Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,310 members, 7,954,243 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:13 PM

Evil Confirms Absence Of God. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evil Confirms Absence Of God. (4017 Views)

Absence From Court: TB Joshua Speaks After Failing To Be At The Court / Death Is Not The Opposite Of Life, It Simply Is The Absence Of It. / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Joshthefirst(m): 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

There is no such thing as a physical being? I see Joshthefirst has educated you on willful ignorance grin grin grin
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

Yes indeed, we are twisting plaetton's very sensible point of view -

As he contends - - ->

1. The mind being subjective, the five senses cannot be trusted to disclose objective realities.

2. He yet uses science, which relies entirely on the mind and the five senses, to seek and preach objective realities.

Ah. Comedy a la carte!

I am Logicboy, not Plaetton....if you and Joshthelast have anything you disagree with about Plaetton's arguments, take it up with him....

like seriously, must theists be dubious on NL?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

There is no such thing as a physical being?

O yes there is not.

And of course, the significance of my placing the words in distinct colors would naturally be lost on your leathery and well fortified mind.

It is not something I can take up with you, anymore than I can take up astrophysics with a 2 day old baby.

"Physical Being"

Something has to be eternal either way
-If you believe in God as the origin- he is eternal. If God is something....then something is eternal
-If you dont believe in God, you would have to contend with an infinite regress of the past.

A little thought on your own very words herein quoted should be sufficient to cure you of your atheistic delusions.

The big bang doesnt go against an infinte past- all it does is give a timeline of this universe. Millions of things could come before our universe....Simple common sense.

And yet - not a shred, bah?

The millions of things, which, by the way, you infer by assumption also, bah?

Is this a valid rebuttal to the comment about the non-physicality of your God?

The cause of that which is physical could not logically also be physical otherwise it is not the cause of physicality - because, in case you missed that, dumbo, that would mean that physicality already existed.

As such, if matter is held to be caused, as suggested by the ToBB; its cause could not be physical.

My thoughts are a result of a physical organ in my body called the brain.

And it makes these decisions to think for its own enjoyment?

Can you make yourself think, or not?

A thought is not a part of my body.

[size=30pt]WHOA! ! ! ! !

STOP PRESS ! ! ! ! ! !
[/size]
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 1:32pm On Nov 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

I am Logicboy, not Plaetton....if you and Joshthelast have anything you disagree with about Plaetton's arguments, take it up with him....

like seriously, must theists be dubious on NL?

You used, and agreed with, his absurd contentions on subjectivity.

And those contentions obviate everything you say here - and in fact everything you have ever said in your life and will ever say until you die.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin grin grin grin grin grin

Take it easy sir, he's your son after all.

And worthy of a fatherly spanking, too, amigo.

1 Like

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 1:40pm On Nov 17, 2013
Honestly, if people would just settle down and excercise their grey matter on just a little thinking.

Look again at this statement - - - >

Logicboy03:

A thought is not a part of [size=16pt]my[/size] body.

Can anyone see the multiple degrees of denial of materialist atheism contained in these few and simple words?

- - - > LB: Can you tell me why you use the word "my" there - - - > and what does that word connote, what does it per force infer?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by MrTroll(m): 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2013
DS, can we go back and start again from your first reply? you and LB silliness don derail the thread go far. it is now confusing me sef

1 Like

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2013
Mr Troll: DS, can we go back and start again from your first reply? you and LB silliness don derail the thread go far. it is now confusing me sef

Lol. There must be time for s.illiness and play: all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, no?

Now, what do you wish to address? What points exactly, you tell me?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

O yes there is not.

And of course, the significance of my placing the words in distinct colors would naturally be lost on your leathery and well fortified mind.

It is not something I can take up with you, anymore than I can take up astrophysics with a 2 day old baby.

"Physical Being"

A little thought on your own very words herein quoted should be sufficient to cure you of your atheistic delusions.

