Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. (80877 Views)

Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? / What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Afam4eva(m): 7:31am On Nov 16, 2013
genxris: 1. When the sun sets
2.Mama sunday
3.True confession
4.Sakobi
5.Abandoned
6.Afifia Uguru (harmartan grass)
7.Silent Night
8.Glamour girls
9.Conspiracy
10.Ijele
Mama Sunday brought out the best in Francis Duru.
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by chucky234(m): 7:31am On Nov 16, 2013
braveheart2012: The only movies I remember are the true classics from the late nineties: Violated, Glamour Girls, Domitila, Tears For love, Out of Bounds, Ti Oluwa Ni Ile, Magun (Thunderbolt), O Le Ku, Saworoide etc...

I also remember the Yoruba movies before Nollywood like Obinrin Asiko, Ashewo To Re Mecca, Nkan Ashiri, geez... feels like centuries ago. We've come far oh.
Hmmm Obinrin Asiko, that movie starred Omolade and Ogogo.
Nice movie.
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by write2obi(m): 7:33am On Nov 16, 2013
houstonia: 1) witches
2) last burial
3) Chain Reaction
4)Vuga
5)Lost Kingdom
6)sins Of the Fathers
7)Above Death
Please who can remind me of the name of this movie where Ramsy Noah got attracted to Rita Nzelu and eventually got married to her and then realised she was his sister?

Liz benson
Pete Edochie
Chinedu ikedieze
Love that movie

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by write2obi(m): 7:35am On Nov 16, 2013
houstonia: After school Hours. Lol

Bad boys

Across The Border.

Who knows that Vuga was actually Jim Iyke's first movie?

Me undecided I saw his him that movie looking very hungry
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Afam4eva(m): 7:38am On Nov 16, 2013
alaoeri: Take me to mama - Saint Obi and Igodo what a nice movies they are.
Take Me to Mama wasn't really nice. it was a movie produced by St Obi where he set out to tell us how he burnt a car in the movie like it's any of our business.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Ignatio(m): 7:41am On Nov 16, 2013
chucky234: Full Moon,Most Wanted, Igodo, True Confession,Died Wretched, Onome, Amadioha, Lagos Na wa, Silent Nights, Two sisters, True Love, Boundage.
Does anyone remember Peter Bunor Jr.? That kid was the next big thing before he disappeared into thin air allowing Aki 'n' Pawpaw to take over.

I remember the kid. I think he left to face his studies. Nollywood needs his likes.
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Afam4eva(m): 7:44am On Nov 16, 2013
iamdsam: The Battle of Musangha and Nautty Jeff and many others I can't remember their name right now. I really miss these movies and I wanna watch them again.
The guy that produced "Battle of Muzhanga" has to tell us how he was able to convince those women to go topless in the movie.
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by macdelene(m): 7:45am On Nov 16, 2013
Omo even BILLIONAIRE'S CLUB. That film was it.
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by ajanaku2(m): 8:06am On Nov 16, 2013
Knowledge9000: I don't think Nigeria would have made headway in the movie industry without the Igbos. They pioneered and championed the industry...look at all the actors then, pretty much all IGBOS! Please no haters...this is an observation that requires commendation from all ethnic groups. Any attack, you are finished!

And some Ignoramuses liked this post!

You might be right about the industry being Igbo-dominated but saying the Igbos pioneered and championed the Industry is not just a Fallacy but an indisputable Falsity...

Where were the Igbos when Ola Balogun and Herbert Ogunde were producing Films for Awolowo-inspired Western Nigerian Government Broadcasting Corporation (WNTV), now NTA, Ibadan in the 60s? That was the first TV station in Sub-saharan Africa and Igbos had theirs years later!

I think you need to check a dictionary to confirm the meaning of the words, "pioneer" and "champion"...
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 16, 2013
All these movies almost brought tears to my eyes......Nigeria appreciated creativity back then.

Just look at the present....after they started calling it nollywood, it became a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Kizment(m): 8:17am On Nov 16, 2013
Were is DOMITILA
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by valicious1(m): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2013
Some more lols

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 16, 2013
Akinmail:

come here. That's just what you watched growing up. For me growing up i didn't watched these films caused i watched mostly youruba films. Should i now say that the films i watched growing up were the most popular? Believe it or not not everyone has same experience with you while growing. Apart from the really popular ones like osofia in london, and maybe isakaba sorry i'm blank when you mention the rest.

keep deceiving your self
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 16, 2013
ajanaku2:

And some Ignoramuses liked this post!

You might be right about the industry being Igbo-dominated but saying the Igbos pioneered and championed the Industry is not just a Fallacy but an indisputable Falsity...

Where were the Igbos when Ola Balogun and Herbert Ogunde were producing Films for Awolowo-inspired Western Nigerian Government Broadcasting Corporation (WNTV), now NTA, Ibadan? That was the first TV station in Sub-saharan Africa and Igbos had theirs years later!

I think you need to check a dictionary to confirm the meaning of the words, "pioneer" and "champion"...
Ka okeke gachara army, Kedu boot ya?

