Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,233 members, 7,860,491 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:36 AM

Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? (23945 Views)

Photos: Is Jesus On His Way Back? / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by passjamb(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
THE BIG DEAL IS HE ROSE UP 3 DAYS AFTER, NO OTHER HUMAN BEING HAS SINCE THE WORLD BEGAN. HE CONQUERED DEATH, THAT IS THE BIG DEAL!!!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
andyanders:

Best answer to people who has sold their mind to lucify, coming to this forum to vomit the words planted by lucify in their minds.
Who is Lucify? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adoniza(m): 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
DASKACE:

God made man rational being and not a mere robot that obeys command, His reason not far fetched so that man will prove his loyalty to Him before he can live as an immortal being. Apply this simple logic: test is set for student in a particular subject after some time of coaching by the teacher, so also was the first man placed in the splendour of a beautiful garden with simply test of not eating from the tree of knowledge. They failed that test by heeding to the first sinner advise of lucifer to eat from the tree. Lucifer already facing eternal condemnation and looking for people to go down with him deceived the first man to eat from the forbidden fruit. If there is one thing God can not stand, it is disobedience ie one being a rebellious to His laid down statues. Believe me bro, anything He does is so justifiable and for every action, there is a reaction. So also, there is consequences for everything we do here on earth whether good or bad. Deut 30:19 I have set life and prosperity, death and adversity, now choose life that you might live.

Look bro, the bible made it clear that God is "Omniscience" which simply means "All knowing", now that said, he already knew that Lucifer would deceive them and that they would surely give-in to that. So what then is he testing??

If he was truely testing them, then he is clearly not omniscient, which means the bible "lied"
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
DASKACE:

He love everybody equal as death is a thing not to be feared, it is one fate awaiting us all. As for this present life we are in now, it is filled with imperfections. Psalm 82:5 'They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course'. That is why this present earth will be destroyed by God someday and create a new heaven and a new earth free from present imperfection. He will reward the overcomers with life eternal here on earth.

Did genesis not give an account of more than one god? " let us make man in our image". What happened to the other ones?

If your god loves everyone equally, there wouldn't be hunger,tension etc on earth? Unless you are hiding something. And who are the overcomers? It seems you are telling me what you have been programmed to say. You no not seem to have your own mind.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
adoniza: Why can't God defend himself?

Check some of the so called M.O.G, they all have personal body guards (with arms) and some even on bullet proof cars, yet they tell you that can protect you.

Protect himself? From what?
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Tracetruth: 5:23pm On Apr 23, 2013
The truth remains that when people decides to be suppressed by a particular line of reasoning it becomes almost impossible to redirect their views on issues that are especially too big for
Them. This is to my christian brothers who are on this thread,we must not forget that the devil would stop at nothing to undermine who our dear LORD is. Be mindful of the wiles of the devil and his cohorts, don't have conflicting purpose in your fellowship with the LORD. It is only reasonable for events like this happen to validate the authenticity of the most attacked, yet most desired book.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by jesuton(m): 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
in live u are free to make your choice because it has been placed before us to choose what we believe and who to follow so i'll say na u get ur mouth ask anything you want to ask,but one thing remains wait until you breath your last breathe then you will get answers to many things you dont know and you will have to account for all you have said and done.to the christians in the house hold on to what you believe in the end some will be kept in the barn and the rest burnt a word is enuf for the wise.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Fhemmmy: 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
passjamb: THE BIG DEAL IS HE ROSE UP 3 DAYS AFTER, NO OTHER HUMAN BEING HAS SINCE THE WORLD BEGAN. HE CONQUERED DEATH, THAT IS THE BIG DEAL!!!

Amen to that!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adoniza(m): 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh:

The word of God never condemned rituals. Since the days of Abraham there have bn sacrifices to God. His issue is with rituals and sacrifices to other gods. He is a jealous God and you must worship him alone.

So why are Christians not offering those animal sacrifices to him anymore?? after all it was used to please him in the past
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
passjamb: THE BIG DEAL IS HE ROSE UP 3 DAYS AFTER, NO OTHER HUMAN BEING HAS SINCE THE WORLD BEGAN. HE CONQUERED DEATH, THAT IS THE BIG DEAL!!!

