Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,638 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! (70982 Views)

Have You Ever Been Duped By People With 'juju' Before? Share Your Experience... / 7 Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men / Gender Inequality: Was Feminism Just a Fad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
nnenna.1:
It may shock you to know this, but female promiscuity is highly caused by irresponsible or absent male presence in a woman's life.

Groups with highly conservative women have an overwhelming presence of male "possession" as what you would find in islamic cultures.

White American women are comparatively less notorious than their Black counterparts and this is largely caused by male "protective" presence in their family (fathers and brothers), and society (patriarchy).

This is only a small part of it. Many single mothers and teen moms actually come from 2 parent married heterosexual couples. So how did they end up in that situation. Like it lump pleep is right to a certain extent. There have been many laws that have been passed in the USA and UK that "reward" single and teen motherhood.
If you're a single teen mum in the UK you are put straight to the top of the housing list. There are many more examples!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 9:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
nnenna.1:
It may shock you to know this, but female promiscuity is highly caused by irresponsible or absent male presence in a woman's life.

Groups with highly conservative women have an overwhelming presence of male "possession" as what you would find in islamic cultures.

White American women are comparatively less notorious than their Black counterparts and this is largely caused by male "protective" presence in their family (fathers and brothers), and society (patriarchy).

Yes keep blamming it on men, thats all you are good for. But in this point i agree with you, female promiscuity is regulated by patriarchy

But again...the absent males in the black community are caused by black women's irresponsiblity and promiscuity. Do you think the average Arab man would marry a women who bleeped three dudes before him and randomly got pregnant with his baby? (not even guaranteed to be his) He would call such a woman a LovePeddler.

But yall expect black men to marry such women? give me a break. The problems are cyclical, black womens failures cause black men to fail, and vice versa.

But until you ppl recognize who has the real control of the issue things will never change. Women have all the power in reproduction but men get all the blame.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
I have to log out for a bit...I will be back to address some comments here.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2013
nnenna.1:

Why did it come to be that only women raised children in Black America? My reasons:

1.The economic recession in the 70's that left millions of Black men (who depended on white America for their daily bread) Jobless.
2. Idleness, desperation and the proliferation of drug use in the 70's and 80's, creating addictions that tore up the family unit and sense of morality.
3. Drug trades, gang murders, jails, deadbeat Black men are born.

Since then it has been an unending cycle of shame for Black Americans.

The " strong black woman" phrase, I suspect, results from perceived burdens that Black American women left to raise children have adopted, and is a front that they put up in a toxic and aggressive culture.

At the bolded - Correction this also effected a number of white and hispanic (whatever race) women as well.

1. It wasn't just the recession but also outsourcing jobs to China and other places that caused a lot of American men to become jobless!
2. What you said is true but don't forget that thanks to feminist policies being implemented, women were being rewarded for their mishaps!
3. I agree
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
And @ nnenne just to bring this back to feminism.. Don't you remember that one the key tenants of feminist theory is female sexual liberation?

gbam.... well enjoy the results.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 9:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
pleep: And @ nnenne just to bring this back to feminism.. Don't you remember that one the key tenants of feminist theory is female sexual liberation?

gbam.... well enjoy the results.

LOL too true!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 10:01pm On Apr 11, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
I really don't want to comment on this thread because of pleep's first statement. But it's a good thread so I'll comment.

If we even agree for one second that the black community mishaps in America is caused by black women, what then is the African male's excuse? Oh yeah the colonial masters - the most 'perfect excuse'. When will the black male be ever responsible for his own actions? Jeeez!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 10:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
The African male has no excuse. But im sick of black women pretending that they have no part in this

Yes African men bleeped up.. but what did you build?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
So much gibberish!!! undecided undecided
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 10:15pm On Apr 11, 2013
stillwater: I really don't want to comment on this thread because of pleep's first statement. But it's a good thread so I'll comment.

If we even agree for one second that the black community mishaps in America is caused by black women, what then is the African male's excuse? Oh yeah the colonial masters - the most 'perfect excuse'. When will the black male be ever responsible for his own actions? Jeeez!

Colonialism does play apart. To say that it doesn't is to deny things like the Congolese genocide and how it still effect the population of the DRC. Ultimately though the buck stops at the leader of a state.
However I still don't get why people keep going about the state of Africa. It's doing quite well. Many economies in Africa are growing, stable population growth etc.
Sure there's corruption and poverty but tell me a country that doesn't have those things?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 10:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
onila: nnenna.1 is so smart smiley

She is smart! And she has mad some very good comments!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 10:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
nnenna is the best female feminist i have debated to date... even though i disagree with her she has not made any logical falacies yet.

Black Kenichi:

Colonialism does play apart. To say that it doesn't is to deny things like the Congolese genocide and how it still effect the population of the DRC. Ultimately though the buck stops at the leader of a state.
However I still don't get why people keep going about the state of Africa. It's doing quite well. Many economies in Africa are growing, stable population growth etc.
Sure there's corruption and poverty but tell me a country that doesn't have those things?
Africa is a shyte-hole bro.... dont sugar coat things
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 10:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 10:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
pleep: nnenna is the best female feminist i have debated to date... even though i disagree with her she has not made any logical falacies yet.