The cause of that which is physical could not logically also be physical otherwise it is not the cause of physicality - because, in case you missed that, dumbo, that would mean that physicality already existed.

As such, if matter is held to be caused, as suggested by the ToBB; its cause could not be physical.

And it makes these decisions to think for its own enjoyment?

Can you make yourself think, or not?

[size=30pt]WHOA! ! ! ! !

STOP PRESS ! ! ! ! ! !
[/size]

Google "physical being" and see how the phrase is used....

Deep Sight:

The millions of things may or may not have occured..........the point is that the Big bang does not invalidate there being eternal matter since it focuses on the beginning of our universe. You made a false claim
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:
Honestly, if people would just settle down and excercise their grey matter on just a little thinking.

Look again at this statement - - - >

Can anyone see the multiple degrees of denial of materialist atheism contained in these few and simple words?

- - - > LB: Can you tell me why you use the word "my" there - - - > and what does that word connote, what does it per force infer?

This guy just loves to type big words.

Is a simple sentence hard to understand? Thoughts are not part of the body.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2013
^^^

Google?

Lol.

Ol' boy, bone jaare.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:
^^^

Google?

Lol.

Ol' boy, bone jaare.

Be still.......
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Is a simple sentence hard to understand? Thoughts are not part of the body.

1. So you accept that some elements of you (thoughts) are not part of your material body.

2. Why have you moved from "my" body, to "the" body?

Could it be that you see the proprietary claim involved therein.

And o, before you say that "proprietary" is a "big" word, it simply denotes ownership.

And so when you say - my body - - - >

This shows that you recognize yourself as a being that owns a body.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by MrTroll(m): 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight: What makes anyone think that God, if it exists, is, or should be either moral or immoral, in the human sense?

Is God, if it exists, expected to be a human being?
I assume you knew that the OP was specifically talking about the religious gods? most probably the Abrahamic versions? still, considering that you are a deist, i'll proceed with the assumption that you are using the term in the deistic sense.

If you say that God does not exist, fine. But if you agree that God, if it exists, would not be a human being, then why ascribe human moral standards to it, or judge it by human morailty?
read the bible. in fact, this statement has already killed Yahweh and his clones grin grin

When a lion kills lion cubs in taking over a pride, do you accuse him of murder and then sentence him to the electric chair? You do not. Why? Because he is not human and has a different moral paradigm, if any at all.
and therefore god, if he exists should have no business with trying to dictate our morality or trying to judge us based on our own subjective morality. in reality, I don't think YOU should be making this argument...except you will agree that your god is neither good nor evil(which by the way is what we refer to as nature. wink)

You consider the lion lower than you. You agree that God, if it exists, would be higher than you. If you cannot judge that which is lower based on your human standards of morailty, how can you judge that which is higher based on your human standards of morality.

Think again.
if we cannot or should not judge the lion we consider lower than us then god, if he exists should not judge us. or do you think he should?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

1. So you accept that some elements of you (thoughts) are not part of your material body.

2. Why have you moved from "my" body, to "the" body?

Could it be that you see the proprietary claim involved therein.

And o, before you say that "proprietary" is a "big" word, it simply denotes ownership.

And so when you say - my body - - - >

This shows that you recognize yourself as a being that owns a body.

Guy, thoughts are not part of the body...save the sophistry....
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 2:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
Mr Troll: I assume you knew that the OP was specifically talking about the religious gods? most probably the Abrahamic versions? still, considering that you are a deist, i'll proceed with the assumption that you are using the term in the deistic sense.

Even the Abrahamic God escapes your reach of judgment so long as he is not considered to be a human being.

and therefore god, if he exists should have no business with trying to dictate our morality or trying to judge us based on our own subjective morality.

Does God "dictate" your morality?

Is it not the case, in fact, that you have just opened a thread where you argue that human interests dictate morality?

As such, your morality is not "dictated" by God, if it exists, is it?

