Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Evil Confirms Absence Of God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evil Confirms Absence Of God. (3879 Views)

Absence From Court: TB Joshua Speaks After Failing To Be At The Court / Death Is Not The Opposite Of Life, It Simply Is The Absence Of It. / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Kay17: 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2013
God embodies good = perfection. Perfect free will = total freewill. By the act of creation, God lends out his good nature. Hence a perfect Creator begets a perfect creation.

On the other hand,

Evil is the opposition/nullification to the inherent and natural aspirations/purpose of Creation.

Evil is structural defect of Creation, it is a nullification/contradiction of inherent purpose and design. It is damage. Its existence is an inconsistency of the Christian God and Freewill. Evil in fact deprives free will. Evil is imbibed in our cultures and environment, it conditioned into us, distorts our experience to graduate to Evil. It overrides our emotions and feelings.

Evil is encompassing, it is beyond the control of the individual. We are forced to consider necessary evils.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
Kay 17: God embodies good = perfection. Perfect free will = total freewill. By the act of creation, God lends out his good nature. Hence a perfect Creator begets a perfect creation.

On the other hand,

Evil is the opposition/nullification to the inherent and natural aspirations/purpose of Creation.

Evil is structural defect of Creation, it is a nullification/contradiction of inherent purpose and design. It is damage. Its existence is an inconsistency of the Christian God and Freewill. Evil in fact deprives free will. Evil is imbibed in our cultures and environment, it conditioned into us, distorts our experience to graduate to Evil.

Evil is encompassing, it is beyond the control of the individual. We are forced to consider necessary evils.

If God embodied perfection his " creations" would be perfect. He claimed he was a jealous God which we all know is imperfection. He committed several atrocities against his own chosen people which we could term as barbaric. Perhaps you need to learn more about your bible before making absurd conclusions. A perfect God would not need to creat humans to make him feel good or complete..

Moreover he claimed he also created evil= what a manipulator

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by pictures: 8:25pm On Apr 12, 2013
God allowed evil to test the heart and loyalty of man,whether man is loyal
to the devil or to Him.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by omotodun1(m): 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2013
^
Why would God need to test for something? He is God, so shouldn't he automatically know the outcome?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 12, 2013
ọmọ_τó_dùn: ^
Why would God need to test for something? He is God, so shouldn't he automatically know the outcome?

Abi o.....
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2013

ifeness:

Abi o.....

So if you never commited a crime and you were punished for it because you were "going to/ predicted to" commit the crime 10 years down the road (without giving you a chance to choose for yourself whether you are trully going to)...is that a situation you would prefer? Thank God he does not judge based on "Minority Report" grin
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by omotodun1(m): 9:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
2buff: So if you never commited a crime and you were punished for it because you were "going to/ predicted to" commit the crime 10 years down the road (without giving you a chance to choose for yourself whether you are trully going to)...is that a situation you would prefer? Thank God he does not judge based on "Minority Report" grin

But God knows if you will change or not, so your point is moot.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 12, 2013
ọmọ_τó_dùn:

But God knows if you will change or not, so your point is moot.

But do YOU know? That is the question.
In trying to sound smart with yourself you have completely missed the point you have so called deemed "moot".
God is a just judge. He will not punish you for something you have not done.
He will judge you based on what you have done, so the likes of you can have no reason to say "I have been unfairly judged!".

Go and watch the movie Minority Report and stop loving the smell of your own mind-farts here. undecided

1 Like

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by omotodun1(m): 11:45pm On Apr 12, 2013
^
Suppose that God knows that at 2:00PM tomorrow, I will kill my girlfriend. If I am given the chance to "choose" for myself, like you claimed, then there are two options:

1) I go ahead and "choose" to kill her, fulfilling the what God saw.
2) I choose not to kill her. (This would mean that what God saw did not come to pass; ergo, he is not omniscient.

