Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row (23342 Views)

Isa Muazu: Nigeria To Accept UK Deportee's Plane / Nigerian Deportee Demands Pay For Kenyan Officials’ Release / Can Nigerian Deportee From Usa(overstayed Visa) Apply For Canada Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2008
D-RELOADED
I have read through the Thread, I think you have a narrow-minded view of a deportee < not an insult > Deportees are not Criminals like that oh! some make honest living. On the issue of Tax, soon to be deportees pay tax too, and they have rights guaranteed by the UN. Geneva convention. You cant just treat them like garbage.

On the other hand, the Guy in the case wasn't complaining about the ranting of the deportee as to how it affects his comfort, but rather, acccording to  the journals was trying to be an activist to what he shouldnt have being active in. he complained about the handling of the deportee. <ki lo kon e><na ur brother>
I personally find it hard to believe that the Police will treat him like that without any sort of provocation, - not in front of the 135 passengers on board, British- Nigerians who are ready to make quick money by suing. < humor, dont insult me oh>

To those yelling Freedom of Speech, especially America, Please I beg you go to the Airport and act a fool ( bomb, blast ) or tell a TSA official what, you will sleep in Guantanamo Bay, drinking garri. Wa mu Garri emi e a tutu.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2008
nwando:

Knowing how uncouth Nigerians can be the guy obviously did more than saying "please don't kill the guy"
He must have called them out of their names,and constituted a nuisance to the flight crew and like the article says,he became a spokesman for the ocassion.

That is possible and like I said if such happened, I'd be the first to say once again "he deserved it" but until they bring out another article or video saying he did more than "please dont kill him" or mentioning how the crying went on more than 20 mins, Im gonna say the arrest was unnecessary.

We all deserve peace and quiet. Either in a $7 movie theatre or $2000 flight.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Jackal1(m): 8:59pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ D-reloaded,

So u are more concerned about the fares?? I see.

To eliminate such contingencies, why don't u buy yourself a 1st class seat!!!!
I can guarantee u such incidents can NEVER occur up there. . . .
So the next time u wanna fly to Lagos. . . . charge that AmEx of yours to eliminate such worries.
U brokeass!!!!
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by delegiwa(m): 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2008
I'm really surprised at the attitude of Nairalanders as regards this thread.  I probably expected too much.  One thing though kept re-occuring here:  We hastily jump to a seriously flawed conclusion that since a Nigerian is involved, then he must been the one who was at fault.  Well that is the Naysayers for you.  We have been seriously dealt with to the extent that anything bad must have been from a Nigerian.

It might be a coincedence but when the frequency of such abuses become regular, then we might not blame people who will see it as a Nigerian thing.  I've not flown BA in my life before and may not do so anytime soon but a lot of complaints seem to be what they are known for and I think something is wrong.

I've sent my own letter of complaint to Mr Walsh, the CEO of BA and will join in any other means to bring it to their (BA) notice that we are all customers. They have to put a stop to this nonesense.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

D-RELOADED
I have read through the Thread, I think you have a narrow-minded view of a deportee < not an insult > Deportees are not Criminals like that oh! some make honest living.

Obviously you must have broken some sorta law to be taken back to your country against your will, abi no be so?

Never said they dont make honest living. I dont believe I implied that they are all "yahooze" or anything, buit obviously something must have been done wrong for such to happen? Right?

On the other hand, the Guy in the case wasn't complaining about the ranting of the deportee as to how it affects his comfort, but rather, acccording to  the journals was trying to be an activist to what he shouldnt have being active in. he complained about the handling of the deportee

The first thing he mentioned in the article is that the dude's whining was persistant. That is What Got ME. Im respondiong to this whole situation as more of a matter of comfort. Not the fact that oh a Nigerian was arrested blah blah. It's possibly he tried to play SuperMan. That's speculation though and i'd like to know more about that before i make my mind up and why are people going "I doubt they would have, ", wetin you doubt? Cops are known all over for gross misconduct so im not gonna immediately take their side. I have no problem with officers. Never have but Im not in denial to believe that all of them are upstanding people. It's not true.

I personally find it hard to believe that the Police will treat him like that without any sort of provocation, - not in front of the 135 passengers on board,

If that were true the same 135 passengers wouldnt have protested, abi?  
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

Deportees are not Criminals like that oh! some make honest living. On the issue of Tax, soon to be deportees pay tax too, and they have rights guaranteed by the UN. Geneva convention. You can't just treat them like garbage.

