Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,055 members, 7,866,982 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:10 AM

More Progress On Benin-ore Road - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Progress On Benin-ore Road (30364 Views)

Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ / Progress On Benin-ore Road / Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by omanzo02: 3:10pm On Apr 19, 2013
Eziachi:
I bet its the Germany you see in Atlas book of your geography class, not the real Germany

Dude, I drive on German road and the countries I mentioned regularly, so keep your hypocricy to yourself, the road meet conventional inter-state road design,
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by ooua: 3:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
why are you guys dragging who fixed what, federal or state. The important thing is that someone is working and the road is being fixed. We have lost a lot of people on that road that I dont care who is fixing it.

2 Likes

Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by Pataki: 3:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
omanzo02:

You are a novice, even international and inter-regional/state roads in Germany, France, England, Italy & Spain with hectic traffic are 2 lanes to & fro, where the road access at a hill or mountains are expanded to 3 or 4 lanes, at depending point the road narrows back to 2 lanes. So stop thinking with your anus..

@ topic, the whole stretch of the road should be clearly marked to ensure safety and lane visibility.

Please stop lying.

There is hardly any interstate road into Germany or thereabout that is 2 lanes. When even there is a current EU recommendation to make all interstate highways 8lanes.

This road "re-painting" is hogwash. I am seriously not impressed one bit!

1 Like

Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by taharqa: 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
[size=17pt]You know you are mentally challenged so I do not have time for your type.. when progressives take over government at the center, people like you will have enough bed in Yaba.. [/size]
Well, you are not totali STU.PID then. That was yr smartest move to run away from questns bout d Claims you made in d previous comment...
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2013
All these roads were started by Obasanjo (SW) president.
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by OmoTier1(m): 3:32pm On Apr 19, 2013
taharqa: Well, you are not totali STU.PID then. That was yr smartest move to run away from questns bout d Claims you made in d previous comment...
You are an excellent description of an i.diot! Anyone who knows Benin and who has live in Benin in the last two years know that the From Ekiadolor to Ore is called Benin-Ore-Shagamu-Lagos road. And that section of the road is where the FG have concentrated their effort, neglecting the Ekiadolor, Ugbowo, Uselu, Five-Junction, Dawson upto Akpakpava road junction towards Ikpoba Hill area.

The expansion of the road to Six lanes from Ugbowo Main Gate to Dawson upto Akpakpava road junction is being carried out by Oshiomhole with central divides and street lighting as was done on Akpakpava road, TV road, Ekewan road, Sapele road, etc.

So go get your facts right and stop crediting the works of a hard working, people focused and Nigeria loved Governor to a clueless man who does not know what Power means except when it comes to fighting those who oppose His senseless leadership.
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by ITbomb(m): 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2013
Fresh Air,
I know there will still be people complaining that it is photoshopped
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by OmoTier1(m): 3:36pm On Apr 19, 2013
nahinbdis: There you are!!!

FACT: The best roads in Benin are FEDERAL GOVT ROADS!

Benin Ore road goes through Ugbowo to Uselu, Five Junction, Iyaro, and terminates at Akpakpava.

Benin Asaba road goes through Depot to Agbor Park, Ramat Park, Ikpoba Hill, Akpakpava, Ring Road, Sapele Road and then on to Benin-Sapele Expressway. Note that there is a branch off of this road at Ikpoba Hill through Murtala Muhammed Road on to Sapele Road and through Murtala Muhammed Road on to Upper Sakponba Road and Benin Abraka Road.

Benin-Auchi Expressway runs through Eyaen, Aduwawa and joins Benin-Asaba Express at Ramat Park

FACT: All of these roads are currently motorable! And it is not correct that Oshiomhole fixes Federal roads in Benin. He merely plants flowers along the median and a couple of other beautification works and then claims the projects as his own e.g. Akpakpava Road through to Sapele Road.
thank God Oshiomhole chased the useless Maku with His pot bellied cameramen out of Edo State... soon they will claim the best government schools in Edo State are Federal government own...

