Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,928 members, 7,824,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section (13028 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 1:02am On Apr 11, 2013
Chubhie: why not give him the benefit of a doubt and then sit back and allow public opinion judge him through his works? I can understand your fear if you have something to hid....... Your fears are only natural.

I have nothing to fear. It is no breaking news that I love my Yoruba people more than others and people like you say that is tribal and I accept it. I am not afraid of no one, for what na? For a ban? Wasn't I the first person the rookie banned? He'll get used to banning me - at least that is an implied understanding between us two. It goes without saying. I am here to be his biggest nemesis because I do not take kindly to dictators. I don't so yes, I think him and I are going to get very well acquainted very quickly.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 1:06am On Apr 11, 2013
Chubhie: we all have definations of terms to suit any line of action we may choose to defend. This may not be about rules but going beyond all protocol to solve an urgent decay that may lead to total system failure.

...and who determines what constitutes "urgent decay" or "total failure"? Was that determination made based on the pulse of the members?

How did you determine the decay, tell me please.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Chubhie: 1:13am On Apr 11, 2013
Desola:

Dictatorship has never worked and it would never work! No one wants to be told how to speak; what to say; how to say it and when to say it. The reason for the majority of us been here on Nairaland is for the annonymity it provides us to speak our mind freely without hindrance in so far the rules of the boards are not breached which then, the gavel can come down on any offender and it should be accepted with good grace. What ikeena is doing on the other hand is contrary to the rules. He has set himself above all other moderators; overridden their concessions and applied his own laws. Where he got those powers from, we do not know and he is not bothered to tell us. He has chosen to make tribalism a negative word even though the dictionary says otherwise. He has also refused to lay the 'ikeena law' down clearly without ambiguity. At the moment, no one knows what qualifies tribalism or what terms constitute it. He has chosen to go on a personal vendetta by imposing the disuse of the word 'ibo' because he feels offended by it. He didn't deem it necessary to consult or at least seek the views of the concerned ethnic group on this board by seeking their disapproval by way of poll or general views. He ikeena, being the no all and be all has decided and has imposed the said law on us and is now calling our bluff.

He ikeena is on one hand telling us that tribalsim is undemocratic and divisive, yet he is perpetrating the same crime he accuses us of by taking our right of expression; being condescending and rude. These are not the attributes of a competent mod. He has a lot to learn from Oam4j and Jarus. If he continues to be brash, outlandish, rude and uncompromising, then he has his work cut out for him. He must be prepared to sleep on this forum as he would continue to meet with resistance. Except of course he's prepared to ban someone like me for eternity, i'm ready to give him a run for his money. No one messes with my freedom. Not him; not anyone!
the admin has seen urgent need for this line of action and elected ikenna for this noble mission. If the admin has seen how tribalism has affected his business negatively and then decides to act and you are here crying foul bout this nobel campaign.... This can only make you an enemy to reposition his private business for new heights. Agreed that tribalism may have gotten this site to this level but there are still new heights to attain and the admin is only being wise by trying to reposition his business.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Chubhie: 1:24am On Apr 11, 2013
Desola:

I have nothing to fear. It is no breaking news that I love my Yoruba people more than others and people like you say that is tribal and I accept it. I am not afraid of no one, for what na? For a ban? Wasn't I the first person the rookie banned? He'll get used to banning me - at least that is an implied understanding between us two. It goes without saying. I am here to be his biggest nemesis because I do not take kindly to dictators. I don't so yes, I think him and I are going to get very well acquainted very quickly.
I can understand your love for your people. But most times you do go over board bout it..... I read some of those stuffs and i wonder how such comments flows from a lady. Sorry to say this but most times i see your moniker it resonates some form of negative energy..... Tis just my own perception dont know if others may sense such too.. You could be a far better human in real life than your online character.

5 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 1:29am On Apr 11, 2013
Chubhie: the admin has seen urgent need for this line of action and elected ikenna for this noble mission. If the admin has seen how tribalism has affected his business negatively and then decides to act and you are here crying foul bout this nobel campaign.... This can only make you an enemy to reposition his private business for new heights. Agreed that tribalism may have gotten this site to this level but there are still new heights to attain and the admin is only being wise by trying to reposition his business.