They have committed a crime of overstaying their welcome and when one commits a crime,he becomes a criminal.
You don't have to hack down a senior citizen with an axe to become a criminal
An illegal alien ought to know he's living on borrowed time basically.
Unless he was being manhandled on the plane,he ought to take his deportation like a man ,it's not as though they arrested him and are deporting him same day.
He must have been detained,tried and found guilty and he knew well he'll be in Murtala Mo'hammed sooner or later.
I do feel some sympathy for the guy but countries ought to secure their borders,plain and simple.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 9:09pm On Apr 14, 2008
Jackal.:

@ D-reloaded,

So u are more concerned about the fares?? I see.

To eliminate such contingencies, why don't u buy yourself a 1st class seat!!!!
I can guarantee u such incidents can NEVER occur up there. . . .
So the next time u want to fly to Lagos. . . . charge that AmEx of yours to eliminate such worries.
You brokeass!!!!

Oloshi. You think say I can't buy you?  angry Keep running that you gutter mouth. Omo Mushin   grin

Isnt it ironic that the only way you can enjoy not having to deal with wailing deporetees is by speanding more money to be in first class

Deportees are also humans right? Why can't they sit along with "First classers"? To help you people "save money"

Poor man is just expected to accept any kind rubbish. O ga o  
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by CityBoy: 9:10pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Delegiwa (u still dey alive??lol). I totally understand your point of view and cant deny that there is prejudice sometimes aimed at Naija people. My own point is that knowing how the law works in this country, it will be almost impossible for that man to receive the treatment he received for just saying "please dont kill him". There must be more to that story. Your right to complain to BA is well respected and I hope they respond to your complaint in due course.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Jackal1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ D-reloaded,

Speak for your neighbourhood.
NY cops as we all know are morally-corrupt so i understand where u are coming from. . .

However, i doubt the cops in the UK can act shady when 135 passengers are watching. . .
Besides, with CCTV cameras lying everywhere, its hard to find a bent police officer.
I am 99% sure the guy acted like a superman simply because he is a Brit. . . I know people like that.
Their mentality is . . . . .Afterall, i can't be deported. . . I have the same right as Prince Harry!!!!! grin grin grin

Of course, u have to pay MORE to get the premium service. . .
Do u really think people like me that board 1st class are idiots and we dont know we can save some loose change to buy stuffs? tongue tongue
It is because of unforseen contingencies like unruly deportees, wailing babies, niggaz with attitude and stuffs that i pay more.
Join the gravy train and stop lounging in em ecomomy class.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2008
Jackal.:

@ D-reloaded,

Speak for your neighbourhood.
NY cops as we all know are morally-corrupt so i understand where u are coming from. . .

However, i doubt the cops in the UK can act shady when 135 passengers are watching. . .
Besides, with CCTV cameras lying everywhere, its hard to find a bent police officer.
I am 99% sure the guy acted like a superman simply because he is a Brit. . . I know people like that.
Their mentality is . . . . .Afterall, i can't be deported. . . I have the same right as Prince Harry!!!!! grin grin grin

Do u really think people like me that board 1st class are idiots and we don't know we can save some loose change to buy stuffs? tongue tongue
It is because of unforseen contingencies like unruly deportees, wailing babies, niggaz with attitude and stuffs that i pay more.

LOL
are babies now banned from ist class?
abi people in first class are sterile? lipsrsealed
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 9:20pm On Apr 14, 2008
Jackal.:

Do u really think people like me that board 1st class are idiots and we don't know we can save some loose change to buy stuffs? tongue tongue

Again if they couldnt act like that amongst so many people why did those same people protest which cause the ruckus in the place?

But I thought you said you could handle such noise abi? Or is it that cos some people dont have the money to pay for such "luxuries' that they should be forced to deal with such annoyances?

I thought you cared about others, Jackal  undecided or just the rich ones?
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by LASIEFAIRE(m): 9:25pm On Apr 14, 2008
As to my comment about Deportees not being Criminals like that oh!, I tried to convey that very well they are criminals, but many do not endanger people's life to be treated like garbage. -

I understand there are a few cocky cops out there, but i still find it hard to believe that without a reasonable confrontation the cops will maltreat him like that infront of the 135 passengers. Going by what he said, Again BA willhave no reason to ban him for life.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by LASIEFAIRE(m): 9:27pm On Apr 14, 2008
There is also another thread, where someone posted the blog of, i think a British blogger, who said that MR. Omo actually got aggressive. She confirmed it with a few people on the flight.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 9:30pm On Apr 14, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

There is also another thread, where someone posted the blog of, i think a British blogger, who said that MR. Omo actually got aggressive. She confirmed it with a few people on the flight.

