Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,548 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

More Progress On Benin-ore Road - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Progress On Benin-ore Road (30323 Views)

Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ / Progress On Benin-ore Road / Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by taharqa: 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
otokx: but come o? is Benin - ore road not just a segment of Lagos - Shagamu - Ore - Benin - Warri - Port Harcourt - Calabar east west road?
NO. Its is not. It only connects to it. There is now a plan bn pursued vigorously currently to connect every part (region) of Nigeria by at least DUALISED roads..... By d way, @Otokx how is construction in yr portion of d East-West Road going??
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by otokx(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
taharqa: NO. Its is not. It only connects to it. There is now a plan bn pursued vigorously currently to connect every part (region) of Nigeria by at least DUALISED roads..... By d way, @Otokx how is construction in yr portion of d East-West Road going??

My portion bothers mainly in the areas of UNIPORT, wish they could work at night and day. It is supposed to be a dual carriage way so they are working on the second lane but have not seen or heard of any work done on the second Choba bridge. The work is moving but not so extensively and quite slow, from the Choba bridge up to the University main gate is taking them so much time and causing the motorists so much hardship but lets hope for the best.
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by PapaBrowne(m): 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
otokx:

Can you please comment on the electricity situation in the area of Port Harcourt that you stayed?

I was at the Nicon Hotel & Apartments in GRA and they use generators, so I can't really tell what the PHCN situation was. But where I am right now, there hasn't been light since Friday. Its horrible. Don't know what is happening.
I haven't really been impressed since Barth Nnaji left. But I know that with the privatisation and the completion of the NIPPs, things are definitely looking up.
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by otokx(m): 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
PapaBrowne:

I was at the Nicon Hotel & Apartments in GRA and they use generators, so I can't really tell what the PHCN situation was. But where I am right now, there hasn't been light since Friday. Its horrible. Don't know what is happening.
I haven't really been impressed since Barth Nnaji left. But I know that with the privatisation and the completion of the NIPPs, things are definitely looking up.
Thank God you told the truth about the light situation as at time T.
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by PapaBrowne(m): 7:42pm On Apr 23, 2013
otokx: Thank God you told the truth about the light situation as at time T.

I always tell the truth. Always!
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
am happy for your reply.it is informative indeed.i have registered and received the text msg. but am yet to get the fertilizer and AGRIC INPUT at the (ekeiho)market i was directed to go. we are many any-well.in the next 2 weeks fertilizer application on maize will be late.CAN YOU FURNISH ME WITH THE CONTACT OF GES, i will google it now to check more on it. If its true that GEJ has paid 50% of this fertilizer and some one wants to deprive me of my right, i will definitely take laws into my hands. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I WILL FIGHT THEM THERE.
Sincere 9gerian: @iheanyiebeneze..,
The truth is that I dont work for the govt. I passionately follow the activities of govt and tap into the ones that suit my profession.

What I know about the new fertilizer distribution system is that farmers are expected to REGISTER first at the various local govt areas or other designated centers. After registration and as farming season approaches, farmers that registered will receive TEXT MESSAGES for them to collect two bags of fertilizer and seeds at HALF THE MARKET PRICE (ie subsidized). All farmers who recieved the text message will then go to designated AGRO DEALERS (ie marketers) where they will pay half the price and collect 2 bags of fertilizer the seeds. The whole programme is called GROWTH ENHANCEMENT SCHEME (GES).

So if you registered and you now have received text message, the next step is to go to any nearby govt designated agro input dealer (or as directed by the text message) to collect two bags of fertilizer and seeds AND pay half of the price.

But if you did not register when registration was going on and you received a text message, it may imply the text message is FAKE.

If you registered, got a text message and went to the agro input dealer as directed by the text message but did not find any marketer, I suggest you go back to where you registered (or ministry of Agric). They'll direct you on what next to do.

But whatever is the case, it is YOUR RIGHT to have those fertilizers and seeds, provided you registered. Govt has paid for you to have atleast 2 bags of fertilizers at half the price. It is left for to make sure you get them. The president will not come to your local govt to distribute fertilizers. If there are fraudulent individuals there that wants to deprive you of what govt has paid for, then you have to confront them. But I doubt that is the case. It is possible there is a general delay. If that is the case, exercise some patience
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 26, 2013
I HAVE COLLECTED THE 2BAGS OF FERTILIZER AT #7000 FOR THE AGRICULTURAL GROWTH ENHANCEMENT SCHEME GES. THIS HAS FURTHER CONFIRMED THAT PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS WORKING.NIGERIA IS WORKING.

4 Likes

Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 26, 2013
@iheanyiebeneze..,I'm so happy that you collected the bags of fertilizers. The problem with most Nigerians is lack of information. Even some who have information are pessimistic. When one has information, atleast one can either key into what govt is doing or advise others accordingly. Also for those with the right information, when necessary such persons can FIGHT for their right. Some people, because of bad behaviour of previous govt, are so pessimistic but the fact is that things are changing for good. What I have is information and because of that some people say I'm a paid govt agent. Well, I used to bothered about such labels but not any more. It is the antics of propagandists to silence opposing view, nothing more.
Even if one is a paid govt agent, provided the information I post are TRUE and in good conscience, nothing spoil.

3 Likes

Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by PapaBrowne(m): 10:20am On Apr 26, 2013
iheanyiebeneze: I HAVE COLLECTED THE 2BAGS OF FERTILIZER AT #7000 FOR THE AGRICULTURAL GROWTH ENHANCEMENT SCHEME GES. THIS HAS FURTHER CONFIRMED THAT PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS WORKING.NIGERIA IS WORKING.

I keep saying Nigeria is changing rapidly. I am very happy for you.

You are a farmer right? Please I need to ask a few questions. It might derail the thread, but never mind.
I am working on an Agribusiness project with some foreign partners and we seek to impact the value chain from small holder farmer(like you) all the way to end consumer.

I want to know, what exactly do you farm, on how many acres, what is your yield rate currently, how and to whom do you sell your produce and at what price is your produce sold compared to what its sold in the market. Finally, how do you store your produce and how much of it eventually gets wasted.

Also,would you be interested if you are given certain specifications to improve your yield and your produce is purchased even before it is farmed? Would that guarantee make you follow farming and harvesting conditions set by those who pay for your produce even before it is farmed?

Thanks, I would appreciate answers even if not all.

And apologies for derailing the thread.
Re: More Progress On Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 26, 2013
This is not a place to answer these questions.email me on <igeegreat@gmail.com> or <nostupor@yahoo.com>Explain yourself well and structure your questions well if you want good answer. thanks.
PapaBrowne:

I keep saying Nigeria is changing rapidly. I am very happy for you.

You are a farmer right? Please I need to ask a few questions. It might derail the thread, but never mind.
I am working on an Agribusiness project with some foreign partners and we seek to impact the value chain from small holder farmer(like you) all the way to end consumer.

I want to know, what exactly do you farm, on how many acres, what is your yield rate currently, how and to whom do you sell your produce and at what price is your produce sold compared to what its sold in the market. Finally, how do you store your produce and how much of it eventually gets wasted.

Also,would you be interested if you are given certain specifications to improve your yield and your produce is purchased even before it is farmed? Would that guarantee make you follow farming and harvesting conditions set by those who pay for your produce even before it is farmed?

Thanks, I would appreciate answers even if not all.

And apologies for derailing the thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service / Dangote, Yahaya Bello Meet In Aso Rock To Resolve Obajana Ownership Tussle / Police Confirm Arrest Of Hudu Yunusa-Ari, Adamawa INEC REC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.