You are foaming at the mouth as per usual and still dancing palongo to my question of what constititues tribalism in your own very small mind. Until you are forthcoming with some answers, you do not have grounds. Me crying foul? Urgent need and all your shogologobangoshe yet you can't define or clarify what urgent need is. Abeg move over jo!
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 1:31am On Apr 11, 2013
Chubhie: I can understand your love for your people. But most times you do go over board bout it..... I read some of those stuffs and i wonder how such comments flows from a lady. Sorry to say this but most times i see your moniker it resonates some form of negative energy..... Tis just my own perception dont know if others may sense such too.. You could be a far better human in real life than your online character.

Negative energy ko, red bull energy ni. You are entitled to your perception and keep at your back handed insults. By the time I open fire on you not even your brother ike would be able to save you.

Moniker ko, Shaniqua ni.

aa n wiru, oo n wiru.

2 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Dede1(m): 1:32am On Apr 11, 2013
Chubhie: the admin has seen urgent need for this line of action and elected ikenna for this noble mission. If the admin has seen how tribalism has affected his business negatively and then decides to act and you are here crying foul bout this nobel campaign.... This can only make you an enemy to reposition his private business for new heights. Agreed that tribalism may have gotten this site to this level but there are still new heights to attain and the admin is only being wise by trying to reposition his business.

The post above cut across ignorance and laziness. The style of poster's writing paints a picture of a person who uses the word – illiterate to describe a person who can read and write.

Can you humanly inform me how “tribal consciousness and loyalty” leads to bad business? I do not know your ethnic background and do not wish to know because you seem to lack loyalty to your ethnicity. By the way, whenever you have time to visit you aged forbearers in your village, I plead with you to purposefully miss your way.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Ikenna351(m): 1:33am On Apr 11, 2013
When Jesus Christ was on Earth carrying out his mission, the Scribbes, Pharisees and Sadduccees were shouting and attacking him "Who is this thing? The son of a Carpenter to come and tell us about the good and bad? Who is he to come to tell us the trained priest, lawyers, etc, what is wrong or right? " Of course, Jesus knew what he would face in their hands before he came for the mission. At the end, did he succeed or not? Why is the whole world celebrating him, both Christians and non-christians, after he had finished what He came for and left? Answer that yourself. Yes, am not Jesus Christ, but i do know what it would take to clean a system. Guys, trust me, i knew what i would face before hand. My point is, Am Well Prepared!

Tribalism! Hmm! State of being loyal to ones tribe. Isnt it?

A school of thought would argue that the root cause of underdevelopment in most African countries, including Nigeria, is Tribalism. When looked at in all ramifications, the school of thought is not far from the truth. Some had gone far to blame the colonial govts for creating tribalism in African countries, that had crippled the economy of the continent. But then, for how long should one blame someone that left this house long ago and keep blaming him for causing trouble between him and his wife, after decades?

Tribalism! What led to the first massacre or slaughter of human beings in Nigeria? Was it not tribalism? When a certain tribe felt that the first coupe in Nigeria was lopsided, and the perpetuators of the "crime" were left unpurnished by one of the accused tribe that killed their tribal spokesmen. The massacre of Igbos in the north began, which led to the civil war. Did it stop there? No. Even after the war, the hatred has eaten deep into everyone, such that a small issue would lead to another slaughtering of Igbos in the North, even before Boko haram saga started. Triablism! Hmm!

When one becomes so loyal to his tribe that he is willing to cause pain to another fellow human being to prove his loyalty to his tribe. Yes, thats Tribalism we have in Nigeria. When one is so loyal to his tribe that he can go any lentgh to defend his tribe by instigating hatred in the minds of the young ones that " He is your enemy, hate him with passion and insult him in a manner that he would hate you back and keep his distance". Yes, thats Tribalism we propagate in Nairaland. Too loyal to ones tribe to do anything, no matter how evil it is, to defend or prove loyalty to ones tribe. Yes, there is nothing wrong with the type of tribalism we promote in Politics section of this forum. I can see what good it has done in Politcs section.

If you could intimidate my co-mods, sorry guys, you have met the wrong person. Dont worry, you guys are just starting to know me.

If Admin wakes up in the morning and decides that Ikenna351 will no longer mod this section. Guess what i would do? I will find a quiet place, kneel down, look up and say "Thank you for giving me that little opportunity to do a good thing for the public for free". Yes, i owe humanity something. This is one of them, no matter how long it lasts. But as long as i still see myself as a co-mod here, i will carryout my method of sanitizing this section to the later. I will say it again, Bring It On!

