Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section (13018 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by nduchucks: 10:43pm On Apr 10, 2013
@Ikenna351,let me post one of the forum rules in case some may have missed it:

NO ATTACKS, FIGHTS, BULLYING, or INSULTS
Period! Nairaland is a discussion forum, where disagreements are bound to occur. However, members must agree to disagree at times. Fights and attacks must be resolved amicably or taken off the site. Failure to do so will result in hidden posts and bans. Bullying is strictly prohibited and will result in ban(s).

I note and also call the attention of the supermods and Admin to note that you, Ikenna351 have insulted several forumites and engaged in silly bullying since you've become a mod. This is clearly in violation of the above rule. You are well advised to respect yourself and forum users else you'll appear childish and silly to all. Remember respect begets respect.

There is no need to insult people by derogatively calling them tribalists and threatening them like a foolish boy.

3 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Gboliwe: 10:43pm On Apr 10, 2013
Good choice, good decision. cheesy
This is a new face around here, haven't noticed him much here. Talks tough and looks mature. That is good.
Maybe we can now have a bit of sane threads here. Welcome new mod.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Demdem(m): 10:50pm On Apr 10, 2013
Demdem:

U av a good point here. There is a need to know the exact laws we are being governed with. Is this section governed by NL rules or ikenna's rules? Seun needs to come out and tell us if Ikenna's rules now overides the forum rules. This should be well stated.

I wonder why this question of mine hasn't been addressed by the admin.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
I hope to become a mod in this section. me sef wan flex muscle. my own gra gra go worst pass. I go ban tire! you wan try? grin
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 11:02pm On Apr 10, 2013
olodo moderator that didn't even know that tribalism was not a negative term. Very dim individual.

This is what you get when you impose an inept, not so bright individual to laud it over intellectuals. He mirrors Nigeria's image perfectly. As jonathan is to Nigeria, so is ikeena to Nairaland. A blind man leading the seeing.

Shio!

Eager beaver osi!
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by nduchucks: 11:28pm On Apr 10, 2013
berem: absolutely speechless!

OAM4J seems silent today.....I just wonder what is happening.

If I were OAM4J, I'd be a bit silent and take the insult up off line. OAM4J, Afam4ever, Seun, along with junior and senior members of the politics section, discussed the issue of Igbo, Ibo, Yooba, Yoruba, e.t.c for days and finally agreed on rules which was sensible and reasonable.

How dare some disrespectful new moderator, come in here like a buffoon to tell us that our discussions and agreements were for naught? This is an insult and this new moderator needs to apologize to forumites, OAM4J, and Seun himself. What nonesense!!
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 10, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I don't understand why Seun will allow this newbie 1 week overzealous mod to come in here and insult veterans that has made his mod job possible and go scotch free. Last time I checked insults were bannable offences. Seems the op is only concerned about tribalism and not the insults he has been dishing and inciting others to dish on this thread. I demand to know from Nairaland admin why this attention depraved and seeking mod has not received a ban yet for insults.

Lololol
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 11:49pm On Apr 10, 2013
ndu_chucks:

If I were OAM4J, I'd be a bit silent and take the insult up off line. OAM4J, Afam4ever, Seun, along with junior and senior members of the politics section, discussed the issue of Igbo, Ibo, Yooba, Yoruba, e.t.c for days and finally agreed on rules which was sensible and reasonable.

How dare some disrespectful new moderator, come in here like a buffoon to tell us that our discussions and agreements were for naught? This is an insult and this new moderator needs to apologize to forumites, OAM4J, and Seun himself. What nonesense!!

Some of the fault must be apportioned to Seun. Infact, he is the chief architect of this mischief. He abuses his powers on end and just takes us as puns in his game of chess. The boy ikeena said here explicitly or impliedly that Seun appointed him to deal with 'tribalism'. This whole blame should be laid at Seun's feet. The boy is just doing what he was asked to do and without Seun's authority, he wouldn't have come here to misbehave.