Ultimately, whether or not I know, I will still choose to kill her because that is what God saw. I have no options. The desires of God must surely come to pass!
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 12, 2013
Suppose that God knows that at 2:00PM tomorrow, I will kill my girlfriend. If I am given the chance to "choose" for myself, like you claimed, then there are two options:

1) I go ahead and "choose" to kill her, fulfilling the what God saw.
2) I choose not to kill her. (This would mean that what God saw did not come to pass; ergo, he is not omniscient.

Ultimately, whether or not I know, I will still choose to kill her because that is what God saw. I have no options. The desires of God must surely come to pass!

Are you trying to kill your girlfriend and blame it on "the will of God"? or to steal and call it "the will of God" because it happened? Do you not have your own free will? Omo go and sleep.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by omotodun1(m): 11:49pm On Apr 12, 2013
2buff: Go and watch the movie Minority Report and stop loving the smell of your own mind-farts here. undecided

First, thank you very much for insulting me.

Second I have seen the movie. The precogs were not God! Sometimes they do not agree, and when this happens data on the two reports which agree are the ones given out. The "minority report", reflecting the potential future where a predicted killer would have done something different, is discarded.

God does not have a minority report; the future He sees is absolute. That is, you can only do what He sees.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by omotodun1(m): 11:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
2buff: Are you trying to kill your girlfriend and blame it on "the will of God"? or to steal and call it "the will of God" because it happened? Do you not have your own free will? Omo go and sleep.

Isn't God omniscient? God knows all. Of course, He already knew what I was going to do before I was born. Did Peter have a choice in not denying Jesus three times? If Peter had chosen not to, then Jesus's words wouldn't have come to pass, thus making Jesus a liar.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 13, 2013
ọmọ_τó_dùn:

First, thank you very much for insulting me.

Second I have seen the movie. The precogs were not God! Sometimes they do not agree, and when this happens data on the two reports which agree are the ones given out. The "minority report", reflecting the potential future where a predicted killer would have done something different, is discarded.

God does not have a minority report; the future He sees is absolute. That is, you can only do what He sees.

Here is some insight.

When Elijah was getting frustrated and saying "Oh God they have killed all the prophets. I am the only one left" God told him, no that he had many others. When God says a thing, it must be done. People fall off the will of God everyday, but another is simply raised to take his place till that will is accomplished...or God will come down and do it himself! So indeed the future he sees IS absolute.

It is in practice of our free will that we choose to do or not do the will of God. But rest assured, someone WILL do it. If you are chosen, you get your chance.

Either way, neither you or I can ever fully understand God's mind. Why not leave it at that and devote your frail mind to other things? Like determining what it is you should be doing with your life
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by omotodun1(m): 12:09am On Apr 13, 2013
^
You should be a politician. Every single issue I raised you have sidestepped. That is not unexpected. The omniscience of God is an intrinsic difficulty for any religion, especially Christianity. Omniscience and freewill cannot coexist, for how can the latter exist if any decisions are predetermined.

I determined what I wanted to do with my life since I was a preteen. Once again, you intelligently made another wrong assumption. I don't expect you not to dance around the points I raised. This is not about God's mind; it is about simple logic. His omniscience makes our existence meaningless. That, you cannot argue. I expect another round of insults and unrelated points from you. Fire away.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Blacklight: 12:10am On Apr 13, 2013
2buff:

So if you never commited a crime and you were punished for it because you were "going to/ predicted to" commit the crime 10 years down the road (without giving you a chance to choose for yourself whether you are trully going to)...is that a situation you would prefer? Thank God he does not judge based on "Minority Report" grin

If you were a judge who knew, as an omniscient judge must, that, say Hitler irrespective and/or in the exercise of his freewill will perpetuate the Holocaust 10 years down the road, will you prefer to let him off satisfied that you have done the right thing? Unless, of course, you suggest that omniscience doesn't invalidate freewill and vice versa. You might also want to claim that the Holocaust could yet serve humanity a larger purpose, if it hasn't already done so.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by wiegraf: 12:15am On Apr 13, 2013
2buff:

In trying to sound smart with yourself you have completely missed the point you have so called deemed "moot".
He will judge you based on what you have done, so the likes of you can have no reason to say "I have been unfairly judged!".

