Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,051 members, 7,953,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:54 AM

Evil Confirms Absence Of God. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evil Confirms Absence Of God. (4015 Views)

Absence From Court: TB Joshua Speaks After Failing To Be At The Court / Death Is Not The Opposite Of Life, It Simply Is The Absence Of It. / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Joshthefirst(m): 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deepsight, are morals human?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Joshthefirst(m): 5:09pm On Nov 17, 2013
Kay 17: Isn't it obvious from DeepSight's threads and posts that he sees a divine will in the Universe because of the meaning it implies. In other words, Deepsight creates his God because of the meaning he seeks thereof.

Hence a psychological conditioning
do you see a divine will in the universe?

God of course can be a psychological conditioning. But you can't speak this to those who encountered him and still walk with him and claim to know him and back up their claims with their lives.

Humans have been making up gods for some time.
But the bible( and indeed our very lives) teach and show that God, allowing humans to realize that they couldn't decipher his being and attributes psychologically, came down and walked among them. Showing his true character.

It is this God that I met. I never ascribed character or human morals to him. That would be an insult and me acting like an ordinary idol worshipper.

I met this God. But of course, you won't believe me.

Just like the people whom Jesus walked among didn't believe him when he claimed to be the one.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: do you see a divine will in the universe?

God of course can be a psychological conditioning. But you can't speak this to those who encountered him and still walk with him and claim to know him and back up their claims with their lives.

But the bible( and indeed our very lives) teach and show that God, allowing humans to realize that they couldn't decipher his being and attributes psychologically, came down and walked among them. Showing his true character.

It is this God that I met. I never ascribed character or human morals to him. That would be an insult and me acting like an ordinary idol worshipper.

Just like the people whom Jesus walked among didn't believe him when he claimed to be the one.

Bullshite
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: Deepsight, are morals human?
Same question I was about to ask him. What are human morals?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by plaetton: 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Bullshite

Seconded.
God is invisible, but I talk and walk with him.
Sounds familiar?
Yeah.
A diagnosable and treatable disorder.
There is a name for it.

1 Like

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
plaetton:

Seconded.
Sounds familiar?
Yeah.
There is a name for it.

Delusions of grandeur
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 5:43pm On Nov 17, 2013
plaetton:

Seconded.
Sounds familiar?
Yeah.
There is a name for it.

Not entirely. If your white blood cells were conscious, it would remain true that they live within you, and yet could never ever see you, no?

As to your revert to mine above, you are still wrong. It seems to me that you never even grasped the depth of your own statements on the other thread, for you spoke about the mind, and what it is conditioned to see. Quite simply this destroys everything that can be argued to exist or not. Howevet I am typing from a phone and will revert comprehensively once back before my laptop.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

Not entirely. If your white blood cells were conscious, it would remain true that they live within you, and yet could never ever see you, no?

As to your revert to mine above, you are still wrong. It seems to me that you never even grasped the depth of your own statements on the other thread, for you spoke about the mind, and what it is conditioned to see. Quite simply this destroys everything that can be argued to exist or not. Howevet I am typing from a phone and will revert comprehensively once back before my laptop.

^^^

This is the "Ihedinobi misunderstood sophist technique"

Claim that the opponent didnt understand or grasp your point when you are cornered by a better argument

1 Like

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Kay17: 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: do you see a divine will in the universe?

Human morals? So you now believe there is no absolute morality?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by DeepSight(m): 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

^^^

Claim that the opponent didnt understand or grasp your point when you are cornered by a better argument

Not at all. Plaetton argued about the mind and its conditioning: something too profound for you: and I am beginning to fear, something lost on even him.

I will revert anyway, once before my laptop.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

It is simple to see that foresight is not the same thing as deterministic control.
Word!

1 Like

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
Kay 17:

Human morals? So you now believe there is no absolute morality?
lol. This is what happens when I read too much posts on nairaland.

There is absolute morality to which our consciences bear witness.
Sorry if the words carried a different meaning.
I should have quoted "human morals"
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

^^^

So now it's me you're obssesed with, Logicboy grin
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ihedinobi:
So now it's me you're obssesed with, Logicboy grin
he watches too much anime
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by MrTroll(m): 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

although I said I was tired of arguing on behalf of Plaetton, @bold shows simply...Dogma. Willful Ignorance.

I wonder how I could make a statement and you will understand it better than me. I will explain it 10 times and you will still claim that what I said was not what I said but simply something else. I tire...

1 Like

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by MrTroll(m): 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

It is simple to see that foresight is not the same thing as deterministic control.
you simply did not address the second part of my statement.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: he watches too much anime

How does that follow?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

How does that follow?
it follows from the way you make up techniques based on your perception of people's characters.

"Ihedinobi misunderstood sophist technique"

"Annonyism"

Etc
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: it follows from the way you make up techniques based on your perception of people's characters.

"Ihedinobi misunderstood sophist technique"

"Annonyism"

Etc

Doesn't follow. Or do u have an anime in mind?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Doesn't follow. Or do u have an anime in mind?
naruto?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Kay17: 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: lol. This is what happens when I read too much posts on nairaland.

There is absolute morality to which our consciences bear witness.
Sorry if the words carried a different meaning.
I should have quoted "human morals"

Is God obliged to follow such absolute morals too?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: naruto?

Smh. Do you even watch anime at all?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:36pm On Nov 17, 2013
Kay 17:

those morals are part of Gods nature which is good.

He is obliged to keep his word, yes.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:37pm On Nov 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Smh. Do you even watch anime at all?

What is it?

I stopped watching anime some time ago.

Edit: does naruto not contain techniques?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Kay17: 6:40pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: those morals are part of Gods nature which is good.

He is obliged to keep his word, yes.

Good.

Now, if God's nature is good and creation is from God's nature, doesn't that imply Creation must be good also?
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:41pm On Nov 17, 2013
Kay 17:

Good.

Now, if God's nature is good and creation is from God's nature, doesn't that imply Creation must be good also?
yes, and according to the historical account, it was good.
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes, and according to the historical account, it was good.
But man was able to corrupt that which his creator had made. smiley
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Ishilove: 6:58pm On Nov 17, 2013
plaetton:

Then go and hug your teddybear.
tongue
I don't do teddy bears. I'm way too old for that kind of nonsense grin
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by patrkq(m): 7:00pm On Nov 17, 2013
Deep Sight:

I am certain you cannot produce a single fan of yours who would describe you as a wise man. But, vain glorious in the narcissism of the adulation of your own drastic imbecilic dimwitted-ness, you dance about - comic that you are - to proclaim so yourself.

Not a shred! ! !

grin
Damn!
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2013
aManFromMars:
But man was able to corrupt that which his creator had made. smiley
correct.

And before you start to claim that perfection means that creation could not be corrupted, think again:

per·fect/ˈpərfikt/
Adjective:
Having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be
Verb:
Make (something) completely free from faults or defects, or as close to such a condition as possible
Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by MrTroll(m): 7:12pm On Nov 17, 2013
Kay 17:

Re: Evil Confirms Absence Of God. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: correct.

And before you start to claim that perfection means......

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Haters Kumuyi Live On TV / Yahweh Vs Allah: Who Is God? / Heaven And Hell After Earth Makes Sense Only If...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.