only doing her job!"

It was her lack of sympathy that enraged the students as the dead girl just arrived from home on Sunday. It was later that the second person died.

Now, no school properties were destroyed and only 2 cars got burnt (one belonging to the drunk driver and the other that was meant to tow the car). To create bonfires, tires were burnt.

Finally, the grievances of the students is more than the issue of the dead student (s).

1. No graduating student of Lautech can have a certificate as the Vice Chancellor is an Acting Vie Chancellor.

2. There has been no convocation ceremony in School for the past 3 years as an Acting VC cannot convocate students.

3. Student portal has been closed by the school authorities since March 17 and many students haven't paid their fees.

4. Ladokites want a VC not an Acting VC.

To cap it all, lecturers were even supposed to have embarked on a 1-week sit-at-work strike so students were even not supposed to be in school but that was not the case as some departments held lectures.

3 Likes

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by simiolu1(m): 12:12am On Apr 10, 2013
heykims:
my dear mediocre brother, dont talk trash here, dts d best state university in nigeria leading dt feat for d past 8yrs, stop being moronic dude...nd go seek statistics..

Wa gbayi jawe... It's about time these dudes know that Lautech is the Cheapest state school in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by PurestBoy(m): 12:13am On Apr 10, 2013
simi_olu1:

To set the records straight, I am a Ladokite (500L) and I followed the protest yesterday. Truly, the pregnant woman was doing her job. But when a student rushed into the Lab to break news about the dead student that dies on the spot, she allegedly told all the students in the Lab to stay put else they would forfeit the marks of the practical and that no make-up would be organized. She further went on to say that the student's death was none of her business and that "she was only doing her job!"

It was her lack of sympathy that enraged the students as the dead girl just arrived from home on Sunday. It was later that the second person died.

Now, no school properties were destroyed and only 2 cars got burnt (one belonging to the drunk driver and the other that was meant to tow the car). To create bonfires, tires were burnt.

Finally, the grievances of the students is more than the issue of the dead student (s).

1. No graduating student of Lautech can have a certificate as the Vice Chancellor is an Acting Vie Chancellor.

2. There has been no convocation ceremony in School for the past 3 years as an Acting VC cannot convocate students.

3. Student portal has been closed by the school authorities since March 17 and many students haven't paid their fees.

4. Ladokites want a VC not an Acting VC.

To cap it all, lecturers were even supposed to have embarked on a 1-week sit-at-work strike so students were even not supposed to be in school but that was not the case as some departments held lectures.

Can't Ajumobi do something this one that he's busy demolishing people's houses and shops in Ibadan?
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by adeym(m): 12:46am On Apr 10, 2013
[quote author=Inik]Why do Nigerian students always turn violent and embark on destruction spree whenever they have grievances?
I have many newly imported laptops for sale. If you are interested call 07068696442 or email me on adeymola@gmail.com

Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by pmc01(m): 2:14am On Apr 10, 2013
Why was there a practical class, when school was officially on strike?
It simply goes to show high-handedness on the woman's part. Unfortunate!
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by anthony8888(m): 2:42am On Apr 10, 2013
am a student of lautech.actually there wer 7pple involved in d accident,5 students n 2indigens.2were on d bike wit d bike man making 3,a student was walkin on d road,2students were in cab + d driver.making 7.it was a bread van named life bread dat hit them all. d 1 walkin died instantly.n 2died later in d hospital.it was so sad.d reason y d pregnant woman was beaten was due 2 her fault.she said it wasn't her biz dat d girl died.d reason y der was a practical class was dat it was only ASUU dat was on strike nt nasu.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 3:29am On Apr 10, 2013
7842I: The wild wild west grin
BEAST FROM THE EAST!!!! wink grin grin tongue
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Masiya(m): 3:46am On Apr 10, 2013
Why do Nigerian students always turn violent and embark on destruction spree whenever they have grievances or issues? Will the burnt cars and motor bikes bring back the lives of the dead students....smh. If it were ur brother that was involve,sorri to say this. hmm u wul do even the worse angrilly i bet u.
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 10, 2013
7842I: The wild wild west grin
...or TERRORIST FROM THE NORTH!!!!
Re: Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) by Masiya(m): 3:50am On Apr 10, 2013
Inik: Why do Nigerian students always turn violent and embark on destruction spree whenever they have grievances or issues? Will the burnt cars and motor bikes bring back the lives of the dead students....smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trailer Carries 100 UNILORIN Students Due To Fuel Scarcity (Video) / Throwback Photo Of ABU Zaria 8 Months Before Its Commissioning In 1962 / Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.