Just wait for progressives to take over the central government in 2015, you will return to your bed 013 at Yaba left... cool
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 19, 2013
demmy55: Thank God Benin-Ore road is no longer in a state of anomie. It will be sardonic, lugubrious and it will be a state of disma-bisma if parliament does not rise to fix culpability where culpability is. grin grin grin
Mr Patrick Obahiagbon? We don hear

2 Likes

Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 19, 2013
Nigerian pavements are too dusty. It is time they are cover in short green grasses. It is easy to do. Just spread short seed grasses over the road side and let mother nature take control.

We have to learn to make our environment look pleasing to the eye. We we can do better.
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by Kairoseki77: 3:41pm On Apr 19, 2013
691 days and you can't even show off a completed road?

Not impressed. Try again. undecided

1 Like

Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2013
Nice work. Kudos to the Federal Government for the initiative and to the Contractors for the good work!
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by sweetnigga(m): 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2013
nahinbdis: It is 691 DAYS since GEJ was sworn for his 1st term as President. He has faced some of the worst form of distractions (boko haram insurgency, hostile and vitriolic attacks from the Opposition et al) in Nigerian Presidential History, yet it is gradually becoming clearer that this President stands a chance of writing his name on the positive side of Nigeria’s history books.

On this note, I bring you Season 2 of PROGRESS ON BENIN-ORE ROAD. (https://www.nairaland.com/1142884/progress-benin-ore-road)

I travelled on this road on Good Friday and I was amazed at the level of progress that has been made on the road. FACT: Benin-Ore road has not been this good in the last 20 YEARS! Ore - Benin is over 85% completed while Benin to Ore is somewhere around 70%. Note that total distance between between Ore and Benin is about 145kms http://www.distancesfrom.com/ng/distance-from-Benin-to-Ore-Ondo-Road/DistanceHistory/1540025.aspx

FACT: Not once did I have to drive on the other lane (some foolish drivers still do that between Shagamu - Ore, but NOBODY does that on Ore to Benin anymore)

ORE
after years it was on good friday you travelled on those roads and you think you are educating us.
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by taharqa: 3:52pm On Apr 19, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
You are an excellent description of an i.diot! Anyone who knows Benin and who has live in Benin in the last two years know that the From Ekiadolor to Ore is called Benin-Ore-Shagamu-Lagos road. And that section of the road is where the FG have concentrated their effort, neglecting the Ekiadolor, Ugbowo, Uselu, Five-Junction, Dawson upto Akpakpava road junction towards Ikpoba Hill area.

The expansion of the road to Six lanes from Ugbowo Main Gate to Dawson upto Akpakpava road junction is being carried out by Oshiomhole with central divides and street lighting as was done on Akpakpava road, TV road, Ekewan road, Sapele road, etc.

So go get your facts right and stop crediting the works of a hard working, people focused and Nigeria loved Governor to a clueless man who does not know what Power means except when it comes to fighting those who oppose His senseless leadership.
Again SHUT IT, OKPEEe... The only thing Oshiomohle is doing in d Ugbowo-Urubi Stretch is d expansn of Service Lanes and drainages on both sides of d road- and it is ONLY for d very short Urubi-Ugbowo Stretch of d road (ie he is not touching anytin from Ugbowo To Lagos)- the main road itself from Lagos tru Ugbowo to Urubi, is bn done entirely by d FG.. Oshiomohle himself hv clarified dis, and d Signpost by both d FG and d State Govt clearly stating what they are doing are sitd truout d Ugbowo-Urubi Stretch. I Am there now, and am reading it with my very eyes. So QUIT d LIES from yr supposd London base, you SHAMELESS thing. It is so old
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by Ucheosefoh(m): 3:53pm On Apr 19, 2013
Kayusfity: How does this affects the common man?? People are living in abject poverty and all you GEJ asslickers got to show us is benin Ore road. Where ar the promised subsidy palliatives? Where are the 9 new universities? Where are the jobs for jobless youths?? When will the price of Gaari be reduced? OP, i think you should take a break at yaba left. They have enough rooms where u can relax for less than 1k. Awon oloriibuu
So in ur mind road construction is nt effecting the common man. Guy na u need to take a break at yaba left
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by sammmiey1: 3:53pm On Apr 19, 2013
ITbomb: Fresh Air,
I know there will still be people complaining that it is photoshopped
Fresh air my foot,no one can prevail upon me dat GEJ is the man responsible for that ongoing project,I know what's good at,Tinubu had alredy highlighted many of the problems Nigeria is been battling with and none of it GEJ has attended to hitherto,indeed clueless. Outright transformation is wot we seek,dat is wot Nigerians crave for not d freaking propagandas showcased by the OP.
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @Op.., well done!

