Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary (28279 Views)

Ameachi To Get "Ordinary" Chairman Of Amnesty From Buhari / Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets / Breaking News, Boko Haram Rejects Amnesty, From Abubakar Shakau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by maclatunji: 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
gbadexy: At least jonah tried.
I think he can now be justified to take any action he deems necessary to curb this menace.

You are quite an optimist, I don't see him with any answer to this problem.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by mu2sa2: 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
Boko haram believe they are on a mission to avenge the death of their members killed by security forces (jtf) and of muslims killed in so-called muslim/christian clashes across the north. They are not after money. This rejection of any amnesty offer must be seen in the context of what they claim they fighting for. The die-hards among them will reject amnesty but the majority foot soldiers can be persuaded to lay down their arms. One thing is clear, though, money does not appeal to these guys, so FG cannot use money to entice them as they did with niger delta terrorists (whose "generals" hav abandoned the "struggle" and are now living in luxury and hobnobbing with corrupt politicians in PH, lagos, Abuja). For the majority bh members amnesty offer is a good first step, but they are not going to come out and negotiate surrender or peace as some people expect. What I think will happen is that they will just stop their activities and u will see a reducton or even cessation of violence by them. If this happens JTF violence should cease as well. And innocent people caught between boko haram and JTF violence will breathe a sigh of relief.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by tarryT(m): 1:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
Am so dissapointed that ruling PDP and the so called opposition aka, "pseudoAPC" can sugest amnesty for these devils...
My recomendation...
1) KILL THEM ALL...
2)Kill any1 that is against number 1

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
eagle,eye:

We the good people of Nigeria, should urge the GEJ led government to seek for Amnesty from Boko Haram.
For, Boko Haram is a more powerful force than GEJ led government.
U are funny
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by MahatmaGhandi: 1:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
Dudu_Negro: una see grin. una dey see wetin happen here grin grin

ohaneze carry wrapper tying eze to go kano go rededicate ndigbo commitment to northern nigeria.....after massob labeled gambari as an "innocent".

shay una don see now how boko say na federal go come beg dem for pardon.

chei, ezi oku!! Chineke ma ka onyiara bokoharam. angry

where is that airforce jet that misfired missile for por'harcourt the other day, make jonathan load am with more missiles and go park am for maiduguri make hin dey misfire left and right....wtf!! angry angry

the highlighted part really cracked me up, plus i always enjoy listening to an angry ibo man speak in his language as long as the anger is not directed at me though grin
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by DonaldGenes(m): 1:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Obiagelli: The federal government should seek amnesty from Nigerians for lojavascript:void(0);oting us dry
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by davseun2ta(m): 1:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
mu2sa2: Boko haram believe they are on a mission to avenge the death of their members killed by security forces (jtf) and of muslims killed in so-called muslim/christian clashes across the north. They are not after money. This rejection of any amnesty offer must be seen in the context of what they claim they fighting for. The die-hards among them will reject amnesty but the majority foot soldiers can be persuaded to lay down their arms. One thing is clear, though, money does not appeal to these guys, so FG cannot use money to entice them as they did with niger delta terrorists (whose "generals" hav abandoned the "struggle" and are now living in luxury and hobnobbing with corrupt politicians in PH, lagos, Abuja). For the majority bh members amnesty offer is a good first step, but they are not going to come out and negotiate surrender or peace as some people expect. What I think will happen is that they will just stop their activities and u will see a reducton or even cessation of violence by them. If this happens JTF violence should cease as well. And innocent people caught between boko haram and JTF violence will breathe a sigh of relief.

