Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary (28278 Views)

Ameachi To Get "Ordinary" Chairman Of Amnesty From Buhari / Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets / Breaking News, Boko Haram Rejects Amnesty, From Abubakar Shakau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Orikinla(m): 12:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
Maxymilliano: Boko haram has never demanded for amnesty, it was northern leaders and their western allies who demand for it. Boko haram struggles, as led by Shekau is purely ideological in nature, and his demand is anything but amnesty.

PDP political contractors and jobbers demanded the Amnesty for chop-chop sharing of the funds like the PDP leaders from the Niger Delta are chopping their own Amnesty funds. grin
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by nagoma(m): 12:36pm On Apr 11, 2013
dbride:

Nigeria has been ruled mostly by the hausa/fulani who during their time ruled through corruption. Most of the relevant ministries were headed by them including parastatals. Mind you, Islam forbids that a fellow muslim snitches on or penalizes another muslim. They milked the nation with impunity and nobody could complain. In fact, it became a case of if you cant beat them you join them. The trend then was to convert to Islam or affiliate just to belong. A few influential men did that!
The hausa/fulani had the political and military power then. Corruption turned "cancer" during Babangida's reign and then Abacha. That cancer is eating us up now...so difficult to cure but I am still positive we will sing Halelluyah one day. Everything that has a beginning has an end.

Too ignorant . I wonder how he was able to write when he clearly cannot read.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by tommykiwi(m): 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
iamswizz: we are finished sad

I see Nigeria Dividing.. but it wont still solve our problems cry
Na you want divide Naija ba? Naija will surely return back to the peace loving country we use to know..So you divide ursef not my country..
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by hikmoj(m): 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
Tanx my bro we're all in murky waters only God knws wh d real terorists are.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by idriis: 12:41pm On Apr 11, 2013
Na true oh! Since FG can't exterminate these terrorists, thou, how can a terrorist exterminate a terrorist? Abeg make BH give us amnesty oh...na we dey suffer am oh.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 11, 2013
Dividend of cluelesness! Jona u see ur life?
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by henrysam(m): 12:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
jimino: mr fanatic, pls tel me wen did IBB, ABACHA etc bcame christian dat dey looted so much of mony 2 d extend of kiping dem in foreign bank.

Pple lyk u wil continue 2 cos division in nigeria along religion line. Be wise, grow up nd promote peace nd unity without sentiment. Gud day
So most of the leaders who sucked them dry in the north and turn them to pauper are christian. Most pple in nairaland fart with their mouth instead of the anus
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 11, 2013
Those people that are clamoring for amnesty for boko haram where are you guys? Am sure that if Amnesty is to be granted only the northern elites will send their children and families to get the amnesty deal and share the money while the insurgence continues because Boko haram aint ready to shift grounds. GEJ should wise up o
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by nerodenero: 12:46pm On Apr 11, 2013
If GEJ doesnt bring boko haram down because I know he knows them then,Boko Haram will bring him down.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by pekelepekele(m): 12:50pm On Apr 11, 2013
The Hunter wanted to grant the bush meat amnesty but the bushmeat rejected saying have done no wrong to be living in the bush you deserve an amnesty from me . cheesy grin
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by vokalguy(m): 12:51pm On Apr 11, 2013
Well these idiots have made the president look like a fool. Imagine them telling the President to go shove the amnesty bs up his a$$. Matter of fact, why the f**k did GEJ even consider something like that. It makes him look weak, I am starting to feel this so called president can only 'flex his muscles' against innocent Nigerians (raising fuel prices is a prime example)You have a group of militants who are giving Nigerians sleepless nights and you are struggling to squash these roaches and you think your 'solution' is amnesty? I am having a laugh here! I weep for my country!
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Akpan107(m): 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2013
iamswizz: we are finished sad

I see Nigeria Dividing.. but it wont still solve our problems cry
It would!
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by nairaman66(m): 12:55pm On Apr 11, 2013
What effrontery! BH are meant to be Crushed! Not given Amnesty..
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Cocodiva: 12:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
This fresh Air is becoming too much o. Abeg make I close my window. grin
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by nagoma(m): 12:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
jimharry21: the idea of amnesty in the first instance a big compromise and lack of understanding from the presidency of what boko haram is all about. i think the FG should concentrate energy on taking charge of the nation than being led by a blind terror group boko haram, FG must detect the modus of operation not some perversive minds.