I remembered when the Igbos were starting various threads in this section, everyone was shouting why should tribal topics meant for the ethnic section be allowed in the Politcs section. They were all later moved to the ethnic section, where ethnicity should be discussed. Now, extreme tribalism should not be discorouged in this section, so that we will see more people to instigate and haul tribal slurs to? Good to know.

Freedom of expression! It means i have the right to insult and curse an unborn child in your wife's belly and wish her dead. Yes, thats freedom of expression. It also means i have the right to curse your child to sleep tonight and not wake up in the morning. Yes, thats freedom of expression. Of course, you would say abomination. Whoever says such a thing should be stoned to death. Well, it will make sense. But when it comes to insulting another tribe with offensive names that would pain the other tribes insulted, then it should be allowed because "thats freedom of expression". Good to know too.

When you approach a lady you want to toast and found out she is from Yoruba and you are an Igbo, if you call her a Yoruba and she frowns her face, would you call her Yoruba again? Knowing what your mission is? Of course, you wouldnt, but then its ok to call everyone here the name, because you dont care how he or she would feel. Rather, it will make you happy if she feels bad. Isnt it?Of course, you would rationalize it by citing a book where a prominent man used the word Yoruba, but you wouldnt dare say it that chick you want to date, for obvious fear of rejection. Good to know.

Finally, you are pouring water on a rock if you think you can intimidate me, no matter how you guys gang up. Lets see how it goes.

Ikenna

7 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 1:37am On Apr 11, 2013
Ikenna351: When Jesus Christ was on Earth carrying out his mission, the Scribbes, Pharisseas and Sadduccees were shouting and attacking him "Who is this thing? The son of a Carpenter to come and tell us about the good and bad? Who is he to come to tell us the trained priest, lawyers, etc, what is wrong or right? " Of course, Jesus knew what he would face in their hands before he came for the mission. At the end, did he succeed or not? Why is the whole world celebrating him, both Christians and non-christians, after he had finished what He came for and left? Answer that yourself. Yes, am not Jesus Christ, but i do know what it would take to cleanse a system. Guys, trust me, i knew what i would face. My point is, Am Well Prepared!

A school of thought would argue that the root cause of underdevelopment of most African countries, including Nigeria, is Tribalism. When looked it in all ramifications, the truth in that thought is so glaring. Some had gone far to blame the colonial masters for laying the foundation of tribalism in African countries, that had crippled the economy of the continent. But then, for how should we blame someone that left your house and you keep blaming him causing trouble between you and your wife, after decades?

Tribalism! What led to the first massacre or slaughter of human beings in Nigeria? Isnt it tribalism? When a certain tribe felt that the first coupe in Nigeria was lopsided, and the perpetuators of the "crime" were left unpurnished by one of the accused tribe that killed their tribal spokesmen. The massacre of Igbos in the north began, which led to the civil war. Did it stop there? No. Even after the way, the hatred has been eaten deep into everyone, such that a small issue would lead to another slaughtering of Igbos in the North, even before Boko haram saga started. Triablism! Hmm!

When one becomes so loyal to his tribe that he is willing to inflick pain another fellow human being to prove his loyalty to his tribe. Yes, thats Tribalism we have in Nigeria. When one is so loyal to his tribe that he can go any lentgh to defend his tribe by instigating hatred in the minds of the young ones that " He is your enemy, hate him with passion and insult him in a manner that he would hate you back and keep his distance". Yes, thats Tribalism we propagate in Nairaland. To loyal to ones tribe to do anything, no matter how evil it is, to defend or prove loyalty to ones tribe. Yes, there is nothing with tribalism, after all, its institutionalised in Nigerian constitution or law. Thats how we rationalize the promotion of Tribalism in Nairaland.

If you could intimidate my co-mods, sorry guys, you have met the wrong person. Dont worry, you guys are just starting to know me.

If Mr. Seun wakes up in the morning and decides Ikenna351 will no longer mod this section. Guess what i would do? I will find a quite place, kneel down, look up and say "Thank you for giving me that little opportunity to do a good thing for the public for free". Yes, i owe humanity something. This is one of them, no matter how long it lasts. But as long as i still see myself as a co-mod here, i will carryout my method of sanitizing this section to the later. I will say it again, Bring It On!