America is not doing well[b] at all[/b]. dont sugar coat things

I know America isn't doing well! wink
So economic growth and stable and sustainable population growth isn't a sign that a country is doing well?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 10:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
i meant africa srry
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 4:02am On Apr 12, 2013
to me feminism benefits ambitious women or women who do not want to be treated like children. I am an ambitious woman and responsible adult so I 100% support it.

of course the white feminist movement of the 50s was different in terms of race. those white women were bored housewives in the suburbs who were dependent on husbands and terribly unhappy. in fact, most of them drug themselves daily with "mother's little helper" the pill valium!!! you can google it. The feminist movement was partially a reaction to that quest for freedom that they sought.

on the other hand, black women have been breadwinners for generations. working tirelessly everyday and most did not understand why a woman with a nice house and picket fence in the surburbs will want to fight for a right to join the work force.
the reality is, black women also face their own challenges. and there are plenty of ways that sexism exists in black society. but blacks weren't able to voice their own angst. or at least they didn't have the kind of platform that whites had. so they had the double whammy of racism +sexism. but all the same, I think feminism is a positive thing.

some still argue that blacks lived better lives as slaves. they had free food, most had nice owners etc. compared to the life they live now, jail, high poverty etc. so should we say that blacks have been duped by freedom?
sometimes, freedom is worth more than gold. that's why I support feminism. although most times you have to fight to keep your rights. women aren't completely free yet.
yea, I will have someone to "protect me" under patriarch. but the price I will pay will be my freedom. I refuse to be live perpetually like a dependent child.
who ever doesn't like it can move to iraq. where a woman can't even walk the street without being supervised by a man. your choice.
Imagine all the things like wife-beating will come back full force. if not for feminist movement. so many things that women take for granted nowadays.

you only have to read some literature to see the way women lived back then and think about if you will be ok with living that kind of life. esp taking for granted what we have so far.

no thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 4:08am On Apr 12, 2013
The wife beating etc etc, is highly exaggerated. That was never socially acceptable in the west, even when it was legal. Feminists also never tell you that while it was legal for a man to beat his wife...

It was also legal for the state to hang him for her crimes.

Feminism is all about telling half-truths to create an unrealistic image of gender relations throughout history.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by solomon111(m): 4:15am On Apr 12, 2013
Black Kenichi:

I know America isn't doing well! wink
So economic growth and stable and sustainable population growth isn't a sign that a country is doing well?
so what then is a sign of a country doing well?
A perfect utopian system like your america?
Lol.

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 4:16am On Apr 12, 2013
pleep: The wife beating etc etc, is highly exaggerated. That was never socially acceptable in the west, even when it was legal. Feminists also never tell you that while it was legal for a man to beat his wife...

It was also legal for the state to hang him for her crimes.

Feminism is all about telling half-truths to create an unrealistic image of gender relations throughout history.

LOL please don't make me laugh in chinese.
yes western men are generally more civilized and humane and don't beat their wives and kids as much as african. but the point remains. the white women didn't like been beaten (even if the beatings were infrequent compared to black women) and demeaned.

and this is another reason why i say the issues black women face are different or even much worse in terms of sexism. black women are exposed more to physical and sex[size=1pt].[/size]ual violence. compared to maybe white women whose main complaint was lack of freedom. etc.
all the same, the idea is that grown women do not want to live/be treated like kids! jeez

are there patriarchical husbands who are every woman's dream? i'm sure.
were there slave owners who were every black slave's dreams? sure.
but does that make slavery right? NO.
neither does it make male domination right.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 4:21am On Apr 12, 2013
well, ive never seen a woman get hit that didn't start the fight first, so dont give me your wa-wa story.

@"laugh in chinese" laugh in W/E language you want... dafuq does that mean?

As for the black women issue... in the U.S black women are basically free from black men. Legally, financially and emotionally if they want. So they have nothing to whine about...

The black community in the U.S is basically a matriarchy
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 4:23am On Apr 12, 2013
^ I love how you are trivializing all my points. haha

replace woman with child. and you will see my point being that women were treated like children!
they had curfews and what not, had to ask permission to visit friends, had to even ask permission to buy sanitary pads. God forbid bad thing.

yea women are physically smaller than men but we don't live in hunter-gatherer society anymore.besides our child-bearing capabilities more than compensates for that.
look at the whole abortion issue in USA poliics. really all about trying to control women's wombs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 4:29am On Apr 12, 2013
@c.fours:

How have men "dominated" over women throughout history?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 4:29am On Apr 12, 2013
Black Kenichi: @c.fours:

How have men "dominated" over women throughout history?

is this even a question? or are you that ignorant?

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 4:30am On Apr 12, 2013
c.fours:

is this a question? or are you that ignorant?