I am sure the FG knows much more than they are admitting. And I don't know why.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by nagoma(m): 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
gboss4sure: Those people that are clamoring for amnesty for boko haram where are you guys? Am sure that if Amnesty is to be granted only the northern elites will send their children and families to get the amnesty deal and share the money while the insurgence continues because Boko haram aint ready to shift grounds. GEJ should wise up o

Why do you think amnesty means money? Have you ever been to school?
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by domiron: 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
High on Morphine, or is it crystal meth? ......!!!!!!!...If you guys want to leave Nigeria, better, instead of asking for conditions that we all know if it was the other way round , you won't want to...
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by iykak47: 1:05pm On Apr 11, 2013
Orikinla:
PDP political contractors and jobbers demanded the Amnesty for chop-chop sharing of the funds like the PDP leaders from the Niger Delta are chopping their own Amnesty funds. grin
You are right. Buhari,Tinubu and Elrufai that demanded amnesty for boko haram are all PDP members.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by ojofu(m): 1:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
what stops FG from declaring emergency rule in boko haram infested states?. Uncle jona, since bk boys said your balls are worthless, pls declare emergency rule in the affected state.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:08pm On Apr 11, 2013
Check out BBC's report: The Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram has
rejected the idea of an amnesty. Last week
President Goodluck Jonathan asked a
high level team to look into the possibility of
granting the militants a pardon. The
announcement was made via an audio statement believed to be from the group's
leader
Abubakar Shekau. In recent years Boko Haram
has carried out a
campaign of violence across northern and parts
of central Nigeria killing at least 2,000 people. The group says its members are fighting to
create
an Islamic state in Nigeria's predominantly
Muslim
north. Mr Shekau said his group had done no
wrong and so an amnesty would not be applicable to
them. It was the Nigerian government that was
committing atrocities against Muslims, he said.
"Surprisingly, the Nigerian government is
talking
about granting us amnesty. What wrong have we done? On the contrary, it is we that should
grant you [a] pardon," AFP news agency quotes
him as saying in the Hausa language audio
recording. BBC Nigeria correspondent Will Ross
says that
northern religious and political leaders have been
urging President Jonathan to grant an amnesty
to
the militants as they say the army's response to
the insurgency is not bringing peace. The
amnesty panel was set up by the president last week and includes senior military
representatives, presidential sources said. The
move surprised many as President Jonathan
had dismissed the idea of amnesty and
dialogue,
our reporter says. In 2009, then-Nigerian President Musa Yar Adua
granted an amnesty to thousands of militants
wreaking havoc in the oil-rich Niger Delta in the
south. The violence fell dramatically but there
are
worrying warnings of further unrest in the Delta,
analysts say.
Source: m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22105476
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Venchy: 1:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
There's a saying which states "WHEN A GOAT SEES RAUFU WITH BREAD, THE GOAT MUST SURELY SNATCH THE BREAD", the reason been is that, Raufu is a slow guy.

Our president is the WEAKEST LINK in Nigerian hostory.

He's smart enough to grant PARDON to formal boss (Criminal) but daft enough not to tackle the on going problem in the country.

Biggest mistake OBJ, this is what PADDY PADDY & CORRUPT GOVERNMENT IS COSTING OUR NATION