Igbos must be geniuses then, for starting late and doing it better.
Why are u ppl running up and down, Living in bondage is not the first Igbo film but that's the one that first introduced Nigeria to the world,in the area of films.
And nollywood started.
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by freeradical(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2013
tekel: end of the wicked. ( puuff puuuuff)
Guy you dey remember sumtin ooo. That part of the film eh na die.
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by PasD(m): 8:32am On Nov 16, 2013
Aki na ukwa
Grace to grass
Troy
Gladiator
Big momma
Pirates of the carribean (jack sparrow)
Salt
Desperate house wives

And many more.....nigeria tried o. *covers my eyes with my hand*
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by onyichick(f): 8:34am On Nov 16, 2013
one dollar,there's dis other film i cant remember d name when d boy died d father was crying happy day don gooo o happy day,onyeka starred in d movie.
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 16, 2013
mac-delene:
Omo even BILLIONAIRE'S CLUB. That film was it.
Billionaires club - we watched that movie in my house more than 20x
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by seankay(m): 8:36am On Nov 16, 2013
bonna4u: Lagos na wa
Pam Pam
Stupid(can you not just moderate my post this once. Stu*pid is the name of a movie not silly)
Elastic Limit
Forbidding fruit
Shame
Black Sheep
Full moon
Evil men
Sorrows of Ken
The Senator
Blind Trust
Silent night
Rattle Snake
Violated
The stubborn Grasshopper
The Harbinger
The Oracle
World Apart
ijele
Died wretched
Seasons of Tears
The Gardener
Anointed
EndTimes
Lagos nawa starring afeez oyetoro aka saka
.dats film's bleeping hilarious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by seankay(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2013
*SOS(son of satan)
*That film ranson noah used his manhood 4 rituals,he repented atlast
*there's anoda film an evil hand slapped justus Esiri
*Disguised-Emeka ike and chioma Chukwuka
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by ajanaku2(m): 8:43am On Nov 16, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Ka okeke gachara army, Kedu boot ya?

Igbos must be geniuses then, for starting late and doing it better.
Why are u ppl running up and down, Living in bondage is not the first Igbo film but that's the one that first introduced Nigeria to the world,in the area of films.
And nollywood started.

Igbos doing it better? Really? With those crappy films that take less than 2 weeks to shoot? I'm sure you know better in the depths of your mind! Either that or you know close to nothing about what it entails to be a Cinematographer and Movie Director!

Ever heard of Tunde Kelani? Well, I read somewhere that He's the best Cinematographer in Nigeria. I doubted that fact until I saw "Maami"...What a Movie!

Kunle Afolayan trails behind him in this regard too! I watched "Phone Swap" and I was absolutely wowed! I asked Myself, "Na Nigerian film be this?"...

By the way, I'm a Fan of Nkem Owoh and Chiwetalu Agu! Igbos are the best when it comes to the comedy genre!
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by tosinjoe(m): 9:00am On Nov 16, 2013
I nid to finish a film archive asap, anybody with directions?
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by valicious1(m): 9:08am On Nov 16, 2013
More

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by babymillenium(f): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2013
Ignatio: Rattlesnake, Battle of Musanga, Silent Night, Akaraka Adanmma pt 1-7 etc.
Can one get these classics in DVD?
yeah am sure of rattle snake
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by longjohnsilver: 9:13am On Nov 16, 2013
We still av some nice recent movies nao...most movies nao don't seem to av new and good storylines of yesteryears...buh dis thread give me nostalgic feelings no doubt

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by kzokul(m): 9:18am On Nov 16, 2013
Mamacita007: Karashikaaaaaaa karashikaaaa grin grin
wat of circle of doom?

there's 1 movie where a stingy man buried his brother in an expensive casket. i can't remember the name
Died wretched..
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by LadyH(f): 9:21am On Nov 16, 2013
I never watched living in bondage sad I want to watch living in bondage cry Anyone knows where I can dwnload it from? pls??
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by LadyH(f): 9:28am On Nov 16, 2013
fittty: Wow! We used to watch them on VHS cassette player. cheesy video club tinz
lmao!! times have really changed. i looove this thread. memories. cry
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Oludrex(m): 9:30am On Nov 16, 2013
longjohnsilver: We still av some nice recent movies nao...most movies nao don't seem to av new and good storylines of yesteryears...buh dis thread give me nostalgic feelings no doubt

No feel like superstar o.. Na me like d rubbish u posted
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by longjohnsilver: 9:36am On Nov 16, 2013
Oludrex:

No feel like superstar o.. Na me like d rubbish u posted
Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 16, 2013
omicron: IGODO!!! Please anybody knows where I can find that movie to re-watch! A classic African Movie.
youtube,watched it dere sme weeks ago

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 16, 2013
LadyH: I never watched living in bondage sad I want to watch living in bondage cry Anyone knows where I can dwnload it from? pls??
small geh grin, try ww.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Biggie Tells Dorathy To Leave Diary Room Over Indecent Dressing / Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Dressed In Woman's Attire And Got People Talking / BBNaija: The N60 Million Prize For Winner, A Breakdown (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.