I remembered when the Igbos were starting various threads in this section, everyone was shouting why should tribal topics meant for the ethnic section be allowed in the Politcs section. They were all later moved to the ethnic section, where ethnicity should be discussed. Now, extreme tribalism should not be discorouged in this section, so that we will see more people to instigate and haul tribal slurs to. Good to know.

Freedom of expression! It means i have the right to insult and curse an unborn child in your wife's belly and wish her dead. Yes, thats freedom of expression. It also means i have the right to curse your child to sleep tonight and not wake up in the morning. Yes, thats freedom of expression. Of course, you would say abomination. Whoever say such a thing should be stoned to death. Well, it will make sense. But when it comes to insulting another tribe with offensive names that would pain the other tribes insulted, then it should be allowed because "thats freedom of expression".

When you approach a lady you want to toast and found out she is from Yoruba and you are an Igbo, if you call her a Yoruba and she frowns her face, would you call her Yoruba again? Knowing what your mission is? Of course, you wouldnt, but them its ok to call everyone them here the name, because you dont care how he or she would feel. Rather, it will make you more happy if she feels bad. Isnt it. Of course, you would rationalize it by siting a book where a prominent man used the word Yoruba, but you wont dare say it that chick you want to date for obvious fear of rejection. Good to know.

Finally, you are pouring water on a rock if you think you can intimidate me, no matter how you guys gang up. Lets see how it goes.

Ikenna.

You foam at the mouth a lot.

The koko of the matter is that you are acting on your own vices and have no legitmacy. Save us your bullsh1t ojare! Enough of this plenty nonsense!

Look at your back, ehen na wind dey blow your yansh so.

Eni to n woseju akan, a pe leti omi....

...but on a serious note, ikeena, you are not very bright at all. Infact, let me put it directly: A LIGHT BULB IS BRIGHTER THAN YOU! How can you censor a legitimate word with a dictionary entry? As in what authority do you have over that person who incorporated the word into the world's lexicon? Are you high on something?

3 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Chubhie: 1:41am On Apr 11, 2013
Dede1:

The post above cut across ignorance and laziness. The style of poster's writing paints a picture of a person who uses the word – illiterate to describe a person who can read and write.

Can you humanly inform me how “tribal consciousness and loyalty” leads to bad business? I do not know your ethnic background and do not wish to know because you seem to lack loyalty to your ethnicity. By the way, whenever you have time to visit you aged forbearers in your village, I plead with you to purposefully miss your way.
My loyalty is with Humanity. Thanks.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Genius100: 1:46am On Apr 11, 2013
Ikenna, continue the good work. Forum rules are forum rules. If you can't abide by them, feel free to leave and form your own forum. Banning Usernames is not enough. The moderators need to look into banning ip addresses, so offenders can't post from the same device after getting a ban.

3 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 1:48am On Apr 11, 2013
Genius100: Ikenna, continue the good work. Forum rules are forum rules. If you can't abide by them, feel free to leave and form your own forum. Banning Usernames is not enough. The moderators need to look into banning ip addresses, so offenders can't post from the same device after getting a ban.

say wetin? ikeena's rule abi nairaland's rule?

The jury is still out on which has supremacy.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 1:49am On Apr 11, 2013
Chubhie: My loyalty is with Humanity. Thanks.

...sorry, but that only applies to humans.

Didn't you get the memo?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Dede1(m): 1:59am On Apr 11, 2013
Ikenna351: When Jesus Christ was on Earth carrying out his mission, the Scribbes, Pharisseas and Sadduccees were shouting and attacking him "Who is this thing? The son of a Carpenter to come and tell us about the good and bad? Who is he to come to tell us the trained priest, lawyers, etc, what is wrong or right? " Of course, Jesus knew what he would face in their hands before he came for the mission. At the end, did he succeed or not? Why is the whole world celebrating him, both Christians and non-christians, after he had finished what He came for and left? Answer that yourself. Yes, am not Jesus Christ, but i do know what it would take to cleanse a system. Guys, trust me, i knew what i would face. My point is, Am Well Prepared!

A school of thought would argue that the root cause of underdevelopment of most African countries, including Nigeria, is Tribalism. When looked it in all ramifications, the truth in that thought is so glaring. Some had gone far to blame the colonial masters for laying the foundation of tribalism in African countries, that had crippled the economy of the continent. But then, for how should we blame someone that left your house and you keep blaming him causing trouble between you and your wife, after decades?

