Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row (23339 Views)

Isa Muazu: Nigeria To Accept UK Deportee's Plane / Nigerian Deportee Demands Pay For Kenyan Officials’ Release / Can Nigerian Deportee From Usa(overstayed Visa) Apply For Canada Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by 4Him1(m): 12:55am On Apr 17, 2008
4 Play:

If this guy kicked up a fuss with the Nigerian police,what will happen?

he'd be beaten, denied any right to appeal and paraded on Tv as an armed robber.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by 4Play(m): 12:57am On Apr 17, 2008
Imani:

Are you stalking me angry. I have a time tabled plan similar to the above shocked

Raising kids of secondary school age in the UK is NOT an option. I did my secondary school in Nigeria and did not die, so any child can cope.

My parents bundled us back home when were born so I would do the same to my kids.Can't imagine my kids in the environment.

D-reloaded:

Despite your love for UK? 4Play?
Dont want them to join the glorious "chav" culture? tongue

Brits are even more cultured,imagine kids growing up in the US. shocked
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Kobojunkie: 12:59am On Apr 17, 2008
4 Play:

My parents bundled us back home when were born so I would do the same to my kids.Can't imagine my kids in the environment.

Brits are even more cultured,imagine kids growing up in the US. shocked

LMAO!!! We actually think you guys have it worse than we do. I do actually intend to move back full time to Nigeria myself in abut 2 years. I see an open field of opportunities out there, untapped, ripe for me to plow. Definitely taking back a lot of things I have learned here to apply down there.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by 4Play(m): 1:02am On Apr 17, 2008
4 Him:

he'd be beaten, denied any right to appeal and paraded on Tv as an armed robber.

We can always blame the Nigerian Police for "uniformism" since we can't blame them for racism.We can claim they are discriminating against people who aren't in uniform.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by 4Him1(m): 1:04am On Apr 17, 2008
4 Play:

We can always blame the Nigerian Police for "uniformism" since we can't blame them for racism.We can claim they are discriminating against people who aren't in uniform.

No mr. Omotade would dare protest police brutality on the streets of Lagos. We can only do that on BA flights and then cry racism when the pilot throws us out for disturbing the peace.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 1:56am On Apr 17, 2008
i love nigeria! God bless nigeria and no matter what i still believe in nigeria, i have no choice but to believe, that one day, we shall overcome all our problems, where else can i call home
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by romeo(m): 8:27am On Apr 17, 2008
Abeg make una no dey fly BA, we get VN to patronise!!!
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by rasputinn(m): 9:16am On Apr 17, 2008
romeo:

Abeg make una no dey fly BA, we get VN to patronise!!!

Virgin what?
BA is still the best to me on the LAGOS-LONDON-LAGOS route
If na one of the American airlines for yankee,d matter for worse
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by anonimi: 9:25am On Apr 17, 2008
engineerd:

i love nigeria! God bless nigeria and no matter what i still believe in nigeria, i have no choice but to believe, that one day, we shall overcome all our problems, where else can i call home

just wondering where the 1st hausa/yoruba/igbo/ijaw/edo etc (wo)man to settle in what is now geographically known as Nigeria would call home
lamurudu or is oduduwa were said to have come from the Middle east or somewhere in that direction so can a yoruba man really really claim Nigeria as home?
how about about our distant cousins, offsprings of our great uncles & aunties that our forebears caught and sold as slaves to the white men for bottles of alcoholic drinks, some wraps of clothing, guns and ammunition to catch even more where will these great cousins call home
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by rasputinn(m): 9:43am On Apr 17, 2008
Talking about that "shelltox" spray thingy,why is it more rampant on out-bound flights from Nigeria.Are the airlines trying to say that TB is made in Nigeria.I thought it was mostly the white man's ailment.Airfrance is the worst in this regard.
Abi the thing na jazz wey the passengers go inhale and e go make dem come back to use the airline again?
Una tink say oyibo man no get juju grin grin grin grin
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by rasputinn(m): 9:50am On Apr 17, 2008
Wise words Nwando from you to re-loaded.Hell hole ko hole hell ni
Na there Aliko Dangote dey live oooo
If to say the guy stand well well and trust imself as far as doing something useful with his life IN NIGERIA,e for no dey scream as if dem wan cut im throat
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by delegiwa(m): 11:51am On Apr 17, 2008
rasputinn:

Talking about that "shelltox" spray thingy,why is it more rampant on out-bound flights from Nigeria.Are the airlines trying to say that TB is made in Nigeria.I thought it was mostly the white man's ailment.Airfrance is the worst in this regard.
Abi the thing na jazz wey the passengers go inhale and e go make them come back to use the airline again?
Una think say oyibo man no get juju grin grin grin grin

I'm really surprised that we are all joking about the continued shelltox aboard the planes. From our comments I can see that we don't like it but nobody has said anything. The day somebody will say anything about it, we will still be the same people accusing him or her of not minding their "damned" businesses. With this Mr Omotade's wahala I'm sure nobody will speak up again. We will all mind our individual businesses.