Seun is the igi woroko to n dana ru! He uses and dumps his moderators anyhow and disrespects the only one who shows him respect and a desire to see his business flourish.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by ugoani(m): 11:50pm On Apr 10, 2013
whats a great step to d right path, i love following political matters which made me register to nl but was disapointed with tribalism i meet here and this informs why am not a regular poster cos i believe this is a forum we can utilize to inform, educate and learn way forward to better this country, so u are highly welcomed.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 11:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
ugoani: whats a great step to d right path, i love following political matters which made me register to nl but was disapointed with tribalism i meet here and this informs why am not a regular poster cos i believe this is a forum we can utilize to inform, educate and learn way forward to better this country, so u are highly welcomed.

Go look up the word tribalism in the dictionary jo!
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 11, 2013
If you get easily offended by taunts, there is no amount of censoring that can help you.

Ikenna, consider using a less confrontational approach at finding a remedy to the fracas. A wise saying goes thus: ori bibe ko'ni ogun ori fifo (chopping off the head is not the solution to headache)
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Freewilly(f): 12:04am On Apr 11, 2013
I'm begging all of you, even my Yoruba enemy (dayokanu) to lay off the new Mod. His just the new kid on the block with

grown folks toy(ban button)I'm sure with time he'll realize that people can walk away from this site which means less

traffic for seun.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by dayokanu(m): 12:08am On Apr 11, 2013
Freewilly: I'm begging all of you, even my Yoruba enemy (dayokanu) to lay off the new Mod. His just the new kid on the block with

grown folks toy(ban button)I'm sure with time he'll realize that people can walk away from this site which means less

traffic for seun.

I would only consider your appeal if you allow Bluetooth smash the huge batty of yours. cheesy

And that would be the end of Yoruba-Igbo war on here
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Chubhie: 12:15am On Apr 11, 2013
The admin should allow the youngman proceed with this noble campaign regardless of the sustained propaganda to kill off this treatment of this cancerous disease in infancy. We all understand the urgent need to rescue this forum from the hands of those who seek to constantly keep it in darkness. This is a dirty job that must be done.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Chubhie: 12:23am On Apr 11, 2013
This forum reeks of so much negativity and needs purging.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 12:29am On Apr 11, 2013
Chubhie: The admin should allow the youngman proceed with this noble campaign regardless of the sustained propaganda to kill off this cancerous disease in infancy. We all understand the urgent need to rescue this forum from the hands of those who seek to constantly keep it in darkness. This is a dirty job that must be done.

Dictatorship has never worked and it would never work! No one wants to be told how to speak; what to say; how to say it and when to say it. The reason for the majority of us been here on Nairaland is for the annonymity it provides us to speak our mind freely without hindrance in so far the rules of the boards are not breached which then, the gavel can come down on any offender and it should be accepted with good grace. What ikeena is doing on the other hand is contrary to the rules. He has set himself above all other moderators; overridden their concessions and applied his own laws. Where he got those powers from, we do not know and he is not bothered to tell us. He has chosen to make tribalism a negative word even though the dictionary says otherwise. He has also refused to lay the 'ikeena law' down clearly without ambiguity. At the moment, no one knows what qualifies tribalism or what terms constitute it. He has chosen to go on a personal vendetta by imposing the disuse of the word 'ibo' because he feels offended by it. He didn't deem it necessary to consult or at least seek the views of the concerned ethnic group on this board by seeking their disapproval by way of poll or general views. He ikeena, being the no all and be all has decided and has imposed the said law on us and is now calling our bluff.