That's a real question. Now explain!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 4:37am On Apr 12, 2013
c.fours:

replace woman with child. and you will see my point being that women were treated like children!
they had curfews and what not, had to ask permission to visit friends, had to even ask permission to buy sanitary pads. God forbid bad thing.

yea women are physically smaller than men but we don't live in hunter-gatherer society anymore.besides our child-bearing capabilities more than compensates for that.
look at the whole abortion issue in USA poliics. really all about trying to control women's wombs.
Maybe when women create a male contraceptive pill you can control it.

All that is just entitlements... are you really shocked that there are some people who don't think you should be entitled to free birth control? (im actually in support because of population control).... I mean grow the hell up if you don't want to be treated like children. Not everything is an evil mysogenist attack on your wombs....

And all these exaggerations are pathetic. Why don't you go read some 18th century literature, maybe then you would notice that a good deal of women lived comfortable and relatively automomous lives if they wanted to. All your stories about sanitary pads bla bla are inaccurate feminist horror stories. I guarantee that if you lived back then you would much rather prefer to live at home with your kids than labor in some coal mine with a 25% mortality rate

If women were so "oppressed" why did so many civilizations have female rulers, like Cathrine the Great or Queen Elizabeth?

There is no modern injustice against women that is not balanced out... Yea you want to abort your babies,(i feel ya) but atleast you have control over reproduction, (past a condom) and don't have to pay child support for 18 years based on the whim of the opposite gender.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:39am On Apr 12, 2013
c.fours:

WHERE IN AFRICA WOMEN HAD/HAVE CURFEWS?

2 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:46am On Apr 12, 2013
c.fours:

LOL please don't make me laugh in chinese.
yes western men are generally more civilized and humane and don't beat their wives and kids as much as african
. but the point remains. the white women didn't like been beaten (even if the beatings were infrequent compared to black women) and demeaned.

and this is another reason why i say the issues black women face are different or even much worse in terms of sexism. black women are exposed more to physical and sex[size=1pt].[/size]ual violence. compared to maybe white women whose main complaint was lack of freedom. etc.
all the same, the idea is that grown women do not want to live/be treated like kids! jeez

are there patriarchical husbands who are every woman's dream? i'm sure.
were there slave owners who were every black slave's dreams? sure.
but does that make slavery right? NO.
neither does it make male domination right.

PATHETIC.

ARE YOU FOR THE COLONIZATION? SINCE WE ARE LESS CIVILIZED grin grin

BLACK WOMEN CAN'T B FEMINIST, YOU CAN'T ADOPT AN IDEOLOGY THAT WASN'T MEANT FOR YOU.

BESIDES YOU NEED SOME GOOD HISTORY LESSONS MANY IF NOT MOST AFRICAN SOCIETY WERE "MATRIARCHAL" BEFORE THE COLONIZATION/INVASION

AFRICAN AREN'T STUPID WHEN THEY SAY ONLY A WOMAN KNOWS WHO IS THE FATHER OF HIS CHILD.

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 4:47am On Apr 12, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

WHERE IN AFRICA WOMEN HAD/HAVE CURFEWS?

do you even know what curfew means?
do you think it will be ok for a woman to come back home at 10pm and the husband will not beat her senselessly.
compared to a man coming home at the same time etc same kind of curfew you would place on your kids.
i'm sure things are changing now. especially in families where women are head of households and make more money than their husbands. that way they are freer to make choices.

of course in parts of africa that aren't influenced by the western ideas ,mostly muslim states, there are actual state curfews. ridiculous

2 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:50am On Apr 12, 2013
c.fours:

do you think it will be ok for a woman to come back home at 10pm and the husband will not beat her senselessly.
compared to a man coming home at the same time etc same kind of curfew you would place on your kids.
i'm sure things are changing now. especially in families where women are head of households and make more money than their husbands. that way they are freer to make choices.

IT WON'T B OKAY BECAUSE THE MAN SAID SO OR BECAUSE SHE KNOWS SHE HAS SOME RESPONSIBILITIES?

AND STOP ASKING USELESS QUESTIONS. WHERE IN AFRICA WOMEN HAD/HAVE CURFEWS?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:53am On Apr 12, 2013
c.fours:

of course in parts of africa that aren't influenced by the western ideas ,mostly muslim states, there are actual state curfews. ridiculous

IS ISLAM PART OF AFRICA? DO YOU KNOW WHEN ISLAM ENTERED IN AFRICA? ESP WEST AFRICA?

BY THE WAY EVERY MUSLIM COUNTRIES OR STATES DON'T HAVE SHARIA LAWS...ACTUALLY WHERE I'M FROM WE HAVE MUSLIMS AND NO SHARIA LAWS OR CURFEWS.I PARTY WITH MY MUSLIMS FEMALE FRIENDS.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 4:55am On Apr 12, 2013
please CAM, stop with the caps locks... lets keep this thread professional.

lol..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! / Akobi Crescent, Surulere After Rain Today (Photo) / If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.