Then the airlines will graduate to using fire extinguishers instead of shelltox on all Lagos outbound planes, maybe then we will speak up. grin
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by bigbumper(f): 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2008
rasputinn:

Talking about that "shelltox" spray thingy,why is it more rampant on out-bound flights from Nigeria.
. . . Airfrance is the worst in this regard.
Abi the thing na jazz wey the passengers go inhale and e go make them come back to use the airline again?
Una think say oyibo man no get juju grin grin grin grin

no wonder I could't stay away from Airfrance.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by blueprint3: 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2008
Well I flew BA when coming to the UK in febuary and I think thier crew and customer service was ok. there is really no need to say they should not be flown by nigerian just because they booted thier own fellow british citizen. Mind you this things happen every dayin two many airports. So why should we inconvinience ourselves just because of 1 man.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by blueprint3: 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2008
my dear, talking about rights and no rights, no desrespect but I know the proceedures that captains have to follow before the embark on any type of journeys. And 1 thing you must know is that if a captain has to get you safely to your destination, his mind has to be at rest. So if by or for some reason the captain saw this other naija dude as a threat to the flight and he thought he would not have rest of mind with the nigerain protester on the flight he has to boot him or any other rowdy fellowoff the flight for the safety of the others on board. Note, flying a plane is not like driving danfo or Okada oh, Some folks go mad(and end up in ARO yaba) trying to learn how to fly these things.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by blueprint3: 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2008
lolll!!!you guys are funny oh, ok like you dont know that, thats actually a mild quarantine spray not only for mosquito's but also to kill dangerous bactaria and viuses in the out bound aircract.we carry these things in and outside our bodies,and Its part of their Immigration and custom laws to carry out quarantine proceedures on some airlines before departing the flight. If you come into that country which some type of contagious infection, the airline would be fined heavely. On the other hand, if you dont like the smell , dont fly with them. Better still stay in your country. Another thing is that I personally think its true though that the europians, especially dont like us Nigerians much.
Living in the UK I have come to learn this.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by blueprint3: 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2008
Don't open a can of worms with your use of the term "illegal". You will be shocked the number of people who see overstaying as "hustling". Certain guys, i will withold their tribe in the UK, so i am not labeled a tribalist, will do anything to evade the long arm of the law, and when they are caught, fight deportation claiming "human rights defence"

I have no sympathy to those that overstay, and i know it sounds harsh especially if children are involved, but people are responsible for EVERY choice they make. If you can do the deed, then you can do the time is my philosophy. When our people actually start behaving in a manner that reflects us in a positive light, we will always have problems with foreign countries who refuse to accept our substandard ways of life.

Imani you are very sound, its so appalling that a supposed to be sensible Nigerian would be lucky enough to get a six months visa then decided to mistake his status for a work permit or a permanent stay. some even mistake their six months visa for a British passport giving other innocent and well meaning Nigerians a bad image, who ever started this anti BA campaign is extremely irrational, without meaning any disrespect.
a country that used to beg us Nigerians to come and take up good jobs  in their country back in the days, has now resorted to booting out Nigerian CV's from their recruitment agency databases. its too bad.
Please those of you who are aspiring to get visas for the first time into the UK try to return before the visa expires at least, you can always reapply through the drop box for 2 years.
i think personally that if there is a sentimental issue to be shared among ourselves it should be be 1 that is sensible, why should I speak out for a non patroitic, it defeats the whole purpose of speaking out in the first place.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2008
blue.print:

lolll!!!you guys are funny oh, ok like you don't know that, thats actually a mild quarantine spray not only for mosquito's but also to kill dangerous bactaria and viuses in the out bound aircract.we carry these things in and outside our bodies,and Its part of their Immigration and custom laws to carry out quarantine proceedures on some airlines before departing the flight. If you come into that country which some type of contagious infection, the airline would be fined heavely. On the other hand, if you don't like the smell , don't fly with them. Better still stay in your country. Another thing is that I personally think its true though that the europians, especially don't like us Nigerians much.
Living in the UK I have come to learn this.