Go and watch the movie Minority Report and stop loving the smell of your own mind-farts here. undecided

Do you know what mind-farts are?
If your god told me I would nyash beyonce tomorrow and it comes to pass that I don't, does he remain omniscient?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 13, 2013
2buff:

Supposing God knows humans will find out his hiding place and eventually eradicate him. My will is my will not Gods will! God knows nothing,if he knew he wouldn't create humans.

After reading the bible "myself" i noticed God is not singular; "let us create man in our own image" For a being to force others to worship him,knocking down the tower of babel is an evidence of FEAR. I do not believe in the existence of an omnipotent,omniscience bible God. It was only a creation of some control freaks who try to control humanity.

Evil is the opposite of Good,both will not exist without the other. It is your choice to call Evil satan and Good god....... Depending on how properly educated you are.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by cyrexx: 5:50am On Apr 13, 2013
Ye religionists, I have this to tell you...

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by omotodun1(m): 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
Bump.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by ghostofsparta(m): 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2013
This thread is interestingly intelligent.

Supposing there is truly an ominiscient God of the Bible. Supposing robots/androids/cyborgs have now been perfected to such state their A.I. is in par with that of humans, they could think and reason for themselves like us. Would God have predetermined their fate and have their mind read before their action? ? ?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by MrTroll(m): 11:39pm On Nov 16, 2013
cyrexx: Ye religionists, I have this to tell you...
you misunderstand you heathen. you are just looking for an excuse to disprove God in order to continue sinning. pls repent so that you will not go to hell. heaven is real, hell is real. a fool has said in his heart...
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by plaetton: 11:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
2buff:

Sir,
I think you missed the part in the bible where god says that he will punish unto the 7th generation of those that defy him.
That is clearly worse than pre-crime, or the minority report scenario that you are referring to.
Here, god vows to punish people who have not even been born for a crime committed before their great great grand parents even met.

How do you explain that?.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by plaetton: 11:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
2buff:

Here is some insight.

When Elijah was getting frustrated and saying "Oh God they have killed all the prophets. I am the only one left" God told him, no that he had many others. When God says a thing, it must be done. People fall off the will of God everyday, but another is simply raised to take his place till that will is accomplished...or God will come down and do it himself! So indeed the future he sees IS absolute.

It is in practice of our free will that we choose to do or not do the will of God. But rest assured, someone WILL do it. If you are chosen, you get your chance.

Either way, neither you or I can ever fully understand God's mind. Why not leave it at that and devote your frail mind to other things? Like determining what it is you should be doing with your life

There he goes with that old song.

If no one can fully understand the mind of god, then writing the bible was a big waste of time, and reading it is an even bigger waste of time.
That makes religion redundant, and those priests, pastors and MOGs are confirmed fraudsters.
Do you agree?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by MrTroll(m): 11:58pm On Nov 16, 2013
plaetton:

Sir,
I think you missed the part in the bible where god says that he will punish unto the 7th generation of those that defy him.
That is clearly worse than pre-crime, or the minority report scenario that you are referring to.
Here, god vows to punish people who have not even been born for a crime committed before their great great grand parents even met.

How do you explain that?.

1 Like

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by plaetton: 12:12am On Nov 17, 2013
^^^

shockedgrin cheesy

lol.
God is great!

1 Like

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by MrTroll(m): 1:43am On Nov 17, 2013
plaetton: ^^^

shockedgrin cheesy

lol.
God is great!
grin grin grin
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 3:38am On Nov 17, 2013
What makes anyone think that God, if it exists, is, or should be either moral or immoral, in the human sense?

Is God, if it exists, expected to be a human being?

If you say that God does not exist, fine. But if you agree that God, if it exists, would not be a human being, then why ascribe human moral standards to it, or judge it by human morailty?

When a lion kills lion cubs in taking over a pride, do you accuse him of murder and then sentence him to the electric chair? You do not. Why? Because he is not human and has a different moral paradigm, if any at all.

You consider the lion lower than you. You agree that God, if it exists, would be higher than you. If you cannot judge that which is lower based on your human standards of morailty, how can you judge that which is higher based on your human standards of morality.