Meanwhile, lets reiterate the progress that have been made in the road sector in the last 2yrs. The following roads projects have been COMPLETED:

Vom-Manchok road (Plateau State), Yola-Numan road (Adamawa State), Gombe Bye-pass (Gombe State), Kaduna Refinery road (Kaduna State), Kano-Daura-Mai Adua road (Katsina State), Aba-Owerri road(Abia State), Onitsha-Owerri road (Anambra State) and Oyo-Ogbomosho road (Oyo State).

Massive work is ONGOING in various other highways in the 6 geo-political zones, including ongoing dualisation of Abuja–Abaji–Lokoja Road; Kano–Potiskum–Maiduguri Road; the Benin–Ore–Shagamu Expressway; the Onitsha–Enugu Expressway; the construction of the Loko–Oweto bridge( across River Benue); East-West road; dualisation of Benin-Lokoja road; Vandeikia-Obudu-Obodu Cattle Ranch road (Phase 1) in Benue State; Mbaise-Ngwa road in Imo/Abia states, with bridges at Imo River (Phase 1); Abriba-Arochukwu-Ohafia road, in Abia State (Phase 1); Makurdi-Gboko road Phase 1 Wannune-Yandev section, in Benue; Ohafia Abia State-Oso in Ebonyi; Sections 1A and 1B of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kontagora Roads, respectively in Sokoto State, Kebbi and Niger; Kunya-Kanya-Babura-Babban Mutum Road in Jigawa; Zing-Yakoko-Monkin Road in Taraba; Alkeleri-Bauchi Road in Bauchi; Aguoba-Owa-Mgbagbu Owa-Ebenebe at the Anambra border to the Awaha-Oyofo-Iwollo Road in Enugu State; Ofa by-pass in Ofa council in Kwara; the Ikot-Ekpene border-Ada Owerri dualisation section phase one in Akwa-Ibom, Abia and Imo; Utor Bridge project on Asaba-Ebu-Uromi Road in Delta; Oshodi-Apapa road in Lagos; Ijebu Ode road in Ogun; etc, etc

Bad portions on almost all federal roads all over the country, not mentioned above, were fixed under a massive intervention called Project Safe Passage. The Lagos-Ibadan expressway and Enugu-Portharcourt roads were among roads that received attention under Project Safe Passage.

The Third Mainland bridge was not left out. Late last year, the EIGHT expansion joints of bridge was re-constructed. Recently, the bridge was re-surfaced by FERMA. Currently, the markings and lighting system of the bridge is being fixed by FERMA, in collaboration with SURE-P.

The ICING ON THE CAKE in the road sector this year will be commencement of work on the Second Niger Bridge (by Julius Berger), and commencement of full re-construction of Lagos-Ibadan and Enugu-Portharcourt expressways.