Nigeria I hail thee.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
ALL LEVEL
Viewing this topic: TheRealMrStan , Iyfe
Namikaze ( m), zangality (m), abdulkayus
(m), Joeadamu86 , indomitable234 ,
DollyPhee , olushy, absa$ ( m), iamteaser,
adoniza (m), Aggrippa ( m), monie ( f),
iyke10, smokeyupu, Jussi( m), nagoma(m),
Cachez( m), tpapi, koneshape2012,
statemancontact, Black Peni5 , pokerman,
sholasong(m), Okworigeorge ( m), jimino
( m), koife(m), Mujitapha (m), travelxpat
(m), bimsie ( f), Amaso99 ( m), abubello (m),
cashkid , bellalove( f), nnachichi , Dr. Do
Good , pinkguy , Bintus2much , Ishsoph( m),
slyy , justhelp , grandfada, searay (m),
OBALINE , davseun2ta , Table Leg ( m),
myola( m), Josephnice, Vilicious( m),
OAM4J , E-godons , emeka50 ,
Adekdammy, Turin, mobuch (m), Chusino
( m), Arysexy( m), Lawmann, Emperor_007 ,
badesco (m), nuelmae ( m), Ochillary ,
adeyak83 and 80 guest(s)
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Rotimi47: 1:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
†ђε major thing that can save Nigeria is Ĝ∞∂ governance because God have done a lot for Nigeria and all that is left is we doing †ђε right thing but if after this have been done boko haram still go on with their evil activities, they should legalize fire arms Nation wide, gbam; we will then know whether boko haram/hausa/flani has †ђε monopoly of violence.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
Kenny4lyfe: Check out BBC's report: The Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram has
rejected the idea of an amnesty. Last week
President Goodluck Jonathan asked a
high level team to look into the possibility of
granting the militants a pardon. The
announcement was made via an audio statement believed to be from the group's
leader
Abubakar Shekau. In recent years Boko Haram
has carried out a
campaign of violence across northern and parts
of central Nigeria killing at least 2,000 people. The group says its members are fighting to
create
an Islamic state in Nigeria's predominantly
Muslim
north. Mr Shekau said his group had done no
wrong and so an amnesty would not be applicable to
them. It was the Nigerian government that was
committing atrocities against Muslims, he said.
"Surprisingly, the Nigerian government is
talking
about granting us amnesty. What wrong have we done? On the contrary, it is we that should
grant you [a] pardon," AFP news agency quotes
him as saying in the Hausa language audio
recording. BBC Nigeria correspondent Will Ross
says that
northern religious and political leaders have been
urging President Jonathan to grant an amnesty
to
the militants as they say the army's response to
the insurgency is not bringing peace. The
amnesty panel was set up by the president last week and includes senior military
representatives, presidential sources said. The
move surprised many as President Jonathan
had dismissed the idea of amnesty and
dialogue,
our reporter says. In 2009, then-Nigerian President Musa Yar Adua
granted an amnesty to thousands of militants
wreaking havoc in the oil-rich Niger Delta in the
south. The violence fell dramatically but there
are
worrying warnings of further unrest in the Delta,
analysts say.
Source: http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22105476
I'm not suprised! This events are unfolding as expected! It is now time for Pres. GEJ to scrap his amnesty commitee and put a "flush them out and kill them all commitee" in place. Shikenan!
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by nagoma(m): 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
Rotimi47: †ђε major thing that can save Nigeria is Ĝ∞∂ government because God have done a lot for Nigeria and all that is left is we doing †ђε right thing but if after this have been done boko haram still go on with their evil activities, they should legalize fire arms Nation wide, gbam; we will then know whether boko haram/hausa/flani has †ђε monopoly of violence.

Even NORTHERNERS did not provide good governance and you think southerners can do it? Just look at the trend of progressive failure of governance.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by gbadexy(m): 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
At least jonah tried.
I think he can now be justified to take any action he deems necessary to curb this menace.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by MiloRambaldi(m): 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
About time the FG starts working with the US to target these people using drones.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Burger01(m): 1:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
Ok..

Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Burger01(m): 1:41pm On Apr 11, 2013
MiloRambaldi: About time the FG starts working with the US to target these people using drones.
I prefer the federal government purchase few 'hydrogen' bombs and drop them in their shites, caves, dungeons up in the north. Useless people... sad
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by maclatunji: 1:43pm On Apr 11, 2013
Obiagelli: The federal government should seek amnesty from Nigerians for looting us dry

And allowing non-state actors hold us to ransom. The man we should really hold responsible is Obasanjo. He engineered the coming to power of two very ill-prepared individuals for the 2 most powerful offices in Nigeria, the President and Vice President. Late Yar'adua was too ill, and Jonathan too unprepared and unskilled for the job.

A man's vendetta against his people has resulted in dire consequences. However, don't get it twisted, Obasanjo would not have been successful without the help of many Nigerians in and out of power.

Until we the masses demand proper governance, this Boko Haram menace will be difficult to surmount. They are committed to their ideology but the Federal Government is not committed to fulfilling its duties. Whom are they granting amnesty to and why? They want to grant amnesty to terrorists and murderers because they failed in their duty as a government to secure lives and property all in a bid to remain in power post-2015. What a huge shame!
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by davseun2ta(m): 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
nagoma:

its high time we tell ourselves the truth.. there is no good governance anywhere in Nigeria!!! Nigeria is a place where bad governance is the other of the day. Its' a competition(who is worse than the other)... lets face the fact, the BH are clamouring for an islamic state/country, which is not possible, cos Nigeria is a country where there are diversities of religion and belief. so, if they are saying they want to have their own state, all well and good , give them their state and stop this blood shed.Taking sudan as an example. the war that has been for years ended,immediately the states were divided into North and south sudan. Those Northern political thieves know this but they wont support it, cos they know if they do, they will wail in poverty,cos of the resources they loot in Niger delta..(who would want to loose such a wealth)[/b]only the thieves in the north!!! yet i still hear [b]HELL CALLING THEM...

Even NORTHERNERS did not provide good governance and you think southerners can do it? Just look at the trend of progressive failure of governance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Submitted Onu’s Name For SGF – Okorocha / Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries / Remi Tinubu Meets Wives Of Army, Naval, Air Force And Police Officers (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.