Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? (14955 Views)

Types Of Husband: Men What Type Are You? Women What type Is Your Hubby?? / Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? / Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by andyanders: 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2013
Valto: u dont know me, yet are here spewing rubbish! and u fail to understand what the OP wrote. we are not talking about large sums here, so forget about spending salaries or money kept for someone...all she said is that she sometimes collect little amount of money from her hubby's pocket which she normally notify him and she never collects more that 1k.

Listen, whether one naira or two naira, it is still not right. Do you know the worth and the salary of the man in question? There are people that amount is still big to them and the guy's expenses should be taken into recognisance. Maybe he kept the money for his transport to cover the week or month. Let us not say it is a family thing.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Morgan1092(m): 6:40pm On Apr 15, 2013
lumeneng22: Taking the money is one thing and agreeing to take the money when he ask is another thing especially when you are pregnant.
What does pregnancy has 2 do wit dis? #jst curious#
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by jumobi1(m): 6:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
Isn't it easier to take from your own pocket? Would you tolerate him taking money from your own pocket?
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by ifyalways(f): 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
Adura_ngba:

God bless the kids in your care.
They are super blessed , + or - you and what you type.
Amen. cool
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by cecegorz(m): 8:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
Do people still keep money in their pock3ets these days?
Anyway, once i get home and drop my wallet on the table, ma baby can pick out whatever amount she wishes to buy small stuff. I usually don't have more than 5k in that wallet, after all Debit cards are handy for purchases of higher value.
For me it's not a big deal, there are other people that like rules and regulations, good for them too.
However, if i have a lump sum in the drawer, she will know the cash must be for a purpose, and will definitely not touch it without letting me know.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by armyofone(m): 8:28pm On Apr 15, 2013
A woman once married should be the one controlling the accounts. All accounts he/she has before marriage should be combined/name of each added. When a woman is in control of all the money coming into the house each month, no need taking money from your guy's pocket. Which century una dey sef?

Again, women should be in control of the money. This chop/panke money this and that issue come pass pawa.

humming Chaka Khan

"i'm every woman".

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
biolabee:

kulyie you be sweet story teller
The story meanders like a snake and you can touch the childlike way you tell your tales

u shd open a diary
LOL
hahahahaaha open diary ke?lmao cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by bimchuswhat(f): 9:14pm On Apr 15, 2013
My man gets really offended when I tell him before taking money from his pocketm I take money from his pocket at will. I might tell him latTer that is if I even remember to and he also does same when am not around but if am there, he will always tellme first but forbids me from telling him saying am free whenever, whereever to take money from his pocket. Infact same goes with his accounts.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by biolabee(m): 9:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
kulyie: hahahahaaha open diary ke?lmao cheesy

i like the way you tells stories
read jhydebaba's hotel stories u will love it
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by SisiKill1: 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2013
armyofone: A woman once married should be the one controlling the accounts. All accounts he/she has before marriage should be combined/name of each added. When a woman is in control of all the money coming into the house each month, no need taking money from your guy's pocket. Which century una dey sef?

Again, women should be in control of the money. This chop/panke money this and that issue come pass pawa.

humming Chaka Khan

"i'm every woman".

Tru Dat!!

LMFAO!! cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
jumobi1: Isn't it easier to take from your own pocket? Would you tolerate him taking money from your own pocket?
why not.me i dont see anything wrong in that.if my kid brother takes my money,i always playfully tell him,i saw your handwork in my room o.sha no spend my money on ashwo,he will sha scope me sha and make my head swell just to forget about returning the money.why i dont even take it personal or get upset when he takes money behind my back is because he is such a sweet heart. whenever he is around,he helps me run errands,helps me pay for my monthly internet subscription and my clothes..same applies to my husband. if my husby takes money without my consent,i wont get angry because the love and respects he shows me is worth more than any amount he can take in my bag whether or not am there.i dont take such things personal however if it is a colleague at work or a friend,i will yell and embarass the person thoroughly if he or she tries it irrespective of the fact that we jist and work together
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by touchmeder: 10:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
He does not like it, so dont do it. End of story angry
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by yahaya276: 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
tobechi74: no body dares put his/her hand in my pocket with or without my manners.its absurd
u harsh wo
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by baby124: 10:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
Its theft. I mean, why will you take it and not tell him if it was okay to do such? Like me now, I know the exact amount I have in my purse. And when I have cash on me it is mostly budgeted for specific emergencies or lunch. If you steal it and I am not in a place where ATM is easily accessible, then you put me in a bad situation or leave me stranded.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Connoisseur(m): 11:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
Any amount of money has a use or 'would be' use. imagine after doling out money for food and other neccessities, some money you kept for emergencies (most times money the man himself wouldnt want to spend) is been tampered with.
Thats really annoying.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by PrettySpicey(f): 12:16am On Apr 16, 2013
Same thing as when ur child takes money 4rm ur purse. D fact dat u r now one instead of two doesn't mean a total invasion of each other's privacy and total disregard for simple courtesy.
Ask, then receive.
N when it's inevitable, let him know once he's back.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Elai147: 12:28am On Apr 16, 2013
That is confirmed stealing. There cannot be an alternative way of describing it.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 16, 2013
jumobi1: Isn't it easier to take from your own pocket? Would you tolerate him taking money from your own pocket?
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 16, 2013
biolabee:

lol i do sometimes o cheesy wink
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 16, 2013
biolabee:

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by biolabee(m): 7:20am On Apr 16, 2013
kulyie: lol i do sometimes o cheesy wink
o ri ara e lode
You come open my ifuro finish say i like olosho tinz

God is watching you tongue
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 16, 2013
biolabee:

If you be my wife I go dey hide my dough from you or inside padlocked vanity case make you no embarass me for rainy day tongue
hahahahaha cheesy na wetin my big brother dey always do be that.i go dey see the cash but i no fit take am.the thing dey always peper my body.chai cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 16, 2013
biolabee:
o ri ara e lode
You come open my ifuro finish say i like olosho tinz

God is watching you tongue
hahahah cheesy God is watching you too :p shebi i ask you the other time why you like fvck matter and whether you dey work for hotel,you answer me wink be careful yourself o before i vex give you headmistress this tuesday morning :p
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 16, 2013
Valto: ^^^typical nigerian man!! marriage is a union. she is free to take as long she notifies him.
no mind am,him just dey rant.as if the money wey e go pay use lock im wife no go pass the one wey im wife take and if per chance the babe family bail her out,they will have a cordial relationship again.anyway na blab im dey blab because e no realistic :p
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 16, 2013
Valto: ^^^typical nigerian man!! marriage is a union. she is free to take as long she notifies him.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by sheriffman(m): 8:09am On Apr 16, 2013
Nothing wrong with it as long as its not frequent and its not heavy amounts.But then i see it as romantic pilfering.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Sholeyb: 8:12am On Apr 16, 2013
Taking money from the pocket of your husband or vice versa before telling him/her I consider normal. Any money a couple have is jointly owned,if we truly understand the oneness in marriage.. However, you should tell him so that he does not rely on the knowledge that he has money in his pocket, saving him from embarrassing situations. If you have a mature relationship, it is a very small issue in my opinion, and from experience husbands that panic or are totally against their wives taking money from their pockets have an unhealthy attitude towards money, more than likely they are slaves to it. As long as the money is not spent foolishly and is used for the family, I do not see anything wrong. One cannot steal from one's self. The only exception is when you know the money is for a specific purpose.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by biolabee(m): 8:18am On Apr 16, 2013
kulyie: hahahah cheesy God is watching you too :p shebi i ask you the other time why you like fvck matter and whether you dey work for hotel,you answer me wink be careful yourself o before i vex give you headmistress this tuesday morning :p

see yaself.... but it is not too ideal taking this money without letting the other person know
thats the point.. not the quantity of the money but the principle

E be like say ur bro dey safeguard hin dough wella
i like the interplay between u and popsi
shows good banter and trust
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by dayokanu(m): 11:24am On Apr 16, 2013
Assuming your husband thought he still has 10k in his wallet stops at Petrol station and buys fuel of 8k only yo discover half the money is gone

How would he do there? Would he return the fuel he has filled in his car?

WHat belongs to you belongs to your family but should your son also take money from your wallet without telling you?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 16, 2013
Op, it's totally wrong... Always ask yur hubby, before u take out of his money ... He may have laid out plans for it, and two hundred Naira short can spoil everything.... Well, if I were the one, ask before u touch my money... And I won't touch yours either... It's completely wrong, no matter how anyone sweet talk the issue.. I won't accept such, sha.. Don't take anything , I own behind my back even though we are One. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? / Why Do Kids Hate Their Step Parents? / Nigerian Couple Welcome Baby Boy After 14 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.