FRESH AIR everywhere you go!!
Yes o! FRESH AIR everywhere you go!!
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by taharqa: 4:00pm On Apr 19, 2013
samm_miey: Fresh air my foot,no one can prevail upon me dat GEJ is the man responsible for that ongoing project,I know what's good at,Tinubu had alredy highlighted many of the problems Nigeria is been battling with and none of it GEJ has attended to hitherto,indeed clueless. Outright transformation is wot we seek,dat is wot Nigerians crave for not d freaking propagandas showcased by the OP.
No, he is not d one doing d road. How can he actuali be?? The road is constructing ITSELF from Lagos to Benin. It is actuali of a tin wonda; a Freak of Nature.. Are u okay now?

2 Likes

Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by Eziachi: 4:00pm On Apr 19, 2013
ypzilanti:

True talk. But GEJ is not exactly known for competence or excellence. Please let us thank him for this road: Go on Mr. President, you can do it! grin

Seriously that road was a nightmare. Baby steps, abeg. I'm not expecting GEJ to be the guy that will build the 6 lane express, but I can hope he will at least manage to fix the roads his PDP colleague OBJ abandoned.
You don't have to thank him for delivering very little or half baked with your own money. That is his job he is well paid to do and not a charity.
When you go to a restaurant to eat, you don't pay and then thank the proprietor for serving your food not only cold but late with an unwashed plate.

1 Like

Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by omanzo02: 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2013
Pataki:

Please stop lying.

There is hardly any interstate road into Germany or thereabout that is 2 lanes. When even there is a current EU recommendation to make all interstate highways 8lanes.

This road "re-painting" is hogwash. I am seriously not impressed one bit!

Look at this liar, to prove u wrong, from Heerlen in Holland to Aachen is 2 lanes, from Arlon in Belgium thru Luxembourg to Trier & further to Karlsruhe and Mannheim are 2 lane, from Stuttgart thru Baden-Baden to Switzerland is 2 lanes, from Dortmund to Leipzig are 2 lanes, from Eindhoven in Holland thru Essen to Berlin are 2 lanes, where u find 3 or 4 lanes are hill
gradient, for easy traffic flow for trucks.

U see how ignorant u are? grin grin

1 Like

Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by tomakint: 4:04pm On Apr 19, 2013
samm_miey: Fresh air my foot,no one can prevail upon me dat GEJ is the man responsible for that ongoing project,I know what's good at,Tinubu had alredy highlighted many of the problems Nigeria is been battling with and none of it GEJ has attended to hitherto,indeed clueless. Outright transformation is wot we seek,dat is wot Nigerians crave for not d freaking propagandas showcased by the OP.
Tinubu and his party (formerly AD and now ACN) have been in control of Lagos since 1999 and with a monthly internally generated revenue of over N30 billion what has he perfected for the common people of that state? Even with the menace of traffics and lack of working structural developments for the common men and women in the streets has he fared better? Jonathan is a Man that has the love of the common man at heart and whether you clowns like him or not, he will not only deliver but will see out his reign till 2019 cool
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by Eziachi: 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
omanzo02:

Dude, I drive on German road and the countries I mentioned regularly, so keep your hypocricy to yourself, the road meet conventional inter-state road design,
I am a Mazi and not a dude and I repeat that its the Germany that you see in your Atlas elementary school geography, which you drove through in a dream, not the real Germany.
This is the real Germany pix number 2 and M2 in Britain far back 1973 and that is what your should expect after 14 years and billions of your money wasted and stolen.

Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by nkemKalu: 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2013
LITTLE THINGS INTEREST LITTLE MINDS ..........GEJ AND HIS CRONIES....WOO UNTO YOU. BENIN - ORE ROAD KO ABA/OWERRI ROAD NI
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by hardbody: 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2013
nahinbdis: It is 691 DAYS since GEJ was sworn for his 1st term as President. He has faced some of the worst form of distractions (boko haram insurgency, hostile and vitriolic attacks from the Opposition et al) in Nigerian Presidential History, yet it is gradually becoming clearer that this President stands a chance of writing his name on the positive side of Nigeria’s history books.

