Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,986 members, 7,848,962 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:36 PM

Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! - Nairaland / General (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! (71390 Views)

Have You Ever Been Duped By People With 'juju' Before? Share Your Experience... / 7 Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men / Gender Inequality: Was Feminism Just a Fad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 1:25am On Jun 18, 2013
SMH!

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 9:39am On Jun 18, 2013
Black Kenichi: SMH!

Lol!

It's like a Ghanaian saying 'All Nigerians are rich because Dangote is rich'

That a woman was the PM of Australia doesn't mean a thing.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2013
bukatyne:

Lol!

It's like a Ghanaian saying 'All Nigerians are rich because Dangote is rich'

That a woman was the PM of Australia doesn't mean a thing.
Yes it does mean something. She is the top dog of Australia. I wonder what held her back to get the position?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
Black women take heed!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 3:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
Interesting dialog

genearally in my experience here in Nigeria, a lot of the issues that women complain about are also being suffered by the man

low wages, no jobs, access to education and opportunities
if we have better governance, these common issues will be solved

Companies not giving working maternity leave in my opinion is more of a compliance issue with the law rather than male oppression
Such a company is flouting the law and would still be averse to granting [paternity leave or fleexible working conditions

Sort out social injustice and all these feministic issues will be sorted out

ish

For the educated ladies i know here, they are outearning their male counterparts and have steady careers.

I still dont know that the feminists are on about

@Royal

the Yorubas and Binis are not inbred
Per the legends, the Binis needed a ruler over their people and one of Odua's sons was sent to rule
Thats the link

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
Black Kenichi:
Yes it does mean something. She is the top dog of Australia. I wonder what held her back to get the position?

You are right. Dangote, the 21st richest man is a Nigerian. I wonder what holds the average Nigerian from buying a Rolls Royce?

Like I said in a much earlier post, the discrimination is physical except in extreme cases. It's subtle, messing with the minds of women and making them believe they are inferior and lower than men. The feminists have been able to achieve equalizing most of the physical barriers put up by men. The mantle is now on parents, leaders esp spiritual to challenge and encourage the female child. A girl who believes she is inferior to a man or only made for marriage cannot do anything productive with her mind. She cannot even choose the right husband because she feels she's inferior. She in turn will train the girls unfortunate enough to be her daughters to also lack self esteem.

Read the romance section and look around you in the real world. The inferiority complex speaks volumes daily; how relationships function etc.

The reason some women seem bitter is because they are treated like inferiors. Imagine when you where in secondary school, how did you feel towards your seniors esp when they were mean and rubbed it in your face at every instance that 'they were your seniors? they could do anything and get away with it?' the same here applies but is worse because there is no end date. You know one day, you will 'be a senior' and look forward to that day. You try to endure because it is for 4, 5years max. What day does a woman discriminated against look forward to? The day she dies? becomes a man?

Let everyone adopt the golden rule: 'DO unto others as you want others to do unto you'

If you know that this action will hurt me if a person (Male/female) does it, don't do it because it WILL hurt the person you are doing it to.

It is well
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2013
^ for goodness sake just stop.

Stop whining, complaing and wallowing in eternal victimhood. Unless someone has erected a physical barrier to your success, you have no one to blame for your failure but yourself. The guys who bash women on the internet have a reason to do so... if you want to stop those men you would stop your behavior

No one just wakes up and starts bashing Nigerian women over-night.

Check yourselves and stop pushing the blame for every bad thing you do on someone else. I cant speak for Nigeria, but in America girls are encouraged to think they are more than equal to men. Just look at the commercials on TV, the female is smart the male is dumb.... There are a million scholarships grants and organizatons designed to make women succeed, and a million female role models to look up too.

And they still spew feminist nonsense

.... If after all that, you still believe you are inferior it is because you are.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
bukatyne:
You are right. Dangote, the 21st richest man is a Nigerian. I wonder what holds the average Nigerian from buying a Rolls Royce?

Like I said in a much earlier post, the discrimination is physical except in extreme cases. It's subtle, messing with the minds of women and making them believe they are inferior and lower than men. The feminists have been able to achieve equalizing most of the physical barriers put up by men. The mantle is now on parents, leaders esp spiritual to challenge and encourage the female child. A girl who believes she is inferior to a man or only made for marriage cannot do anything productive with her mind. She cannot even choose the right husband because she feels she's inferior. She in turn will train the girls unfortunate enough to be her daughters to also lack self esteem.