Brother please!!!!!!

if they must spray me while going to Naija,I demand they also spray me while going to Toronto.
My bacteria will not disappear while flying northwards grin
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by blueprint3: 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2008
you mean, if they must spray you while going to toronto , why dont they spray you while going to naija?? 2 answers to that question.
1. due to the bad name we have giving our selves and negetive media about our health facilities and general gist of disease outbreak in africa we have been relegated to a position were by even a country like france would administer quarantines on flights coming from nigeria.
2. If you have the power, fight for you right. if not, take your case to the world court.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2008
All I'm saying is that it's wrong to single out any country.
Here in the USA when applying for a green card,everyone submits to an HIV and TB test whether you come from Uganda or Sweden.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by dee02(m): 7:47pm On Apr 17, 2008
if you overstay your visa, whatever you face as a consequence is fair enough and they have the right to launch you out of the country!

BA could be disrespectful to Nigerians in general but then we bought all the trouble for ourselves from the start
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by deor03(m): 8:00pm On Apr 17, 2008
I really don't know when the black man( especially Nigerians) can ever come together for a cause. This is as simple as fighting for yourselves if you boycott these guys it is their turn today, it might be your turn tomorrow.

The airline would have almost gone bankcrupt if this happened to a british man. Environmentalist almost runied shell's income some years back in the UK because of a false alarm.

What they did to the passangers of the plane is wrong. There are better ways of managing that crisis. The wouldn't have done that to europeans.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2008
I don't blame them at all.
Is it easy for them to even endure the noise level on these flights to Lagos.
It's insane.
They have to practically beg and plead with folks to sit on their seats and wear the seat belts.
You'll see these illiterate traders returning from  China and Singapore talking so loudly as though they own the aircraft.
Turning a boeing 747 into Alaba and ogbete market.
There was even one loud mouthed mama Iyabo taking off her braids on the plane and spreading lice grin

Some of these people ought to be tossed off the planes at high altitude grin
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by kjott(f): 8:17pm On Apr 17, 2008
you know wot,have read dis piece somewhere and now i believe its true.And by d way,for some people whose reply is against Ayo,it makes me want to say dat ''omo ale ni awon kan sha!''. Really, dis ayo guy wont make up a thing like dis,why and 4 wot?and to think dat naija policemen are mean,oyinbo police are meaner if you encounter them.Ayo man,SORRY O! talkin about man's inhumanity against man.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by romeo(m): 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2008
nwando:

I don't blame them at all.
Is it easy for them to even endure the noise level on these flights to Lagos.
It's insane.
They have to practically beg and plead with folks to sit on their seats and wear the seat belts.
You'll see these illiterate traders returning from China and Singapore talking so loudly as though they own the aircraft.
Turning a boeing 747 into Alaba and ogbete market.
There was even one loud mouthed mama Iyabo taking off her braids on the plane and spreading lice grin

Some of these people ought to be tossed off the planes at high altitude grin

I take God beg you!! remove ogbete from that list!!! abeg put Aba market or Main market Onitsha grin

such bad things they do to us should be on the Nigerian airwaves all the time but they (the radio and tv) would prefer to talk about Jay-z and Beyonce
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by DisGuy: 10:01pm On Apr 17, 2008
dee02:

if you overstay your visa, whatever you face as a consequence is fair enough and they have the right to launch you out of the country!

BA could be disrespectful to Nigerians in general but then we bought all the trouble for ourselves from the start

okay, next time i see a Somalian/Sudanese spitting on the floor, I guess it will be okay to stone him on the forehead after all the supporter of APC and their govt do far worse angry

good thing is, something similar will happen to one of us and we'll probably be too depressed to share it with your bosoms on nairaland wink
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by lucabrasi(m): 10:46pm On Apr 17, 2008
Dis Guy:

okay, next time i see a Somalian/Sudanese spitting on the floor, I guess it will be okay to stone him on the forehead after all the supporter of APC and their govt do far worse angry

good thing is, something similar will happen to one of us and we'll probably be too depressed to share it with your bosoms on nairaland wink

that is why nigerians will always be suppressed and oppressed especially in the united kingdom,they are always have fragmented views and never a unity of purpose,if you read all the threads concerning this omotade issue ,you will wonder if some people are actually nigerians and why they even bother going to nigeria at all,they ignore their fellow nigerians and when they now suffer some racial discrimination,they are brought back to earth and remember they have a community that ll stand up for them somewhere,they are demonising the guy instead of applauding his courage and principles and you ll get some saying that serves him right that he should have sat down quietly and next time he will not speak up as if ,they will be where they are in uk if the first set of immigrants had sat down quietly and not challenged the system forcing change
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2008
An aircraft about to take off is not a venue for a union protest.
There are better ways to channel one's grievances.
Next time I promise you Mr Omotade will learn when to speak and how.
With all the terrorism around us,any gra gra on the airplane ought to be dealt with to protect us.
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by almondjoy(f): 5:45am On Apr 18, 2008
Finally, we have arrived at a perfect conclusion to this thread.  Nigerians should learn to address grievances throught the proper channels except in Nigeria where there are no proper channels.