Tribalism! What led to the first massacre or slaughter of human beings in Nigeria? Isnt it tribalism? When a certain tribe felt that the first coupe in Nigeria was lopsided, and the perpetuators of the "crime" were left unpurnished by one of the accused tribe that killed their tribal spokesmen. The massacre of Igbos in the north began, which led to the civil war. Did it stop there? No. Even after the way, the hatred has been eaten deep into everyone, such that a small issue would lead to another slaughtering of Igbos in the North, even before Boko haram saga started. Triablism! Hmm!

When one becomes so loyal to his tribe that he is willing to inflick pain another fellow human being to prove his loyalty to his tribe. Yes, thats Tribalism we have in Nigeria. When one is so loyal to his tribe that he can go any lentgh to defend his tribe by instigating hatred in the minds of the young ones that " He is your enemy, hate him with passion and insult him in a manner that he would hate you back and keep his distance". Yes, thats Tribalism we propagate in Nairaland. To loyal to ones tribe to do anything, no matter how evil it is, to defend or prove loyalty to ones tribe. Yes, there is nothing with tribalism, after all, its institutionalised in Nigerian constitution or law. Thats how we rationalize the promotion of Tribalism in Nairaland.

If Mr. Seun wakes up in the morning and decides Ikenna351 will no longer mod this section. Guess what i would do? I will find a quite place, kneel down, look up and say "Thank you for giving me that little opportunity to do a good thing for the public for free". Yes, i owe humanity something. This is one of them, no matter how long it lasts. But as long as i still see myself as a co-mod here, i will carryout my method of sanitizing this section to the later. I will say it again, Bring It On!

I remembered when the Igbos were starting various threads in this section, everyone was shouting why should tribal topics meant for the ethnic section be allowed in the Politcs section. They were all later moved to the ethnic section, where ethnicity should be discussed. Now, extreme tribalism should not be discorouged in this section, so that we will see more people to instigate and haul tribal slurs to. Good to know.

Freedom of expression! It means i have the right to insult and curse an unborn child in your wife's belly and wish her dead. Yes, thats freedom of expression. It also means i have the right to curse your child to sleep tonight and not wake up in the morning. Yes, thats freedom of expression. Of course, you would say abomination. Whoever say such a thing should be stoned to death. Well, it will make sense. But when it comes to insulting another tribe with offensive names that would pain the other tribes insulted, then it should be allowed because "thats freedom of expression".

When you approach a lady you want to toast and found out she is from Yoruba and you are an Igbo, if you call her a Yoruba and she frowns her face, would you call her Yoruba again? Knowing what your mission is? Of course, you wouldnt, but them its ok to call everyone them here the name, because you dont care how he or she would feel. Rather, it will make you more happy if she feels bad. Isnt it. Of course, you would rationalize it by siting a book where a prominent man used the word Yoruba, but you wont dare say it that chick you want to date for obvious fear of rejection. Good to know.

Ikenna.

I am not religious and it is unfortunate you have introduced Jesus Christ into this discussion, a method very peculiar to irresponsible Nigerians.

It does not come to me as a surprised when people construe the stupidity of drunken leader as tribalism. Let me sound a note of warning to most Nigerians, if Ironsi was half as wise as an average 10th grader the incident of July 29, 1966 would not have happened and the cesspit called Nigeria would not have witnessed a civil war.

There are numerous Igbo peeps who are roaming around like a drunkard Ironsi. Baring the accident of British colonial suzerainty called Nigeria; most jokers would have no chance to discuss tribalism.

If I tell a young lady that she is a Yoruba or Yooba and she frowns at my suggestion, I would instantly end any love lust therein because she is an intellectual midget. I am not surprise at your stinking suggestion about the instance of lady and Yoruba because you have sounded like joker whose joystick controls his mental balance.

If you are a rock, I suggest you stick with it but do not in any way or shape impede the learning curves of numerous well-meaning individuals who visit this sight for enlightenment.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Dede1(m): 2:04am On Apr 11, 2013
Genius100: Ikenna, continue the good work. Forum rules are forum rules. If you can't abide by them, feel free to leave and form your own forum. Banning Usernames is not enough. The moderators need to look into banning ip addresses, so offenders can't post from the same device after getting a ban.