Think again.

3 Likes

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 4:54am On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight: What makes anyone think that God, if it exists, is, or should be either moral or immoral, in the human sense?

Is God, if it exists, expected to be a human being?

If you say that God does not exist, fine. But if you agree that God, if it exists, would not be a human being, then why ascribe human moral standards to it, or judge it by human morailty?

When a lion kills lion cubs in taking over a pride, do you accuse him of murder and then sentence him to the electric chair? You do not. Why? Because he is not human and has a different moral paradigm, if any at all.

You consider the lion lower than you. You agree that God, if it exists, would be higher than you. If you cannot judge that which is lower based on your human standards of morailty, how can you judge that which is higher based on your human standards of morality.

Think again.

Well argued point but you forget the consequences of your argument

1) God then has no say in our morality, just as we cant preach vegetarianism to a lion so it wouldnt kill. The lion is wired to kill, and we are subject to our reasoning ability. If God operates on a different moral level, he is then useless to us when it comes to morality......

2) You are claiming that there is a higher morality (God's morality) which we can not understand. That is an argument from ignorance because you dont know and cant know if it exists because it would be far beyond your senses.The same way a lion wouldnt understand the nuance of human rights

3 Likes

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 5:43am On Nov 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Well argued point but you forget the consequences of your argument

1) God then has no say in our morality, just as we cant preach vegetarianism to a lion so it wouldn't kill. The lion is wired to kill, and we are subject to our reasoning ability. If God operates on a different moral level, he is then useless to us when it comes to morality......

2) You are claiming that there is a higher morality (God's morality) which we can not understand. That is an argument from ignorance because you dont know and cant know if it exists because it would be far beyond your senses.The same way a lion wouldn't understand the nuance of human rights

Logicboy, at last, well done!

Finally, I have lived to see the day you have made a proper and intelligent response. I am pleased. You have valid points here.

However, I would direct you towards that which I really did seek to say, by my argument -

Deep Sight: What makes anyone think that God, if it exists, is, or should be either moral or immoral, in the human sense?

If God exists, it cannot be expected to be human. It therefore would super-exceed human morality. It would be in the position super-sight - a position where consequences and karma render justice unbeknownst to the receivers of said justice. In the position of a government that sees, for example, the treachery of espionage, as a lesser evil than the success of terrorism - and is therefore disposed to employ that same treachery to eliminate that same terrorism. It would be in a position to see the bigger picture - and understand moral dilemmas which would be opaque to us.

I kill one man - a righteous man even, to save many. This happens. And may not be immoral.

Now let me come to your points more specifically - >

God then has no say in our morality, just as we cant preach vegetarianism to a lion so it wouldnt kill. The lion is wired to kill, and we are subject to our reasoning ability. If God operates on a different moral level, he is then useless to us when it comes to morality......

Completely agree that God would then have no say in our morality - - - >

- - -> Just as surely as our morality would have no bearing on the existence or non existence (and nature of) God!

This is a cardinal point to show that arguments on God's morality or lack thereof, do not, and cannot, serve as arguments against the existence of God.

Just as surely my dear, as arguments against your morality, or lack thereof, cannot serve as arguments against your existence.

- - -> And just as surely as our morality would have no bearing on the philosophical question of the existence of a first cause. Evil first cause, or good first cause, no matter - - -> technically, our morality cannot, alone, by itself, ever be sufficient grounds to disprove the existence of a logical first cause - even if he (or "she" or "it" ) be Count Dracula.

You are claiming that there is a higher morality (God's morality) which we can not understand. That is an argument from ignorance because you dont know and cant know if it exists because it would be far beyond your senses.The same way a lion wouldnt understand the nuance of human rights

Another excellent point - as far as morality is concerned - but which is not the question here.

And which, however, does nothing to argue against a first cause.

However note that I am simply asking you how and why you could use human morality to judge an entity that is not human. As is the case with the Lion, does this make sense to you?