It rather comes from your own mind, does it not?

in reality, I don't think YOU should be making this argument...except you will agree that your god is neither good nor evil(which by the way is what we refer to as nature. wink)

God, if it exists, would be far too transcendental for me or anyone to circumscribe as moral or immoral in the human sense.

if we cannot or should not judge the lion we consider lower than us then god, if he exists should not judge us. or do you think he should?

1. God, if it exists, would be higher than us.

3. As we, being higher than the lion, know that which is natural to it - - - >

4. God, if it exists, could know that which is natural to us.

Study case/ Small example: A Park Ranger watches over prides of lions in a natural park. He observes a lion killing lion cubs as he takes over a pride. He knows that this is natural for lions. He does nothing about it. However another day he observes a lion killing every single lion that it comes across - male, female, cub - whether of his own pride or not. He knows that this is not natural for lions. He enters the natural park, removes the lion behaving as such, and kills it. Has he acted rightly or wrongly. What are your thoughts, what may be gleaned from this study case/ small example?

In assessing this study case/ small example I have placed above, please remember that the key point is judging a non-human by human morals. As such, if we were to judge lions, we cannot judge them by human morals, can we? We can judge them by "lion morals" however.

So long as we know these "lion morals"

If God exists, it would be higher than human - and therefore know human morals (especially if it is the creator of humans), and be in a position to judge us by human morals.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by MrTroll(m): 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

Even the Abrahamic God escapes your reach of judgment so long as he is not considered to be a human being.

Does God "dictate" your morality?
ask Yahweh proponents. surely you know the arguments they make na abi? all morality come from GOD!!!?

Is it not the case, in fact, that you have just opened a thread where you argue that human interests dictate morality?

As such, your morality is not "dictated" by God, if it exists, is it?

It rather comes from your own mind, does it not?
you know I don't believe in god and therefore my post is not expected to capture the sentiment. this particular thread presupposes the notion that a god exists.

God, if it exists, would be far too transcendental for me or anyone to circumscribe as moral or immoral in the human sense.
did you just agree that god is in fact nature?

1. God, if it exists, would be higher than us.

3. As we, being higher than the lion, know that which is natural to it - - - >

4. God, if it exists, could know that which is natural to us.

In assessing this study case/ small example I have placed above, please remember that the key point is judging a non-human by human morals. As such, if we were to judge lions, we cannot judge them by human morals, can we? We can judge them by "lion morals" however.

So long as we know these "lion morals"

If God exists, it would be higher than human - and therefore know human morals (especially if it is the creator of humans), and be in a position to judge us by human morals.
Now in your example, it will require the park ranger to absolutely know everything there is to know about the behavior of lions (omnixxxxx) which of course is next to impossible. we could say that the park ranger has done right, but what is to say that the lion, by some pristine 'lion instinct' has detected the presence of a deadly virus in the lions it saw and therefore decided to eliminate them to prevent its spread undecided in this case, the park ranger will have inadvertently caused more harm than good. for any being to fully be in a position judge absolutely correctly the morals of any other being not related to it, then it will have to be totally knowledgeable about it, which brings us to the omniscience question....
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 3:13pm On Nov 17, 2013
Mr Troll:
Now in your example, it will require the park ranger to absolutely know everything there is to know about the behavior of lions (omnixxxxx) which of course is next to impossible. we could say that the park ranger has done right, but what is to say that the lion, by some pristine 'lion instinct' has detected the presence of a deadly virus in the lions it saw and therefore decided to eliminate them to prevent its spread undecided in this case, the park ranger will have inadvertently caused more harm than good. for any being to fully be in a position judge absolutely correctly the morals of any other being not related to it, then it will have to be totally knowledgeable about it, which brings us to the omniscience question....

And the position of God, if it exists, as creator, resolves your conundrum.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by MrTroll(m): 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

And the position of God, if it exists, as creator, resolves your conundrum.
and bring another conundrum of omniscience and freewill? cheesy

Edit: except its not sentient? undecided
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 3:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
Mr Troll: and bring another conundrum of omniscience and freewill? cheesy

Edit: except its not sentient? undecided

I see the error everywhere: where people conflate knowing what you will do, with being the one to have made you do it.