Read the romance section and look around you in the real world. The inferiority complex speaks volumes daily; how relationships function etc.

The reason some women seem bitter is because they are treated like inferiors. Imagine when you where in secondary school, how did you feel towards your seniors esp when they were mean and rubbed it in your face at every instance that 'they were your seniors? they could do anything and get away with it?' the same here applies but is worse because there is no end date. You know one day, you will 'be a senior' and look forward to that day. You try to endure because it is for 4, 5years max. What day does a woman discriminated against look forward to? The day she dies? becomes a man?

Let everyone adopt the golden rule: 'DO unto others as you want others to do unto you'

If you know that this action will hurt me if a person (Male/female) does it, don't do it because it WILL hurt the person you are doing it to.

It is well

Good points.

Another thing we have to acknowledge is the fact that religious laws have a huge role to play in this issue of making women feel inferior. Where you have the bible and quran telling women to always submit to their husbands regardless of whether the husband is fit to be a good leader or not, you find the idea of male superiority becomes subconciously implanted in the mind of men (and women).
You cannot tell people to always play the submissive and obedient role and still expect that they will consider themselves equal to those they are submitting to and obeying.

Summary of my post is that religion placing men as the head of families in every single situation (whether he is retarded or wise) tends to make women think they are not as good as men. Fine I know there is no part of the bible where it is explicitly stated that men are superior to women but the mere fact that leadership position in the home is exclusively reserved for males is enough to make people think women are not good enough/as good as men/inferior to men.
This inferiority complex is what makes a lot of women laid back underacheivers who think they must depend on males for their existence to be complete.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 4:28pm On Jun 18, 2013
^^^ interesting insight on the western females mindset
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 18, 2013
biolabee: ..
Are you greatgod's husband?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2013

This meme is so true at a very deep level.
Feminists love to complain about not women enough in high ranking and highly paid jobs. Yet there's no mention from feminists about the lack of women doing the dank and dingy jobs like pest extermination, sewage works, garbage collectors etc.
My last job I worked at a place that recycled dirty plastic. The owner was a woman, however, every single employee was a dude. Where are the feminists protesting about the lack of female employees in my last job?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2013
pleep: ^ for goodness sake just stop.

Stop whining, complaing and wallowing in eternal victimhood. Unless someone has erected a physical barrier to your success, you have no one to blame for your failure but yourself. The guys who bash women on the internet have a reason to do so... if you want to stop those men you would stop your behavior

No one just wakes up and starts bashing Nigerian women over-night.

Check yourselves and stop pushing the blame for every bad thing you do on someone else. I cant speak for Nigeria, but in America girls are encouraged to think they are more than equal to men. Just look at the commercials on TV, the female is smart the male is dumb.... There are a million scholarships grants and organizatons designed to make women succeed, and a million female role models to look up too.

And they still spew feminist nonsense

.... If after all that, you still believe you are inferior it is because you are.

I won't have bothered with your comment but note the bolded 'I can't speak for Nigeria...'

Since you acknowledged that you can't speak for Nigeria, don't attempt to and listen to the people speaking in Nigeria for Nigeria.

The last I remembered, the OP opened this post to 'whine' about feminists in the very first place. If women were not initially victimized, no measures would have been put in place to tackle it.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
im sorry you think u r inferior... have a nice cry about it tongue
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2013
fellis:
Are you greatgod's husband?

Me ke?.... nooo grin
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
pleep: im sorry you think u r inferior... have a nice cry about it tongue

If you comprehended my post, you will note that I did not write that post from a personal POV

I thought feminism was about saying contrary to popular opinion, men and women are equal.

So what's your problem with feminism if you think men and women are equal?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2013
biolabee:

Me ke?.... nooo grin

I thought you are her husband because you sometimes end your posts with 'may god help us all', just like she does.
Also you are yoruba just like she is.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2013
fellis:

Good points.

Another thing we have to acknowledge is the fact that religious laws have a huge role to play in this issue of making women feel inferior. Where you have the bible and quran telling women to always submit to their husbands regardless of whether the husband is fit to be a good leader or not, you find the idea of male superiority becomes subconciously implanted in the mind of men (and women).
You cannot tell people to always play the submissive and obedient role and still expect that they will consider themselves equal to those they are submitting to and obeying.

