Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? (23905 Views)

Photos: Is Jesus On His Way Back? / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by 2sexyus: 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
He loves me so much...

He save me last year and also saved members of my school while they were returning from a conference organised at UNILAG.

I could not join them due to circumstances beyond my control.

If they told you no one died from the pic below, you wont believe as the vehicle exploded immediately the driver,the last man, was extricated.

God is a loving God, but we seem to forget when faced with adversities.
Vanneni: He know s you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by raystanley(m): 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
By now you all ought to have known that this was an Acient Format Story to estort money From the dumb once... All na money parrol! If na lie make pastors stop to dey collect offering and tithe make you see whether ChurCh go dey again... Wise up bro!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 4:47pm On Apr 23, 2013
damosky12:

look friend. Jesus was not a man, He was 'God Himself' who came in form of a man(John 1:1), He carried the life spirit of God because He was born of that spirit and not a man's spermatozua; that is why He was called Emmanuel meaning God (himself) with us (in form of man). He wasnt born of any man (remember it was the the the prencense of God who over shadowed a holy virgin to bear Him), so he was not a normal being neither was he a sinner genetically because he wasnt born by a man's sperm remember, man is a sinner by nature of Adam. Jesus was not a product of Adam!! HE WAS HOLY IN NATURE AND IN DEED. HE NEVER SINNED AND WAS'NT BORN A SINNER LIKE ALL MEN!! The reason why the sacrifice is esteemed is because of.

1)God's love for man for Jesus to die in the place of sinfull sinners when He himself never sinned. (1Corinth 5:21)

2)He himself was the creator of men. Bible says "...and without Him was not anything made that was made"-JOHN 1:3. He was the one who could die to bear the sins of all men because he made them and remember He could have chosen not to die and kill all men, creating a new set of Men. He chose not "for God SO LOVED the world" this world.

3) A man who hated sin was made to carry it in bulk upon himself, that was why He was praying to God. He wasnt afraid of the death but never wanted to be a sinner for once because He had to carry the sins of the whole world (alive, dead and unborn) upon himself even though He never sinned!
I love this writing, but i have to add more to that, he was the one who restored the communication between God and man, having been destroyed by the sin of Adam, gave us an assurance of eternal life, and salvation, and for us to enjoy the priviledges of being his children. No one can ever do that for u if not Jesus. Not even ur president can.

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

Can the blood of jesus get you a job,or put food on your table?

Blood? Is that like a ritual or something? Is it ok to call you a carnibal?

You can if u want to. After all I eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus as he directed me to, to wash me clean of sin [quote] wink
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
jumboo:
God is just and He would not allow a sinner go unpunished. We are not saved because Christ was flogged and crucified... Christ at the garden of Gethsemane was not talking about the whips of the soldiers and the cross when He said let this cup pass over me. He was talking about God's wrath and an eventual separation from the father he is one with. God crushed him for your sins and my sins. He paid the price in full, drank every bit of the wrath in that cup. You can never ever go through what Jesus went through. The death that should have come to me as a result of my sins has been paid for in full, that is why I can stand justified.

A lot of people died more painful death than that. Thousands of criminals were killed exactly the same way( although he did not die on the cross). And why did he cry: "my god why have you forsaken me". Something is dodgy.

We shouldnt let primitive men teach us what to believe, instead we should correct them. Did the bible not say the earth is flat?
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by ayenny02(m): 4:50pm On Apr 23, 2013
adebiyikayode5: i pity majority of ppl on this forum 4 typing stupility statement on the jesus christ on the forum i dont care whom u are listen good without d death of christ 4 yr life u are d fast lane to crisis,futility,pain&vanity
Sorry for you, why not say this to those who slap ur god and see what's going to happen,
john 18:22-23
22 When Jesus said this, one of the officials nearby slapped him in the face. “Is this the way you answer the high priest?” he demanded.

23 “If I said something wrong,” Jesus replied, “testify as to what is wrong. But if I spoke the truth, why did you strike me?”
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 23, 2013
mitchyy: For those who don't know, Jesus sacrificed his human life. Yes, his perfect body was tortured and killed. But he was resurrected, remember not as a human anymore but as a heavenly creature. The word sacrifice should make you understand that its something you lose, something that is gone. Jesus perfect human body is gone because of the love he had for us! Yes! And i thank him everybody for that because if dey ask una to do the same thing una go run!
What does He need the body for He took it and used it for what it was intended and then discarded it. So....
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
2sexy.us:
He loves me so much...

He save me last year and also saved members of my school while they were returning from a conference organised at UNILAG.

If they told you no one died from the pic below, you wont believe as the vehicle exploded immediately the driver,the last man, was extricated.

