Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row (23343 Views)

Isa Muazu: Nigeria To Accept UK Deportee's Plane / Nigerian Deportee Demands Pay For Kenyan Officials’ Release / Can Nigerian Deportee From Usa(overstayed Visa) Apply For Canada Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 11:11pm On Apr 16, 2008
Oh No, the pilot was a Nigerian who does not like Nigerians as well?? LMAO!! I feel people tend to get carried away on these issues without actually doing serious there own serious research to understand fact from fable in these things. so it is a good thing that you did and were able to find that out yourself. I agree with you @Elosela.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by EloSela(f): 11:23pm On Apr 16, 2008
@Kobojunkie

Na so I hear o!

But I don't know if it is true. BA does have a lot of Nigerian staff though. Most on the ground at MM and plenty of cabin crew so it is feasible that they would have had 'BA' Nigerian staff on that particular flight. There have been on the flights that I have been on. . .and they have all been very pleasant! cheesy

Anyway I guess we will hear the truth when Mr.Omo attends his court date. grin
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On Apr 16, 2008
I wait to see how far this goes and where this petition will go. I am all for Nigerians fighting for their right when they need to but I see this as more of a fight that is not needed as in my opinion, the man is at fault for obstruction of justice. And the Pilot had every right to usher those off his plan to cool them off before beginning on a 6 to 7 hour flight. I do hope that BA does not take a partial position on this issue at all and basically make sure the law is upheld.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Imani(f): 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2008
I will agree with EloSela and KoboJunkie on this one. I have flown BA several times and i have never been treated anyway i shouldn't. I will have to say i have never witnessed a deportation case, so therefore cannot comment specifically on this case. But the fact that some people want everyone to boycott BA without any credible reason is laughable. Maybe if we had our own national airline, or behave rationally like we are supposed too, none of the drama would have happened.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 12:13am On Apr 17, 2008
I heard this. I heard that, blah blah

We will wait til the real verifiable gist comes out, Thanks.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by 4Him1(m): 12:15am On Apr 17, 2008
Why boycott BA? Instead Nigerians should learn not to behave like area boys and market women all the time. There are ways of expressing a grievance without causing public disturbance.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 17, 2008
The one me I don't like is whenever you're on these planes going or leaving from Naija,as soon as you're about to take off or land,the flight attendants will bring out shelltox and start spraying it all over the place.
The thing dey vex me eh?
haven't you people noticed?
I've travelled to a few other countries and have never seen than done.
Those people hate us!
They want to eradicate us like pests but God won't agree
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 12:23am On Apr 17, 2008
Lmfao grin

Maybe they have smelled the Nigerian Embassies before tongue
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 17, 2008
TOH one day I'm going to say something to someone about the insecticide they force us to inhale.
If you people don't hear from me after the summer just contact the nearest airline.
I could be in some jail shouting 'Una don killi me O" grin
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 12:29am On Apr 17, 2008
Lmfao. Dont worry osisi. I will defend you and thankfully unlike the UK, I can get Al Sharpton to yell on our behalf grin

are you saying this thing they speay doesnt smell good? Rofl grin
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by dnative(m): 12:30am On Apr 17, 2008
I could recall having having a chat with a virgin hostess about this on a flight and she claimed it is regulatory requirements (regulatory my foot) when their flight is outbound to the UK from a mosquito-prone country (no joke).  I think Fani Kayode read them a riot act and had this stopped while he was the aviation minister but it seems the trend has been continued afterwards.  I would support an action in this regards - who say mosquito no dey UK - go hackney or daltson, you'll see better mosquitoes.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Imani(f): 12:30am On Apr 17, 2008
nwando:

The one me I don't like is whenever you're on these planes going or leaving from Naija,as soon as you're about to take off or land,the flight attendants will bring out shelltox and start spraying it all over the place.
The thing dey vex me eh?
Those people hate us!

That has only happened to me once. I thought to myself, what the hell is going on and i hoped they got to "fleet" those in business class and first class as well angry. It had been a while i had seen mosquito repellant being sprayed as fortunately, no mosquitoes in London grin, well, not that i am aware of. I think it is disgusting but, since the hostesses were also affected and not that they hid in a little room and where "fleeting" the rest of us, it wasn't too bad. lipsrsealed
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 12:32am On Apr 17, 2008
dnative:

she claimed it is regulatory requirements (regulatory my foot) when their flight is outbound to the UK from a mosquito-prone country (no joke).

Wow are you serious? embarassed

Those of you that have used local flights in Nigeria, have any of you been attacked by mosquitoes onboard? undecided
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by almondjoy(f): 12:34am On Apr 17, 2008
4 Him:

Why boycott BA? Instead Nigerians should learn not to behave like area boys and market women all the time. There are ways of expressing a grievance without causing public disturbance.

Amen to that!  TELL NIGERIANS TO LEARN TO FLY THEIR OWN AIRLINES!!!! Infact, if any country can not boast of having it's own airline, they have to waive all rights to any humane treatment by other foreign airlines just out of shame!