Summary of my post is that religion placing men as the head of families in every single situation (whether he is retarded or wise) tends to make women think they are not as good as men. Fine I know there is no part of the bible where it is explicitly stated that men are superior to women but the mere fact that leadership position in the home is exclusively reserved for males is enough to make people think women are not good enough/as good as men/inferior to men.
This inferiority complex is what makes a lot of women laid back underacheivers who think they must depend on males for their existence to be complete.

As for the Bible, the problem is not the model; it's how men selfishly and women gullibly interpreted the model
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
fellis:

I thought you are her husband because you sometimes end your posts with 'may god help us all', just like she does.
Also you are yoruba just like she is.

haha.. everyday i pray for His help cos we are but pencil in the hands of the Creator
just a coincidence
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
bukatyne:

As for the Bible, the problem is not the model; it's how men selfishly and women gullibly interpreted the model

Alright if you say so, I don't wanna get into a religious argument here.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
biolabee:
haha.. everyday i pray for His help cos we are but pencil in the hands of the Creator
just a coincidence
Ha, so you watch superstory? grin
Anyway is your wife a nairalander?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 5:31pm On Jun 18, 2013
fellis:
Ha, so you watch superstory? grin
Anyway is your wife a nairalander?

used to watch it long ago.... she comes around... low key though
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 5:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
fellis:

Alright if you say so, I don't wanna get into a religious argument here.

No P smiley
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 5:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
biolabee:

biolabee is married?

This is serious smiley
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 5:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
bukatyne:

If you comprehended my post, you will note that I did not write that post from a personal POV

I thought feminism was about saying contrary to popular opinion, men and women are equal.

So what's your problem with feminism if you think men and women are equal?
Men and women are absolutely equal.

But if you think that is what feminism is about in 2013 you must live under a rock. Feminism is a victim-hood group. It uses fear and innacurate statistics to push a never ending oppression narrative that ends up hurting the people its supposed to protect.

This might surpprise you, but i am not opposed to the effects of feminism one bit... it doesnt affect me. My only issue is the false statistics and historical lies yall tell about the world.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 5:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
bukatyne:
This is serious smiley

why is it strange... grin grin
its a good thing naw smiley
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 5:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
pleep: Men and women are absolutely equal.

But if you think that is what feminism is about in 2013 you must live under a rock. Feminism is a victim-hood group. It uses fear and innacurate statistics to push a never ending oppression narrative that ends up hurting the people its supposed to protect.

This might surpprise you, but i am not opposed to the effects of feminism one bit... it doesnt affect me. My only issue is the false statistics and historical lies yall tell about the world.

This your post void of insults et al is very refreshing to the eye.

No group is perfect sha

take care

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
biolabee:

Your wife visits nairaland?
Hahaha grin
You have to watch what you say or else.....grin

Its all good tho.
Happy married life to you.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2013
fellis:
Your wife visits nairaland?
Hahaha grin
You have to watch what you say or else.....grin

Its all good tho.
Happy married life to you.

thanks ma
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 5:30pm On Jun 20, 2013
Still, no feminazi has answered my question that I put up:
Black Kenichi:

This meme is so true at a very deep level.
Feminists love to complain about not women enough in high ranking and highly paid jobs. Yet there's no mention from feminists about the lack of women doing the dank and dingy jobs like pest extermination, sewage works, garbage collectors etc.
My last job I worked at a place that recycled dirty plastic. The owner was a woman, however, every single employee was a dude. Where are the feminists protesting about the lack of female employees in my last job?

It's funny how they complain about the memes i put yet they never seem to answer my questions! undecided
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Chennai: 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2013
grin
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Chennai: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2013
c.fours:
Least likely to divorce:

Asian/Asian
White Male /Black Female
Hispanic W/Hispanic W
White/White
White Male/Asian Female
White Male/ Hispanic W Female

http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/1724353-study-shows-white-men-married-black.html

hmm I wonder why black males do not show up on the "least likely to divorce" list. well, because the are busy topping the "most likely to divorce" lists!! Always trying to blame black women for their problems when the problem lies squarely on themselves.

Must be The Black Women's Fault grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (45) (Reply)

If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) / See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. / Lagos Amputee Hawker, Mary Daniel Acquires N17.5m House In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.