On this note, I bring you Season 2 of PROGRESS ON BENIN-ORE ROAD. (https://www.nairaland.com/1142884/progress-benin-ore-road)

I travelled on this road on Good Friday and I was amazed at the level of progress that has been made on the road. FACT: Benin-Ore road has not been this good in the last 20 YEARS! Ore - Benin is over 85% completed while Benin to Ore is somewhere around 70%. Note that total distance between between Ore and Benin is about 145kms http://www.distancesfrom.com/ng/distance-from-Benin-to-Ore-Ondo-Road/DistanceHistory/1540025.aspx

FACT: Not once did I have to drive on the other lane (some foolish drivers still do that between Shagamu - Ore, but NOBODY does that on Ore to Benin anymore)

ORE

Bros i drove on this road last week saturday and drove back on Monday (I couldn't get a flight and needed to get home very urgently and not used to public transport). Yes you are correct to some extent but we were diverted slightly before Benin to do one way with on coming vehicles because work was in progress on a short stretch. THat diversion happened again while on my return trip. However, generally speaking, the road is now a thing of joy to ply. The notorious Ore traffic will not be there again, it wasnt there when i drove through and leaving lagos at 6.30 am driving all alone, i was driving through Onitsha at about 11am and got to my Villa (Arochukwu) at 3pm. It was a marvel.

1 Like

Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by slimfit1(m): 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
Distraction really if boko ham are distracting him then he is not fit to lead.
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by tomakint: 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2013
omanzo02:

Look at this liar, to prove u wrong, from Heerlen in Holland to Aachen is 2 lanes, from Arlon in Belgium thru Luxembourg to Trier & further to Karlsruhe and Mannheim are 2 lane, from Stuttgart thru Baden-Baden to Switzerland is 2 lanes, from Dortmund to Leipzig are 2 lanes, from Eindhoven in Holland thru Essen to Berlin are 2 lanes, where u find 3 or 4 lanes are hill

Once again you have succeeded in shaming PATAKI publicly, and I used to warn that guy oooo cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by thelastPope(m): 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2013
chucky234: I drove through Ore-Benin road two weeks ago on my way to Delta state and I must say work done so far is not up to 30%,though these pics did justice to the road in question,the road is too tight for a major highway in 2013 and I was expecting the contractors to seize the opportunity to expand the road to appreciable widths.
We always settle for less in this country that's why the FG cannot construct single standard road in 2013,even smaller roads in Cotonou are far better than what they are constructing on that major highway that links the entire federation.
The amount awarded for that contract is more than enough to constructs a standard six lanes highway but because they know quite well that Nigerians especially Nlanders will always celebrate mediocrity decided to patch the road with asphalt as usual.

That you even gave 30% is commendable. I was expecting you to say far worse. You no dey always disappoint... grin
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by crisycent: 4:13pm On Apr 19, 2013
Oshio baba never still complete d additional lanes wen him dey try do since I comont from 9ja na so d road still be cry........so him just destroy doze houses for nofin?
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by thelastPope(m): 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2013
Eziachi:
You don't have to thank him for delivering very little or half baked with your own money. That is his job he is well paid to do and not a charity.
When you go to a restaurant to eat, you don't pay and then thank the proprietor for serving your food not only cold but late with an unwashed plate.

But you are busy thanking Fashola and Rochas and it is a sin to thank GEJ. I already told you before, you are making a fool of yourself... grin
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by hardbody: 4:15pm On Apr 19, 2013
omanzo02:

Bros you wicked no be small, how dey disgrace Pataki like this now? Sorry am abeg. For him mind, all of us dey farm for villa. God catch am
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by omanzo02: 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
slim fit :
Distraction really if boko ham are distracting him then he is not fit to lead.

Bros na only slim fit u get?, no medium or large? grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? / Video: Soldiers Scramble For Water As Relief Materials Finally Arrive Sambisa / FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.