He ikeena is on one hand telling us that tribalsim is undemocratic and divisive, yet he is perpetrating the same crime he accuses us of by taking our right of expression; being condescending and rude. These are not the attributes of a competent mod. He has a lot to learn from Oam4j and Jarus. If he continues to be brash, outlandish, rude and uncompromising, then he has his work cut out for him. He must be prepared to sleep on this forum as he would continue to meet with resistance. Except of course he's prepared to ban someone like me for eternity, i'm ready to give him a run for his money. No one messes with my freedom. Not him; not anyone!

2 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 12:32am On Apr 11, 2013
Chubhie: This forum reeks of so much negativity and needs purging.

You should be the first to be purged.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Chubhie: 12:32am On Apr 11, 2013
ugoani: whats a great step to d right path, i love following political matters which made me register to nl but was disapointed with tribalism i meet here and this informs why am not a regular poster cos i believe this is a forum we can utilize to inform, educate and learn way forward to better this country, so u are highly welcomed.
you are right cos the forum have been hijacked by tribal warlords propagandists etc who have used this very medium to influence young minds negativly. I can see the demons who feast on such negative energies coming out and blazing with smoking guns from all side. They are fighting a lost battle cos this ship will sail.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 12:34am On Apr 11, 2013
Chubhie: you are right cos the forum have been hijacked by tribal warlords propagandists etc who have used this very medium to influence young minds negativly. I can see the demons who feast on such negative energies coming out and blazing with smoking guns from all side. They are fighting a lost battle cos this ship will sail.

...and how do you define tribal warlords in your own words? What is 'tribal warlord'?

See, there must be clarity. It must be added to the body of rules and defined. It needs to be made clear so that whoever sees it, would know it is wrong and that when he falls foul, he would be punished accordingly.

Where is the law? Where is it written?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 12:38am On Apr 11, 2013
We are not all animals. Some of us can be law abiding but you have to let us know that you are not just making up your own rules. No mod can make a rule without Seun's assent, his co-moderator's assent or that of the collective members. Ikeena has fallen foul of the rules. His rules are ikeena's rule therefore it does not have legitimacy. By banning members, he is acting arbitrarily of his powers. He is acting outside the powers vested upon him as a moderator. Except Seun or the other moderators come out to give it joint assent, ikeena's acts continue to constitute jungle justice and that is no justice at all. He is working for his own selfish interest alone.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by ACM10: 12:39am On Apr 11, 2013
alj harem: very funny. The issue of tribalism on the internet (not only on nairaland) cannot be tackled by mere post, bans and warning. It has to start from the top, likes of Sun newspaper and Odili news. Also with like of Achebe and co inciting the young generations into tribalism, I am sorry but it cannot end, it can only be reduced in moments.

Take this from me. Thanks to Achebe, the progress black have made in years to unite has just been broken again.

Bros, how did Achebe incite the younger generation into tribalism? I am asking you this question because I've read his last book which raised storm.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 12:43am On Apr 11, 2013
Chubhie: The admin should allow the youngman proceed with this noble campaign regardless of the sustained propaganda to kill off this treatment of this cancerous disease in infancy. We all understand the urgent need to rescue this forum from the hands of those who seek to constantly keep it in darkness. This is a dirty job that must be done.

His is not a noble campaign but a personal vendetta against the Yoruba people. He may choose to disguise it as nationalism, but we are no fools! He has come to take the baton from afam to carry on the interest afam has failed woefully at.

Ikeena is on a mission, and we would rise against him!
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Chubhie: 12:44am On Apr 11, 2013
Desola:

Dictatorship has never worked and it would never work! No one wants to be told how to speak; what to say; how to say it and when to say it. The reason for the majority of us been here on Nairaland is for the annonymity it provides us to speak our mind freely without hindrance in so far the rules of the boards are not breached which then, the gavel can come down on any offender and it should be accepted with good grace. What ikeena is doing on the other hand is contrary to the rules. He has set himself above all other moderators; overridden their concessions and applied his own laws. Where he got those powers from, we do not know and he is not bothered to tell us. He has chosen to make tribalism a negative word even though the dictionary says otherwise. He has also refused to lay the 'ikeena law' down clearly without ambiguity. At the moment, no one knows what qualifies tribalism or what terms constitute it. He has chosen to go on a personal vendetta by imposing the disuse of the word 'ibo' because he feels offended by it. He didn't deem it necessary to consult or at least seek the views of the concerned ethnic group on this board by seeking their disapproval by way of poll or general views. He ikeena, being the no all and be all has decided and has imposed the said law on us and is now calling our bluff.