Even you, a mere mortal, know some people so well, that you can accurately predict their reaction to certain situations. This does not mean that you dictated those reactions. Mere mortal human parents would often accurately predict what their children would do. Because they know the child very well.

Therefore saying that God has such a transcendent view of every component of your being, that it knows what you will do, is not the same thing as saying that it made you do it, or that it was not your choice, to do it.

Nor does this obviate the need for your own experiencing within the world: otherwise you would not be what you are.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by beejaay: 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight: What makes anyone think that God, if it exists, is, or should be either moral or immoral, in the human sense?

Is God, if it exists, expected to be a human being?

If you say that God does not exist, fine. But if you agree that God, if it exists, would not be a human being, then why ascribe human moral standards to it, or judge it by human morailty?

When a lion kills lion cubs in taking over a pride, do you accuse him of murder and then sentence him to the electric chair? You do not. Why? Because he is not human and has a different moral paradigm, if any at all.

You consider the lion lower than you. You agree that God, if it exists, would be higher than you. If you cannot judge that which is lower based on your human standards of morailty, how can you judge that which is higher based on your human standards of morality.

Think again.

this is classical put.. pls sir can i post this on my wallssssssssssss?(i have already posted it though)
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by plaetton: 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ishilove: So sick of all these kinds of threads

Then go and hug your teddybear.
tongue
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by plaetton: 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: Gods plan was man fellowshipping with him.

God did not plan mans fall. God foresaw man's fall and planned for a saviour.

What god created the universe for man, and the created man for the purpose of fellowshipping with him?

What in the universe does fellowshipping mean?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by MrTroll(m): 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

I see the error everywhere: where people conflate knowing what you will do, with being the one to have made you do it.

Even you, a mere mortal, know some people so well, that you can accurately predict their reaction to certain situations. This does not mean that you dictated those reactions. Mere mortal human parents would often accurately predict what their children would do. Because they know the child very well.

Therefore saying that God has such a transcendent view of every component of your being, that it knows what you will do, is not the same thing as saying that it made you do it, or that it was not your choice, to do it.

Nor does this obviate the need for your own experiencing within the world: otherwise you would not be what you are.
Oh! DS, pls don't toe the Ihedinobi path. He made us too, didn't he? every component of our being? undecided
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by plaetton: 4:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

Yes indeed, we are twisting plaetton's very sensible point of view -

As he contends - - ->

1. The mind being subjective, the five senses cannot be trusted to disclose objective realities.

2. He yet uses science, which relies entirely on the mind and the five senses, to seek and preach objective realities.

Ah. Comedy a la carte!

You are a big liar Deepsight.
Stop this nonsense. .

This habit of twisting people's post to suit yourself is becoming entrenched in your system.
You were never like this.
On this very issue, I corrected you more than 5 times, yet you continue to spew the same lie over and over again.
What gives?

Frankly , I am losing respect for you.
That may not mean much to you, but it means much to me.

Let me repeat it one ore time, in case your are deaf and dumb.

Subjective interpretation of an image(not an object) cannot be reliable simply because different minds would offer different subjective interpretations.
That is so simple, so elementary and so commonsensical .
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2013
plaetton:

You are a big liar Deepsight.
Stop this nonsense. .

This habit of twisting people's post to suit yourself is becoming entrenched in your system.
You were never like this.
On this very issue, I corrected you more than 5 times, yet you continue to spew the same lie over and over again.
What gives?

Frankly , I am losing respect for you.
That may not mean much to you, but it means much to me.

Let me repeat it one ore time, in case your are deaf and dumb.

Subjective interpretation of an image(not an object) cannot be reliable simply because different minds would offer different subjective interpretations.
That is so simple, so elementary and so commonsensical .

You are only becoming erratic because you cannot stand the the glaring ludicrousness of your argument.