I'd actually like to read an update from the cops or one of the 135 pessangers that were first removed

anywhere where's the link for said blog?
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 14, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

As to my comment about Deportees not being Criminals like that oh!, I tried to convey that very well they are criminals, but many do not endanger people's life to be treated like garbage. -

I understand there are a few cocky cops out there, but i still find it hard to believe that without a reasonable confrontation the cops will maltreat him like that infront of the 135 passengers. Going by what he said, Again BA willhave no reason to ban him for life.

The man must have a nuisance.
let him fly Iberia from now on
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by LASIEFAIRE(m): 9:35pm On Apr 14, 2008
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-127212.0.html
here is the thread, the actual blog post was the 4th or 5th one
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by vicade(m): 9:35pm On Apr 14, 2008
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 9:44pm On Apr 14, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-127212.0.html
here is the thread, the actual blog post was the 4th or 5th one

There are two contradicting posts in that blog

Another person stated

actually i know of a family friend of ours who was on that same flight, come to think of it. He too was shocked at the treatment of the deportee stating that the police physically assaulted the man terribly and that it was quite unnecessary

Meh. That's why I dont take most blogs seriously esp when it comes to "special events", everyone wnats to be part of the action claiming I know a friend that knows a friend that knows one dude who went to school with,

Meh rather just wait for the real news I guess
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by delegiwa(m): 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2008
CityBoy:

@ Delegiwa (u still dey alive??lol). I totally understand your point of view and can't deny that there is prejudice sometimes aimed at Naija people. My own point is that knowing how the law works in this country, it will be almost impossible for that man to receive the treatment he received for just saying "please don't kill him". There must be more to that story. Your right to complain to BA is well respected and I hope they respond to your complaint in due course.

Bros (Yes I still dey alive oh).  This thing dey pain me no be small oh.  How oyinbo go de treat us like say we no follow?  Na we dey cause am shaa.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by LASIEFAIRE(m): 9:53pm On Apr 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

There are two contradicting posts in that blog

Another person stated

Meh. That's why I don't take most blogs seriously esp when it comes to "special events", everyone wnats to be part of the action claiming I know a friend that knows a friend that knows one dude who went to school with,

Meh rather just wait for the real news I guess

The question now is from who will that come from, and if it comes out, how will you know if it the real deal
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Jackal1(m): 10:03pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ D-reloaded,

You are missing the point . . . . . . . .
If i am traveling and sitting in an economy class, i must be tolerant to some certain kinda stuffs!!!!
Should an unruly deportee start acting like a manie, i would only curse within me and accept me fate.
My inner me would be kicking and shouting at me that why didn't u buy a business class ticket instead of this molue class. . .

@ Nwando,

It is unlikely u find a wailing baby in a 1st class section.
Say for instance u even find one. . . . . rich babies dont wail, they can purr now and then but at a reduced decibel.
However, in the economy class, please expect anything. . . . . . . Dogs, Bats, Pigs and whatever that can find its way into an airplane.
If u want comfort, u pay more!!!!!! I never said Life is fair, did i? grin grin grin
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 14, 2008
Since Seun littered moderators here and there people have started acting all crazy overnight.
People can't even talk freely shocked
yes we digressed but still within the limits of the discussion.
Is it possible to discuss the topic without saying other things related to it ?
If so the thread would have ended at 5 posts .
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by rikkyjen(m): 10:45pm On Apr 14, 2008
Siena:

Ladies and gents, this was an interesting topic, but between the original post, and a page later, the thread has digressed to a point, where it seems there are 3 threads under one title, it's barely recogniseable.

Let's quit sniping at each other, it's a free country, we don't all have to agree with each other. Insulting ourselves isn't the way to go either!

If feelings continue to run so high, the only option would be to lock this thread permanently.
I'm sure we'd all like this discussion to continue, but not the way it's been going.

Let's all try to calm down, thank you all.

Who the F%uck is this? and What the F@#$k are you talking about? angry

Actually, i don't do politics thread, i just strayed into this place and what did i see, a threat?

Is you threathening posters? You forgot, you were once like this posters bickering and contributing on threads.

So because, you were promoted to "class Janitor/class captain" you think you can threathen people here.

You better comot that your badge and respect yaself here!

I can understand when you tell them not to digress, Becos i know people here digress and i hate that shyte, but threathening with a lock is totally out of bounds.