He ikeena is on one hand telling us that tribalsim is undemocratic and divisive, yet he is perpetrating the same crime he accuses us of by taking our right of expression; being condescending and rude. These are not the attributes of a competent mod. He has a lot to learn from Oam4j and Jarus. If he continues to be brash, outlandish, rude and uncompromising, then he has his work cut out for him. He must be prepared to sleep on this forum as he would continue to meet with resistance. Except of course he's prepared to ban someone like me for eternity, i'm ready to give him a run for his money. No one messes with my freedom. Not him; not anyone!
hi wonderful diginified lady. Regardless of arguments on semantics, you may agree with me that this forum has decended into new heights to sow tribal discord amongst members? If i may ask you a direct question...... Are you comfortable with the current trend of things here?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Chubhie: 12:49am On Apr 11, 2013
Desola:

...and how do you define tribal warlords in your own words? What is 'tribal warlord'?

See, there must be clarity. It must be added to the body of rules and defined. It needs to be made clear so that whoever sees it, would know it is wrong and that when he falls foul, he would be punished accordingly.

Where is the law? Where is it written?
we all have definations of terms to suit any line of action we may choose to defend. This may not be about rules but going beyond all protocol to solve an urgent decay that may lead to total system failure.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Chubhie: 12:52am On Apr 11, 2013
Desola:

His is not a noble campaign but a personal vendetta against the Yoruba people. He may choose to disguise it as nationalism, but we are no fools! He has come to take the baton from afam to carry on the interest afam has failed woefully at.

Ikeena is on a mission, and we would rise against him!
why not give him the benefit of a doubt and then sit back and allow public opinion judge him through his works? I can understand your fear if you have something to hid....... Your fears are only natural.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desola(f): 12:58am On Apr 11, 2013
Chubhie: we all have definations of terms to suit any line of action we may choose to defend. This may not be about rules but going beyond all protocol to solve an urgent decay that may lead to total system failure.

Yes, yes, things do go out of hand at times and a lot of threads degenerate into name calling but that does not mean that the system has failed. If you want to outlaw certain terms, make sure they are not generally used or accepted terms that are in the dictionary for instance. Saying you would ban someone or hide their posts because they called another 'ibo' is simply absurd! It is a word which is recognized by scholars and people o the world generally. If however, you feel that the word is been used derogatorily, then you censor the insulting part of the sentence or hide it completely. It shouldn't be a blanket rule. It should be applied on a case by case basis. The merit of the post would have to be assessed to decipher the context in which it was used. That is the way to apply the law and not just say I ikeena the gburugburu of Nairaland hereby decree that the use of the 'ibo' word should henceforth be outlawed. Firstly, we would ask you "who are you"? Seun - we know; Oam4j - we know. Why? Because they have acceptance. You on the other hand galloped along from no where and looked at everyone and said, yes! Notice me, i'm here. Abeg abeg! You be dog wey no get leash for neck?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Freewilly(f): 1:00am On Apr 11, 2013
All I did was to ask folks to lay off the new Mod, and I got my post hidden. Wow this is looking like a dictatorship.

It's OK then I guess from now on I can only post what the person hiding my post would like so I don't get my posts

hidden.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Iara Oshiomhole Visits An Orphanage In Edo State - Photos / Senate Confirms Board Members Of NCC, Nigerian Communications Commission / States Generate ₦5.30, Get ₦10.19, Borrow₦1.84 Trillion In Five Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.