Censorship is worse than tribalism. Do you think this site can not be forced to fold?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by isalegan2: 2:07am On Apr 11, 2013

Ikenna.

shocked Gimme a moment to catch my breath, y'all. undecided

P.S.
The Book of Ike II: The 2nd Epistle of Saint Ikenna to the Nairalanders, a most unruly and warlike sect on the southern tip of the Worldwide Web. wink
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Chubhie: 2:09am On Apr 11, 2013
The Mods should stay united on this noble campaign and not give room to the tribal warlords break their ranks with non existent enmity between Ikenna and OAM4J. When you see all the tribal warlords unite on a common enemy know that there is fire on the mountain. Stay strong Ikenna. Those who are with thee are greater than them.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Dede1(m): 2:09am On Apr 11, 2013
Chubhie: My loyalty is with Humanity. Thanks.

I am extremely suspicious if you understand humanity talk less being loyal.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Chubhie: 2:18am On Apr 11, 2013
Dede1:

I am extremely suspicious if you understand humanity talk less being loyal.
By humanity i mean the total world human population deviod of tribe,religion or creed. You need to upgrade your myopic tribal viewpoints to a birds eyeview.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by EkoIle1: 2:26am On Apr 11, 2013
Is this Ikenga character for real or he's Seun's SA for comedic affairs?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Dede1(m): 2:30am On Apr 11, 2013
Chubhie: By humanity i mean the total world human population deviod of tribe,religion or creed. You need to upgrade your myopic tribal viewpoints to a birds eyeview.

I am not surprised Africa is teeming with despotic airheads who seemed to have their own definitions of everything under the Sun. Do you envisage I give a ratazz about what you think?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by dayokanu(m): 2:41am On Apr 11, 2013
Pleased to see my homeboy and favourite m0ron Dende representing

Dem suppose make you chief for your village o
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Onlytruth(m): 2:58am On Apr 11, 2013
Eko Ile: Is this Ikenga character for real or he's Seun's SA for comedic affairs?

lol. Una go wound pesin for hia. cheesy
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Paschal007: 3:07am On Apr 11, 2013
I'm in total support of the new sheriff in town. cool Nairaland must not be used to promote tribal hatred. Their only place of relevance is about crash in on them that's why they've been ganging up. Y'all should give it a rest especially the fat woman that has been ranting since yesterday. grin
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Onlytruth(m): 3:16am On Apr 11, 2013
@Topic

I never think it useful anyway to call any tribe by an name than the official one. It is useless, and doesn't achieve anything.
HOWEVER, I think it is a total waste of time to try to censor or ban people because of name calling. It is what Hausa would call "aikim banza" (wasted effort, or futile works).
Having been in Nairaland now for about 4 years, I can say that the site is only unique because it allows people to say their minds -be themselves so to say. It is why I come here, and it is why I chose the name ONLYTRUTH. Other sites would try to muzzle and suppress TRUTH.
Any attempt to change that would make Nairaland irrelevant and prosaic.

I personally credit Nairaland with making me politically streetwise in the Nigerian context. There is nothing I don't understand about Nigeria now, thanks to Nairaland. I never knew the Yoruba like I do now, thanks again to Nairaland.

I have Yoruba friends and professional colleagues. Before Nairaland, I could trust them with my life. I'm not saying that I cannot trust them today. All I'm saying is that I would not do so flippantly or glibly like before.

I had two CLOSE friends in my undergrad uni days. One was from Ogun state, the other from Imo state. The Imo state one kept warning me repeatedly that I trust the Ogun guy too much. We were only three when I was present. If I wasn't there, they would not hang together.
I did not understand what the Imo guy was talking about until I hit Nairaland.

It has nothing to do with education or enlightenment, but an average Yoruba here (at least 90% of them here) do not share in the pains of other people, and they even gloat with the pains of the most vulnerable humans on this earth -CHILDREN.

I know that Igbo are not happy with the Northern minorities for the roles they played during the war; but since the Fulani/Berom "war" started, teeming BRUTAL AND HORRIBLE pictures have surfaced in Nairaland, but you would HARDLY see an Igbo poster posting pictures of dead Berom children. HARDLY if EVER.
But Yoruba posters would almost always post pictures of starving and dying Biafran children, as if the children were soldiers!
To me, (and I suspect to most Igbo), that is a level of wickedness far and beyond a normal Igbo person's conscience and natural tolerance.