Damn Fela what a great prophet you were!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

Ok laws like stoning kids to death,killing homosexual are old testament laws.

Why is the church still against gay people if those were old laws? And why do you still read from the old testament?

Seems to me The only parts of the bible that christians believe in are the ones they need at the time. The bible is hilarious and anyone that believes in it is ignorant..... It is a funny book to read.

Ok I haven't read the part of the Bible that says to stone kids to death. As for homosexuals God HATES homosexuality . He HATES it. That one cannot change. His word cannot change. You can call me ignorant, but I'd rather be a fool for God than a wise man for the world. After all I won't live on this earth pass 100 yrs but the other side is for eternity
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 5:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
adoniza:

So why are Christians not offering those animal sacrifices to him anymore?? after all it was used to please him in the past

Because Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice. See the blood of Jesus is all the sacrifice you need. No more slaughtering ram, Jesus has died for you.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by DASKACE(m): 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
adoniza:

Look bro, the bible made it clear that God is "Omniscience" which simply means "All knowing", now that said, he already knew that Lucifer would deceive them and that they would surely give-in to that. So what then is he testing??

If he was truely testing them, then he is clearly not omniscient, which means the bible "lied"

There are certain things that the human mind can not comprehend, you certainly need the help of the Holy Spirit to decipher them.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh:

Ok I haven't read the part of the Bible that says to stone kids to death. As for homosexuals God HATES homosexuality . He HATES it. That one cannot change. His word cannot change. You can call me ignorant, but I'd rather be a fool for God than a wise man for the world. After all I won't live on this earth pass 100 yrs but the other side is for eternity

"If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." 21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death." Deut 21:18-21

This is one of those weird passages in the Old Testament. In my mind is reiterates what a jealous, callous god God is during this time. He is all judgment and punishment...far from a loving dude

No wonder he had jewsus killed
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adoniza(m): 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh:

Protect himself? From what?

From the atheist's who stands against everything he represents...
It's only the deluded humans that tends to do so and even go on to threaten with the old words "the wrath of God" which never happens. And he (God) would just sit there doing nothing because he is absolutely powerless and can't do nada
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Johnchike(m): 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2013
Demain_man:

The wages of sin is death. And Jesus died. And some posters here said he did not commit sin? How? And he died? I am really confused
Jesus died for the sake of mankind. He took our place on the cross. Jesus died because of our sins.

Example: A principal says any student who litters the floor must be flogged. One day, some students littered the floor with so much dirt, the principal then decides to punish them. Remember, it's the law: The punishment for littering the floor is flogging!
Then suddenly, the principal's Son decides to save these students out of love he has for them. He tries to plead with his father. The father says: I can't go back on my words. I've been forgiving them before but they are just stubborn. They've decided not to stop. They even mock me. I regret admitting them as students. I have decreed, the punishment must be meted out. Then the son says “Okay Father, flog me instead. Let me serve the punishment on their behalf, let me pay the price for them”.
The Father thinks, how can I flog my own son? The Son says; Father if you don't flog me the staff and students would say you are partial. I'm willing to accept the punishment.
This is exactly what Jesus did for us on the Cross. Jesus died for us, he took the punishment meant for us. He saved us thus giving us salvation.
The only way to partake under the umbrella of His love and salvation is to repent, believe in Him as your Saviour and avoid sin(don't litter the ground again).
Jesus, I love you. Thank you Jesus Christ.

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by DASKACE(m): 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

Did genesis not give an account of more than one god? " let us make man in our image". What happened to the other ones?

If your god loves everyone equally, there wouldn't be hunger,tension etc on earth? Unless you are hiding something. And who are the overcomers? It seems you are telling me what you have been programmed to say. You no not seem to have your own mind.

Hunger, tensions that exist here are as a result of the faulty foundation laid by our first parents. Psalm 11:3 "If the foundations are destroyed, What can the righteous do?". Never mind, a new foundation will be laid soonest that will be anchored on righteousness devoid of consequences of sin. Isaiah 65:17 "See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind".
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by kpolli(m): 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: It's a question that should be answered with utmost sincerity, with all honesty and with no religious bias (but I doubt my christian folks will be able to do that).