It was scandalously exposed with your example of the "leaf" and when you used the faculty of sight to derive objective truths about it.

Never mind that you argued same faculty to be subjective.

You were so unguarded and without rigor that I never even bothered to point out to you that you even derived an objective truth about the color of the leaf - forgetting color blindness, and the fact that different creatures see different spectra of light, and thus, never the same colors. Yet you derived an objective truth about the leaf being green. That was unpardonably lazy and careless, and yet you sit here to cry about losing respect for people.

Please lose every iota of respect you have for me very fast, and let none remain at all - so that I may be spared this emotional cry of losing respect all the time. It's nonsense to me mate.

1 Like

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 4:27pm On Nov 17, 2013
Mr Troll: Oh! DS, pls don't toe the Ihedinobi path. He made us too, didn't he? every component of our being? undecided

It is simple to see that foresight is not the same thing as deterministic control.

1 Like

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Kay17: 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
Isn't it obvious from DeepSight's threads and posts that he sees a divine will in the Universe because of the meaning it implies. In other words, Deepsight creates his God because of the meaning he seeks thereof.

Hence a psychological conditioning

2 Likes

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2013
Kay 17: Isn't it obvious from DeepSight's threads and posts that he sees a divine will in the Universe because of the meaning it implies. In other words, Deepsight creates his God because of the meaning he seeks thereof.

Same could be said of anybody.

BTW, i plan to open a thread on meaning. What meaning would life have, if only the product of random movements of lifeless particles and nothing more.

I did something similar a while back with mazaje. . . will be back on that. . . .
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
Kay 17: Isn't it obvious from DeepSight's threads and posts that he sees a divine will in the Universe because of the meaning it implies. In other words, Deepsight creates his God because of the meaning he seeks thereof.

Lol.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by plaetton: 4:48pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

You are only becoming erratic because you cannot stand the the glaring ludicrousness of your argument.

It was scandalously exposed with your example of the "leaf" and when you used the faculty of sight to derive objective truths about it.

Never mind that you argued same faculty to be subjective.

You were so unguarded and without rigor that I never even bothered to point out to you that you even derived an objective truth about the color of the leaf - forgetting color blindness, and the fact that different creatures see different spectra of light, and thus, never the same colors. Yet you derived an objective truth about the leaf being green. That was unpardonably lazy and careless, and yet you sit here to cry about losing respect for people.

Please lose every iota of respect you have for me very fast, and let none remain at all - so that I may be spared this emotional cry of losing respect all the time. It's nonsense to me mate.

I cannot believe that you of all people can argue so narrow-mindedly like someone trying to defend and invisible god.

Example #2 for the deaf and dumb.

I am holding a shiny dvd disc on my hand right now.
I see that it indisputably silver in color-all will agree with me on that.
It is very light in weight. But i could weigh it on a small scale to determine it's actual weight and that would be verifiable.
If it perfectly circular. I could measure it's circumference and it's radius. That would also be verifiable.
If I wish and had the tools, I could determine it's density, it's component materials, etc. and these would also be verifiable.

So, I can objectively classify the physical attributes of this disc and it would be easily verified by anyone else in the world.

Now, if I put this disc on my wall and begin to subjectively dwell on it's importance and meaning to me, I most likely would begin to see or imagine things that no other person might see.

For example,
I could see it's shiny surface as being symbolic of life-giving sunshine.
I could see it as being symbolic of the many cycles of life.
I could see it as being symbolic of completeness and perfection.
or
I could see it as being symbolic of artificiality, pollution and modern decadence.

Which of these subjective interpretations would be the one real truth?

3 Likes

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by plaetton: 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2013

Thank you so much.
There is nothing wrong with that, except his jihad-like attitude showcasing his mental creations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Haters Kumuyi Live On TV / CD/DVD Duplicators For Churches/seminars For Sales / Euthanasia. Discussions with Quivah and Any Interested Party.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.