ARIWO!!!!!
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by dnative(m): 12:35am On Apr 17, 2008
Dead serious. Obviously if you've noticed, they only do this once all passengers are fully boarded. It is actually directed at all the insects (read mosquitoes) they might have brought onboard.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Ajebota(f): 12:36am On Apr 17, 2008
The way I see it most people on the plane were did wrong in one way or the other but remember 2 wrongs dont equal a rite. The deportee shud have comported himself with dignity, the police ppl restraining him should have calmed Mr Omotade down etc etc. Im sure all parties were at fault one way or the other but the whole thing is pathetic. Mr Omotade or no Mr Omotade innocent Nigerians the world over are treated with disdain and suspicion, that stinks. What sucks even more is that we treat ourselves just as badly. Another thing that sucks is lack of unity amongst Nigerians. Who cares if ur Ibo or yoruba or wateva - I stil dont understand that way of thinking. It baffles me, Maybe one day i'll get it, until that happy day,
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 12:37am On Apr 17, 2008
Lmao cos you know mosquitoes follow us around. Gosh this is embarrassing
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by almondjoy(f): 12:37am On Apr 17, 2008
nwando:

The thing dey vex me eh?
Those people hate us!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! So up till now you have not figured out that it is for your own protection with all the international passangers spreading TB all over the place?  Not for mosquitos at all. cheesy

They do not hate you.  The are only trying to protect you from what other people who do not care about their health spread on long flights!

Everything oyinbo man does is out of hatred for us. . .even if it is for our own good!

hehehe
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by 4Him1(m): 12:38am On Apr 17, 2008
Ajebota:

The way I see it most people on the plane were did wrong in one way or the other but remember 2 wrongs don't equal a rite. The deportee should have comported himself with dignity,

He wouldnt be illegal if he comported himself with dignity in the first place.  grin
he's going back to a hellhole and you expect him not to kick and scream?
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by almondjoy(f): 12:40am On Apr 17, 2008
4 Him:

He wouldnt be illegal if he comported himself with dignity in the first place.  grin

That is the most annoying part of the whole mess.  A bloody deportee having the guts to open his mouth in an aircraft kind enough to transport his shameless behind after jumping out of the window of one Chinese restaurant in the Uk over there.

What nerve!

Let him go back to the hell hole he belongs to. If you are stupid enough to live outside Nigeria as an "illegal" resident. . .no sympathies from me at all!
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Apr 17, 2008
4 Him:

He wouldnt be illegal if he comported himself with dignity in the first place. grin

Exactly!!! LMAO!!!
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Imani(f): 12:45am On Apr 17, 2008
4 Him:

He wouldnt be illegal if he comported himself with dignity in the first place.  grin

Don't open a can of worms with your use of the term "illegal". You will be shocked the number of people who see overstaying as "hustling". Certain guys, i will withold their tribe in the UK, so i am not labeled a tribalist, will do anything to evade the long arm of the law, and when they are caught, fight deportation claiming "human rights defence"

I have no sympathy to those that overstay, and i know it sounds harsh especially if children are involved, but people are responsible for EVERY choice they make. If you can do the deed, then you can do the time is my philosophy. When our people actually start behaving in a manner that reflects us in a positive light, we will always have problems with foreign countries who refuse to accept our substandard ways of life.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 12:46am On Apr 17, 2008
Irtonically my parents can't wait to retire and return back to that "hellhole" for the rest of their lives
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by 4Play(m): 12:47am On Apr 17, 2008
If this guy kicked up a fuss with the Nigerian police,what will happen?
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 17, 2008
almondjoy:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! So up till now you have not figured out that it is for your own protection with all the international passangers spreading TB all over the place?  Not for mosquitos at all. cheesy

They do not hate you.  The are only trying to protect you from what other people who do not care about their health spread on long flights!

Everything oyinbo man does is out of hatred for us. . .even if it is for our own good!

hehehe

Wasn't it a lawyer in Atlanta that flew half way across the world last year with MDR TB.
did they spray his plane?
They have no right to single out any country
that is descriminatory.
Spraying an aircraft with shelltox after you been there 8 hours cannot prevent TB.
If anyone had it,he had already spread it ten times over
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 17, 2008
D-reloaded:

Irtonically my parents can't wait to retire and return back to that "hellhole" for the rest of their lives

watch your mouth! wink
Your Mr right could be there and you'll gladly follow him deep into the hole
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by 4Play(m): 12:49am On Apr 17, 2008
I am going to return to that hellhole very soon(within the next 4 years).I no go follow una rot away here tongue

Can't imagine raising my kids in the West. shocked
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 17, 2008
did you hear that reloaded
4play says you people are returning home in 4 years? wink
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Ajebota(f): 12:52am On Apr 17, 2008
4 Him:

He wouldnt be illegal if he comported himself with dignity in the first place. grin

Hellhole or not he didnt have to scream. He chose to scream. Dont rememba Mandela screaming on Robin Island, 'I go die o.'
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 12:53am On Apr 17, 2008
Despite your love for UK? 4Play?

Dont want them to join the glorious "chav" culture? tongue
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 12:54am On Apr 17, 2008
osisi you don mara. the same 4Play, typical okoro man that is like 55 years old running home for a 19 yr old wife ? tongue
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Imani(f): 12:54am On Apr 17, 2008
4 Play:

I am going to return to that hellhole very soon(within the next 4 years).I no go follow una rot away here tongue

Can't imagine raising my kids in the West. shocked

Are you stalking me angry. I have a time tabled plan similar to the above shocked

Raising kids of secondary school age in the UK is NOT an option. I did my secondary school in Nigeria and  did not die, so any child can cope.

@Topic,

depending on experiences, people see Nigeria as different things. Some see opportunities, others see sufferin and siling syndrome. Depends on which side of the coin you fall on. I see opportunities. The tax here alone is  shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

PTI Students Involved In Tragic Accident After NANS Convention In Gombe. Photos / My Trip To Shere Hills, Plateau State (Photos) / Commuters On A Long Queue At Ojota BRT Lane (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.