so you think, that these guys doesn't like or value money. thats their sole aim! they are not fighting for a just course.They claim islam is a religion of peace, yet they kill harmless and innocent souls... their actions are not defined!!! they confuse the polity at their course.Their leaders,like the sultan of sokoto says islam a religion of peace as such the boko haram are Non-muslims, they claim the boko haram are just hiding under the umbrella of religion, while it has a political undertune.Yet, the boko haram says, they want an islamic state....hmmmm!!!! lets take the bull by its horn. enough is enough!!! the target should be the leaders and not the guys themselves... Even Jonathan acknowledged the fact that there are boko haram in his cabinet.... the following people should be questioned....ATIKU,Shakarau,Babaginda,Buhari,Abubarkar,Sanusi... amongst many others.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by kennydee05(m): 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
davseun2ta:

he is the Boko haram in government.
Is he part of GEJ cabinet?
Or maybe .̸Ɣõú.̸Ϟ.̸-̶̶.-̶̶. Should tell your GEJ Τ̅☺ tell us the BH that are in governmentm
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by MahatmaGhandi: 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
the sultan can end this by declearing a fatwa on boko haram.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by dbride: 2:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
nagoma:

Too ignorant . I wonder how he was able to write when he clearly cannot read.

I knew my comment would be difficult for you to grasp so I take it that your above reply was based on what or how you understood mine. You 4got to show me how much knowledge you have. Glad you are just one in a million + and you do not matter at all.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by kennydee05(m): 2:05pm On Apr 11, 2013
davseun2ta:

so you think, that these guys doesn't like or value money. thats their sole aim! they are not fighting for a just course.They claim islam is a religion of peace, yet they kill harmless and innocent souls... their actions are not defined!!! they confuse the polity at their course.Their leaders,like the sultan of sokoto says islam a religion of peace as such the boko haram are Non-muslims, they claim the boko haram are just hiding under the umbrella of religion, while it has a political undertune.Yet, the boko haram says, they want an islamic state....hmmmm!!!! lets take the bull by its horn. enough is enough!!! the target should be the leaders and not the guys themselves... Even Jonathan acknowledged the fact that there are boko haram in his cabinet.... the following people should be questioned....ATIKU,Shakarau,Babaginda,Buhari,Abubarkar,Sanusi... amongst many others.
.̸Ɣõú.̸Ϟ.̸-̶̶.-̶̶. Also should be questioned for knowing the arrays of people Τ̅☺ be questioned...
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by chucky234(m): 2:05pm On Apr 11, 2013
I blame GEJ and his clueless advisers for this mess,those goons who parades themselves as Boko Haram should be wipe off completely but instead our dear president as dumb as ever talks of amnesty.
He has been changing security chiefs like undies yet no improvement,both the FG and security chiefs lacks creativity security intelligence needed to tackle Boko insurgents yet they waste billions monthly sending soldiers to northern states.
Idiot:s
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by dbride: 2:12pm On Apr 11, 2013
nagoma:

Why do you think amnesty means money? Have you ever been to school?

Empty vessels ALWAYS make the most sound. You have been to school, so tell us what amnesty means here. If you say something is WRONG, then tell us what is RIGHT.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
Thank God they refuse d unwarranted offer.
But this guys have got guts.Pls lets disintegrate cos that is d only solution.Nigeria was never meant to be 1.
In BIAFRA i stand.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by pampy: 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
This is the first time the FG will be faced with a problem that a bribe/amnesty cannot solve and coupled with our incompetent president we have this unprecedented state of violence.

When you liken bokoharam to al-qaeda to then you will understand that money is not the issue or amnesty but a military victory. Do you see America negotiating with al-qaeda? The FG should get off their fat asses and think out a strategy to crush them. And they should please stop this faceless business Abu shekau is on so many voice messages and youtube video.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by lekkie073(m): 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
lakhadimar: IS BUHARI THE FG?
no, but he is one of the proponents of the amnesty-to-bokoharam issue cool
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by davseun2ta(m): 2:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
kennydee05:
.̸Ɣõú.̸Ϟ.̸-̶̶.-̶̶. Also should be questioned for knowing the arrays of people Τ̅☺ be questioned...

well, if you are blind! i am not!!! as i said earlier, we don't tell ourselves the truth. I had envisage this happenings when buhari cried on a national TV,cos he has contested and has lost so many times.I had also envisaged this when the likes of gbadamosi babaginda(a thief, murderer,dictator,badluck and tyrant)came out to declare their intention to run for presidency. what about the tussle between aTIKU AND obj.. aTIKU BECAME A party prostitute! or it is sanusi , that sponsors this guy with our money,stylishly set up the islamic bank to achieve their aim.... e.t.c!!!! the events is endless!!! i just hope you wont die in your ignorance
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by aikuda(m): 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2013
Boko Haram is being smart on this one. I think GEJ and his team know what they are doing, at least on this case. They had to accept the call for amnesty just to humor such advocates. They know that Boko Haram CANNOT accept amnesty. They will have to show their faces to accept amnesty, right. How do you grant amnesty to a "ghost," as GEJ said before. But I guess to satisfy the advocates for amnesty and to not appear to be the problem as some northern leaders are hoping for, he accepted the call and pretended to play along.