And as you accept the Lion to be a lower creature than you, and as you accept God (if it exists) to be a higher being or entity than you, does it not also make sense to agree that while the Lion's morality is incomprehensible to you, as it is lower, God's (if it exists) morality would be higher, and therefore incomprehensible to you - thereby removing it from the realm of your judgment or capacity to judge, yea or nay?

Does it not make sense to agree that while the Lion's morality may be lower than yours, God's (if it exists) would be higher?

You are, here, arguing against the morality of God and not the existence of God.

My primary argument with you (and with all atheists) is the philosophical question of the existence of God, and NOT the morality of God.

For all you care, the first cause (God) could be evil. Or amoral. This does nothing to taint the existence or non existence of God.

And if God (if it exists) is evil, then (if it exists) you best tailor yourself along its evil principles.

Like the Lion.

1 Like

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 6:10am On Nov 17, 2013
O, and in digesting my post above, remember the title of the OP.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 17, 2013
I am not discussing the existence of God......just morality.

The simple argument against the existence of God is that there is no single shred of evidence for God. Everything we know so far is a result of the scientific method. If your God cant be tested by science or at least the 5 senses.......there is no reason to believe in his exist existence

1 Like

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by plaetton: 6:50am On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

Logicboy, at last, well done!

Finally, I have lived to see the day you have made a proper and intelligent response. I am pleased. You have valid points here.

However, I would direct you towards that which I really did seek to say, by my argument -

If God exists, it cannot be expected to be human. It therefore would super-exceed human morality. It would be in the position super-sight - a position where consequences and karma render justice unbeknownst to the receivers of said justice. In the position of a government that sees, for example, the treachery of espionage, as a lesser evil than the success of terrorism - and is therefore disposed to employ that same treachery to eliminate that same terrorism. It would be in a position to see the bigger picture - and understand moral dilemmas which would be opaque to us.

I kill one man - a righteous man even, to save many. This happens. And may not be immoral.

Now let me come to your points more specifically - >

Completely agree that God would then have no say in our morality - - - >

- - -> Just as surely as our morality would have no bearing on the existence or non existence (and nature of) God!

This is a cardinal point to show that arguments on God's morality or lack thereof, do not, and cannot, serve as arguments against the existence of God.

Just as surely my dear, as arguments against your morality, or lack thereof, cannot serve as arguments against your existence.

- - -> And just as surely as our morality would have no bearing on the philosophical question of the existence of a first cause. Evil first cause, or good first cause, no matter - - -> technically, our morality cannot, alone, by itself, ever be sufficient grounds to disprove the existence of a logical first cause - even if he (or "she" or "it" ) be Count Dracula.

Another excellent point - as far as morality is concerned - but which is not the question here.

And which, however, does nothing to argue against a first cause.

However note that I am simply asking you how and why you could use human morality to judge an entity that is not human. As is the case with the Lion, does this make sense to you?

And as you accept the Lion to be a lower creature than you, and as you accept God (if it exists) to be a higher being or entity than you, does it not also make sense to agree that while the Lion's morality is incomprehensible to you, as it is lower, God's (if it exists) morality would be higher, and therefore incomprehensible to you - thereby removing it from the realm of your judgment or capacity to judge, yea or nay?

Does it not make sense to agree that while the Lion's morality may be lower than yours, God's (if it exists) would be higher?

You are, here, arguing against the morality of God and not the existence of God.

My primary argument with you (and with all atheists) is the philosophical question of the existence of God, and NOT the morality of God.

For all you care, the first cause (God) could be evil. Or amoral. This does nothing to taint the existence or non existence of God.

And if God (if it exists) is evil, then (if it exists) you best tailor yourself along its evil principles.

Like the Lion.

Do not forget sir, that the most important reasons we are told to come closer to and embrace god is that he is said to be just, kind, loving, and forgiving.
These are human attributes used by people of faith to cement their faith, and also in reaching out to unbelievers.
So, when god is sold to us a complete package that contains the highest elements of human morality, then we have to begin to question that morality in the context of biblical narratives.

Since we do not believe in the existence of god, we only point out to those that believe, the alarming moral contradictions of their belief.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Facts About Divorce & Dating/Marrying A Divorcee / Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? / A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.