And he didnt love the ones that died ? You were only lucky if that actually happened.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

No, you have been programmed to believe that,you are deeply rooted in the matrix.

No sweetie. I used to see going to church as a burden, but then I met a preacher that explained God's love in the simplest of terms. I yearn to to ear more of God's love. It is so refreshing.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

Apparently they heard his footsteps in the garden! God? I thought he was a spirit.
Ofcourse He's a spirit and so are you.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adoniza(m): 4:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh:

You can if u want to. After all I eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus as he directed me to, to wash me clean of sin

Is that not ritual? Which the so called "Word of God" also condamn
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by ayenny02(m): 4:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
HyperBase: The person who posted this lead against christianty is either a witch or a wizard. If you dont believe in the Christian faith, look elsewhere and dont come here to talk nonsense. You will see yourself in hell fire fool.
Shame on you, you can't defend ur god instead u to keep quiet, where did u see witch where they exposing ur paganism and paulinism from ur man made religion
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by 2sexyus: 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
Nobody died in that accident... Nobody.
ifeness:

And he didnt love the ones that died ? You were only lucky if that actually happened.

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
Demain_man:

The wages of sin is death. And Jesus died. And some posters here said he did not commit sin? How? And he died? I am really confused

He died for our sin. Yours and mine. Understand that he was pure, without sin, the ultimate sacrificial lamb. Dying for our sins so we can be free of the bondage. That law that said you will die for your sins got amended. The Jesus amendment
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by ayenny02(m): 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2013
HyperBase: The person who posted this lead against christianty is either a witch or a wizard. If you dont believe in the Christian faith, look elsewhere and dont come here to talk nonsense. You will see yourself in hell fire fool.
Shame on you, you can't defend ur god instead u to keep quiet, where did u see witch where they exposing ur paganism and paulinism from ur man made religion. If I were you I will just go and commit suicide.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
2sexy.us:
He loves me so much...

What a mysterious God we have. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by DASKACE(m): 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

Obviously his ways are very unreasonable..

A God!! That knew that his creations would eat from a fruit that was bad for them, yet he placed it within their reach.. then when they ate the fruit (as he already knew they would), he got angry and punishes them..

If that isnt a set-up, then I wonder..

God made man rational being and not a mere robot that obeys command, His reason not far fetched so that man will prove his loyalty to Him before he can live as an immortal being. Apply this simple logic: test is set for student in a particular subject after some time of coaching by the teacher, so also was the first man placed in the splendour of a beautiful garden with simply test of not eating from the tree of knowledge. They failed that test by heeding to the first sinner advise of lucifer to eat from the tree. Lucifer already facing eternal condemnation and looking for people to go down with him deceived the first man to eat from the forbidden fruit. If there is one thing God can not stand, it is disobedience ie one being a rebellious to His laid down statues. Believe me bro, anything He does is so justifiable and for every action, there is a reaction. So also, there is consequences for everything we do here on earth whether good or bad. Deut 30:19 I have set life and prosperity, death and adversity, now choose life that you might live.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
adoniza:

Is that not ritual? Which the so called "Word of God" also condamn

The word of God never condemned rituals. Since the days of Abraham there have bn sacrifices to God. His issue is with rituals and sacrifices to other gods. He is a jealous God and you must worship him alone.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh:

No sweetie. I used to see going to church as a burden, but then I met a preacher that explained God's love in the simplest of terms. I yearn to to ear more of God's love. It is so refreshing.

Look at the 10 commandment ,does that look like what a loving good will impose on his creatures?

Love is non judgmental , .... bible god is the opposite of love, he gets angry,jealous,needs worship,money .......sacrificed his baby( worse than hitler)
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by leesha(f): 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2013
Trinitarians...U pple r S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴͡ confused! God sent himself τ̅☺ come nd die Kai... U pple shud stop listening τ̅☺ all these false preachings/Doctrines. U can pick up d bible and study it yourself! Jesus Christ is d son of God. He has neva equaled himself τ̅☺ God! He constantly told us bout Jehovah God his father nd how his father is greater than him, they r nt equal.He also taught us τ̅☺ pray τ̅☺ his father in d lords prayer. God sent his son and co-worker Jesus τ̅☺ the earth. Read your bibles please!Stop being decieved by all dis false teachings.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2013
2sexy.us:
Nobody died in that accident... Nobody.

What about the christians killed by boko, he loved them less?
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Daresh(f): 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

Look at the 10 commandment ,does that look like what a loving good will impose on his creatures?