Oduduwa and Are Ona kan kan Fo can be resurrected for all we care to sign the gaddem pertition  . . .the BA staff will not go back on their stand on this matter. . .so no need to breathe on this topic any more.

@Dear Mr. "Ever Busy Body" Omotola,

Please next time you are on a Virgin Atlantic flight. . . since your arse has been banned from all BA flights FOR LIFE. . . . . . . . . . .including all your descendants who frankly should be banned for life too, since this busy body/over sabi problem may be genetic. . . .sit your bloody tail in your seat.

I am wondering if Mr. Omotola was a British born citizen who has spent like 50 years in Nigeria only to visit for the first time and was returning home to tend to his farm or something.  I think if he was a real "Brit", he would not have done what he did.  Abi na so "British" people dhey behave? 

Why am I not surprised? tongue

You can take the monkey out of the bush, but can never take the bush out of the monkey.  British born citizens or people who have lived there for a long time would not act like he did.

So Mr. Omotola. . . next time you hear things like "Mo ti ku ooooooooo", Egbami ooooooooooooooooh, Mo gbe oooooooooooooooooooh. . . .[/b]just shut your lousy mouse trap of a mouth and mind your business. Even if it was your only son that was being deported for being an unwanted refugee in the UK!

[b] [size=25pt]NIGERIA. . . make una take shame get una own airlines!  You no dey shame?  Fool at 47 abi na 47 this year in 20th world nations of AGBAYABILITY![/size]

GOODBYE THREAD!!!! kiss

I think I am done here! Almost 12 pages of the same old crap!
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by EloSela(f): 6:53am On Apr 18, 2008
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080418/ap_on_re_us/praying_passenger
[size=18pt]
Praying passenger removed from plane at NY airport
[/size]

37 minutes ago

NEW YORK - A passenger who left his seat to pray in the back of a plane before it took off, ignoring flight attendants' orders to return, was removed by an airport security guard, a witness and the airline said.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Orthodox Jewish man, who wore a full beard, a black hat and a long black coat, stood near the lavatories and began saying his prayers while the United Airlines jet was being boarded at John F. Kennedy International Airport on Wednesday night, said Ori Brafman, a fellow passenger who spoke about the incident by phone from San Francisco, where he lives.

When flight attendants urged the man, who was carrying a religious book, to take his seat, he ignored them, Brafman said. Two friends, who were seated, tried to tell the attendants that the man couldn't stop until after he'd finished his prayers in about 2 minutes, he said.

When the man finally stopped praying, he explained that he couldn't interrupt his religious ritual and wasn't trying to be rude. But the attendants summoned a guard to remove him, said Brafman, a writer who had been visiting New York to talk to publishers.

The plane, Flight 9 to San Francisco, took off without the man. It landed at its destination as scheduled, Brafman said.

Robin Urbanski, a spokeswoman for United Airlines, a subsidiary of UAL Corp. with headquarters in Chicago, confirmed the man was taken off the plane and put on another flight Thursday morning.

Urbanski said flights cannot depart if all passengers are not in their seats, which risks a delay, and it is important that passengers listen to the instructions of the flight crew.

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which runs area airports, and the Transportation Security Administration, which handles airport security, said Thursday they weren't involved in the incident.

Jewish boycott of United airlines anyone *chuckle* grin grin grin grin
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by EloSela(f): 6:55am On Apr 18, 2008
embarassed double post
Re: 136 Ba Passengers Removed From Jet Over Deportee Row by nkc(m): 7:54am On Apr 18, 2008
frankly after reading what some of u posted am i greatly disappointed at most of u, if not all, so because u guys just saved small chicken money to travel, and have a new lease of life, u guys are there talking trash,well i dont blame u peeps,u na dey fear make dey no ban u, well i no nigerians, always faulting each other,it really pains me, i have silently read many a post from all u peeps, but this one got me thinking , this guys must be for real, tis has passed faceless forum, some are really showing there tru nature, dont worry, u guys should try hard to carve a niche for yaselfs over there,but pls dont come back to naija again, even those wey dey insult us for here no wahala, just stay there , and die there,u guys really disgrace us back home.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Speeding Driver Kills Nasarawa University Student (Photo) / PTI Students Involved In Tragic Accident After NANS Convention In Gombe. Photos / My Trip To Shere Hills, Plateau State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.