Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Should I Compromise? ??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Compromise? ??? (1293 Views)

Compromise: Where Do We Draw The Line / When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake / I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Compromise? ??? by eNKe1: 8:12pm On Apr 11, 2013
SO,
Here's the deal: am in a relationship with a girl I like. She's cool and all. But there's one thing; one of several. She is religious; and she could be quite superstitious.
My thoughts have always been to marry someone who's more like me: irreligious, non-superstitious, independent, rational and ambitious. But we all know how difficult it is finding a Nigerian girl who is not religious. My bet is, it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a Nigerian girl to renounce religion and all that has to do with it.
In the light of these difficulties, my only option is to compromise. That is, go with this girl I like, who is nevertheless so religious that we'll probably separate from each other in only a few years. Her religion drives me crazy; all religions drive me crazy.
So, I have got no option at this moment. I'll probably walk down the aisle with her, in the event I'm unable to find someone saner.
So, am out here looking for someone saner. . . .for only a period of time. You can reach me, if you are a sane, irreligious girl. Only for a while though, before I eventually make this crushing decision I'm bound to regret.
Thanks.

In case you are wondering, I was born in the late 80's
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by thorpido(m): 10:55pm On Apr 11, 2013
Keep wandering in the wilderness!
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by MrCork17: 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
eNKe!:
SO,
Here's the deal: am in a relationship with a girl I like. She's cool and all. But there's one thing; one of several. She is religious; and she could be quite superstitious.
My thoughts have always been to marry someone who's more like me: irreligious, non-superstitious, independent, rational and ambitious. But we all know how difficult it is finding a Nigerian girl who is not religious. My bet is, it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a Nigerian girl to renounce religion and all that has to do with it.
In the light of these difficulties, my only option is to compromise. That is, go with this girl I like, who is nevertheless so religious that we'll probably separate from each other in only a few years. Her religion drives me crazy; all religions drive me crazy.
So, I have got no option at this moment. I'll probably walk down the aisle with her, in the event I'm unable to find someone saner.
So, am out here looking for someone saner. . . .for only a period of time. You can reach me on atheistictendencies@gmail.com, if you are a sane, irreligious girl. Only for a while though, before I eventually make this crushing decision I'm bound to regret.
Thanks.

In case you are wondering, I was born in the late 80's

.. she Nigerian? angry
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
If you know you can't take it right now, don't waste her time. Don't waste yours either. Don't marry her if you think you'll divorce later because of the religious difference. There're plenty of women out there who aren't religious. It really doesn't make any sense to be out looking for someone else when you're still with her. Let her go, then find someone with similar beliefs to yours. And she can find someone on par with hers.
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by eNKe1: 12:33am On Apr 12, 2013
thorpido: Keep wandering in the wilderness!
Okay. I will. Thanks
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by eNKe1: 12:34am On Apr 12, 2013
Mr..Cork:

.. she Nigerian? angry
Yea, she's Nigerian.
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by eNKe1: 12:35am On Apr 12, 2013
Yield: If you know you can't take it right now, don't waste her time. Don't waste yours either. Don't marry her if you think you'll divorce later because of the religious difference. There're plenty of women out there who aren't religious. It really doesn't make any sense to be out looking for someone else when you're still with her. Let her go, then find someone with similar beliefs to yours. And she can find someone on par with hers.
I do agree with you. But it's not like I've got a choice right now.
We may not divorce; or we may. The chances are higher, as I believe her religion will probably drive me crazy.
I'll consider your advice. Thanks
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by SimplYeahmee(m): 7:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
There's no point in deceiving yourself.
Compare and contrast:
She's religious, Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ are not
She's superstitious, Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ are not.
She wants a calm guy, Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ want a crazy lady.

There's no point of the relationship, her religiousness drives Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ crazy, what makes Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ think Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ can last in marriage.
It's better Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ severe the relationship now because both of Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ are jst deceiving one another. Are Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ expecting her to drop her religion because of Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ or is she expecting Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ to bcom religious overnight.
Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ are both jst wasting each other's time, so ℓ̊ suggest Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ just end it b4 Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ both ruin each other's lives.
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by Kosigift(f): 9:25pm On Apr 12, 2013
eNKe!:

I do agree with you. But it's not like I've got a choice right now.
We may not divorce; or we may. The chances are higher, as I believe her religion will probably drive me crazy.
I'll consider your advice. Thanks
Dearie u've got choices, she's not d last single lady standing. Why would u want to enter d union knowing fully well it isn't worth it judging by ur standards?
This is what any reasonable person in ur shoe will do:leave d girl den find anoda who isn't religious. Kini big deal?
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by Scarpon(m): 10:40pm On Apr 12, 2013
all this kind grammar sef
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2013
SimplYeahmee: There's no point in deceiving yourself.
Compare and contrast:
She's religious, Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ are not
She's superstitious, Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ are not.
She wants a calm guy, Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ want a crazy lady.

There's no point of the relationship, her religiousness drives Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ crazy, what makes Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ think Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ can last in marriage.
It's better Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ severe the relationship now because both of Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ are jst deceiving one another. Are Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ expecting her to drop her religion because of Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ or is she expecting Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ to bcom religious overnight.
Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ are both jst wasting each other's time, so ℓ̊ suggest Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ just end it b4 Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ both ruin each other's lives.

stop typin with all this bb dumb fonts or wurreva....smh
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by MrCork17: 1:42pm On Apr 13, 2013
eNKe!:

Yea, she's Nigerian.

..huh, drive her away...u dont like half cast womens? undecided
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by eNKe1: 2:17am On Apr 15, 2013
Kosigift: Dearie u've got choices, she's not d last single lady standing. Why would u want to enter d union knowing fully well it isn't worth it judging by ur standards?
This is what any reasonable person in ur shoe will do:leave d girl den find anoda who isn't religious. Kini big deal?
Good suggestion. But where in the world can one find a Nigerian girl who is non-religious? That's like wanting a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. Pretty much the reason am at loss as to what to do.
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by eNKe1: 2:18am On Apr 15, 2013
Mr..Cork:

..huh, drive her away...u dont like half cast womens? undecided
I actually do. How much Nigerian is a Nigerian mulatto, though? I think I should consider this option more. Thanks, bro.
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by 190: 2:26am On Apr 15, 2013
eNKe!:

I actually do. How much Nigerian is a Nigerian mulatto, though? I think I should consider this option more. Thanks, bro.

cool cool
Re: Should I Compromise? ??? by Kosigift(f): 8:58am On Apr 16, 2013
eNKe!:

Good suggestion. But where in the world can one find a Nigerian girl who is non-religious? That's like wanting a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. Pretty much the reason am at loss as to what to do.

when u talk of being religious, there are so many Nigerian girls dat are not! I sense ur fear is whether it is possible 2 find a non-religious girl who is equally well behaved! If my gues is rite den i suggest u set ur priorities right. Know exactly wot u want and go for it.

(1) (Reply)

8 Reasons Why Guys End Great Relationships / How To Make Someone Regret Breaking Up With You / I Don't Drink Alcohol But She Does.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.