Love is non judgmental , .... bible god is the opposite of love, he gets angry,jealous,needs worship,money .......sacrificed his baby( worse than hitler)

We are not on the same line here. See the Old Testament laws differ greatly from the New Testament. You see all those old laws, they were to guide the naughty ppl of Israel.those folks no dey hear word. All those laws were put in place to guide them from all the sin in the world. But when Jesus came, he brought 1 law to cover all the laws and commandments, and that law is LOVE. When you love ur bro and love God all those commandments are easily followed. The doesn't need money, he wants you to worship him cos that's y he created you. He sacrificed his baby cos he loves you. He let his baby die so you can come to him. So you Ifeness can have the freedom and the peace in your heart without all those laws weighing you down. God loves you sweetie.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

Your interpretation is awesome, GO BACK AND READ YOUR SAME CHAPTER, then rephrase your question. Our GOD DID NOT CREATE EVIL, Bible said he created all things in six days and rested on the seventh day. Evil came into this world from Lucifer after he was cast down, however, GOD is only speaking about his supremacy over evil. He created the Heavens and the Earth where Evil resides, so he controls it all.
God created Lucifer, so where did Lucifer get his evilness from God is the creator of all things, good and evil! Except there's some other force asides Him who's almost equally potent.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by ayenny02(m): 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
adaxme: and pls stop comparing jesus christ and some slaves , jesus is the son of the almighty God ,totally sinless as perfect,the slaves where ordinary humans
Son of god or son of maria? You don't know anything, why not u people shud keep quiet and accept all the contradiction, forged, man made and false religion.

Also, they asked Jesus christ are u son of God, jesus said:Matthew 26:63-64
63 But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
JESUS SAID NOTHING AND THEY CHANGED THE QUESTION THAT: Mark 14:61
61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
JESUS NOW ANSWERED YES: Mark 14:62
62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

SON OF BLESSED (who is Blessed)
Luke 1:28 & 48
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adoniza(m): 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
Why can't God defend himself?

Check some of the so called M.O.G, they all have personal body guards (with arms) and some even on bullet proof cars, yet they tell you that can protect you.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

Lol, you guys never quit, as much as dying on the cross was significant, there where two other significant events that happened - physically and spiritually. Please read the Bible.

Only God knew about his journey, and that's why when Jesus Cried out, father why have u forsaken me, God knew the plan.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he sent his only son, that whosoever BELIEVES in him, WILL NOT PERISH, but have everlasting life.

bed time story for kids, once upon a time, the tortoise was married to 2wives then the first wife died and tortoise said...bla bla bla....
there are history books that predated the bible, have you read them??
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by adoniza(m): 5:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
Why can't God defend himself?

Check some of the so called M.O.G, they all have personal body guards (with arms) and some even on bullet proof cars, yet they tell you that can protect you. Lol..... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: u people with talk about the wrath of God and dis and dat, why has'nt the wrath of God fallen on all the evil leaders in this country who are making christian Nigerians go tru hell, or why has'nt the wrath of God fallen on the many voodoo pastors who perform miracles in the name of ur God, he should take care of the meSsed up situations he created before visiting his wrath on me, lol
He's taking His time, giving y'all more time to see clearly.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2013
ATMC: ok he said dt, what is your own say?

?
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by DASKACE(m): 5:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

What about the christians killed by boko, he loved them less?

He love everybody equal as death is a thing not to be feared, it is one fate awaiting us all. As for this present life we are in now, it is filled with imperfections. Psalm 82:5 'They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course'. That is why this present earth will be destroyed by God someday and create a new heaven and a new earth free from present imperfection. He will reward the overcomers with life eternal here on earth.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 23, 2013
2sexy.us:
He loves me so much...

and he hated those who died?? he also hated those who died in tanker fire abi??
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
Daresh:

We are not on the same line here. See the Old Testament laws differ greatly from the New Testament. You see all those old laws, they were to guide the naughty ppl of Israel.those folks no dey hear word. All those laws were put in place to guide them from all the sin in the world. But when Jesus came, he brought 1 law to cover all the laws and commandments, and that law is LOVE. When you love ur bro and love God all those commandments are easily followed. The doesn't need money, he wants you to worship him cos that's y he created you. He sacrificed his baby cos he loves you. He let his baby die so you can come to him. So you Ifeness can have the freedom and the peace in your heart without all those laws weighing you down. God loves you sweetie.

Ok laws like stoning kids to death,killing homosexual are old testament laws.

Why is the church still against gay people if those were old laws? And why do you still read from the old testament?

Seems to me The only parts of the bible that christians believe in are the ones they need at the time. The bible is hilarious and anyone that believes in it is ignorant..... It is a funny book to read.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

The Dedication Of Catholic Church, Nkpor Anambra (Photos) / Types Of People You'll Find At The Crossover Service. / Redeemed Church Zonal Headquarters Sealed By Lagos State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.