So, here is where I came to know and accept the Yoruba for what most of them are. Notice I did not say ALL, but MOST are like that, going by my Nairaland experience of their posts here. cool

@New Mod, please know your fights. IMHO you may be picking the wrong one! lol cheesy

7 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 3:20am On Apr 11, 2013
Onlytruth: @Topic

I never think it useful anyway to call any tribe by an name than the official one. It is useless, and doesn't achieve anything.
HOWEVER, I think it is a total waste of time to try to censor or ban people because of name calling. It is what Hausa would call "aikim banza" (wasted effort, or futile works).
Having been in Nairaland now for about 4 years, I can say that the site is only unique because it allows people to say their minds -be themselves so to say. It is why I come here, and it is why I chose the name ONLYTRUTH. Other sites would try to muzzle and suppress TRUTH.

I personally credit Nairaland with making me politically streetwise in the Nigerian context. There is nothing I don't understand about Nigeria now, thanks to Nairaland. I never knew the Yoruba like I do now, thanks again to Nairaland.

[size=28pt]I have Yoruba friends and professional colleagues. [/size]
Before Nairaland, I could trust them with my life. I'm not saying that I cannot trust them today. All I'm saying is that I would not do so flippantly or glibly like before.

I had two CLOSE friends in my undergrad uni days. One was from Ogun state, the other from Imo state. The Imo state one kept warning me repeatedly that I trust the Ogun guy too much. We were only three when I was present. If I wasn't there, they would not hang together.

It has nothing to do with education or enlightenment, but an average Yoruba here (at least 90% of them here) do not share in the pains of other people, and they even gloat with the pains of the most vulnerable humans being on this earth -CHILDREN.

I know that Igbo are not happy with the Northern minorities for the roles they played during the war; but since the Fulani/Berom "war" started, teeming BRUTAL AND HORRIBLE pictures have surfaced in Nairaland, but you would HARDLY see an Igbo poster posting pictures of dead Berom children. HARDLY if EVER.
But Yoruba posters would almost always post pictures of starving and dying Biafran children, as if the children were soldiers.
To me, (and I suspect to most Igbo), that is a level of wickedness far and beyond a normal Igbo person's conscience and natural tolerance.

So, here is where I came to know and accept the Yoruba for what most of them are. Notice I did not say ALL, but MOST are like that, going by my Nairaland experience of their posts here. cool

@New Mod, please know your fights. IMHO you may be picking the wrong one! lol cheesy

Yo, I've heard the same ish from racists.

That's why whites befriended blacks post-civil war because it was "cool", even tho they were still racist lol

Not surprising cuz you still threw tribalist jabs at Yorubas in your long azz epistle. You just don't learn, do you?

3 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 3:26am On Apr 11, 2013
[size=18pt]The only thing Onlytruth does on NL is blame, blame and blame Yorubas.

He has never once in his posts taken responsibility for his tribalist attacks and the attacks of those he vowed to lead.

That's not a good trait for a leader to have.

It's always 'Yoruba did this' and "Yoruba did that", when in fact both Yorubas and Igbos did wrongs. They both did all the "bad stuff" you mentioned in your post.

You do not have a good character, onlytruth.
Very sad because you're one grown azz ngga who reasons like a child. [/size]

8 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Freewilly(f): 3:32am On Apr 11, 2013

I have Yoruba friends and professional colleagues. Before Nairaland, I could trust them with my life. I'm not saying that I cannot trust them today. All I'm saying is that I would not do so flippantly or glibly like before.

It has nothing to do with education or enlightenment, but an average Yoruba here (at least 90% of them here) do not share in the pains of other people, and they even gloat with the pains of the most vulnerable humans on this earth -CHILDREN.

But Yoruba posters would almost always post pictures of starving and dying Biafran children, as if the children were soldiers!

Spoken like the EZE IGBO you are. it's very sad the mod will soon hide your post.

2 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by isalegan2: 3:44am On Apr 11, 2013

Nairaland is not reflective nor representative of Nigeria or their ethnic/tribal attitudes.

Your post actually serves as a warning of the damage that is being done here. sad undecided

Or maybe, such extreme prejudice was already inside of you all along, no offense. I don't personally believe that however; only you know.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Katsumoto: 3:54am On Apr 11, 2013

You are been divisive as usual. Both sides are guilty of distasteful posts. If you take a sample of posters who identify themselves as Yoruba, you will find out that it's a very small minority that have posted pictures of children on NL. It is most dreadfully unwise to use what a minority does/did to judge a majority.