Son, life continues after and outside Nairaland. . . . .
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by dnative(m): 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2008
rikkyjen:

Who the F%uck is this? and What the F@#$k are you talking about? angry

Actually, i don't do politics thread, i just strayed into this place and what did i see, a threat?

Is you threathening posters? You forgot, you were once like this posters bickering and contributing on threads.

So because, you were promoted to "class monitor/class captain" you think you can threathen people here.

You better comot that your badge and respect yaself here!

I can understand when you tell them not to digress, Becos i know people here digress and i hate that shyte, but threathening with a lock is totally out of bounds.

Son, life continues after and outside Nairaland. . . . .

My guy - no need to be rude.  You can make your point without all these. Siena is a gentleman and I'm sure possess enough civility to even respond to you.

On the other hand. It is good to see how some posters dey think say na dem get mouth monopoly for this nairaland - yarning opanta most times until they meet their match. 

@D-Reloaded - I can see you sure don't take no bull. Surprising how the loudmouthed go quiet when they meet their match. But please cool down abeg. No need to get yourself banned for these heated arguments.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by rikkyjen(m): 10:59pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Siena

I think i was rude there. Hei sorry for coming down heavy on ya. I was just a bit miffed that a fellow Nairaland user can threathen another person just because you became Mod days ago. Hei, am sorry bout that, ok? sad sad
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Jackal1(m): 11:02pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Rikkyjen,

Its so disgusting!!!!!!
Members threatening to ban, unlock threads and delete comments. . . .
This is one of the reasons i dont stray to this part of the forum. . . . .They def'ly lack sense of humour.
One can't talk. . . one can't express himself freely without being threatened in this day and age?
Its pathetic.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Uche2nna(m): 11:02pm On Apr 14, 2008
The dynamics of NL (lol)
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by TheSly: 11:17pm On Apr 14, 2008
What Kinda thread is this?
pffffffff im off
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 11:28pm On Apr 14, 2008
dnative link=topic=126441.msg2153940#msg2153940 date=1208210161 @D-Reloaded :
- I can see you sure don't take no bull. Surprising how the loudmouthed go quiet when they meet their match. But please cool down abeg. No need to get yourself banned for these heated arguments.

No mind them jare. They all run off claiming "maturity". Awon agbaya. Ass kissers. Make me sick. Typical Nigerians. Anything foreign is worthy of worship

Even if a random person slaps their face (as long a sits not a fellow Nigerian or African) for looking at them they go say "yes sah, I didnt mean to look at you" Trash like them are the kind that go around saying Emitt Till got what he deserved because he didnt follow the rules of the South in those times. Bloody disgraceful trolls.

They try to claim im the one that attacks people when they hide behind passive aggression and throw out insults covered in 'wordplay", like I havent been playing the same game for years. Abegi. Make I hear word

Siena, please don't mind the others. I get what you mean and most of my outbursts were replied to those who attacked me first. One don't have to be as foward as moi for me to get what they are trying to imply

anyway, im done, for now tongue
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 11:31pm On Apr 14, 2008
You people leave Siena alone. At least he doesnt delete posts and leave others while you are left wondering why you can see the response but not the original posts.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Dreloaded(f): 11:33pm On Apr 14, 2008
[quote author=Jackal. link=topic=126441.msg2153812#msg2153812 date=1208206981
@ Nwando,
rich babies don't wail, they can purr now and then but at a reduced decibel.

[quote][/quote]

Im glad you know these people give birth to animals tongue
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by vicade(m): 11:41pm On Apr 14, 2008
Siena:

Ladies and gents, this was an interesting topic, but between the original post, and a page later, the thread has digressed to a point, where it seems there are 3 threads under one title, it's barely recogniseable.

Let's quit sniping at each other, it's[b] a free country[/b], we don't all have to agree with each other. Insulting ourselves isn't the way to go either!

If feelings continue to run so high, the only option would be to lock this thread permanently. I'm sure we'd all like this discussion to continue, but not the way it's been going.

Let's all try to calm down, thank you all.

I think it is better not to make threats. Just lock the thread instead and yes permanently. People insulting each other should be made to pay for their own acions and not you threathening to lock the thread permanently based on some few hot tempers. Wrong approach. You and seun should work this threaths stuff out cos it is getting to much. The innocent pay when you lock the thread. cant you carry out necessary action individually

You and seun need to figure out a better approach to dealing with this kind of issue cos it is wrong to lock threads based on few high emotion lads,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Speeding Driver Kills Nasarawa University Student (Photo) / PTI Students Involved In Tragic Accident After NANS Convention In Gombe. Photos / My Trip To Shere Hills, Plateau State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.