But let's examine the death of jesus, christians from time immemorial have given us the illusion that it was the greatest and noblest thing any man or God could have done for his people, by paying the ultimate price, ( giving up his life),

But I chose to disagree, in the case of jesus, he is said to be God, and he created all things, having this knowledge how would coming to earth and dying and going back to splendor a big deal? I know of people who have gone through a lot worse for no reward at all, not to talk about jesus, who is supposed to be the beginning and the end, this should have been like a walk in the park for him.

But it was'nt, even knowing fully well that he was going to rise up again and be praised in heaven and on earth for all eternity, he was still scared, begging himself in heaven not to allow the whole thing happen.

Personally I would go through all jesus went through just to be given one billion dollars, I know of people who would go through same tin or even worse for less, did jesus suffer more than the slaves in america? Or did he suffer more than the people who were tortured and beaten to death, in places like cambodia, uganda, rwanda etc, the answer is No, so christians should stop saying how difficult it was for jesus to lay his life down for sinners.

First bolded part, name them.

Second bolded part, if you did... You would die, so how would you spend it? Obvious you didn't think before you typed.... That's how fools kill themselves expecting to meet 40 virgins in hell...

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Ayopercent(m): 5:50pm On Apr 23, 2013
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish FOOLISHNESS:but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.1cor 1 vs 18
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adoniza(m): 5:56pm On Apr 23, 2013
DASKACE:

There are certain things that the human mind can not comprehend, you certainly need the help of the Holy Spirit to decipher them.

What is the holy spirit and where does he live? Can you prove he exists?

Bro, just open your eyes and see, this is ridiculous. Think about it. The bible is way too childish.

Funny enough, God(omniscient) already knew you would be on nairaland today, and he also knows weather or not you would goto heaven, and weather you like it or not you simply can't change that nomatter how much sin you commit. If you change that, then he is not omniscient.

So my point is, why bother yourself with the burden of trying to make heaven while your destiny is already known to him and cannot be changed?
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Connoisseur(m): 5:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
This is a battle against what i ve been taught and what i think its true
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 23, 2013

are you VERY SURE of that? what else do you know about the story apart from what you were told??
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Demainman1: 6:03pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh:

He died for our sin. Yours and mine. Understand that he was pure, without sin, the ultimate sacrificial lamb. Dying for our sins so we can be free of the bondage. That law that said you will die for your sins got amended. The Jesus amendment

Did not the bible also say that the 'the soul that sinneth shall die?'[/b]Ezekiel 18:20

[b]What i think the @OP is saying in this write-up which no one seems to be addressing is that Jesus is God, Jesus knew that he can be killed and he will rise again after three days because he is GOD. So dying will hold no fear for him since he is GOD anyway. GET IT ALL?

Human beings are afraid of death because we don't know where we are going after death. IF we were like JESUS who is GOD and who created death and can rise up again after death, we will definitely not be afraid to die, whether by the cross, or drowning, or bullet!!! BECAUSE WE WILL SIMPLY RISE AGAIN ANYTIME WE WANT. GET IT??
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2013
adoniza:

From the atheist's who stands against everything he represents...
It's only the deluded humans that tends to do so and even go on to threaten with the old words "the wrath of God" which never happens. And he (God) would just sit there doing nothing because he is absolutely powerless and can't do nada

God doesn't need to protect himself from anyone. He loves everyone even the atheist and he wants that atheist to repent and come on to him. I wish not to see the wrath of God, please pray not to. God has given everyone free will. Even hitler had free will. We commit such sin against him and each other every day but stop and think, if he gets involved in our petty squabbles we will look @ him with small eyes. He is above all that now. He is the Oga at the top. He has all the power. I can just imagine him in heaven accepting the souls of those hitler killed to rest with him in heaven.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adoniza(m): 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh:

Because Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice. See the blood of Jesus is all the sacrifice you need. No more slaughtering ram, Jesus has died for you.

The bible stated that God is "unchangeable" i.e his wisdom and ideas remain the same forever.

So why did he not realize that the animal sacrifies was not necessary in the first place?? And when he realized it, he then sent jesus to be the last and "ultimate" blood sacrifice.