Having said that, the main issue with Nigeria is not even tribalism, it is that people don't understand cultural differences. People judge other groups based on their own values and norms. You have made that error quite a number of times. When American and Japanese companies began collaborating in the 80s, they was a lot of conflict between Americans and Japanes. American managers didn't understand that Japanese folks don't like being admonished publicly while Japanese managers didn't understand that Americans prefer direct and blunt feedback. This work (cultural dimensions) as well as in most places was covered by a man called Dr Hofstede. The result of his work is that HR departments should educate employees who are going on overseas travel. Nigeria would benefit from such an education.

The marriage of the various ethnic groups in Nigeria can be likened to a relationship between a girl and a boy who like each other on the surface but must still get to know one each other deeply. Without patience and tolerance on both sides, it is going to be a volatile relationship. When you state that Yoruba don't share other's 'pain' it is because you don't understand Yoruba expressions. If Yoruba don't share the pain of others, would Soyinka, Beko, Gani, Falana, and Fela put themselves at pain of death and torture fighting for the rights of all Nigerians? Another example, when you folks state that Yoruba are cowards, it is because you refuse to understand that Yoruba fought wars between the 13th century and the 19th century. They know the value of peace and prefer it to war.

You have been selected by your folks as the leader of Ndigbo on NL; it is time for you to start acting like a leader who understands the value of building bridges. This division on NL takes away from more important issues.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by birdman(m): 4:20am On Apr 11, 2013
Katsumoto:

You are been divisive as usual. Both sides are guilty of distasteful posts. If you take a sample of posters who identify themselves as Yoruba, you will find out that it's a very small minority that have posted pictures of children on NL. It is most dreadfully unwise to use what a minority does/did to judge a majority.

Having said that, the main issue with Nigeria is not even tribalism, it is that people don't understand cultural differences. People judge other groups based on their own values and norms. You have made that error quite a number of times. When American and Japanese companies began collaborating in the 80s, they was a lot of conflict between Americans and Japanes. American managers didn't understand that Japanese folks don't like being admonished publicly while Japanese managers didn't understand that Americans prefer direct and blunt feedback. This work (cultural dimensions) as well as in most places was covered by a man called Dr Hofstede. The result of his work is that HR departments should educate employees who are going on overseas travel. Nigeria would benefit from such an education.

The marriage of the various ethnic groups in Nigeria can be likened to a relationship between a girl and a boy who like each other on the surface but must still get to know one each other deeply. Without patience and tolerance on both sides, it is going to be a volatile relationship. When you state that Yoruba don't share other's 'pain' it is because you don't understand Yoruba expressions. If Yoruba don't share the pain of others, would Soyinka, Beko, Gani, Falana, and Fela put themselves at pain of death and torture fighting for the rights of all Nigerians? Another example, when you folks state that Yoruba are cowards, it is because you refuse to understand that Yoruba fought wars between the 13th century and the 19th century. They know the value of peace and prefer it to war.

You have been selected by your folks as the leader of Ndigbo on NL; it is time for you to start acting like a leader who understands the value of building bridges. This division on NL takes away from more important issues.

I agree with what you said except the bolded. A vocal minority can make a lot of noise and make things seem different from what the reality is. Onlytruth doesnt lead anything other than a few kids and even fewer bigots. When good people go silent or are dis-interested, the bottom of the barrel usually runs affairs. Anyone that takes a chieftancy title bestowed online seriously is telling you a lot about their real life. Most Nigerians intuitively understand the issues, including Biafra etc far more than this forum would give them credit for. And they generally live peacable together, inter-marrying like rabbits cheesy

Again stop giving a vocal minority more credit than they deserve - you simply legitimize their tyranny.

Good luck to you, Ikenna abi kini won tin pe oruko e tongue

2 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by mrofficial2(m): 4:39am On Apr 11, 2013
The last time I checked, it was still very easy to sign up for a nairaland account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fayose Inspects The Construction Of Kings Market, Ado Ekiti / Bishop Abraham Chris Udeh To PDP: Don't Allow APC To Manipulate 2019 Polls / Electricity: How Many Hours Of Power Do You Receive Daily?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.