Any sensible person would know amnesty is trap that Boko Haram cannot accept. That is not how their operation works. This is not Niger Deltal militants that have some identifiable objective and are willing to meet with the government. Boko Haram is based on an impossible ideology that requires faceless acts of terrorism. At least the northerners cannot blame GEJ for not granting their wards amnesty now!

People have to look at the big picture to understand the mind games going on.

8 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by MiloRambaldi(m): 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
maclatunji:

You are quite an optimist, I don't see him with any answer to this problem.

Islamism is a difficult problem to solve anywhere, once it's taken root. Just how do you stop people from blowing themselves and others up, with bombs and bomb-making materials so easy to get?

The FG needs to implement elements of true federalism like empowering States to handle their own security. This will quickly localize the insurgency. This will mean that the largely non-muslim Southern States would be ok, as those state govts. would act or be compelled by their 'indigenes' to act forcefully against 'foreign' Islamists.

Formula would also work in the North. It would not make sense for BH to kill people in an already 'Sharia' North to compel largely non-muslim semi-independent Southern States to adopt Sharia. Also any policeman killed would likely be an 'indigene' of the state and this would anger and force the people there to wake form their complicit slumber. Sadly, non-Muslim 'minorities' will still be prime targets and may fare worse initially, as the Northern States' police may not be very protective- this will clearly show the world the complicity of such states and hopefully they'll quickly make amends to redeem their image.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by MiloRambaldi(m): 2:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
aikuda: Boko Haram is being smart on this one. I think GEJ and his team know what they are doing, at least on this case. They had to accept the call for amnesty just to humor such advocates. They know that Boko Haram CANNOT accept amnesty. They will have to show their faces to accept amnesty, right. How do you grant amnesty to a "ghost," as GEJ said before. But I guess to satisfy the advocates for amnesty and to not appear to be the problem as some northern leaders are hoping for, he accepted the call and pretended to play along.

Any sensible person would know amnesty is trap that Boko Haram cannot accept. That is not how their operation works. This is not Niger Deltal militants that have some identifiable objective and are willing to meet with the government. Boko Haram is based on an impossible ideology that requires faceless acts of terrorism. At least the northerners cannot blame GEJ for not granting their wards amnesty now!

Seems a smart move by the FG, looked at it that way. Any further requests for FG to grant amnesty to BH would sound quite foolish.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by omocheche(f): 2:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
That is why d president say they had to come out & surrender & ask for forgiveness una northern leaders say na only amnesty be d solution. Shebi we done try am now & see what d out come is.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by dbride: 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
nagoma:

Even NORTHERNERS did not provide good governance and you think southerners can do it? Just look at the trend of progressive failure of governance.

This mentality of "born to rule" is exactly what I have been harping on but you called me "too ignorant". What arrogance. You just said above that since Northerners did not provide good governance, then southerners cannot. Hear the home truth, Nigeria is in this mess today as a result of the misrule of the years past by northerners as head of state and ministers of ministries and managing directors of parastatals. They ruled and led through corruption and it is now a cancer. Those were the days when every tom dick harry northerner depended only on government contracts which they in turn sold. Of course they couldnt execute them yet were the prefered contractors because of their origin. So much evil transpired so let sleeping dogs lie. Corruption was an open affair! It was their style, they had both military and political power! I repeat, let sleeping dogs lie. What was the reason for Okar's coup?