Now tell me, is there any atom of "perfect" in that figure (God)
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

"If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." 21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death." Deut 21:18-21

This is one of those weird passages in the Old Testament. In my mind is reiterates what a jealous, callous god God is during this time. He is all judgment and punishment...far from a loving dude

No wonder he had jewsus killed

The wages of sin is death. The son shall die for remiaining in sin. Again that is the Old Testament. The New Testament is LOVE. Love your neigh our as yourself. Even if you choose not to love, God loves you.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
adoniza:

The bible stated that God is "unchangeable" i.e his wisdom and ideas remain the same forever.

So why did he not realize that the animal sacrifies was not necessary in the first place?? And when he realized it, he then sent jesus to be the last and "ultimate" blood sacrifice.

Now tell me, is there any atom of "perfect" in that figure (God)

God has promised the Jews a redeemer for a long time. Before the days of Isiah he had already them a redeemer, a king to make things new. He is perfect. Very perfect. He is unchangeable, his words do not change.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh:

The wages of sin is death. The son shall die for remiaining in sin. Again that is the Old Testament. The New Testament is LOVE. Love your neigh our as yourself. Even if you choose not to love, God loves you.

Does look like you are dealing with different gods. One kills lil babies and the other one killed his own baby to set an example.

Would you kill your child if yahweh ask you to?
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
Demain_man:

Did not the bible also say that the 'the soul that sinneth shall die?'[/b]Ezekiel 18:20

[b]What i think the @OP is saying in this write-up which no one seems to be addressing is that Jesus is God, Jesus knew that he can be killed and he will rise again after three days because he is GOD. So dying will hold no fear for him since he is GOD anyway. GET IT ALL?

Human beings are afraid of death because we don't know where we are going after death. IF we were like JESUS who is GOD and who created death and can rise up again after death, we will definitely not be afraid to die, whether by the cross, or drowning, or bullet!!! BECAUSE WE WILL SIMPLY RISE AGAIN ANYTIME WE WANT. GET IT??

His death and resurrection goes beyond the physical. He didn't just,ie in the tomb for 2 days and get up on the 3rd. I believe there was some serious battle in the metaphysical. Then again that much I don't know, but I do know that the love and peace that Jesus gives me is truly magical
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Demainman1: 6:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh:

His death and resurrection goes beyond the physical. He didn't just,ie in the tomb for 2 days and get up on the 3rd. I believe there was some serious battle in the metaphysical. Then again that much I don't know, but I do know that the love and peace that Jesus gives me is truly magical

Yes. HE ACCEPTED TO DIE BECAUSE HE KNEW HE WILL RISE AGAIN. Get it? I You are JESUS who is Also GOD and who can die and rise again at will. WILL YOU BE AFRAID OF DEATH?

Let me put it straight to you. JESUS did not die. He only SLEPT for 3 days. Reason? He is GOD and GOD cannot DIE because he is OMINIPRESENT.

On the other hand LAZARUS died. He was already smelling when JESUS/GOD got to him and raised him from the death.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by jmoore(m): 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: Personally I would go through all jesus went through just to be given one billion dollars, I know of people who would go through same tin or even worse for less, did jesus suffer more than the slaves in america? Or did he suffer more than the people who were tortured and beaten to death, in places like cambodia, uganda, rwanda etc, the answer is No, so christians should stop saying how difficult it was for jesus to lay his life down for sinners.

No human is pure enough to be used as a sacrifice. Jesus Christ is the perfect sacrifice.

That Jesus who is God chose to come down in human form is a big deal. He brought himself low

Carnal minds such as atheists and co will never understand the things of the spirit hence their wallowing in ignorance.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

Does look like you are dealing with different gods. One kills lil babies and the other one killed his own baby to set an example.

Would you kill your child if yahweh ask you to?

I'm dealing with one God. He doesn't kill babies he HATES sin. He didn't kill his baby, Jesus was sent to setup free. Yahweh doesn't want my babies dead because murder is a sin. So y will he ask me to kill my babies. God is spectacular he knows my needs b4 I need them and he is faithful and just.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Paul Adefarasin And Wife Celebrate 21st Wedding Anniversary / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? / If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.