With all that corruption, they still did not develop the north! LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by iykak47: 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2013
gbadexy: At least jonah tried.
I think he can now be justified to take any action he deems necessary to curb this menace.
Gbam
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by nagoma(m): 2:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
davseun2ta:

Jonathan is in a better position to say. I'm sure he knows more than you do. Why doesn't he talk or act? Everybody is tired of this situation and he is sitting like a dummy.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by nagoma(m): 2:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
davseun2ta:

Jonathan is in a better position to say. I'm sure he knows more than you do. Why doesn't he talk or act? Everybody is tired of this situation and he is sitting like a dummy.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by aikuda(m): 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

Seems a smart move by the FG, looked at it that way. Any further requests for FG to grant amnesty to BH would sound quite foolish.

Probably the smartest move by the government given the controversy they know it would generate. This is very much political as it is practical. I am waiting to hear what Buhari and the other norther oligarchs would say next.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by nagoma(m): 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
davseun2ta:

well, if you are blind! i am not!!! as i said earlier, we don't tell ourselves the truth. I had envisage this happenings when buhari cried on a national TV,cos he has contested and has lost so many times.I had also envisaged this when the likes of gbadamosi babaginda(a thief, murderer,dictator,badluck and tyrant)came out to declare their intention to run for presidency. what about the tussle between aTIKU AND obj.. aTIKU BECAME A party prostitute! or it is sanusi , that sponsors this guy with our money,stylishly set up the islamic bank to achieve their aim.... e.t.c!!!! the events is endless!!! i just hope you wont die in your ignorance

you are the most ignorant person here.Why don't you stick to your agbero job and leave the thinking to those who have some brain cells?
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by ikweremilitant: 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2013
sheyguy: Very sensible thing to say because they simple want the No. 1 FG seat in Aso Rock. All those talk of sharia and Puff Puff allowance is not pleasing enough to our born-to-rule brothers. Happy FreshAir dispensation!!!
checkmate d king and the queen will be sacrificed.so gej has pulld a hard stunt by granting amnesty!its nw buharis nd northan govs turn to unmask d ghost.haha gud move by gej
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by solomon111(m): 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
aikuda: Boko Haram is being smart on this one. I think GEJ and his team know what they are doing, at least on this case. They had to accept the call for amnesty just to humor such advocates. They know that Boko Haram CANNOT accept amnesty. They will have to show their faces to accept amnesty, right. How do you grant amnesty to a "ghost," as GEJ said before. But I guess to satisfy the advocates for amnesty and to not appear to be the problem as some northern leaders are hoping for, he accepted the call and pretended to play along.

Thank you for this excellent analysis of the situation.
The Northern leaders are being caught in their own web.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by MiloRambaldi(m): 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
nagoma:

He should just get into an agreement with the US and have their drones deal with these terrorists. Innocents will inevitably be caught in the cross fire though.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by nagoma(m): 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
WHAT SLEEPING DOGS?
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by nagoma(m): 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
dbride:

This mentality of "born to rule" is exactly what I have been harping on but you called me "too ignorant". What arrogance. You just said above that since Northerners did not provide good governance, then southerners cannot. Hear the home truth, Nigeria is in this mess today as a result of the misrule of the years past by northerners as head of state and ministers of ministries and managing directors of parastatals. They ruled and led through corruption and it is now a cancer. Those were the days when every tom dick harry northerner depended only on government contracts which they in turn sold. Of course they couldnt execute them yet were the prefered contractors because of their origin. So much evil transpired so let sleeping dogs lie. Corruption was an open affair! It was their style, they had both military and political power! I repeat, let sleeping dogs lie. What was the reason for Okar's coup?
tion, they still did not develop the north! LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE.
So the gross lack of capacity to understand and rule the country exhibited by a southerner GEJ is all caused by the north? Why can't he show the much hyped education and civilization and move the country forward? A dumb president with nothing to offer is the best the south could present. A so called PhD who doesn't know his left from his right.That is a southern president for you.Presiding over the most monumental corruption seen anywhere in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu Meets Wives Of Army, Naval, Air Force And Police Officers (pics) / PDP's First Executive Committee Meeting After Losing The 2015 Elections (Photos) / APC: Goodluck Jonathan Is Working For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.